N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

User avatar
Admin
Play some music, PLEASE!
Posts: 12973
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:53 pm
Contact:

N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by Admin » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:30 am

Discussions, reviews, live-updates, meet-ups, etc!

If reporting from the show on your phone, use cut-down version of the message board at http://m.kissfaq.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Details:

Notes:

Great Scott
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:27 pm
Location: Canada

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by Great Scott » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:05 am

My little girl just poked her head into my room, grinning from ear to ear. "Daddy...it's KISS day!"

User avatar
Shane_Penney
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6233
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by Shane_Penney » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:03 pm

Enjoy!

scottkfan1
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3163
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:21 am

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by scottkfan1 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Great Scott wrote:My little girl just poked her head into my room, grinning from ear to ear. "Daddy...it's KISS day!"
That is what its all about..have fun :D

User avatar
kissthat
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 18212
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Waterloo, SC

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by kissthat » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:06 am

Image

KISS and the Lethbridge KISS Army at the packed Enmax Centre last night!


DOOMED , I tell ya, just DOOMED.

Image

User avatar
kissno1
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:56 am

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by kissno1 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:15 am

Exactly! They are so doomed!! That sold out crowd really cares about all the doom & gloom that people put on a discussion board.

kenn.ace
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3375
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by kenn.ace » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:50 am

kissthat wrote:Image

KISS and the Lethbridge KISS Army at the packed Enmax Centre last night!


DOOMED , I tell ya, just DOOMED.

Image
They filled a 5000 seat building after the Calgary show was cancelled. Awesome!

User avatar
kissthat
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 18212
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Waterloo, SC

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by kissthat » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:22 pm

kenn.ace wrote:
kissthat wrote:Image

KISS and the Lethbridge KISS Army at the packed Enmax Centre last night!


DOOMED , I tell ya, just DOOMED.

Image
They filled a 5000 seat building after the Calgary show was cancelled. Awesome!
Wasn't Calgary canceled because of flooding? God bless those in Calgary that have been affected by the flooding and I hope they recover soon.

But a pissy whiner like you would have people believe it was because of sales, yet Calgary was all but sold out before it's cancelation. Move along, pissers like you are just laughable now.Contribute nothing to the board and whine about everything.

User avatar
Shane_Penney
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6233
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by Shane_Penney » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:42 pm

kissthat wrote:
kenn.ace wrote:
kissthat wrote:Image

KISS and the Lethbridge KISS Army at the packed Enmax Centre last night!


DOOMED , I tell ya, just DOOMED.

Image
They filled a 5000 seat building after the Calgary show was cancelled. Awesome!
Wasn't Calgary canceled because of flooding? God bless those in Calgary that have been affected by the flooding and I hope they recover soon.

But a pissy whiner like you would have people believe it was because of sales, yet Calgary was all but sold out before it's cancelation. Move along, pissers like you are just laughable now.Contribute nothing to the board and whine about everything.
Some people try too hard. Occasionally it reminds me of the old tts.com. It seemed like they would actually have competitions there.

User avatar
Shane_Penney
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6233
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by Shane_Penney » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:42 pm

kissthat wrote:Image

KISS and the Lethbridge KISS Army at the packed Enmax Centre last night!


DOOMED , I tell ya, just DOOMED.

Image
STOP MOCKING ACE AND PETER!

:lol:

User avatar
Shane_Penney
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6233
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by Shane_Penney » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:47 pm

kissthat wrote:
kenn.ace wrote:
kissthat wrote:Image

KISS and the Lethbridge KISS Army at the packed Enmax Centre last night!


DOOMED , I tell ya, just DOOMED.

Image
They filled a 5000 seat building after the Calgary show was cancelled. Awesome!
Wasn't Calgary canceled because of flooding? God bless those in Calgary that have been affected by the flooding and I hope they recover soon.

But a pissy whiner like you would have people believe it was because of sales, yet Calgary was all but sold out before it's cancelation. Move along, pissers like you are just laughable now.Contribute nothing to the board and whine about everything.
It's all a part of the continuing myth. We've talked about this before. Some people will cling on to Vancouver's attendance, make up a reason for the Calgary cancellation, and say that it was a casino tour (when they aren't playing any casinos in Canada at all). The sellouts will turn into a quarter filled arenas, and people will claim that ticket prices are slashed. It's all falling into place. Repeat it enough, and you'll believe it.

