Banned users thread?

Pretty much any non-KISS or music topic goes here; It's suggested that users avoid opening topics they might be offended by or not want to participate in. Ignorance can be bliss...
Destroyer72
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Re: Banned users thread?

Post by Destroyer72 »

Julien wrote: ↑Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:51 am
Destroyer72 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:05 pm I don't understand why Mr Admin is getting so grumpy and irritable lately. I mean what happened to 'benevolent, well meaning and kindly dictator' vs what we have now which is.. an unhinged grouchy despot.

I kid. I kid. πŸ‘€πŸ˜‹
I'm ill, I've survived 1,000 co-workers being laid off, I'm overworked, I'm sick of fucking work-from-home, I'm sick of 4 garbage collections per week taking 2 hours at 190dB or garbage trucks screaming down the road at 0400, I'm sick of wankers revving their Harley's, and J-pop-rice-burner-exhausts, and I have two books to finish.

And I can't get home to Britain (yet).

And then I check on the board, on my own volition or following an email/call/fax ...

We certainly have a small cadre of miserable twats who are clearly having difficulty dealing with the end of KISS and/or their current circumstances, and move from bashing one member/thing to the next. They literally bash or mock EVERYTHING. It's death by a thousand cuts. Or that last word with a "n" in the middle...

Benevolence doesn't work with a fickle mob, be it a minority or not.

Thought of this song for you
Destroyer72

Post by Destroyer72 »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:09 pm
Destroyer72 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:57 am My wife hates working from home. Trying to do zoom calls and get things done via phone or email is frustrating.

Nevermind the dog barking, ins and outs. It's just frustrating.
My wife loves it. For many of the reasons I stated above. She loves that she can go take a nap if she is feeling a little burnt out. There isn't someone watching over you.

I'd love it too. The less people I have to deal with the better. Lol.
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Grand Classic »

Destroyer72 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:41 pm
Grand Classic wrote: ↑Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:09 pm
Destroyer72 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:57 am My wife hates working from home. Trying to do zoom calls and get things done via phone or email is frustrating.

Nevermind the dog barking, ins and outs. It's just frustrating.
My wife loves it. For many of the reasons I stated above. She loves that she can go take a nap if she is feeling a little burnt out. There isn't someone watching over you.

I'd love it too. The less people I have to deal with the better. Lol.
That appears to be the general feeling. People hate their co-workers or even people in general. Much prefer to be home with the people or pets they actually love.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

I like my co-workers just fine, but I value my time far more...the hour and a half-plus I save every day avoiding the to and from rush hour commute is enough to make it an absolute win! I get to sleep up until a couple minutes before I start my day and the travel time is just a huge savings...not to mention the thousands of miles a year spared on my vehicle. Covid sucks, but I'm very thankful it resulted in a change to permanently remote!

This is probably an interesting enough topic to have its own thread...
richardsimmons
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Location: California $leazy Tree-Huggin’ Kizz-luv’n RnR Ba$tard

Post by richardsimmons »

My ol lady loves working from home. I (halfway) wish like hell I had that kinda career. I Was out of work 50% of 2020. Non-consecutively.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

joma5477 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:20 pm I like my co-workers just fine, but I value my time far more...the hour and a half-plus I save every day avoiding the to and from rush hour commute is enough to make it an absolute win! I get to sleep up until a couple minutes before I start my day and the travel time is just a huge savings...not to mention the thousands of miles a year spared on my vehicle. Covid sucks, but I'm very thankful it resulted in a change to permanently remote!

This is probably an interesting enough topic to have its own thread...
Ask and you shall receive:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=142927
Tito

Post by Tito »

Destroyer72 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:18 pm
Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:24 pm To be fair - even if someone was truly just a lurker for years, they would be well aware of Nibbler's dot counting and be in a position to mock it.

