Whee Wan

8/6/14 - Wantagh, NY

Post by Julien »

Wantagh, NY
Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
Promoter: Live Nation
Other act(s) Def Leppard, Dead Daisies
Reported audience: TBD / 15,000 (MAX)

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the setlist, report live from the show!

Setlist will be archived HERE
marcx
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Re: 8/6/14 - Wantagh, NY

Post by marcx »

WOO_HOO--The date is fast approaching!!!
fraroc04

Post by fraroc04 »

ONE DAY AWAY SO EXCITE :)
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by nibbler1982 »

Jones Beach KISS show number eight baby!!!

Let's hope they got eight more in 'em for this old venue.

I will say the last seven shows had picture postcard weather (except for the last 10 minutes of The Tour that is). Let's hope it keeps up. As of now 40% chance of a passing thunder shower. I say we'll be cool.
fraroc04

Post by fraroc04 »

nibbler1982 wrote:Jones Beach KISS show number eight baby!!!

Let's hope they got eight more in 'em for this old venue.

I will say the last seven shows had picture postcard weather (except for the last 10 minutes of The Tour that is). Let's hope it keeps up. As of now 40% chance of a passing thunder shower. I say we'll be cool.
The show goes rain or shine.

And knowing KISS, they'll probably reschedule if it's a wash. Look at what happened in Calgary.

Also, words of warning. Do not EVER, EVER order ANY food at the consession stands. It's literally like climbing to the top of the top tier of seats, opening your wallet and emptying your money into the Great South Bay.

I got SO wet last year, but it was so worth it!
marcx
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by marcx »

Me and my nine year old are PSYCHED!!!!
fraroc04

Post by fraroc04 »

marcx wrote:Me and my nine year old are PSYCHED!!!!
You've taught him very well.
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

Well ladies and gentleman the day is finally here and it hasn't come a moment to soon. As far as our weather it looks like smooth sailing today. Latest reports say the only possible hiccup is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms between 6:00pm and 7:00pm...I'll take it! Through the years the weather's always been kind to the KISS Army here in Wantagh.

The place has really filled up too. The reports of KISS' death at The Nikon have been greatly exaggerated. As of 9:53am Eastern it looks like we're at 12,000+ strong. If this huge walkup we've been hearing about is in effect tonight maybe we'll even sell out those remaining 3,000 seats too. If you check the interactive map they're definitely disappearing by the minute. The day of a KISS show always is a magical time and 31 years later not ONE bit of shine is off of that apple. :D

KISS Army 2014 Strong Island
fraroc04

Post by fraroc04 »

nibbler1982 wrote:Well ladies and gentleman the day is finally here and it hasn't come a moment to soon. As far as our weather it looks like smooth sailing today. Latest reports say the only possible hiccup is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms between 6:00pm and 7:00pm...I'll take it! Through the years the weather's always been kind to the KISS Army here in Wantagh.

The place has really filled up too. The reports of KISS' death at The Nikon have been greatly exaggerated. As of 9:53am Eastern it looks like we're at 12,000+ strong. If this huge walkup we've been hearing about is in effect tonight maybe we'll even sell out those remaining 3,000 seats too. If you check the interactive map they're definitely disappearing by the minute. The day of a KISS show always is a magical time and 31 years later not ONE bit of shine is off of that apple. :D

(High fives)
cwr18
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by cwr18 »

nibbler1982 wrote:Well ladies and gentleman the day is finally here and it hasn't come a moment to soon. As far as our weather it looks like smooth sailing today. Latest reports say the only possible hiccup is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms between 6:00pm and 7:00pm...I'll take it! Through the years the weather's always been kind to the KISS Army here in Wantagh.

"Disgraceful"

"40%."

"Soft."

"Standing in the dirt"

:mrgreen:
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

cwr18 wrote:

"Disgraceful"

"40%."

"Soft."

"Standing in the dirt"

:mrgreen:
No dirt tonight Red you motherfu...HEY...WAIT A MINUTE!!!