...and STOP MOCKING ACE AND PETER! :)

User avatar
Crown Royal
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12139
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Michigan

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by Crown Royal » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:18 pm

Also remember, with casinos it is a damning thing when KISS plays one, but when Cooper or Leppard play them it shows how great they are, and how awesome it is they can be so intimate with their fans.

Anomaly
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 22729
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by Anomaly » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:28 pm

Crown Royal wrote:Also remember, with casinos it is a damning thing when KISS plays one, but when Cooper or Leppard play them it shows how great they are, and how awesome it is they can be so intimate with their fans.
Consider that KISS as a touring act are larger than both Leppard and Cooper though. Leppard can't draw shit, Cooper never really could in recent history.

Was that the highest Spidey got from what we're seeing in that pic?

User avatar
metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13599
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Rockin in the USA

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by metaldad » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:34 pm

Crown Royal wrote:Also remember, with casinos it is a damning thing when KISS plays one, but when Cooper or Leppard play them it shows how great they are, and how awesome it is they can be so intimate with their fans.
Pretty simple . Alice is a theater band and does not talk out of his ass saying they are a Stadium band , like Gene does. Me personally ? I prefer small places to arenas , it's just fun to burst the bubble of the sheep around here that think Kiss is a Massive band. I wish all my Fav bands played theaters and casinos , it's a lot more fun

User avatar
Crown Royal
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12139
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Michigan

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by Crown Royal » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:14 pm

Pretty simple . Alice is a theater band and does not talk out of his ass saying they are a Stadium band


He is a theater band now, but he was a stadium band just like KISS at one time. The truth is KISS is able to draw better on their own than Alice can today. Granted, when Gene says things like "we're playing stadiums" we all know the truth is they do play occasional stadiums, sometimes as the headliner, most times as the top of the bill of a multi-night festival. We also know they are going to be stadiums in Europe or Australia, where the band draws bigger audiences now than in North America. But, none of this negates the fact KISS do play stadiums.

Is Gene correct? Yes, in a general sense. Of course the devil is in the details.
Me personally ? I prefer small places to arenas
Same here. When I was younger I loved the crowds of huge arena shows, not so much anymore. Being from a small town, most shows I see anymore are at a casino theater, and I really enjoy seeing some of my favorite bands in such an atmosphere. But none of this negates the fact KISS were widely criticized in here for the few casino shows they played (even when one of the shows in 2007 was outside a casino to 9,000+ people). Yet many of the same people that ridiculed KISS for playing a few casinos are either silent when other bands are shown to play casinos, and much more often than KISS; or worse, they engage in some double-standard that basically claims KISS playing a casino is dead-set proof their career is done, while ( Leppard, Cooper, Motley, insert many band names here) playing a casino is proof those bands still are giving the fans what they want, and are still a viable entertainment option.

Take a look at some of Leppard's or the Crue's recent concert venues. If those itineraries were KISS', some people here would be falling over themselves in indignation and howls of laughter.

KISS headlines Rockfest in Cadott, Wisconsin, and some people point with laughter: "Ha! Look at KISS, now playing a farm field in Wisconsin!" Cooper plays fifth on a six-band bill at Cadott, Wisconsin, and these same people fall to their knees to worship the mighty Alice, who just "headlined Rockfest!"

Amazing double-standard.

it's just fun to burst the bubble of the sheep around here that think Kiss is a Massive band
I've not once seen anyone post that KISS is a "massive band", but that certainly does not mean it has not happened. If you have a link to someone saying that, please show me, I'd like to tell whomever wrote that to get a reality check. KISS is a classic rock band that draws relatively well today, and compared to many of their colleagues from the 70s, they draw exceptionally well.

If you took the top-25 drawing bands of today who are in the same category as KISS (Foreigner, Styx, Journey, Ted, Cooper, etc, etc, etc), and who came from the 70s and early-80s, you would see KISS in the top-5. That's a popular classic rock band.
I wish all my Fav bands played theaters and casinos , it's a lot more fun
Agreed.

User avatar
Evo999
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6192
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:26 pm

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by Evo999 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:24 pm

kenn.ace wrote:
kissthat wrote:Image

KISS and the Lethbridge KISS Army at the packed Enmax Centre last night!


DOOMED , I tell ya, just DOOMED.

Image
They filled a 5000 seat building after the Calgary show was cancelled. Awesome!

The Calgary show was SOLD OUT before it got cancelled because of the flood, Einstein. Pathetic.

User avatar
Evo999
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6192
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:26 pm

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by Evo999 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:27 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:Also remember, with casinos it is a damning thing when KISS plays one, but when Cooper or Leppard play them it shows how great they are, and how awesome it is they can be so intimate with their fans.
Consider that KISS as a touring act are larger than both Leppard and Cooper though. Leppard can't draw shit, Cooper never really could in recent history.

