Prattish Pontificator

7/18/14 - Atlanta, GA

Post by Admin »

Atlanta, GA
Aaron's Amphitheater at Lakewood
Promoter: Live Nation
Other act(s) Def Leppard, Kobra and the Lotus
Reported audience: TBD / 19,000 (MAX)

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the setlist, report live from the show!

Setlist will be archived HERE
Ford GT-2
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: 7/18/14 - Atlanta, GA

Post by Ford GT-2 »

Scored tickets from a local radio station today so I'm going.
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

Ford GT-2 wrote:Scored tickets from a local radio station today so I'm going.
Niiice. Enjoy! 8) :twisted:
Deleted User 7102

Post by Deleted User 7102 »

HOTLANTA! What's up people??? I was at "The Tour" show at AAL. I was going to hit this gig, this tour, but just couldn't pass up Denver, right here in my back yard... not to mention indoor and air conditioned. There's a fond place in my heart for the ATL. That Motley/KISS show was flippin off the hook! I flew in and stayed at CNN Center - this was right after that nutbag shot up the Colorado movie theatre. Holy Cripe that was an amazing evening. Rock and Roll if you're going..........You will _not_ be disappointed
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

ITS MY BIRTHDAY ON JULY 18TH! I wont be here to gather info and pics ...SOMEONE KICK ASS ! Have fun guys!!
ImageImageImage
asamphord
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by asamphord »

I'm in row VV! For Vinnie Vincent! going with a friend who is taking his 8 year old son to his first rock show. so that will be fun!

this will be my 27th KISS show.

2 KISS shows in 3 days and then I get to watch one streaming the next day?

this is a good week!
Ford GT-2

Post by Ford GT-2 »

I'm in the lawn section, which is usually what you get when you win tickets. Hopefully this show will help erase the memory of the 2004 show at Lakewood.
3RDSON
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by 3RDSON »

Long time reader, first time poster...just couldn't pass up the chance to say "I will be there" tomorrow night in the ATL.
Lookin' forward to the show!
asamphord

Post by asamphord »

Ford GT-2 wrote:I'm in the lawn section, which is usually what you get when you win tickets. Hopefully this show will help erase the memory of the 2004 show at Lakewood.
what happened to you at the 2004 show??
Strutter67

Post by Strutter67 »

MONSTER Magnet wrote:ITS MY BIRTHDAY ON JULY 18TH! I wont be here to gather info and pics ...SOMEONE KICK ASS ! Have fun guys!!
ImageImageImage

Happy Birthday!!!
Last edited by Strutter67 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

About a hundred seats left and the 4fer lawn deal no longer available, Atlanta is selling better than usual.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

kissthat wrote:About a hundred seats left and the 4fer lawn deal no longer available, Atlanta is selling better than usual.
With the lawn being light blue, that means there ain't much of general admission tickets left either.

This is gonna be another sell out...same for Charlotte.

Go KISS! :D
cwr18

Post by cwr18 »

nibbler1982 wrote:
kissthat wrote:About a hundred seats left and the 4fer lawn deal no longer available, Atlanta is selling better than usual.
With the lawn being light blue, that means there ain't much of general admission tickets left either.

This is gonna be another sell out...same for Charlotte.

Go KISS! :D
"Soft Tickets."

:mrgreen:
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

Ford GT-2

Post by Ford GT-2 »

asamphord wrote:
Ford GT-2 wrote:I'm in the lawn section, which is usually what you get when you win tickets. Hopefully this show will help erase the memory of the 2004 show at Lakewood.
what happened to you at the 2004 show??
I've posted this before but I thought Kiss was awful that night. They seemed to just be going through the motions. Poison was much better. That was the second time I left a concert early and disappointed. Until recently I no longer had an interest in seeing Kiss live. But I wanted to go this time so I tried for a week and a half to win tickets. Now I can't wait for tonight. Just hope it doesn't rain!
asamphord

Post by asamphord »

all you people out on the lawn.... bring a poncho!!
AJ
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by AJ »

Meet and Greet pre-show right now

kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

AJ
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by AJ »

It's Friday night. A lot of people probably don't have to go to work tomorrow. This show probably will sell out.
13marcello

Post by 13marcello »

MONSTER Magnet wrote:ITS MY BIRTHDAY ON JULY 18TH! I wont be here to gather info and pics ...SOMEONE KICK ASS ! Have fun guys!!
ImageImageImage
Happy Birthday!
Tommyr
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tommyr »

