Banned users thread?

Pretty much any non-KISS or music topic goes here; It's suggested that users avoid opening topics they might be offended by or not want to participate in. Ignorance can be bliss...
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Re: Banned users thread?

Post by misterhand80 »

Den Dennis wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:38 pm Gee, I wonder who "Brewer" was.
Still "is" as of this post.

Same confrontational style right from the start.
Same method of starting threads.
Same attacking of KISS members.
Pete2174
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Pete2174 »

misterhand80 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:05 am
Den Dennis wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:38 pm Gee, I wonder who "Brewer" was.
Still "is" as of this post.

Same confrontational style right from the start.
Same method of starting threads.
Same attacking of KISS members.
Appears to have gone now. No doubt to return again soon
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

Brewer
JupiterJones
Alan Rosembung
Big John's Firehouse
Whitesnake7575
Dubai Rock City

What are some of his others?
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by rwgriffith »

Those were all one person. WOW.
Den Dennis
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Den Dennis »

I wonder if he thinks "I won't be an ass-hat this time and get myself banned" when he opens a new username.... Clearly he's failing if he does!
CStomp1

Post by CStomp1 »

Den Dennis wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:48 pm I wonder if he thinks "I won't be an ass-hat this time and get myself banned" when he opens a new username.... Clearly he's failing if he does!
I think at some point getting banned, rejoining, getting banned again, on and on, became his schtick. He'll be back (and gone) again no doubt.
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by misterhand80 »

Den Dennis wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:48 pm I wonder if he thinks "I won't be an ass-hat this time and get myself banned" when he opens a new username.... Clearly he's failing if he does!
No. As 'brewer' he immediately let it be known, and then reminded others, he was previously banned. He mocked Nibbler about it. He was allowed to continue posting, but I did see his last post was mocking Paul Stanley's ear. If there were others, they could have been deleted.
Pete2174

Post by Pete2174 »

CStomp1 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:01 pm
I think at some point getting banned, rejoining, getting banned again, on and on, became his schtick. He'll be back (and gone) again no doubt.
What a sad life he must lead if that's how he (and I assume it's he) gets his thrills.
MrPaulStanley
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by MrPaulStanley »

misterhand80 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:28 pmNo. As 'brewer' he immediately let it be known, and then reminded others, he was previously banned. He mocked Nibbler about it. He was allowed to continue posting, but I did see his last post was mocking Paul Stanley's ear. If there were others, they could have been deleted.
There is an active member here who has been admonished several times for continuing to refer to Paul as "Bert", and his avatar is a pic of Bert (from Bert & Ernie) missing a right ear. I'm not sure how that is any different, mocking is mocking is it not?
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by misterhand80 »

MrPaulStanley wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:35 am
misterhand80 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:28 pmNo. As 'brewer' he immediately let it be known, and then reminded others, he was previously banned. He mocked Nibbler about it. He was allowed to continue posting, but I did see his last post was mocking Paul Stanley's ear. If there were others, they could have been deleted.
There is an active member here who has been admonished several times for continuing to refer to Paul as "Bert", and his avatar is a pic of Bert (from Bert & Ernie) missing a right ear. I'm not sure how that is any different, mocking is mocking is it not?
and the user name is mocking Gene's name along with a reference to wigs :roll:
Bruce
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Bruce »

CStomp1 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:01 pm
Right. Changing IP's puts banjumpers in control. Posting offensive comments is simply one of the perks. Control is what its all about -- over access and self-censorship. Thats what they care about. And this one is no exception.
rico
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by rico »

I just had to say that, having read a few pages of this thread, that the drama with ex-members coming and going is nearly as interesting as with the band. I am not mocking anyone but the intrigue, guile, tension and mystery is spectacular. Admin should write a book about the FAQ. I bet it would be EPIC.

PS. Hope you are feeling better soon Julien.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

These ban jumpers are just needy, that's all. They need the outlet desperately and will do anything they can to protect and preserve it to service that great need. There's nothing to romanticize about, there. Its just ... forlorn and pitiful.
Destroyer72
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by Destroyer72 »

Bruce wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:04 pm These ban jumpers are just needy, that's all. They need the outlet desperately and will do anything they can to protect and preserve it to service that great need. There's nothing to romanticize about, there. Its just ... forlorn and pitiful.
We all enjoy being here. Why can't they just be normal. Follow the rules. Be decent people. Instead of being little unrepentant psychos? Is it really that hard to just behave and do as your told?

Makes me wonder how they function at their jobs? In public? With their families? I mean we all have outbursts and disagreements. I've had a few over the years.

But I was raised to be respectful when you're in someone's home. Mr Admin allows us to be here. We can at least follow his rules.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

They're likely marginalized in their lives. They've got it rough and they feel powerless to change that. So, they log online to vent and/or fantasize that they're forceful and dominant. Its a form of escapism that acts as a sort of release valve for them. When they feel controlled online, that outlet is compromised, in their view. So they banjump and post their insanity to reassert their control. Once they have it, they might even calm down for a while, until something happens.
KissCannibal

Post by KissCannibal »

Destroyer72 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:13 am
Bruce wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:04 pm These ban jumpers are just needy, that's all. They need the outlet desperately and will do anything they can to protect and preserve it to service that great need. There's nothing to romanticize about, there. Its just ... forlorn and pitiful.
We all enjoy being here. Why can't they just be normal. Follow the rules. Be decent people. Instead of being little unrepentant psychos? Is it really that hard to just behave and do as your told?