Was that the highest Spidey got from what we're seeing in that pic?
Might be all it can do in small arenas?

kenn.ace
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3375
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by kenn.ace » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:54 pm

Evo999 wrote:
kenn.ace wrote:
kissthat wrote:Image

KISS and the Lethbridge KISS Army at the packed Enmax Centre last night!


DOOMED , I tell ya, just DOOMED.

Image
They filled a 5000 seat building after the Calgary show was cancelled. Awesome!

The Calgary show was SOLD OUT before it got cancelled because of the flood, Einstein. Pathetic.
Maybe read my post again. I said the only reason Lethbridge sold out is because Calgary was cancelled. I, just for the heck of it, checked on seats for Lethbridge a few days before the official cancellation of Calgary, and I could get seats anywhere in the building including the floor. There was nothing sold for Lethbridge. So the sell out in Lethbridge after Calgary was cancelled in no way is an indication that KISS is JUST DOOMED because it sold out.

Anomaly
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 22729
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by Anomaly » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Evo999 wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:Also remember, with casinos it is a damning thing when KISS plays one, but when Cooper or Leppard play them it shows how great they are, and how awesome it is they can be so intimate with their fans.
Consider that KISS as a touring act are larger than both Leppard and Cooper though. Leppard can't draw shit, Cooper never really could in recent history.

Was that the highest Spidey got from what we're seeing in that pic?
Might be all it can do in small arenas?
Makes me wonder what the view is like from the upper sections then. If the view is obscured by Spidey's legs then I say just bring the lighting rig to the larger arenas.

User avatar
Shane_Penney
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6233
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by Shane_Penney » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:03 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Evo999 wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:Also remember, with casinos it is a damning thing when KISS plays one, but when Cooper or Leppard play them it shows how great they are, and how awesome it is they can be so intimate with their fans.
Consider that KISS as a touring act are larger than both Leppard and Cooper though. Leppard can't draw shit, Cooper never really could in recent history.

Was that the highest Spidey got from what we're seeing in that pic?
Might be all it can do in small arenas?
Makes me wonder what the view is like from the upper sections then. If the view is obscured by Spidey's legs then I say just bring the lighting rig to the larger arenas.
There are clips on youtube of the Lethbridge show. Just a sec...


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ_ciO5_2oE

Of note...I never knew they went back up in the air during LIU.

dursin
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6119
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:58 am
Location: Orlando

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by dursin » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:04 pm

kenn.ace wrote:I said the only reason Lethbridge sold out is because Calgary was cancelled.
kenn.ace wrote:I could get seats anywhere in the building including the floor.
kenn.ace wrote:There was nothing sold for Lethbridge.
Wow, you're like an Einstein Nostradamus hybrid!

User avatar
Shane_Penney
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6233
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by Shane_Penney » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:06 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Evo999 wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:Also remember, with casinos it is a damning thing when KISS plays one, but when Cooper or Leppard play them it shows how great they are, and how awesome it is they can be so intimate with their fans.
Consider that KISS as a touring act are larger than both Leppard and Cooper though. Leppard can't draw shit, Cooper never really could in recent history.

Was that the highest Spidey got from what we're seeing in that pic?
Might be all it can do in small arenas?
Makes me wonder what the view is like from the upper sections then. If the view is obscured by Spidey's legs then I say just bring the lighting rig to the larger arenas.
:evil:

I'm seeing them twice in a 6-7 thousand seater.

I want as much as they can fit in the building.

kenn.ace
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3375
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by kenn.ace » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:15 pm

dursin wrote:
kenn.ace wrote:I said the only reason Lethbridge sold out is because Calgary was cancelled.
kenn.ace wrote:I could get seats anywhere in the building including the floor.
kenn.ace wrote:There was nothing sold for Lethbridge.
Wow, you're like an Einstein Nostradamus hybrid!
Just reporting it as it was.

User avatar
Evo999
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6192
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:26 pm

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by Evo999 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:17 pm

kenn.ace wrote:
Evo999 wrote:
kenn.ace wrote:
kissthat wrote:Image

KISS and the Lethbridge KISS Army at the packed Enmax Centre last night!


DOOMED , I tell ya, just DOOMED.

Image
They filled a 5000 seat building after the Calgary show was cancelled. Awesome!