Everyone who joins this place is well aware of the community here. No one is going in like some blind newbie, so there is no need to walk on eggshells like you don't know what goes on here or you don't know the players. You can jump in right away.
True. I lurked for at least a year or two before I actually joined.
I certainly "lurked" for years before I signed up. I don't even remember what made me decide to do that. Anyway, I got wrongly called out as "parody account" and returning banned member pretty much straight away.
Pete2174

Post by Pete2174 »

Mr Admin sir.
Hope all your troubles clear up soon.
Thanks for the board.
Look after yourself
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Pete2174 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:59 pm Mr Admin sir.
Thanks for the board.
Look after yourself
From me, too!
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

JupiterJones is pining for the fjords.
Jasper
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Jasper »

In the Suds wrote: ↑Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:06 am JupiterJones is pining for the fjords.
He is an ex-parrot !

Until of course the next new identity comes to light - if it hasn't already !
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

Jasper wrote: ↑Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:37 am
In the Suds wrote: ↑Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:06 am JupiterJones is pining for the fjords.
He is an ex-parrot !

Until of course the next new identity comes to light - if it hasn't already !
Oh, I'm sure there's a new one up and rocking as we speak. :)
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by redinthesky »

Bruce wrote: ↑Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:12 am
Pete2174 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:59 pm Mr Admin sir.
Thanks for the board.
Look after yourself
From me, too!
And me as well. :salut:
Den Dennis
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Den Dennis »

Jupiter Jones
"So goodbye
Is only for now
'Cause I'm comin' back
I swear it somehow"
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by misterhand80 »

Such a psychological wonder to see these things crawl back, time and time again. You gotta wonder what is so keyed into their brain that they think it's good to keep returning to a place where you have shown they do not know how to get along with others. Their only purpose appears to be to disrupt.
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

misterhand80 wrote: ↑Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:26 pm
Such a psychological wonder to see these things crawl back, time and time again. You gotta wonder what is so keyed into their brain that they think it's good to keep returning to a place where you have shown they do not know how to get along with others. Their only purpose appears to be to disrupt.
I really don't get it. If I got banned from a place it would make me not want to be there.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

That's just it: banjumper's can't be banned.
Potato Salad
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Potato Salad »

Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

A very large amount of the active posters today on the FAQ are all banned members who have returned. Even people you like now with their new names.

This is incredibly common all over the internet on social media and forums. Literally a countless amount of people and I think some people don't actually realize this.
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

Julien wrote: ↑Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:51 am I'm ill, I've survived 1,000 co-workers being laid off, I'm overworked, I'm sick of fucking work-from-home, I'm sick of 4 garbage collections per week taking 2 hours at 190dB or garbage trucks screaming down the road at 0400, I'm sick of wankers revving their Harley's, and J-pop-rice-burner-exhausts, and I have two books to finish.

And I can't get home to Britain (yet).

And then I check on the board, on my own volition or following an email/call/fax ...

We certainly have a small cadre of miserable twats who are clearly having difficulty dealing with the end of KISS and/or their current circumstances, and move from bashing one member/thing to the next. They literally bash or mock EVERYTHING. It's death by a thousand cuts. Or that last word with a "n" in the middle...

Benevolence doesn't work with a fickle mob, be it a minority or not.
I've noticed you have been grumpy lately (which I can understand with a few of the members coming across as banned previously), but wasn't aware you were dealing with all of that. I hope you get well soon and are able to get the books completed.
rscott71

Post by rscott71 »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:48 pm
A very large amount of the active posters today on the FAQ are all banned members who have returned. Even people you like now with their new names.

This is incredibly common all over the internet on social media and forums. Literally a countless amount of people and I think some people don't actually realize this.
I've told you before,,,,, quit talking out of your ass. the sooner admin pulls the ban hammer on you again, the better this place will be
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by misterhand80 »

rscott71 wrote: ↑Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:09 am

I've told you before,,,,, quit talking out of your ass. the sooner admin pulls the ban hammer on you again, the better this place will be
Quoted for truth.