Red...put the gun down and leave CWR alone. The authorities have been notified and are on there way. Just because you couldn't have been more wrong about the 2014 tour that's still no reason to resort to this!!!

Edit: All kidding aside, I'm only breaking balls and I got much love for ALL my KISS Army brothers and sisters. It's just the Bay Ridge upbringing in me comin' out. If any of you cats (including Red) are heading over to the show I'll be tailgating all day. Just PM me and I'll have a cold one (or a cocktail) waiting for you.

KISS Army 2014
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by redinthesky »

Hope everyone who goes tonight has a great time! (Even you nib! lol) There's still a good deal of tix left, even $40 ones up top, I may still go.

A little off-topic, I think it;s odd how when you can "choose your own seats" on the map, so many of the available seats are "together." I don't know, but if I have a chance to be a little away from a crowd, I take it.

Felt a few rain drops before, but even if it rains tonight, screw it, Jones Beach is still a great place to see a show (and indeed, no dirt) , as the guys here going no doubt already know. If I don't go, looking forward to reading reports tonight, I hope Kiss throws in a surprise for the hometown crowd. Rock!
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

redinthesky wrote:Hope everyone who goes tonight has a great time! (Even you nib! lol) There's still a good deal of tix left, even $40 ones up top, I may still go.

A little off-topic, I think it;s odd how when you can "choose your own seats" on the map, so many of the available seats are "together." I don't know, but if I have a chance to be a little away from a crowd, I take it.

Felt a few rain drops before, but even if it rains tonight, screw it, Jones Beach is still a great place to see a show (and indeed, no dirt) , as the guys here going no doubt already know. If I don't go, looking forward to reading reports tonight, I hope Kiss throws in a surprise for the hometown crowd. Rock!
Come on Red...you gotta go!!! The bus is back running and you go right out of the Freeport LIRR.

If you show I swear I got enough liquor and beer in the SUV to give 25 people alcohol poisoning. Get banged up on my dollar big guy, we'll go back to fighting tomorrow!
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

nibbler1982 wrote:
redinthesky wrote:Hope everyone who goes tonight has a great time! (Even you nib! lol) There's still a good deal of tix left, even $40 ones up top, I may still go.

Come on Red...you gotta go!!! The bus is back running and you go right out of the Freeport LIRR.

If you show I swear I got enough liquor and beer in the SUV to give 25 people alcohol poisoning. Get banged up on my dollar big guy, we'll go back to fighting tomorrow!
LOL it's all part of the Faq show. But actually if anything I was even considering the "beer bus" or "rock bus" or what's it called.....it's on ticketmaster, it actually isn't a bad deal at all....$49 there and back, no hassles, just hop on, see the show, and then after the show, takes you back, you just relax and let them do the driving lol. It's 2 'oclock I better decide fast lol.
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

redinthesky wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:

LOL it's all part of the Faq show. But actually if anything I was even considering the "beer bus" or "rock bus" or what's it called.....it's on ticketmaster, it actually isn't a bad deal at all....$49 there and back, no hassles, just hop on, see the show, and then after the show, takes you back, you just relax and let them do the driving lol. It's 2 'oclock I better decide fast lol.
Well...I hope you come. If you do just PM me and we'll knock a couple back.

If I hear you went and you didn't reach out???

Then we're definitely THROWIN' DOWN!!! :D
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

nibbler1982 wrote:
redinthesky wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:

Well...I hope you come. If you do just PM me and we'll knock a couple back.

If I hear you went and you didn't reach out???

Then we're definitely THROWIN' DOWN!!! :D
Haha sounds good, 'preciate it. If not, I'll be looking forward to your reports.
rlivo
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by rlivo »

HOLY SHIT!!! I just checked tickets out of curiosity and this show has sold a SHIT TON more tickets as of like 2 hours ago.

HEADED FOR A MOTHER FUCKING SELL OUT!!!!

