Prattish Pontificator

8/3/14 - Camden, NJ

Post by Admin »

Camden, NJ
Susquehanna Bank Center
Promoter: Live Nation
Other act(s) Def Leppard, Dead Daisies
Reported audience: TBD / 25,000 (MAX)

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the setlist, report live from the show!

Setlist will be archived HERE
mrzucker
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Re: 8/3/14 - Camden, NJ

Post by mrzucker »

Anyone know if this venue can accommodate the entire stage show?
dinsdale
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by dinsdale »

from the last shows ive seen there in 2010 & 2012 it sure looked like the whole stage fit then so my guess is it should be fine.
Wildwood75
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Wildwood75 »

Yes, this venue can handle the show. It will be a tighter squeeze than Boardwalk Hall, however the band can come down from the ceiling and Gene can fly. Gene didn't fly

last night in AC.
Ren5150
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ren5150 »

Camden is one of the worst venues I have ever been to, seating angles are brutal. But, the stage should fit.
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

KISSman24
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSman24 »

This is the first 'Philly' show since my first show in 1985 that I'm not attending. I kinda feel bad about it, but I'm happier that I chose to see them in Atlantic City last night instead. 8)
Ren5150
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ren5150 »

Back from the show, #135 for me.....same set as normal, Spider was used for intro and Lick it Up but Gene did not fly once again. Crowd was good, booze was plentiful and I watched a few "adults" get dragged out for general stupidity. Great pics and vid to follow.
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

1000000-2-1
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by 1000000-2-1 »

Ren5150 wrote:Back from the show, #135 for me.....same set as normal, Spider was used for intro and Lick it Up but Gene did not fly once again. Crowd was good, booze was plentiful and I watched a few "adults" get dragged out for general stupidity. Great pics and vid to follow.
Gig number 135!?!?!?!

Huh... that's a LOT :shock: 8)
Wildwood75

Post by Wildwood75 »

Ren5150 wrote:Back from the show, #135 for me.....same set as normal, Spider was used for intro and Lick it Up but Gene did not fly once again. Crowd was good, booze was plentiful and I watched a few "adults" get dragged out for general stupidity. Great pics and vid to follow.

We are in the same show number catergory. Congrats. Great energy from the band tonight! I think being 5 rows back from the stage added to my experience. KISS were on

fire last night. Paul was having a blast, even sitting on the stage with his legs dangling into the photo pit. This place was packed....Saw plenty of idiot drunks falling all over

the place. Great show!! :) At one point Gene winged his water bottle at lightning speed. And as the post above stated, Gene didn't fly.
BDeav323
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by BDeav323 »

I thought it was another great show tonight too! Yes being close does definitely add to the feeling (I was lucky enough to get a 9th row seat in the center). As stated Gene seemed to be enjoying himself quite a bit. On more then one occasion I watched him place his boot on top of one the security guys head who was standing in front of the stage. Up close you also get a good look at the spider and I think it's cool as hell!! The confetti storm at the end is just insane to be in the middle of. Nothing like singing along to Rock N Roll all Nite and having a piece of confetti land in your mouth :). I was thinking after the show that the people who clean the venue must hate it when Kiss comes to town.

On a side note, I was talking with some folks before the show and the subject came up of how many shows that we've been to. When I mentioned I was somewhere in the mid 30's they were shocked. I just kind of laughed and told them that I know of some folks that are over 100+ shows so by their standards I'm just a rookie. :)
Tommyr
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tommyr »

BDeav323 wrote:The confetti storm at the end is just insane to be in the middle of. Nothing like singing along to Rock N Roll all Nite and having a piece of confetti land in your mouth :). I was thinking after the show that the people who clean the venue must hate it when Kiss comes to town.
I'm guessing they use leaf blowers to clean up the confetti.
rnrnightmare
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by rnrnightmare »

Awesome show! It was my 5th time seeing KISS and 1st time seeing Def Lep and I was impressed! Nice energetic crowd and everyone was in great spirits, except for the obligatory overweight incoherent woman blabbing about some nonsense. I still got goosebymps after Def leppard's set when I saw that giant KISS curtain drop when the stage was being assembled,and speaking of the stage...