Here's a question for Grand Classic.

If Julien banned Grand Classic, will Grand Classic respect Julien and not post at KISSFAQ, re-subscribe, or use a pre-existing alternate username?
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

rscott71 wrote: ↑Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:09 am

I am not. I don't know why you have such a problem with reality as everything I said above is a fact.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

misterhand80 wrote: ↑Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:36 am Quoted for truth.

If Julien banned Grand Classic, will Grand Classic respect Julien and not post at KISSFAQ, re-subscribe, or use a pre-existing alternate username?
GC can certainly fight his own battles...but I would say to his credit, he does not hide from his previous account at all. Have you ever seen any other returning user openly admit who they were and what they were banned for?
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Banjumping is the same as stealing: underhandedly granting themselves unfettered access to an experience that they are not entitled to.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Bruce wrote: ↑Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:53 am Banjumping is the same as stealing: underhandedly granting themselves unfettered access to an experience that they are not entitled to.
If they have been allowed to stay - then clearly they have permission to have access to that experience again.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

I was unaware that banjumping was an accepted practice by messaging platforms. That's ... thats interesting.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Bruce wrote: ↑Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:10 am I was unaware that banjumping was an accepted practice by messaging platforms. That's ... thats interesting.
It's case by case.
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by misterhand80 »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:16 am
Bruce wrote: ↑Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:10 am I was unaware that banjumping was an accepted practice by messaging platforms. That's ... thats interesting.
It's case by case.
Why did you return countless times?

Again:

Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

misterhand80 wrote: ↑Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:54 am
It's case by case.

Again:

It's what I have done. Like millions of others. Like many people here who you like better than me. I guess we will just have to see IF it happens since I have been here for a year now.
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by misterhand80 »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:00 am
It's case by case.

Again:

It's what I have done. Like millions of others. Like many people here who you like better than me. I guess we will just have to see IF it happens since I have been here for a year now.
You admit you have disrespected Admin. Ok.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

misterhand80 wrote: ↑Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:03 am
Grand Classic wrote: ↑Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:00 am

It's case by case.

Again:

You admit you have disrespected Admin. Ok.
So have people you like on here, but you don't call them out. That is what this is really about - you don't like me and want me gone.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

The best approach would be to do like Paul Stanley did with Synchin' Stanley on Twitter and deny all ban jumpers any semblance of their fiercely guarded anonymity. Then, you'd start seeing banjumpers showing these platforms proper respect ... pretty damn quick.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Bruce wrote: ↑Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:17 am The best approach would be to do like Paul Stanley did with Synchin' Stanley on Twitter and deny all ban jumpers any semblance of their fiercely guarded anonymity. Then, you'd start seeing banjumpers showing these platforms proper respect ... pretty damn quick.
You think Julien should stalk people in their personal lives and threaten to have them doxxed? OK.
Last edited by Grand Classic on Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

Bruce wrote: ↑Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:17 am The best approach would be to do like Paul Stanley did with Synchin' Stanley on Twitter and deny all ban jumpers any semblance of their fiercely guarded anonymity. Then, you'd start seeing banjumpers showing these platforms proper respect ... pretty damn quick.
The best approach with Syncin' Stanley would have been for Paul to ignore him. Because Paul called him out, a half a million people, or whatever Paul has for followers, now know there is such thing as Syncin' Stanley... Before that, a couple thousand people at most might have been aware.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

If there's Public Record, then that information is available for use.
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:22 am You think people should be stalked in their personal lives and threatened to be doxxed? OK.
Over tasteless / lame jokes, differences in political / social opinions, and retweets / reacts, no less. Frankly, I think people need to stop being so nosy in the lives of others. Apparently, WWE fans were in an uproar over Sasha Banks liking a tweet about something I don't care to go into. Pretty absurd. Carrie Stevens supported requirements to verify yourself as well, which I find pretty obtuse. Apparently she thinks giving Amazon your details and verifying your identity on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. is the same, which, uh... no.