The Calgary show was SOLD OUT before it got cancelled because of the flood, Einstein. Pathetic.
Maybe read my post again. I said the only reason Lethbridge sold out is because Calgary was cancelled. I, just for the heck of it, checked on seats for Lethbridge a few days before the official cancellation of Calgary, and I could get seats anywhere in the building including the floor. There was nothing sold for Lethbridge. So the sell out in Lethbridge after Calgary was cancelled in no way is an indication that KISS is JUST DOOMED because it sold out.
Hilarious!!! So Lethbridge was going to be attended poorly, unless Calgary got postponed. Good one. You do know they release seats all the time. St. John's has nothing but cheap seats left, then you could get 4th row, then before you know it it was sold out. Must be because of Calgary!!! :)

User avatar
Evo999
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6192
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:26 pm

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by Evo999 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:17 pm

Shane_Penney wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Evo999 wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:Also remember, with casinos it is a damning thing when KISS plays one, but when Cooper or Leppard play them it shows how great they are, and how awesome it is they can be so intimate with their fans.
Consider that KISS as a touring act are larger than both Leppard and Cooper though. Leppard can't draw shit, Cooper never really could in recent history.

Was that the highest Spidey got from what we're seeing in that pic?
Might be all it can do in small arenas?
Makes me wonder what the view is like from the upper sections then. If the view is obscured by Spidey's legs then I say just bring the lighting rig to the larger arenas.
:evil:

I'm seeing them twice in a 6-7 thousand seater.

I want as much as they can fit in the building.
+1 Block er'

kenn.ace
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3375
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by kenn.ace » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:18 pm

Evo999 wrote:
kenn.ace wrote:
Evo999 wrote:
kenn.ace wrote:
kissthat wrote:Image

KISS and the Lethbridge KISS Army at the packed Enmax Centre last night!


DOOMED , I tell ya, just DOOMED.

Image
They filled a 5000 seat building after the Calgary show was cancelled. Awesome!

The Calgary show was SOLD OUT before it got cancelled because of the flood, Einstein. Pathetic.
Maybe read my post again. I said the only reason Lethbridge sold out is because Calgary was cancelled. I, just for the heck of it, checked on seats for Lethbridge a few days before the official cancellation of Calgary, and I could get seats anywhere in the building including the floor. There was nothing sold for Lethbridge. So the sell out in Lethbridge after Calgary was cancelled in no way is an indication that KISS is JUST DOOMED because it sold out.
Hilarious!!! So Lethbridge was going to be attended poorly, unless Calgary got postponed. Good one. You do know they release seats all the time. St. John's has nothing but cheap seats left, then you could get 4th row, then before you know it it was sold out. Must be because of Calgary!!! :)
Anywhere I clicked in the building? Okay if you say so.

User avatar
Shane_Penney
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6233
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by Shane_Penney » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:32 pm

Evo999 wrote:
Shane_Penney wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Evo999 wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:Also remember, with casinos it is a damning thing when KISS plays one, but when Cooper or Leppard play them it shows how great they are, and how awesome it is they can be so intimate with their fans.
Consider that KISS as a touring act are larger than both Leppard and Cooper though. Leppard can't draw shit, Cooper never really could in recent history.

Was that the highest Spidey got from what we're seeing in that pic?
Might be all it can do in small arenas?
Makes me wonder what the view is like from the upper sections then. If the view is obscured by Spidey's legs then I say just bring the lighting rig to the larger arenas.
:evil:

I'm seeing them twice in a 6-7 thousand seater.

I want as much as they can fit in the building.
+1 Block er'
You and I and Futon must meet up. My seats for both nights in St John's are pretty deadly.

Anomaly
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 22729
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by Anomaly » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:36 pm

Shane_Penney wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Evo999 wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:Also remember, with casinos it is a damning thing when KISS plays one, but when Cooper or Leppard play them it shows how great they are, and how awesome it is they can be so intimate with their fans.
Consider that KISS as a touring act are larger than both Leppard and Cooper though. Leppard can't draw shit, Cooper never really could in recent history.

Was that the highest Spidey got from what we're seeing in that pic?
Might be all it can do in small arenas?
Makes me wonder what the view is like from the upper sections then. If the view is obscured by Spidey's legs then I say just bring the lighting rig to the larger arenas.
:evil:

I'm seeing them twice in a 6-7 thousand seater.

I want as much as they can fit in the building.
Wanting that isn't a problem, just if it starts obstructing the view for some fans due to it being hung at a lower position then I think it should be restricted to the larger arenas.

