7/9/14 - Phoenix, AZ

User avatar
kissthat
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 19023
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Waterloo, SC

Re: 7/9/14 - Phoenix, AZ

Post by kissthat »

Image
User avatar
Star Struck78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1590
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:20 am
Location: Peoria, AZ

Re: 7/9/14 - Phoenix, AZ

Post by Star Struck78 »

FlamingRuth wrote:
j_rod24 wrote:I'll never in my life understand why anyone wants to bitch or moan about a set list. So what... you know what songs they're gonna play. They have roughly 6-8 songs they HAVE to play and the rest is picked from a group of 10-15 they've been playing since Tommy and Eric joined. It's not like they're gonna dig up "Mainline", "Naked City", "or "Heart of Chrome".

Just enjoy that they're still alive and able to put on a show. Hell, most people are having medical problems by the time they're in their mid 60s.

Amen!
Had a GREAT time at the show last night and thought I'd died and gone to heaven when they shot out those streamers along with the opening chords of Psycho Circus!!

I DO recall seeing the little girl in Eric Carr's makeup and I'm kicking myself now for not coming over and saying hello!

Did any of you folks see the guy in the Gene makeup and big red cape? I see that guy at every Kiss show in Phoenix and God Bless him--he goes all out with the costume, no matter how freakishly high the temperature is. There's dedication for ya.

I hope you all had as much fun as I did.
(And yes, it'll ALWAYS be Desert Sky, no matter how hard they try to change the name to Cricket -Home -Store-Ashley-Ak-Chin Casino or whatever else they're calling it now :D )
Yep! You should have came over and said Hi to my daughter. Everyone loved her.She did the makeup herself.
cbv20
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3666
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:00 pm

Re: 7/9/14 - Phoenix, AZ

Post by cbv20 »

thewhip wrote:
j_rod24 wrote:I'll never in my life understand why anyone wants to bitch or moan about a set list. So what... you know what songs they're gonna play. They have roughly 6-8 songs they HAVE to play and the rest is picked from a group of 10-15 they've been playing since Tommy and Eric joined. It's not like they're gonna dig up "Mainline", "Naked City", "or "Heart of Chrome".

Just enjoy that they're still alive and able to put on a show. Hell, most people are having medical problems by the time they're in their mid 60s.
They were the ones that said they were shaking it up. They haven't changed it at all in, what, 3 shows? I never said I didn't enjoy that they're alive. I don't really care what they play either. I just wonder why they would lie about shaking up the setlist.
Are you even going to a concert?
User avatar
thewhip
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5487
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:38 am
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

Re: 7/9/14 - Phoenix, AZ

Post by thewhip »

cbv20 wrote:
thewhip wrote:
j_rod24 wrote:I'll never in my life understand why anyone wants to bitch or moan about a set list. So what... you know what songs they're gonna play. They have roughly 6-8 songs they HAVE to play and the rest is picked from a group of 10-15 they've been playing since Tommy and Eric joined. It's not like they're gonna dig up "Mainline", "Naked City", "or "Heart of Chrome".

Just enjoy that they're still alive and able to put on a show. Hell, most people are having medical problems by the time they're in their mid 60s.
They were the ones that said they were shaking it up. They haven't changed it at all in, what, 3 shows? I never said I didn't enjoy that they're alive. I don't really care what they play either. I just wonder why they would lie about shaking up the setlist.
Are you even going to a concert?
Yes. Two of them. It would be nice to hear a couple of different songs at each one.
Mr. Kiss
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:37 am

Re: 7/9/14 - Phoenix, AZ

Post by Mr. Kiss »

For me, the BEST part of the show was prior to 'Shout It Out Loud' when Paul FINALLY acknowledged how proud he was for Kiss' ( more accurately, he stated "this band on stage", which is a LITTLE disingenuous, but I can forgive him... :mrgreen: ) Rock Hall induction, and YES...the crowd went NUTS! Contrary to some fans' opinions on the Hall's merits, being inducted IS a big deal within the industry. Of course, he stated how the Hall "hates" Kiss and it was the "fans" who got them in ( par for the course for Paul, but oh well... :mrgreen: ), but the reality is we simply focused attention on their continuous "snubbing" and the majority of VOTERS at the Hall agreed that Kiss were a glaring omission. But I digress ( :mrgreen: ). Be that as it may, make no mistake: his recent bellyaching press tour denouncing the Hall was simply a cheap method of P.R. to $ell more books, and unfortunately it worked. Again, I digress ( :mrgreen: )!