ImageImageImage
Happy Birthday!
asamphord

Post by asamphord »

great show, place was packed, never seen that many people at Lakewood for a KISS show before. band was good, seemed to have a bit more energy than the Nashville show, sound guy had some issues first couple of songs, but that doesn't surprise me, Lakewood sounds like ass, probably pretty tough to get it dialed in just right, something happened to Gene's bass on God Of Thunder, I don't know if he knocked it out of tune during his solo or what, but he was WAY out of tune, and he knew it, and was trying to find the right notes to play, and ended up playing a pretty interesting version of God Of Thunder on the bass, other than that, they were tight and they were on it, no tempo issues from Eric tonite that I noticed.

anyhow, a great time as always, my buddy's 8-year old had a blast, my buddy took tons of pictures, i'll have those soon, recording will be up at the usual places in a couple of hours.
Ford GT-2

Post by Ford GT-2 »

SO much better from Kiss this time. Unlike 2004 I didn't leave the show disappointed in Kiss. Def Leppard was just as good and pretty much everyone stayed for both acts. I did one ass say "I ain't hanging around for Kiss" or something along those lines. Well you gave them your money too so your loss. :lol: By the time we get in the lawn section was pretty much packed so we were stuck on the right side. Traffic was awful getting in. Only other complaint I have is the merchandise prices but all bands asks too much for merch these days. I wasn't going to by anything at all but got a keychain.

Cool side story. The radio station I won the tickets from had my Kiss 40 there to pickup and the promo guy also gave me a blu-ray of GnR's Appetite For Democracy!
gshaller
A really important Kiss fan!
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by gshaller »

asamphord wrote:great show, place was packed, never seen that many people at Lakewood for a KISS show before. band was good, seemed to have a bit more energy than the Nashville show, sound guy had some issues first couple of songs, but that doesn't surprise me, Lakewood sounds like ass, probably pretty tough to get it dialed in just right, something happened to Gene's bass on God Of Thunder, I don't know if he knocked it out of tune during his solo or what, but he was WAY out of tune, and he knew it, and was trying to find the right notes to play, and ended up playing a pretty interesting version of God Of Thunder on the bass, other than that, they were tight and they were on it, no tempo issues from Eric tonite that I noticed.

anyhow, a great time as always, my buddy's 8-year old had a blast, my buddy took tons of pictures, i'll have those soon, recording will be up at the usual places in a couple of hours.
Thanks, bro.
Not taken for granted!
weldon82
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by weldon82 »

I guess the set list has remained the same ?? If so I wonder why it has become stagnant again ?
mikeenc

Post by mikeenc »

weldon82 wrote:I guess the set list has remained the same ?? If so I wonder why it has become stagnant again ?
It's typical for them to find something that works and stick with it...I expect they'll toss a few different things in here and there, but they were also probably trying to tighten up the set for the broadcast tonight...as long as Christine 16 stays out, I'm happy.
weldon82
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by weldon82 »

mikeenc wrote:
weldon82 wrote:I guess the set list has remained the same ?? If so I wonder why it has become stagnant again ?
It's typical for them to find something that works and stick with it...I expect they'll toss a few different things in here and there, but they were also probably trying to tighten up the set for the broadcast tonight...as long as Christine 16 stays out, I'm happy.
Ya not a fan of that song any more either. I liked it when I was in High School lol Kinda creepy now. I was really hoping for some more 80's this tour. They have relied to heavily on the 70's tunes for a long time now. The live stream tonight should be killer...hope Paul's voice hangs in there. When they played at March Madness a year or two ago his voice kept giving out...it was brutal. He's sounding good this tour though. I'll be watching tonight.
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

Someone enjoyed the concert:

Slash @Slash · 8h

Just caught a killer @KissOnline @Def_Leppard gig in Atlanta. Looking forward to jamming here with @Aerosmith Aug 28th! iiij]; )'
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

savage_dreams

Post by savage_dreams »

kissjrj wrote:Someone enjoyed the concert:

Slash @Slash · 8h

Just caught a killer @KissOnline @Def_Leppard gig in Atlanta. Looking forward to jamming here with @Aerosmith Aug 28th! iiij]; )'
along with andrew lincoln and norman reedus from the walking dead

from kiss facebook,

of course they fail to mention seeing Dr Killdrums of Savatage there though :evil: wheres the respect man!?! ;)
Ford GT-2

Post by Ford GT-2 »

kissthat wrote:Image
It was nice to see that the majority were there for both bands. If anyone left after Def Leppard it was a VERY small amount of people. I did hear one person say there were leaving (see ya then :lol: ). More left early to beat traffic and even then that wasn't a mass exit either. Majority stayed til the end.

Now I hope I do win the grand prize from the radio station and see them again in Houston.
AJ
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by AJ »

More pics from the Atlanta show here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 024&type=3
TheSphinx
Banned

Post by TheSphinx »

3RDSON
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by 3RDSON »

One of my little KISS fans rocking in Atlanta!
Her first show and she scored 3 picks.
Attachments
133.JPG