User avatar
Evo999
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6192
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:26 pm

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by Evo999 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:38 pm

Shane_Penney wrote:
Evo999 wrote:
Shane_Penney wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Evo999 wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:Also remember, with casinos it is a damning thing when KISS plays one, but when Cooper or Leppard play them it shows how great they are, and how awesome it is they can be so intimate with their fans.
Consider that KISS as a touring act are larger than both Leppard and Cooper though. Leppard can't draw shit, Cooper never really could in recent history.

Was that the highest Spidey got from what we're seeing in that pic?
Might be all it can do in small arenas?
Makes me wonder what the view is like from the upper sections then. If the view is obscured by Spidey's legs then I say just bring the lighting rig to the larger arenas.
:evil:

I'm seeing them twice in a 6-7 thousand seater.

I want as much as they can fit in the building.
+1 Block er'
You and I and Futon must meet up. My seats for both nights in St John's are pretty deadly.
Yah, I'm not sure where I am VIP is usually somewhere in the first 10 I think, although I've never been more than 5 or so back when I bought em'.
Last edited by Evo999 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Evo999
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6192
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:26 pm

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by Evo999 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:39 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Shane_Penney wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Evo999 wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:Also remember, with casinos it is a damning thing when KISS plays one, but when Cooper or Leppard play them it shows how great they are, and how awesome it is they can be so intimate with their fans.
Consider that KISS as a touring act are larger than both Leppard and Cooper though. Leppard can't draw shit, Cooper never really could in recent history.

Was that the highest Spidey got from what we're seeing in that pic?
Might be all it can do in small arenas?
Makes me wonder what the view is like from the upper sections then. If the view is obscured by Spidey's legs then I say just bring the lighting rig to the larger arenas.
:evil:

I'm seeing them twice in a 6-7 thousand seater.

I want as much as they can fit in the building.
Wanting that isn't a problem, just if it starts obstructing the view for some fans due to it being hung at a lower position then I think it should be restricted to the larger arenas.
I don't think that will be a problem, from what I could see of the Lethbridge clips.

User avatar
metallian
Banned
Banned
Posts: 6910
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by metallian » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:35 pm

Shane_Penney wrote:
kissthat wrote:
kenn.ace wrote:
kissthat wrote:Image

KISS and the Lethbridge KISS Army at the packed Enmax Centre last night!


DOOMED , I tell ya, just DOOMED.

Image
They filled a 5000 seat building after the Calgary show was cancelled. Awesome!
Wasn't Calgary canceled because of flooding? God bless those in Calgary that have been affected by the flooding and I hope they recover soon.

But a pissy whiner like you would have people believe it was because of sales, yet Calgary was all but sold out before it's cancelation. Move along, pissers like you are just laughable now.Contribute nothing to the board and whine about everything.
Some people try too hard. Occasionally it reminds me of the old tts.com. It seemed like they would actually have competitions there.
Some of the losers from tts are here.

User avatar
Shane_Penney
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6233
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by Shane_Penney » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:38 pm

metallian wrote:
Shane_Penney wrote:
kissthat wrote:
kenn.ace wrote:
kissthat wrote:Image

KISS and the Lethbridge KISS Army at the packed Enmax Centre last night!


DOOMED , I tell ya, just DOOMED.

Image
They filled a 5000 seat building after the Calgary show was cancelled. Awesome!
Wasn't Calgary canceled because of flooding? God bless those in Calgary that have been affected by the flooding and I hope they recover soon.

But a pissy whiner like you would have people believe it was because of sales, yet Calgary was all but sold out before it's cancelation. Move along, pissers like you are just laughable now.Contribute nothing to the board and whine about everything.
Some people try too hard. Occasionally it reminds me of the old tts.com. It seemed like they would actually have competitions there.
Some of the losers from tts are here.
Well...I was part of tts until I found this place. :oops:

User avatar
metallian
Banned
Banned
Posts: 6910
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by metallian » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:42 pm

metaldad wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:Also remember, with casinos it is a damning thing when KISS plays one, but when Cooper or Leppard play them it shows how great they are, and how awesome it is they can be so intimate with their fans.
Pretty simple . Alice is a theater band and does not talk out of his ass saying they are a Stadium band , like Gene does. Me personally ? I prefer small places to arenas , it's just fun to burst the bubble of the sheep around here that think Kiss is a Massive band. I wish all my Fav bands played theaters and casinos , it's a lot more fun
Gene makes you so mad when he says things.