I can honestly say that this 30 second "banter" compensated for ALL of Paul's EMBARRASSING stage raps in the HISTORY of KISSTORY! And that's a TREMENDOUS compliment if I do say so myself ( :D ) ! As far as the show, I'm glad I went although it was pretty much same old, same old. Furthermore, I completely understand those fans who reject it though. It's an imitation of THE REAL KISS, nothing more and nothing less. Truthfully though, they sounded a LITTLE better last night than they did on 'The Tour' ( with Motley Crue) in 2012. But I don't know if that's saying much ( :| ). Typical Kiss, for better or worse. :| Good to hear from everyone who went last night! 8)
cbv20
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3666
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:00 pm

Re: 7/9/14 - Phoenix, AZ

Post by cbv20 »

thewhip wrote:
cbv20 wrote:
thewhip wrote:
j_rod24 wrote:I'll never in my life understand why anyone wants to bitch or moan about a set list. So what... you know what songs they're gonna play. They have roughly 6-8 songs they HAVE to play and the rest is picked from a group of 10-15 they've been playing since Tommy and Eric joined. It's not like they're gonna dig up "Mainline", "Naked City", "or "Heart of Chrome".

Just enjoy that they're still alive and able to put on a show. Hell, most people are having medical problems by the time they're in their mid 60s.
They were the ones that said they were shaking it up. They haven't changed it at all in, what, 3 shows? I never said I didn't enjoy that they're alive. I don't really care what they play either. I just wonder why they would lie about shaking up the setlist.
Are you even going to a concert?
Yes. Two of them. It would be nice to hear a couple of different songs at each one.
Then wait and see, you'll probably be lucky enough :P

I for one can say I was lucky to hear, Psycho Circus, Christine Sixteen, War Machine, Hide Your Heart and Hotter Than Hell all in one night.
User avatar
FlamingRuth
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4552
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:50 am

Re: 7/9/14 - Phoenix, AZ

Post by FlamingRuth »

Phoenix set list in case anyone still wants it:

Psycho Circus
Deuce
Shout it Out Loud
War machine
Hotter Than Hell
Christine Sixteen
Lick It Up
I Love it Loud
Hide Your Heart
Cold Gin
Love Gun
Black Diamond
Detroit Rock City
Rock and Roll All Nite


(God Gave Rock n Roll To You II played over the sound system after the finale. )
User avatar
Henrik
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member
Posts: 298
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 9:22 am
Location: Aabenraa, Denmark, Europe

Re: 7/9/14 - Phoenix, AZ

Post by Henrik »

Mr. Kiss wrote: Be that as it may, make no mistake: his recent bellyaching press tour denouncing the Hall was simply a cheap method of P.R. to $ell more books, and unfortunately it worked. Again, I digress ( :mrgreen: )!
This has been my point from day #1 the publishing date for the book was made public.
User avatar
J-Lefty
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2066
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:36 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: 7/9/14 - Phoenix, AZ

Post by J-Lefty »

Henrik wrote:
Mr. Kiss wrote: Be that as it may, make no mistake: his recent bellyaching press tour denouncing the Hall was simply a cheap method of P.R. to $ell more books, and unfortunately it worked. Again, I digress ( :mrgreen: )!
This has been my point from day #1 the publishing date for the book was made public.
Thought this thread was about a concert? Quit hijacking
User avatar
FlamingRuth
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4552
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:50 am

Re: 7/9/14 - Phoenix, AZ

Post by FlamingRuth »

The Arizona Republic posted this very positive review:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/entertai ... /12472017/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheSphinx
Banned
Banned
Posts: 9073
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: 7/9/14 - Phoenix, AZ

Post by TheSphinx »

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsu ... oncert.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;