Makes me wonder how they function at their jobs? In public? With their families? I mean we all have outbursts and disagreements. I've had a few over the years.

But I was raised to be respectful when you're in someone's home. Mr Admin allows us to be here. We can at least follow his rules.
Excellent post.
KissCannibal

Post by KissCannibal »

Bruce wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:56 am They're likely marginalized in their lives. They've got it rough and they feel powerless to change that. So, they log online to vent and/or fantasize that they're forceful and dominant. Its a form of escapism that acts as a sort of release valve for them. When they feel controlled online, that outlet is compromised, in their view. So they banjump and post their insanity to reassert their control. Once they have it, they might even calm down for a while, until something happens.
You nailed it dude. :thumleft:
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Yes, you have had a few outbursts and disagreements on forums before. You are much better now. :wink:
Destroyer72

Post by Destroyer72 »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:46 am

Yes, you have had a few outbursts and disagreements on forums before. You are much better now. :wink:

Yeah. I know I have. I was in my early 30s when I first joined KISSfaq. I'm soon to be 49. That's a long time. I'm not a kid anymore. Life happens. People change. Hopefully they mature.

You've changed too I've noticed. You're a lot more likeable.

Hey, if people can show that they can be responsible, polite, etc. Then I don't have a problem them being here. We all make mistakes and no one should be punished indefinitely over something they've done in the past. Seems like you've learned.

Others, not so much.
Destroyer72

Post by Destroyer72 »

Bruce wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:56 am They're likely marginalized in their lives. They've got it rough and they feel powerless to change that. So, they log online to vent and/or fantasize that they're forceful and dominant. Its a form of escapism that acts as a sort of release valve for them. When they feel controlled online, that outlet is compromised, in their view. So they banjump and post their insanity to reassert their control. Once they have it, they might even calm down for a while, until something happens.
That sounds about right. 🤔
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Destroyer72 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:40 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:46 am

Yeah. I know I have. I was in my early 30s when I first joined KISSfaq. I'm soon to be 49. That's a long time. I'm not a kid anymore. Life happens. People change. Hopefully they mature.

You've changed too I've noticed. You're a lot more likeable.

Hey, if people can show that they can be responsible, polite, etc. Then I don't have a problem them being here. We all make mistakes and no one should be punished indefinitely over something they've done in the past. Seems like you've learned.

Others, not so much.
I appreciate the kind words. I am sure some here would disagree with you that I have changed, but some just can't get over it. You clearly have.

Everyone deserves the chance for redemption and a clean slate in all aspects of life.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

I do think you are generalizing here a bit. Truth be told, countless people have been banned from social media and forums - only to return again to Twitter, Facebook, forums, etc. They don't all have the same story in terms of their lives or why they do the things they do.
KissCannibal

Post by KissCannibal »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:46 pm

I do think you are generalizing here a bit. Truth be told, countless people have been banned from social media and forums - only to return again to Twitter, Facebook, forums, etc. They don't all have the same story in terms of their lives or why they do the things they do.
"countless people have been banned from social media and forums"

Dumb people.
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

This is what you say every time this comes up - ''countless people do it''

But you'll never say why you do it. Why do you return over and over to places that have banned you?
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

In the Suds wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:17 pm

This is what you say every time this comes up - ''countless people do it''

But you'll never say why you do it. Why do you return over and over to places that have banned you?
Because it's true and I guess I am one of them. It's the internet full of strangers comprised of avatars and user names. I don't even think about it. If I dig the place, I will want to continue posting there.
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

I wouldn't dig a place that banned me.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

In the Suds wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:26 pm I wouldn't dig a place that banned me.
Makes no difference to me. It is the content of the forum that interests me. You belong to multiple forums where you know this happens all the time, so this is clearly not a new concept for you. I don't think anyone takes it personally at this point of the internet age.

In many cases though, social media sites and forums have gotten it wrong and banned people they shouldn't have. Even Julien has admitted that he has gotten it wrong. It happens and people get let back on. So it's not a one size fits all thing with bannings.
Chaim Wigz
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Chaim Wigz »

misterhand80 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:10 pm and the user name is mocking Gene's name along with a reference to wigs :roll:
Waaaaah 😭😭😭 please don’t call my poor Gene! Waaaaaah!

Gene Simmons told depressed people to kill themselves. Gene Simmons stated that he had ‘no doubt at all’ that Michael Jackson molested kids, yet was happy for his band to play at a tribute concert for said singer. And Paul Stanley mocks and bitches about everyone.