I think doxxing is abhorrent, as is bullying, harassing, stalking, etc., whether online, over the phone, or in person. Not cool.
joma5477 wrote: ↑Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:23 am The best approach with Syncin' Stanley would have been for Paul to ignore him. Because Paul called him out, a half a million people, or whatever Paul has for followers, now know there is such thing as Syncin' Stanley... Before that, a couple thousand people at most might have been aware.
The Streisand Effect. Works every time, just not in the way celebrities would like.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:22 am You think Julien should stalk people in their personal lives and threaten to have them doxxed? OK.
What I think, actually, is that the Admin is completely open and honest about his identity and is providing a well-appreciated virtual fan outlet that is this superior forum. While completely anonymous banjumpers get away with causing him undue stress and harassment.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Bruce wrote: ↑Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:57 am
Grand Classic wrote: ↑Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:22 am You think Julien should stalk people in their personal lives and threaten to have them doxxed? OK.
What I think, actually, is that the Admin is completely open and honest about his identity and is providing a well-appreciated virtual fan outlet that is this superior forum. While completely anonymous banjumpers get away with causing him undue stress and harassment.
You seem to ignore the fact that he has ALLOWED people to return and given some a clean slate. It's a case by case thing.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

I'm not talking about anyone in particular. And if Admin grants clemency to posters he feels like offering it to, what is that to me? Unauthorized banjumpers remain ...
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Bruce wrote: ↑Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:08 pm I'm not talking about anyone in particular. And if Admin grants clemency to posters he feels like offering it to, what is that to me? Unauthorized banjumpers remain ...
They are millions strong. It's just part of the internet culture for better or worse.

If you have ever run a forum, you would understand that IP addresses and other info is available to an admin. They typically know when someone has returned immediately, so no one is technically unauthorized unless the admin bans the person again immediately.
KISSTRONAUT
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

Just happened to check this thread and saw where Admin has been unwell. Hoping things get better soon. I couldn’t do a fraction of what you do.
Destroyer72

Post by Destroyer72 »

I think it's pretty cool.. when you've got the same user name you started out with 14 years ago. All your posts are tallied. You've got recognizable history..

Instead of having to reboot yourself every month or so.
Mean&Dirty
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Mean&Dirty »

Destroyer72 wrote: ↑Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:38 am I think it's pretty cool.. when you've got the same user name you started out with 14 years ago. All your posts are tallied. You've got recognizable history..

Yet here you are discussing these people while no one knows who the hell you are
Destroyer72

Post by Destroyer72 »

Mean&Dirty wrote: ↑Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:33 am
Destroyer72 wrote: ↑Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:38 am I think it's pretty cool.. when you've got the same user name you started out with 14 years ago. All your posts are tallied. You've got recognizable history..

Yet here you are discussing these people while no one knows who the hell you are
Blah blah. That doesn't even make sense. Which zombie are you that keeps coming back from the dead... To a place where he's not wanted?
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

Destroyer72 wrote: ↑Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:32 pm

Blah blah. That doesn't even make sense. Which zombie are you that keeps coming back from the dead... To a place where he's not wanted?
:lol:

For the record, you know it anyways but just to say, I and many others know who ya are on the Faq, D72.
Destroyer72

Post by Destroyer72 »

redinthesky wrote: ↑Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:52 pm

For the record, you know it anyways but just to say, I and many others know who ya are on the Faq, D72.
Yep. I'm loved and hated Red. Lol
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Destroyer72 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:54 pm

If it makes you feel better - I like the new D72 over the old one. :D
Destroyer72

Post by Destroyer72 »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:32 pm
Destroyer72 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:54 pm

If it makes you feel better - I like the new D72 over the old one. :D

I like this new mansy too. Lol
Den Dennis
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Den Dennis »

Gee, I wonder who "Brewer" was.