Prattish Pontificator

8/1/14 - Mansfield, MA

Post by Admin »

Mansfield, MA
Xfinity Center
Promoter: Live Nation
Other act(s) Def Leppard, Kobra and the Lotus
Reported audience: TBD / 19,900 (MAX)

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the setlist, report live from the show!

Setlist will be archived HERE

Notes:
- Final show with Kobra and the Lotus opening.
danran1271
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Re: 8/1/14 - Mansfield, MA

Post by danran1271 »

Kobra and the Lotus are supposed to be at this show according to their website. They leave the tour by the 12th of August.
danran1271
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by danran1271 »

I will be there, who else from the faq is planning on going?
KISSRevenge244
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by KISSRevenge244 »

I'll be there.
KISSHELLAS
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by KISSHELLAS »

Very possible..
Bisleyhawk
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Bisleyhawk »

We'll be there and then off to Atlantic City the next night.
KISSRevenge244
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by KISSRevenge244 »

I wonder if there will be any setlist shakeup to kick off the second leg of the tour...just wishful thinking...
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

danran1271 wrote:Kobra and the Lotus are supposed to be at this show according to their website. They leave the tour by the 12th of August.
Good catch, this is their last show, other than the Toronto gig on the 12th.
danran1271
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by danran1271 »

I will be wearing my Elder T Shirt, if anyone would like to meet and have a beer just approach me and let me know who you are. This tour I ended up buying seats in section 12 but now they have section 4 on sale for a couple dollars more. I don't know if it is really worth it. I've done meet and greet in the past and have been front row. I like to get a full view of the stage. Right now I'm back but center, if I upgrade I will be extreme stage right so I don't know. It seems that having KISS in the area last year killed ticket sales for this show so they had to reduce them. Maybe if they didn't play Gilford NH sales could have been stronger initially. I do assume it will be sold out or close to it by the day of the show.
c1971ace
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by c1971ace »

I'll be there on the lawn
daltonic1
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by daltonic1 »

going.
anomoly2
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by anomoly2 »

Front and center
mrzucker
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by mrzucker »

travelzoo has some ticket offers including $20 lawn seats and buy one get one free in sections 1-8.
goto travelzoo.com and type in mansfield, ma as the destination.
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Could someone in the know explain it to me one more time.

Xfinity has 7,000 reserved, 7,000 lawn, and 5,900 general admission.

Is the interactive map the 7,000 reserved only, or is the 7,000 lawn part of it...and then there's another 5,900 somewhere too?
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

nibbler1982 wrote:Could someone in the know explain it to me one more time.

Is the interactive map the 7,000 reserved only, or is the 7,000 lawn part of it...and then there's another 5,900 somewhere too?
The seating capacity is approximately 19,900. Approximately 7,000 are covered seats in the pavilion, 7,000 are open-air seats, and 5,900 general admission on the lawn

As it was told to me by either A2 or Metallian ,those 7,000 open air seats(sections 9 - 15) are where most of the lawn used to be. In KISS' case, most of those lawn tickets holders will just be put in sections 9&15 (never put on sale according to the active map) with the lawn roped off, topping off attendance at 14,000 for that event. We'll see if the lawn is roped off Friday night.

Deleted User 6907

Post by Deleted User 6907 »

Here is a photo of the uncovered sections

anomoly2
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by anomoly2 »

You guys need to stay off Wikipedia :lol: I'll post how many tix are scanned in.

Seriously, I've seen over 100 shows here and have had the run of this venue and I don't agree how many pavilion seats they state there are and neither will any of the staff there.

And just because there are so many pavilion seats does not mean every seat will all be on sale. If you scatter singles in every row 8,000 can look like 15,000. It's very deceiving to judge by eye. And tickets are always held back , some shows more than others.

There is great radio promotion day ad night and between really pushing this show and being Friday night will bring in strong numbers. I can't project a figure until Friday, than I will know. but they'll do what ever they can to pack the place.
anomoly2
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by anomoly2 »

I was just a guest at the Aerosmith concert where many stated it was going to bomb due to the map?

We scanned exactly 14,210 tickets entering the gate which was great considering they just packed two nights at TD Garden in 2012 and with out a co-headliner. I watched the event front row with Steve's cameraman and from the stage with Slash and Johnny Depp and they still rock let me tell you.

Although we had 14,000 + Only 12,600 will be reported in box scores.

Tyler is as cool as they come, he personally gave me his sunglasses that he came out wearing on stage, a stage played harmonica and Joe hooked me up with a slide. Always hooks me up.

