N.American Monster #26 - Orlando, 8/16/13

nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Re: N.American Monster #26 - Orlando, 8/16/13

Post by nibbler1982 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:05 pm

Spirited wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:
That's a matter of opinion. It depends what you want to compare it to...the KISS Army 1977...1985...1992...1996...2005? I'd have no problem accepting a comment like that from you...you'd say it from a point of reference and a knowledge of the situation...and it'd be my pleasure to prove you wrong. Josh C. Cruey is throwing that statement out as a pot shot only. To leave out not so stellar attendance in other reviews and point it out in his report on, "the hottest band in the world" is telling of his motive.

Douche.

Prove me wrong. I look forward to it.
Well actually I was being funny. I would take that comment from a fellow KISS fan that's followed the band and he's seen it's peeks and valleys. When you replied to my post originally it was from a point of passion. I don't know if you're an...Originals only...Tommy has a big head...Paul should be ashamed of himself...how dare they wear Ace & Peter's makeup...VV is God...whatever kind fan you are. Your comment came from dislike for this version, but love for another. By Josh bringing up attendance selectively he's just saying, "Look at all these empty seats for big bad KISS." It was a shot at the band, if you read the article it's obvious. The "prove you wrong" wasn't a shot at you. But since it was brought up...the KISS Army is alive and well, and 40 years strong.

MrSnackwell

Post by MrSnackwell » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:27 pm

Very good show, much better than last year in Tampa. Arena was no more than 2/3 full to my eyes, if that. Highlight was indeed Out of This World, as bizarre as it feels to type that.

gshaller

Post by gshaller » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:30 pm

MrSnackwell wrote:Very good show, much better than last year in Tampa. Arena was no more than 2/3 full to my eyes, if that. Highlight was indeed Out of This World, as bizarre as it feels to type that.
Cool! Glad you had a good time!

MrSnackwell

Post by MrSnackwell » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:39 pm

gshaller wrote:
MrSnackwell wrote:Very good show, much better than last year in Tampa. Arena was no more than 2/3 full to my eyes, if that. Highlight was indeed Out of This World, as bizarre as it feels to type that.
Cool! Glad you had a good time!
It sucks that KISS always does so poorly in Orlando, because the new arena is beautiful ... and just down the road from my house. ;)

Spirited
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Location: In the Ace Avatar Bunker, planning world domination

Post by Spirited » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:45 pm

nibbler1982 wrote:
Spirited wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:
That's a matter of opinion. It depends what you want to compare it to...the KISS Army 1977...1985...1992...1996...2005? I'd have no problem accepting a comment like that from you...you'd say it from a point of reference and a knowledge of the situation...and it'd be my pleasure to prove you wrong. Josh C. Cruey is throwing that statement out as a pot shot only. To leave out not so stellar attendance in other reviews and point it out in his report on, "the hottest band in the world" is telling of his motive.

Douche.

Prove me wrong. I look forward to it.
Well actually I was being funny. I would take that comment from a fellow KISS fan that's followed the band and he's seen it's peeks and valleys. When you replied to my post originally it was from a point of passion. I don't know if you're an...Originals only...Tommy has a big head...Paul should be ashamed of himself...how dare they wear Ace & Peter's makeup...VV is God...whatever kind fan you are. Your comment came from dislike for this version, but love for another. By Josh bringing up attendance selectively he's just saying, "Look at all these empty seats for big bad KISS." It was a shot at the band, if you read the article it's obvious. The "prove you wrong" wasn't a shot at you. But since it was brought up...the KISS Army is alive and well, and 40 years strong.

Well, originals only? No, I supported most versions of KIss.
Thayer has a big head? Statements of fact are hard to e.
I am over the makeup thing, it is just silly now.
VV was a good songwriter, only in Kiss.

The army might be alive and well, but it has dwindled. There is no question, but I can appreciate your overall point.

gshaller

Post by gshaller » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:46 pm

To be fair, I don't think "the KISS Army has dwindled" is a criticism or a bash. It's dwindled on and off for 4 decades, even during periods regarded by many as the band's finest.

MrSnackwell

Post by MrSnackwell » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:01 pm

gshaller wrote:To be fair, I don't think "the KISS Army has dwindled" is a criticism or a bash.

And if I were to try to support it, I sure wouldn't use attendance figures in Orlando, where KISS has usually done poorly. I don't think they sold out here on either the reunion or farewell tours.

MrSnackwell

Post by MrSnackwell » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:10 pm

Hey, does anybody know if there was a meet-and-greet in Orlando, and if so, how many people took part? THAT might be interesting to know.

gshaller

Post by gshaller » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:11 pm

Reunion they did sell out in Orlando. Farewell they didn't.
(Thanks, Jeff and Curt!)

dursin

Post by dursin » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:19 pm

MrSnackwell wrote:Hey, does anybody know if there was a meet-and-greet in Orlando, and if so, how many people took part? THAT might be interesting to know.
A 'very large' group of people. Not sure what that means. :)
http://www.orlandopredators.com/news/-212.php

MrSnackwell

Post by MrSnackwell » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:21 pm

gshaller wrote:Reunion they did sell out in Orlando. Farewell they didn't.
(Thanks, Jeff and Curt!)
And thank YOU!

Fun fact: The Orlando date on the Farewell tour was the first one at which Peter descended from the lighting rig along with the other three guys.

gshaller

Post by gshaller » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:46 pm

NICE!

MrSnackwell

Post by MrSnackwell » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:19 pm

dursin wrote:
MrSnackwell wrote:Hey, does anybody know if there was a meet-and-greet in Orlando, and if so, how many people took part? THAT might be interesting to know.
A 'very large' group of people. Not sure what that means. :)
http://www.orlandopredators.com/news/-212.php
It means they were fat. Like that's a surprise. ;)

metallian
Banned
Banned

Post by metallian » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:57 am

[quote="MrSnackwell"]Very good show, much better than last year in Tampa. Arena was no more than 2/3 full to my eyes, if that. Highlight was indeed Out of This World, as bizarre as it feels to type that.[/quote]

"Outta This World" definitely sounds the best out of the 5 songs that they've played from "Monster". It's played and sung well and fits along with the other songs in the setlist the best.

metallian
Banned
Banned

Post by metallian » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:01 am

[quote="MrSnackwell"][quote="gshaller"]To be fair, I don't think "the KISS Army has dwindled" is a criticism or a bash. [/quote]

And if I were to try to support it, I sure wouldn't use attendance figures in Orlando, where KISS has usually done poorly. I don't think they sold out here on either the reunion or farewell tours.[/quote]

There are places in the U.S. where KISS are hit or miss: Orlando, Boston, Pacific Northwest.