Definitely enjoyed seeing the Spider in person and it lived up to the hype. Only complaint I had was the shorter set, but understand that is the nature of the beast with these co headlining gigs.
Kisskaiser
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Kisskaiser »

I went to both the Atlantic City and Camden shows and I have to say I enjoyed the Camden show more. Ever since 2004, Ive seen KISS come to Camden and the crowds are always great. For some reason, the AC show just wasnt that special. In the beginning of the show when they did Psycho Circus, Paul Gene and Tommy didnt come down on the Spider and the KISS curtain didnt come down when the bombs went off and it came down a few seconds later (kinda was a Spinal Tap moment LOL). Paul said the next song was "I Love it Loud" but was mistaken when it was actually "War Machine." The one highlight of that show was when Phil Collen of Def Leppard joined KISS on stage in Paul's outfit for "Deuce." For the Camden show, they came down on the spider, it interacted more in the show, they were on top knotch that night. Plus Im not used to the acoustics in Boardwalk Hall and the sound was ehhh, but at Susquehannah, it always sounds good, even if you are in the covered part of the amphitheater or the lawn (where I was). So thats why I think the Camden show was the best out of the 2 I saw
Wicked_Chester
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wicked_Chester »

Did anyone who attended notice if the souvenir stands were selling the Eric Singer autographed drum heads? I saw it in the photos of the stands snapped at the beginning of the tour, but haven't seen it in the photos from the last few dates. I collect autographed drum heads and was hoping to add this one to my collection this coming Saturday in Scranton, PA.
BDeav323
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by BDeav323 »

Wicked_Chester wrote:Did anyone who attended notice if the souvenir stands were selling the Eric Singer autographed drum heads? I saw it in the photos of the stands snapped at the beginning of the tour, but haven't seen it in the photos from the last few dates. I collect autographed drum heads and was hoping to add this one to my collection this coming Saturday in Scranton, PA.
Yeah they were there. I saw someone buy one while I was waiting to get a shirt.
dinsdale
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by dinsdale »

great gig! Def Leppard is A+ don't miss them, i knew all but 2 songs from them. Holy Shit the Spider is fantastic! Loved the set list. Hide your heart, such a treat. My fiance was screaming each song just like me. i'll post more pics soon, here are 3. $10 shirt outside fuck yeah! the friggin paper from explosion landed on my tongue as i took pic.
Attachments
10313168_10152661142444874_2968299321378723258_n.jpg
1901384_10152661142379874_7276839840751564910_n.jpg
10525908_10152661142289874_5790075924650648445_n.jpg
KISSman24
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSman24 »

Kisskaiser wrote:For some reason, the AC show just wasnt that special. In the beginning of the show when they did Psycho Circus, Paul Gene and Tommy didnt come down on the Spider
Maybe I had a better time than you did since KISS came down on the Spider at my Atlantic City show. 8)

Wildwood75

Post by Wildwood75 »

They came down from the Spider at the Atlantic City show :scratch: I saw. I haven't seen Camden that packed in a long time. KISS brought it. Paul seemed to be having a great time and that rubbed off on me. One of the best shows I've seen from them since the Alive/35 tour at the Well Fargo Center in Philly.
mrzucker
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by mrzucker »

Enjoyed the show. Thought Hide Your Heart was a highlight and the crowd seemed really into it. Paul's flight into the audience was very low. I am amazed he didn't hit anyone, or that anyone didn't grab him!
Wildwood75

Post by Wildwood75 »

I noticed that too. His flight was way low and as he passed, I turned to watch and people were actually touching his boot as he swung by. "Hide Your Heart" has always been

a favorite song for me, so hearing it (again) was fantastic. The Camden show had more energy than the AC show plus it was packed and the crowd was very loud. Being in the

5th row, I could see Paul having a blast onstage. A totally different energy than AC.