7/15/14 - Cincinnati, OH

j_rod24
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Re: 7/15/14 - Cincinnati, OH

Post by j_rod24 »

KISSman24 wrote:Were there any changes in the setlist?

I hope not. The show they've been doing the last couple shows is the one I wanna see tomorrow night.
jbromusic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by jbromusic »

one of my friends in cinci just posted this pic of FB

[URL=http://s41.photobucket.com/user/jb ... .jpg[/img][/url]
j_rod24
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by j_rod24 »

same set as last few shows since God of Thunder got added.
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

Namrag wrote:My daughter and the 2 picks Paul threw to her during Love Gun. We were right at his mini-stage.

I saw her and you!!! It was great tonight NR. Absolutely awesome. I couldn't stop smiling when Paul hit the high notes on Hide Your Heart. I was holding my breath. I love how we get a song from 89 back in the set. The last time I heard it live was in Chicago in 2006 for the taping of One Live Kiss on Paul's solo tour in support of Live to Win. I had on my Revenge T shirt. The white one with red lettering.

I get to go one more time on this tour. Kiss never ceases to fill my with joy. All four guys were on fire tonight. The 1984 ending version of Black Diamond has always been my favorite version of the song.

No matter who you are, don't miss it if you can help it. The band is tight. 8)
treebeardicus
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by treebeardicus »

An awesome time at tonight's show! Wish that the truss could have been included and that Gene could have done the flying act, but safety is key and it simply would have been too big a risk in such a tight space (that's what she said?).

I haven't been to a KISS show since the Farewell Tour (at the ripe old age of 14), and I was afraid of tainting that experience by seeing a different version of KISS. These tickets were a wedding present from my lovely wife, and I'm glad we went. This show was great. Hell, maybe if they tour again I can see them then.

There was a point early in the show when Gene nearly hit the deck. He was on the rising platform on his side of the stage, and his boot hit something. He was able to keep from falling, which is good because he might have gotten hurt. Once he got his balance, a tech got an earful from him. That same tech ended up taking one of the stage monitors out--I guess it was crowding the path--and putting some florescent tape around the back edge of the platform. I'm assuming that there was a slight height difference between that platform and the level behind that, and the lack of tape made it difficult for the Demon to see that.

My wife was able to snap some good pictures with her camera--will post when able.
Namrag
Banned

Post by Namrag »

Forevertj wrote:
Namrag wrote:My daughter and the 2 picks Paul threw to her during Love Gun. We were right at his mini-stage.

I saw her and you!!! It was great tonight NR. Absolutely awesome. I couldn't stop smiling when Paul hit the high notes on Hide Your Heart. I was holding my breath. I love how we get a song from 89 back in the set. The last time I heard it live was in Chicago in 2006 for the taping of One Live Kiss on Paul's solo tour in support of Live to Win. I had on my Revenge T shirt. The white one with red lettering.

I get to go one more time on this tour. Kiss never ceases to fill my with joy. All four guys were on fire tonight. The 1984 ending version of Black Diamond has always been my favorite version of the song.

No matter who you are, don't miss it if you can help it. The band is tight. 8)
Oh man it would have been nice to say Hi if we had known.

I honestly thought that Paul sounded very good. He hit some really strong high notes during LIU. As others are saying, part his voice improving, part him learning better control of what his limitations are.

Dude I was at One Live Kiss in Chicago too!

Yes, that ending for BD is awesome.

They were great tonight. Very tight.

I thought ES looked great tonight as well. Either his hair looks a little longer, or he has lost some weight in his face, or both.

I am so stoked now, I might buy tickets to Noblesville AND Las Vegas while my wife is still asleep!

I got home at 12:45, have to get up for work at 0500hrs, and am just waiting for the melatonin to kick in....
jconnors
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by jconnors »

I miss the days when Kiss played Dayton, Toledo, and Columbus. Those days are gone.
j_rod24
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by j_rod24 »

Forevertj wrote:The 1984 ending version of Black Diamond has always been my favorite version of the song.
the earliest I remember them doing that ending was during 1982-3 Creatures tour if memory serves me correctly.
Namrag
Banned

Post by Namrag »

These are all from my iPhone, so please excuse the quality.
Attachments
KISSmas in July!
KISSmas in July!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

j_rod24 wrote:
Forevertj wrote:The 1984 ending version of Black Diamond has always been my favorite version of the song.
the earliest I remember them doing that ending was during 1982-3 Creatures tour if memory serves me correctly.