ImageImage

ImageImage
Mansfield crowd behind us

2012 Boston TD Garden
This is what the bottom of Steve's mic stand reads until this day

cwr18
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by cwr18 »

You are the Man! 8)
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Thanks A2, being you took a swipe, :lol: ,my info came from another FAQer that will also be at the show and Xfinity's website. Any info you can give on the seating arrangements there would be much appreciated. Look forward to your report from the show.

I don't think it was said how poorly Aerosmith was selling as much as I was surprised that they had to slash prices so much in their home town area. Wondering if it was an Aerosmith problem or if most shows sell like this at that venue.When I asked, another FAQer PMed me and explained that the back 7,000 seats were what was used to be the lawn(would be the lawn at most sheds) and that the real lawn was usually closed for most shows at that venue. Real info I thanked him for.

EDIT,, while Wiki wasn't used in this case,it is a source of good info if you're smart enough to trace it back to the original source. Never believe anything that's not sourced/referenced/footnoted. :lol:
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

cwr18 wrote:You are the Man! 8)
That guy is the fucking High Chief!!!
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

kissthat wrote:Thanks A2, being you took a swipe, :lol: ,my info came from another FAQer that will also be at the show and Xfinity's website. Any info you can give on the seating arrangements there would be much appreciated. Look forward to your report from the show.

I don't think it was said how poorly Aerosmith was selling as much as I was surprised that they had to slash prices so much in their home town area. Wondering if it was an Aerosmith problem or if most shows sell like this at that venue.When I asked, another FAQer PMed me and explained that the back 7,000 seats were what was used to be the lawn(would be the lawn at most sheds) and that the real lawn was usually closed for most shows at that venue. Real info I thanked him for.

EDIT,, while Wiki wasn't used in this case,it is a source of good info if you're smart enough to trace it back to the original source. Never believe anything that's not sourced/referenced/footnoted. :lol:
They seemed to have opened up the lawn and sections 9 and 15 this morning.
http://concerts.livenation.com/event/01 ... 35455:8213

Yes CWR and Nib, A2 is good people.
Smekaren

Post by Smekaren »

anomoly2 wrote:We scanned exactly 14,210 tickets entering the gate. Although we had 14,000 + Only 12,600 will be reported in box scores.
Maybe I'm an idiot, but what's the reason for this?
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Smekaren wrote:
anomoly2 wrote:We scanned exactly 14,210 tickets entering the gate. Although we had 14,000 + Only 12,600 will be reported in box scores.
You beat me to it. Maybe comps and promos? Is 12% the normal percentage for this type of practice? Maybe a thousand or so tickets are put aside for such a purpose for every show.

I await the reply from Obi-Wan.
Smekaren

Post by Smekaren »

nibbler1982 wrote:
Smekaren wrote:
You beat me to it. Maybe comps and promos? Is 12% the normal percentage for this type of practice? Maybe a thousand or so tickets are put aside for such a purpose for every show.

Maybe this is the reason why official box scores are often a bit lower than eyewitness accounts. I'll await his reply too.
anomoly2
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by anomoly2 »

kissthat wrote:
kissthat wrote:Thanks A2, being you took a swipe, :lol: ,my info came from another FAQer that will also be at the show and Xfinity's website. Any info you can give on the seating arrangements there would be much appreciated. Look forward to your report from the show.

They seemed to have opened up the lawn and sections 9 and 15 this morning.
http://concerts.livenation.com/event/01 ... 35455:8213

Yes CWR and Nib, A2 is good people.
Right back at you man, and no swipe was intended.

The lawn is usually open and it was open for this past Aerosmith concert. There isn't any other reason other than just trying to push the premium seating where the money is. Many passed at first simply because of that ticket price.

In this centralized location you have a lot of towns and small cities bordering between Providence R.I. and Boston, Mass and many of those people regularly attend shows here just for the night out and don't wish to pay top dollar seating. It's a funny place, very unpredictable. There is major promotion, and they have been slashing prices. I'll have an update in a day or so. I left a message for my rep.

As for seating, I can't tell you the exact number of pavilion seats. I get a different figure every time and I've been asking for 20 years :lol: I can say we had 19,000 both nights Kiss and Aerosmith played here back in 2003 so the capacity is correct. I just don't agree with the lawn figure.

And you guys are all great. I have to say it's refreshing to see so many people here attending the tour and representing the band more positively.

The Tour 2012 Here's a pic I took from the front row last time here

anomoly2
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by anomoly2 »

nibbler1982 wrote:
Smekaren wrote:

Obi-Wan :lol:

I would imagine it's for "accounting" purposes.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

anomoly2 wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:
Smekaren wrote:

Sounds like some of the "accounting" I do with my construction company.