Neither are innocent and deserve all the jabs and mockery they get. It’s called karma. Grow up and stop crying.
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by misterhand80 »

Chaim Wigz wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:32 am
misterhand80 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:10 pm and the user name is mocking Gene's name along with a reference to wigs :roll:

Gene Simmons told depressed people to kill themselves. Gene Simmons stated that he had ‘no doubt at all’ that Michael Jackson molested kids, yet was happy for his band to play at a tribute concert for said singer. And Paul Stanley mocks and bitches about everyone.

Neither are innocent and deserve all the jabs and mockery they get. It’s called karma. Grow up and stop crying.
You seem to be the one crying here. :lol: You can plead your case to Admin.
Chaim Wigz
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Chaim Wigz »

misterhand80 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:09 am

Admin hasn’t taken issue with my username. You have. Waaaah 😭😭😭
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by misterhand80 »

Chaim Wigz wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:21 am

What happened to your avatar? It seems to be missing.

:?
Chaim Wigz
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Chaim Wigz »

misterhand80 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:49 pm

Same place yours went to I guess, snowflake. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Destroyer72

Post by Destroyer72 »

What is a mister hand? 👀
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by misterhand80 »

Chaim Wigz wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:04 pm

Snowflake? Why the need for name-calling? That's a sad turn you've taken, unfortunately.

Speaking of avatars - what does yours represent?
Chaim Wigz
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Chaim Wigz »

misterhand80 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:52 am

Snowflake? Why the need for name-calling? That's a sad turn you've taken, unfortunately.

I thought it seemed to be missing? Make your mind up, buttercup.
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by misterhand80 »

Chaim Wigz wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:54 am

Again with the name calling?

Yes, it appears I can see your avatar. What does it represent?
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

misterhand80 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:27 am

It is Bert from Sesame Street with a missing ear.

Like he has a missing nose here:

Destroyer72

Post by Destroyer72 »

Grand Classic wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:20 am

It's pretty funny tbh. People need to lighten up. 😆
Destroyer72

Post by Destroyer72 »

Lefty_1971-Hamburger-Helper-600x600-cropped.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Destroyer72 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:22 am
Grand Classic wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:20 am

It's pretty funny tbh. People need to lighten up. 😆
Yep.
Chaim Wigz
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Chaim Wigz »

I feel that I’m now being harassed in violation of the FAQ terms of service prohibited content/usage of the board, particularly section iii): deliberately confrontational and passive aggressive behaviour..

I clearly upset you enough already without even trying, probably best you don’t ask me to explain anything.

And you’re also distressed by my username?!? Best advice I can give you, my friend, is put me on ignore. Oh, and put Alive on, crank it up, kick back and enjoy a beer. 😘
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

Destroyer72 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:22 am It's pretty funny tbh. People need to lighten up. 😆
People on the intrawebz don't get attention for laughing; they get attention for acting offended. Do you think they'll get that dopamine fix from laughing quite as powerfully as they will from acting upset and causing trouble?
Destroyer72

Post by Destroyer72 »

LordThurisaz wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:56 pm
Destroyer72 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:22 am It's pretty funny tbh. People need to lighten up. 😆
People on the intrawebz don't get attention for laughing; they get attention for acting offended. Do you think they'll get that dopamine fix from laughing quite as powerfully as they will from acting upset and causing trouble?

That's the whole mudus operandi for much of society nowdays. Be soo offended that the other party will wilt like a flower, give in and give up without a fight.
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

Destroyer72 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:29 pm That's the whole mudus operandi for much of society nowdays. Be soo offended that the other party will wilt like a flower, give in and give up without a fight.
I'm waiting for someone to just dupe people into watching an "apology" video, only for them to tell everyone, half way through, to go fuck themselves with a rusty meat hook until they need medical intervention.
Destroyer72

Post by Destroyer72 »

LordThurisaz wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:38 pm
Destroyer72 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:29 pm That's the whole mudus operandi for much of society nowdays. Be soo offended that the other party will wilt like a flower, give in and give up without a fight.
I'm waiting for someone to just dupe people into watching an "apology" video, only for them to tell everyone, half way through, to go fuck themselves with a rusty meat hook until they need medical intervention.
Haha. I would love to see that.
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

Destroyer72 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:39 pm Haha. I would love to see that.
"Liek, you know, bullying, is like, bad and stuffs, but like, we need to bully, because like, they did the big bad, and you know, mob mentality, is like, in control."

Destroyer72

Post by Destroyer72 »

Yep, the mob rules..
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

LordThurisaz wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:56 pm
LordThurisaz wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:38 pm

Such a tough guy. Remember that time you melted down and blocked everyone for being mean to you the Vinnie Paul thread?

LordThurisaz wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:10 pm Yeah, fuck it. God forbid I express myself however I choose to regarding someone's death. I will be blocking anyone else who has an issue with what I said. Make yourself known so I can ignore you as well. KISSTRONAUT, Double Dynasty, B5Erik, Aus80, and savage_dreams all made the list. :roll:
:lol:
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by rwgriffith »

Clive Barker***The Thief Of Always
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by rwgriffith »