N.American Monster #9 - Brandon, 7/17/13

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

N.American Monster #9 - Brandon, 7/17/13

Post by Admin »

Discussions, reviews, live-updates, meet-ups, etc!

If reporting from the show on your phone, use cut-down version of the message board at http://m.kissfaq.com/

Details:

Notes:
Shane_Penney
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: N.American Monster #9 - Brandon, 7/17/13

Post by Shane_Penney »

Probably the smallest venue on the tour. Holds just over 5,000 for hockey.
Avidfan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Avidfan »

Going tonight and tomorrow for Winnipeg.
We'll see how they cram their stage show into the Keystone center tonight, gonna be toit! :)
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

Avidfan wrote:Going tonight and tomorrow for Winnipeg.
Don't you mean "tomorrow and tonight"? 8)
KIDGEO3
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by KIDGEO3 »

We'll see how they cram their stage show into the Keystone center tonight, gonna be toit! :)
Maybe they will dust off the Spiders from Runaway and use them!!!
Vinnie75
Banned

Post by Vinnie75 »

Heard the Brandon show wasn't even sold out.

Yikes.
Last edited by Vinnie75 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black_Diamond
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: In a moonlit grocery store, hence why I'm in my werewolf form. :p

Post by Black_Diamond »

Crown Royal wrote:
Don't you mean "tomorrow and tonight"? 8)
Will they play it during the show anyway ? :P
spoon73
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by spoon73 »

No it wasn't sold out. I would say 80 percent.

It was a great show, I'm from Thunder Bay, flew in to Winnipeg and made the track to Brandon. Today back to Winnipeg for tonight's show.

The crowd was really good last night. Jammed for shinedown as well. They put one a great show for an opening band

Kiss:

Insane amount of pyro
The spider was very Kool, worked awesome no issues
Gene was perfect, sounded great
Paul, wasn't too bad,his voice was good. We will see about tonight 3rd night in a row
Tommy, looked pissed a few time, spot light was very weak on him, sometimes you could barely see him

Overall, A very good show

Some really awesome shirts with the Canadian flag on it

Tour books only $20. I was shocked
ultimix
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by ultimix »

Was there a Meet and Greet??

thanks
Mark
Avidfan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Avidfan »

We drove back to Winnipeg after the show last night as well. Pretty tired :)

Agreed on above points: pyro was excellent even though we heard it would be scaled down due to venue size, could have fooled me.
The confetti at the end was insane...especially from the 4th row on the floor, was crazy.

Gene was SUPER annoyed with people on his side who wouldn't stand up. kept going back over, making faces, the senior citizen with a walker motions, he must have gone back to that side a half dozen times.

Tommy barely left his side of the stage.

I think Paul jumped the gun when he started introing ILIL and then just blurted I LOVE IT LOUD!...Gene said into the mic, "you wanna sing it Paul?" He was super annoyed.

Paul seemed to be in good spirits...his voice was ok, especially good during Say yeah I thought. When he was talking to crowd is when he sounded bad actually.
He tried to do the falsettos during IWMFLY holy christ was that bad....they really need to drop that from the set.

War Machine was a nice surprise (I purposely avoided posts and videos of the show and setlist)

When Paul started doing Black Diamond from the stage out in the audience, he started getting fancy on the guitar (as he does) and got lost and just stopped lol

No encores, just straight into RARAN, confetti, pyro and canons and then see ya.

During one of Paul's banter he actually acknowledged "You know this isn't biggest crowds we've ever played to before" Mentioned that a few times...yikes :)

Good show, I expect a different vibe tonight at Winnipeg with a hopefully bigger crowd.

We're off the to the Tommy signing at the guitar store and then off to the show again tonight!
AusKen
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by AusKen »

Not sure why you want a bigger crowd, i prefer the smaller KISS shows, only had the chance twice in Australia, convention and KISS IN YOUR FACE, both were so much better.
redinthesky
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by redinthesky »

Avidfan wrote:We drove back to Winnipeg after the show last night as well. Pretty tired :)

Agreed on above points: pyro was excellent even though we heard it would be scaled down due to venue size, could have fooled me.
The confetti at the end was insane...especially from the 4th row on the floor, was crazy.

Gene was SUPER annoyed with people on his side who wouldn't stand up. kept going back over, making faces, the senior citizen with a walker motions, he must have gone back to that side a half dozen times.

Tommy barely left his side of the stage.

I think Paul jumped the gun when he started introing ILIL and then just blurted I LOVE IT LOUD!...Gene said into the mic, "you wanna sing it Paul?" He was super annoyed.

Paul seemed to be in good spirits...his voice was ok, especially good during Say yeah I thought. When he was talking to crowd is when he sounded bad actually.
He tried to do the falsettos during IWMFLY holy christ was that bad....they really need to drop that from the set.

War Machine was a nice surprise (I purposely avoided posts and videos of the show and setlist)

When Paul started doing Black Diamond from the stage out in the audience, he started getting fancy on the guitar (as he does) and got lost and just stopped lol

No encores, just straight into RARAN, confetti, pyro and canons and then see ya.

During one of Paul's banter he actually acknowledged "You know this isn't biggest crowds we've ever played to before" Mentioned that a few times...yikes :)

Good show, I expect a different vibe tonight at Winnipeg with a hopefully bigger crowd.

We're off the to the Tommy signing at the guitar store and then off to the show again tonight!
Thanks for the review, some very interesting tidbits in there.

Paul probably hasn't said that about crowd size since the Lick It Up tour? I always thought that was a no-no, just play.

Sounds like Gene was annoyed at the crowd size, and the crowd...but these guys should know the whole "new Kiss generation of fans" thing is simply not true. Some scattered kids are dragged there by their parents but kids are not finding Kiss (though some teens wear the retro shirts to be in style).

No encores? Very uncool. You aren't supposed to not play for those who didn't show up. You are supposed to play for those who showed up.

Thanks for the review, glad you had a good time, hope tonight's fans do as well.
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Hey Red, they played the same setlist, just didn't leave the stage. They've been doing it for several shows now.
I'm sure Paul has said it to every venue that they've played holding less than 5,000 people.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

Paul said it in 2009 when I saw them.
Evo999

Post by Evo999 »

He also said it in 2004 , i think the Concord show.