KISS/LEP! BEST ROCK TOUR OF THE YEAR!!!! :D

I am seeing them on Sunday AGAIN, and I can't fucking wait.

KISS ARMY 2014!! BEST BAND ON THE PLANET!!!
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

If there's a cloud in the sky I can't find it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AJ
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by AJ »

Please post pics, reviews, or links to local news covering this show. Thanks.
fraroc04

Post by fraroc04 »

You know I'm excited for this show when My parents are still getting dressed and I'm all ready to go with my leather vest and camo pants :)
AJ
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by AJ »

The opening band The Dead Daisies won't be playing tonight.
metaldad

Post by metaldad »

AJ wrote:The opening band The Dead Daisies won't be playing tonight.
Perfect time for both bands to step up and play longer sets
My guess it won't happen
AJ
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by AJ »

metaldad wrote:
AJ wrote:The opening band The Dead Daisies won't be playing tonight.
Perfect time for both bands to step up and play longer sets
My guess it won't happen
It won't happen because they (the crew) needed extra time to set up the lighting rigs.
AJ
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by AJ »

If you have a good printer and laminating machine, you could meet KISS tonight. ;-)
fraroc04

Post by fraroc04 »

I AM THIS CLOSE TO KILLING MY DAD. You know what he says to me and Mom RIGHT as we park?

"I don't want to see KISS, so lets leave after Def Leppard."

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? I wouldn't mind, but I've waited for this concert for months. So me and my mom and dad had a huge three way argument which lead to Dad reluctantly agreeing to see KISS, but not before he called me an unnappreciative peice of shit and that he hopes that I die. He also shoved me while I was walking, causing me to spill my beer all over the place and on my Moms back.

He also said "what's so special about those two (K words) anyway?" Oviously referring to Gene and Paul.

Btw def Lep sounds good so far!
Anomaly

Post by Anomaly »

fraroc04 wrote:I AM THIS CLOSE TO KILLING MY DAD. You know what he says to me and Mom RIGHT as we park?

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? I wouldn't mind, but I've waited for this concert for months. So me and my mom and dad had a huge three way argument which lead to Dad reluctantly agreeing to see KISS, but not before he called me an unnappreciative peice of shit and that he hopes that I die. He also shoved me while I was walking, causing me to spill my beer all over the place and on my Moms back.

He also said "what's so special about those two (K words) anyway?" Oviously referring to Gene and Paul.

AJ
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by AJ »

Spoiler alert

redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

Spoiler alert? There was no missing that set list!

If you are at the show and checking this thread end first, don't scroll up!!

Anyone know what that means after song #10?
AJ
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by AJ »

redinthesky wrote:Spoiler alert? There was no missing that set list!

Ah come on, same setlist every night.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

AJ wrote:
redinthesky wrote:Spoiler alert? There was no missing that set list!

Ah come on, same setlist every night.
I believe you have a point.
AJ
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by AJ »

KISSTRONAUT
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

Fucking fraroc04 is in the house! :)
Evo999

Post by Evo999 »

fraroc04 wrote:I AM THIS CLOSE TO KILLING MY DAD. You know what he says to me and Mom RIGHT as we park?

I feel bad for you.
fraroc04

Post by fraroc04 »

To sum it up, both bands were killer tonight, but now Dad is super pissed at the two of us for forcing him to stay until the end of RARAN. I swear, if he thinks he is going to hit me or lay his hands on me in any way without any dire consequences, he is sadly mistaken.

Me and mom are not sorry though, Dad chose to be miserable the entire show. He'll tell any of you that I ruined it for him. BULLSHIT. He ruined it for himself. Mom says he's pulled this kind of bullshit since they've been married.

UPDATE: Well, it looks like my punishment is that I can't go see Motley Crüe. Mom bought the tickets and now she's pissed off at Dad too......