'Nuff said.
anomoly2
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by anomoly2 »

nibbler1982 wrote:
anomoly2 wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:
Smekaren wrote:

'Nuff said.
That's for sure :lol:
rscott71

Post by rscott71 »

A2 better start patroling all over the grounds. He's the kind of guy who wouldn't put up with this.

Keith Urban breaks silence on alleged concert rape

July 31, 2014, 5:09 PM EST

Keith Urban is sending "hearts and prayers" out to his Boston concert-goers.

The country singer has broken his silence surrounding the ill-fated concert in Massachusetts last weekend. First, reports surfaced that many patrons were hospitalized, arrested and/or treated for alcohol-related issues at his show on Saturday. Later, it was revealed that an 18-year-old male had been arrested for allegedly raping a 17-year-old female on the lawn of the Xfinity Center venue.

Urban penned a personal note on his webpage Thursday expressing his "horror" at the reported series of events.

"My team and I were horrified to learn of the events reported in Boston this past weekend and our hearts and prayers go out to all those affected," Urban wrote. "This type of behavior stands in stark contrast to the spirit of our shows."

Officers continue to investigate the alleged rape through photos and videos captured on cell phones, while the accused reportedly claims that the act was consensual.

Urban's U.S. tour continues Thursday in Cincinnati and will run through mid-September
c1971ace
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by c1971ace »

kissthat wrote:

The seating capacity is approximately 19,900. Approximately 7,000 are covered seats in the pavilion, 7,000 are open-air seats, and 5,900 general admission on the lawn

As it was told to me by either A2 or Metallian ,those 7,000 open air seats(sections 9 - 15) are where most of the lawn used to be. In KISS' case, most of those lawn tickets holders will just be put in sections 9&15 (never put on sale according to the active map) with the lawn roped off, topping off attendance at 14,000 for that event. We'll see if the lawn is roped off Friday night.

Be interesting to see if it's roped off and I end up in a seat
spaceace35
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by spaceace35 »

c1971ace wrote:
kissthat wrote:

Be interesting to see if it's roped off and I end up in a seat
look for the people with backpacks that work for the place they have upgraded seats available for just $10 and your lawn seat.i got upgraded last time kiss played there and it was well worth it.i'm shocked you are going chris
Ren5150
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ren5150 »

See you there folks.
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

AJ
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by AJ »

Paul and Tommy headed to the show right now.

Smekaren

Post by Smekaren »

nibbler1982 wrote:
anomoly2 wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:
Smekaren wrote:

'Nuff said.
Well, there you go. The "offical box scores" should probably be taken with a grain of salt then. No wonder those numbers are always on the low side.
KISSRevenge244
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by KISSRevenge244 »

Just to confirm— Def Leppard at 8:00, KISS at 9:45?
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

KISSRevenge244 wrote:Just to confirm— Def Leppard at 8:00, KISS at 9:45?
That's the game.
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

Nicole Ferreira ‏@NicoleF95751402 8h
@PaulStanleyLive I'll be there w/ my hubby! Our 13x. Can't wait! Best night of the year :) My homage to Starchild :) pic.twitter.com/GeWPdoGw6c
Details Reply Retweet Favorite More
c1971ace
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by c1971ace »

Just upgraded my $20 lawn seat to sec 3 about 17 rows to right of stage for $20
Smekaren

Post by Smekaren »

c1971ace wrote:Just upgraded my $20 lawn seat to sec 3 about 17 rows to right of stage for $20
Good deal. 8)
anomoly2
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by anomoly2 »

Scanned in 9,000 so far ... Stull doing strong walk up

Leppard is on..Love Bites

leppard sounds great
Last edited by anomoly2 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
c1971ace
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by c1971ace »

anomoly2 wrote:Scanned in 9,000 so far ... Stull doing strong walk up

Leppard is on..Bringing on the Heartbreak

leppard sounds great
They do indeed!
Smekaren

Post by Smekaren »

Leppard is on..Bringing on the Heartbreak

leppard sounds great
Keep us posted 8)
anomoly2
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by anomoly2 »

Just sang Happy Birthday to Joe 55
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Leppard is on..Love Bites

leppard sounds great
Have fun brother!
c1971ace
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by c1971ace »

Rocket!!!!!
anomoly2
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by anomoly2 »

Leppard just closed set. Crowd was really into them.

place is packed.
13marcello

Post by 13marcello »

anomoly2 wrote:Leppard just closed set. Crowd was really into them.

place is packed.
Enjoy yourself !!