8/6/14 - Wantagh, NY

redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Re: 8/6/14 - Wantagh, NY

Post by redinthesky »

kissthat wrote:
Odd, seems like Paul's platform was closer to the stage than I have ever seen it, probably something to do with the layout or whatnot.

Hope no one was hurt in the truck crash.
jackstar74
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by jackstar74 »

So how did Hide Your Heart and War Machine go over with the Jones Beach crowd? Seems like a lot of my friends were there except me....I was tapped out unfortunately. Had to buy Eagles tickets for the wife..ugh
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by nibbler1982 »

jackstar74 wrote:So how did Hide Your Heart and War Machine go over with the Jones Beach crowd? Seems like a lot of my friends were there except me....I was tapped out unfortunately. Had to buy Eagles tickets for the wife..ugh
It looked like they were both well received by my eye, especially Hide. It's one of those songs that even if you don't know it goes over. It's a catchy tune and Paul makes it a sing along. The hook's not that hard to remember if you're a first timer!

"Ah, ah, ah, ah...hey, hey, hey
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo doo"
KISSTRONAUT
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

fraroc04 wrote: I just can't do it anymore...I can't deal with my alcoholic wreck of a "father" anymore.
I survived mine. I also swore that I would be better. I won.
AJ
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by AJ »

fraroc04 wrote:Knowing Dad, he'll eventually get over it. But right now he's not talking to neither of us right now. He's a fucking hypocrite because he had no problem about seeing Van Halen all the way to the end multiple times despite the fact I had school tomorrow. (Granted, I wanted to stay the whole show too and suffer through it the next day). He has no problem seeing the BulletBoys play at a club where the concert doesn't end until 12:30AM. But for everything else, he'll just skip the other act or leave before the encore.

His feelings are just hurt because he didn't get his way.

Your dad reminds me of her......
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

Another review.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/a-and-e/m ... cle/395557" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kissthat

Post by kissthat »

nibbler1982 wrote:Another review.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/a-and-e/m ... cle/395557" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Excuse me Nib, one review said near capacity and the other said sold out. I'm from the South and they say we are a little slow sometimes, how does "near capacity" and "sold out" compare to 40% ? :lol: I keed , I keed .
KISS Unmasked II
Banned
Banned

Post by KISS Unmasked II »

Cool clip of LOVE GUN but why does Paul insist on stopping the momentum of the big finale of the song ?
If you are going to shoot the ceiling, shoot the ceiling. No need to tell us to watch. We are watching !!!
:lol:
asamphord
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by asamphord »

AJ wrote:
fraroc04 wrote:Knowing Dad, he'll eventually get over it. But right now he's not talking to neither of us right now. He's a fucking hypocrite because he had no problem about seeing Van Halen all the way to the end multiple times despite the fact I had school tomorrow. (Granted, I wanted to stay the whole show too and suffer through it the next day). He has no problem seeing the BulletBoys play at a club where the concert doesn't end until 12:30AM. But for everything else, he'll just skip the other act or leave before the encore.

His feelings are just hurt because he didn't get his way.

Your dad reminds me of her......
well except that whole being a fan of the Bulletboys thing.
fraroc04

Post by fraroc04 »

Well it was inevitable but it happened. Out of the blue, Dad asked me to a favor for him and in the end, we started hugging and he apologized to me. He said that he should have never have gotten that mad at the concert and I said that I shouldn't have thrown a fit like an immature child....

He was right, we both did things that we shouldn't have done. I threw a silent temper-tantrum over what happened and Dad was a miserable bastard the entire show. But what's past is past.
fraroc04

Post by fraroc04 »

Guess what happened.

Today, I finally got the courage to ask Dad if we're going to see Motley Crue together. He said "Of course! Why wouldn't we?" It's almost like he completely forgot what happened on the KISS concert. Well, I did say, "Well, remember how you were ranting after the KISS concert that my punishment for forcing you to stay 'till the end was that I can't go see Motley Crue and if I do, you'd hit me?" All he said was "Oh don't worry about it, I got caught up in the moment and I said some things I'm not proud of."

Seriously?

At any rate, at least we're seeing Motley now.