The concert experience was fucking ruined for me. What was supposed to be me seeing the Hottest Band In The World turned to dad hating me, dad hating mom, and vice versa....I just can't do it anymore...I can't deal with my alcoholic wreck of a "father" anymore.
Last edited by fraroc04 on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 67321 »

AJ wrote:Spoiler alert

Oh' boy "Lick it Up" :puker:

Post by 67321 »

fraroc04 wrote:To sum it up, both bands were killer tonight, but now Dad is super pissed at the two of us for forcing him to stay until the end of RARAN. I swear, if he thinks he is going to hit me or lay his hands on me in any way without any dire consequences, he is sadly mistaken.

Me and mom are not sorry though, Dad chose to be miserable the entire show. He'll tell any of you that I ruined it for him. BULLSHIT. He ruined it for himself. Mom says he's pulled this kind of bullshit since they've been married.

UPDATE: Well, it looks like my punishment is that I can't go see Motley Crüe. Mom bought the tickets and now she's pissed off at Dad too......

The concert experience was fucking ruined for me. What was supposed to be me seeing the Hottest Band In The World turned to dad hating me, dad hating mom, and vice versa....I just can't do it anymore...I can't deal with my alcoholic wreck of a "father" anymore.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

What an incredible show tonight! Eric was on point and when he plays like this, the band is better than a well-oiled machine.

It's the second show I've seen on this tour, the other being PNC nearly two weeks ago. At PNC Def Lep owned the crowd and it was pleasant to see KISS, yet even hard to admit as a KISS fan that they dominated that show. But tonight was a different story. I feel as though KISS made Long Island theirs!

Just a side bar... The curtain fell down half way before "Rock and Roll" even hit the PA, so during "Rock and Roll" the crew just yanked the entire KISS curtain down. It was sort've a bummer because I love that anticipated feeling you get just before seeing KISS. But they made it work for sure. Eric came down at the start of Psycho Circus and the band charted in from the side of the stage, about 10-15 seconds into the song. It actually worked very well.

Attached is just an Instagram I'd pieced together from my shots tonight!

Oh and I should say, I don't think this band needs to hang it up. After a night like tonight, they proved that they can still come out with fire and feel recharged. I enjoyed every second of tonights show, even the 'stale' setlist. It all of a sudden didn't seem 'stale' at all.

For whatever reason I began to ponder the notion of seeing/hearing "Rock and Roll All Nite" one final time though, while they were playing it. It makes you appreciate everything this band has given us, and I don't think I've ever enjoyed the song as much as tonight. I've only heard it probably close to 2,000 times or so too :lol:

With that said, show #16 is in the books!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
telegramsam
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by telegramsam »

AJ wrote:Image

If you have a good printer and laminating machine, you could meet KISS tonight. ;-)
hey that's my photo!
and btw, those laminates are loaded with holograms, impossible to duplicate
KISSman24

Post by KISSman24 »

fraroc04 wrote:To sum it up, both bands were killer tonight, but now Dad is super pissed at the two of us for forcing him to stay until the end of RARAN. I swear, if he thinks he is going to hit me or lay his hands on me in any way without any dire consequences, he is sadly mistaken.

Sorry to hear that your potential good time was ruined. That has to be difficult to deal with.

Can't imagine why you can't see Motley Crue because your dad gets miserable at shows. Can't you just go without him? It's time to rebel, dude. :rambo:
diabloarcade
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by diabloarcade »

Alright. Here's what you do. Get yourself a bicycle. or just steal the family wagon. Or hitchhike. Fuck what he has to say. You're seeing Motley Crue.
fraroc04

Post by fraroc04 »

Knowing Dad, he'll eventually get over it. But right now he's not talking to neither of us right now. He's a fucking hypocrite because he had no problem about seeing Van Halen all the way to the end multiple times despite the fact I had school tomorrow. (Granted, I wanted to stay the whole show too and suffer through it the next day). He has no problem seeing the BulletBoys play at a club where the concert doesn't end until 12:30AM. But for everything else, he'll just skip the other act or leave before the encore.