Really? I will see if I can find that. Thank you. 8)
mikeenc
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by mikeenc »

Forevertj wrote:
j_rod24 wrote:

Really? I will see if I can find that. Thank you. 8)
Rio 83 has it
Wildwood75

Post by Wildwood75 »

Awesome! I am sure it was a night she'll and you will never forget!
frwlbrng
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by frwlbrng »

j_rod24 wrote:
The coda at the end of Black Diamond was introduced at the Rio show in June 1983 - written by Vinnie Vincent during the break after the Creatures tour (early Lick It Up sessions - May 1983), it was never played at any shows in America/Canada. There are over 20 audio recordings from that tour, including the very last show in San Francisco, and they never played it until the South American leg of the tour. Previously, they got on the tank and simply played chords as the tank exploded the speakers above the stage.

Going forward, KISS played Black Diamond with Vinnie's coda on the subsequent tours until the Crazy Nights world tour in 1988, when they completely eliminated the end solo and coda - same as during the Hot In The Shade tour. KISS reintroduced the coda (to the great delight of the crowd) at Blazefest in Villa Park, Illinois in 1994 for Eric Singer's live vocal debut. (I WAS THERE!) They dropped it during the Reunion and kept it that way until the last tour.

Hope this helps! :)
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

Great hair. Tommy says 13,000 attended.

OHKISSFAN

Post by OHKISSFAN »

Some great pix & reviews - thanks guys!!!
j_rod24
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by j_rod24 »

frwlbrng wrote:
j_rod24 wrote:
The coda at the end of Black Diamond was introduced at the Rio show in June 1983 - written by Vinnie Vincent during the break after the Creatures tour (early Lick It Up sessions - May 1983), it was never played at any shows in America/Canada. There are over 20 audio recordings from that tour, including the very last show in San Francisco, and they never played it until the South American leg of the tour. Previously, they got on the tank and simply played chords as the tank exploded the speakers above the stage.

Going forward, KISS played Black Diamond with Vinnie's coda on the subsequent tours until the Crazy Nights world tour in 1988, when they completely eliminated the end solo and coda - same as during the Hot In The Shade tour. KISS reintroduced the coda (to the great delight of the crowd) at Blazefest in Villa Park, Illinois in 1994 for Eric Singer's live vocal debut. (I WAS THERE!) They dropped it during the Reunion and kept it that way until the last tour.

Well....

Look at you. That's impressive.
KISSTRONAUT
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

Thanks for the pics and info.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

KISS are playing great this year. I hate Riverbend, would've been nice to see the actual stage show but I think I called that. Paul sounded better than in 2012 IMHO.
Ikons

Post by Ikons »

Namrag wrote:These are all from my iPhone, so please excuse the quality.
I don't care what people say, the spider looks awesome head-on.
AJ
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by AJ »

I didn't go to this show, but I have been following every show online and on Youtube. I have to say from what I've seen, it looked like KISS gave it a little more last night in Cincinnati, OH. Seemed like they were more into it and Paul sounded good. I even noticed Gene smiling more at this show.
Uncle Joe
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Uncle Joe »

thank you nibbler1982--very interesting read.
Though it bums me out to think Dayton and Cincy fans are stuck with this venue.
It sounds like its riverbend or nothing a all...

Great pics from the show last night.
It would bum me out that you cant see the demon fly due to the venue.

I miss concerts @ Hara Arena too.
Picks-N-Sticks

Post by Picks-N-Sticks »

Same exact set list as Dallas, I believe in the exact same order as well.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Uncle Joe wrote:thank you nibbler1982--very interesting read.
Though it bums me out to think Dayton and Cincy fans are stuck with this venue.
It sounds like its riverbend or nothing a all...

Great pics from the show last night.
It would bum me out that you cant see the demon fly due to the venue.

I miss concerts @ Hara Arena too.
Have some cool Hara stories from the GA floor. Love that place.
MrSnackwell

Post by MrSnackwell »

j_rod24 wrote:
frwlbrng wrote:
j_rod24 wrote:

Well....

Look at you. That's impressive.
A guy I met at the 1983 Sam Goody in-store in NYC called that coda the "Two Tickets to Paradise" ending. ;)
AJ
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by AJ »

Pics from this show with more to come soon

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 024&type=3
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

AJ wrote:Pics from this show with more to come soon

How many of those did you steal from the Cincinnati Enquirer :lol:?
AJ
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by AJ »

Tymaster wrote:
AJ wrote:Pics from this show with more to come soon

How many of those did you steal from the Cincinnati Enquirer :lol:?

Not my page, so I have no ideal where the pics come from. I just know this page seems to be documenting every show on this tour with tons of pics.
bigflashfam
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by bigflashfam »

Great show! Thought Paul's voice sounded great and they played well. Loved Gene singing wrong verse at the beginning of War Machine. Paul just shook his head. Awesome. Not as bad as Anaheim 2000 but still funny. Yes the big pillars on the lawn block a lot of the view but there are still some good spots on the lawn to be found. Looking forward to Indy 8/22.