His feelings are just hurt because he didn't get his way.
kissthat

Post by kissthat »

fraroc04

Post by fraroc04 »

It wasn't a total loss though. I was sitting next to a fan who saw KISS at least 20 times, first time on the Crazy Nights tour and saw them on the Reunion tour in MSG. So me and him bullshat about the Hot In The Shade tour and how I would have loved to have been alive to see it....It was awesome :)
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

Great show. It's unfortunate the lighting truck overturned. You could easily see both the DL stage and the KISS stage was way darker than it should be. Poor Boris was naked, the marvelous light show wasn't to seen by the jam packed Nikon this evening. KISS didn't descend from the spider either. I'm not sure if it was a technical problem or it was just because the curtain fell down before they got a chance to rise to the rafters. The exact same thing happened in 2012. Maybe the winds coming off Zach's Bay are especially troublesome for the crew. Both bands put on a great show and you can see why this tour is doing so well. Def Leppard was Def Leppard and KISS was KISS...that's why we bought the tickets in the first place. As far as attendance I was gonna give you pictures of before DL's set and then before KISS. The above mentioned lighting problem made that impossible. I have good "before" shots in the daylight but the lack of lighting kept everything past the orchestra in the dark for an "after" pic. The sparse sections to the extreme left and right were promptly filled before the hottest band in the world took the stage. I guess what they've been saying about the walkup is true. If Jones Beach wasn't sold out I couldn't find the empty seats.

All and all it was another great KISS concert and it never ceases to amaze me that 31 years after my first show I still get the privilege and the honor to go to "electric church", and see KISS live. I can't wait 'till Sunday in Connecticut.

KISS Army 2014
Tommyr

Post by Tommyr »

kissthat wrote:
Man his voice is cringe worthy. Jesus Christ.
rlivo
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by rlivo »

nibbler1982 wrote:Great show. It's unfortunate the lighting truck overturned. You could easily see both the DL stage and the KISS stage was way darker than it should be. Poor Boris was naked, the marvelous light show wasn't to seen by the jam packed Nikon this evening. KISS didn't descend from the spider either. I'm not sure if it was a technical problem or it was just because the curtain fell down before they got a chance to rise to the rafters. The exact same thing happened in 2012. Maybe the winds coming off Zach's Bay are especially troublesome for the crew. Both bands put on a great show and you can see why this tour is doing so well. Def Leppard was Def Leppard and KISS was KISS...that's why we bought the tickets in the first place. As far as attendance I was gonna give you pictures of before DL's set and then before KISS. The above mentioned lighting problem made that impossible. I have good "before" shots in the daylight but the lack of lighting kept everything past the orchestra in the dark for an "after" pic. The sparse sections to the extreme left and right were promptly filled before the hottest band in the world took the stage. I guess what they've been saying about the walkup is true. If Jones Beach wasn't sold out I couldn't find the empty seats.

All and all it was another great KISS concert and it never ceases to amaze me that 31 years after my first show I still get the privilege and the honor to go to "electric church", and see KISS live. I can't wait 'till Sunday in Connecticut.

KISS Army 2014
Yo NIB!! I'm gonna be in CT this Sunday also with my buddy Sean (a NON KISSfaqer).

Would be fun to meet up and say hi if you are interested.

RL
fraroc04

Post by fraroc04 »

Tommyr wrote:
kissthat wrote:
Get out.
kissthat

Post by kissthat »

fraroc04 wrote:
Tommyr wrote:
kissthat wrote:
Get out.
Don't take the bait, whiners will always whine and complainers will always complain.Paul sounds better on this tour than he has at any time since 2006, yet some(those that always complain,KISS' success bothers them) will still keep it up.
nibbler1982

Post by nibbler1982 »

Here's a review.

http://www.hollywoodsoapbox.com/?p=12480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Red Walrus
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Red Walrus »

nibbler1982 wrote:Here's a review.

http://www.hollywoodsoapbox.com/?p=12480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thx