:lol:

User avatar
metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13599
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Rockin in the USA

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by metaldad » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:47 pm

metallian wrote:
metaldad wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:Also remember, with casinos it is a damning thing when KISS plays one, but when Cooper or Leppard play them it shows how great they are, and how awesome it is they can be so intimate with their fans.
Pretty simple . Alice is a theater band and does not talk out of his ass saying they are a Stadium band , like Gene does. Me personally ? I prefer small places to arenas , it's just fun to burst the bubble of the sheep around here that think Kiss is a Massive band. I wish all my Fav bands played theaters and casinos , it's a lot more fun
Gene makes you so mad when he says things.

:lol:
Oh yes, you got me

User avatar
kissthat
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 18212
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Waterloo, SC

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by kissthat » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:49 pm

kenn.ace wrote:
Evo999 wrote:
kenn.ace wrote:
Evo999 wrote:
kenn.ace wrote:
kissthat wrote:Image

KISS and the Lethbridge KISS Army at the packed Enmax Centre last night!


DOOMED , I tell ya, just DOOMED.

Image
They filled a 5000 seat building after the Calgary show was cancelled. Awesome!

The Calgary show was SOLD OUT before it got cancelled because of the flood, Einstein. Pathetic.
Maybe read my post again. I said the only reason Lethbridge sold out is because Calgary was cancelled. I, just for the heck of it, checked on seats for Lethbridge a few days before the official cancellation of Calgary, and I could get seats anywhere in the building including the floor. There was nothing sold for Lethbridge. So the sell out in Lethbridge after Calgary was cancelled in no way is an indication that KISS is JUST DOOMED because it sold out.
Hilarious!!! So Lethbridge was going to be attended poorly, unless Calgary got postponed. Good one. You do know they release seats all the time. St. John's has nothing but cheap seats left, then you could get 4th row, then before you know it it was sold out. Must be because of Calgary!!! :)
Anywhere I clicked in the building? Okay if you say so.
No , like several others have pointed out, those of your ilk just make up shit after the fact as if it were real, your false claims were pointed out and you got testy. :lol:

User avatar
metallian
Banned
Banned
Posts: 6910
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by metallian » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:58 pm

Shane_Penney wrote:
metallian wrote:
Shane_Penney wrote:
kissthat wrote:
kenn.ace wrote:
kissthat wrote:Image

KISS and the Lethbridge KISS Army at the packed Enmax Centre last night!


DOOMED , I tell ya, just DOOMED.

Image
They filled a 5000 seat building after the Calgary show was cancelled. Awesome!
Wasn't Calgary canceled because of flooding? God bless those in Calgary that have been affected by the flooding and I hope they recover soon.

But a pissy whiner like you would have people believe it was because of sales, yet Calgary was all but sold out before it's cancelation. Move along, pissers like you are just laughable now.Contribute nothing to the board and whine about everything.
Some people try too hard. Occasionally it reminds me of the old tts.com. It seemed like they would actually have competitions there.
Some of the losers from tts are here.
Well...I was part of tts until I found this place. :oops:
tts had fans and haters. Then it turned to be just haters. Then the website got closed down.

User avatar
metallian
Banned
Banned
Posts: 6910
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by metallian » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:00 pm

metaldad wrote:
metallian wrote:
metaldad wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:Also remember, with casinos it is a damning thing when KISS plays one, but when Cooper or Leppard play them it shows how great they are, and how awesome it is they can be so intimate with their fans.
Pretty simple . Alice is a theater band and does not talk out of his ass saying they are a Stadium band , like Gene does. Me personally ? I prefer small places to arenas , it's just fun to burst the bubble of the sheep around here that think Kiss is a Massive band. I wish all my Fav bands played theaters and casinos , it's a lot more fun
Gene makes you so mad when he says things.

:lol:
Oh yes, you got me
No, Gene's got you.

:lol:

User avatar
metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13599
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Rockin in the USA

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by metaldad » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:07 pm

metallian wrote:
metaldad wrote:
metallian wrote:
metaldad wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:Also remember, with casinos it is a damning thing when KISS plays one, but when Cooper or Leppard play them it shows how great they are, and how awesome it is they can be so intimate with their fans.
Pretty simple . Alice is a theater band and does not talk out of his ass saying they are a Stadium band , like Gene does. Me personally ? I prefer small places to arenas , it's just fun to burst the bubble of the sheep around here that think Kiss is a Massive band. I wish all my Fav bands played theaters and casinos , it's a lot more fun
Gene makes you so mad when he says things.

:lol:
Oh yes, you got me
No, Gene's got you.

:lol:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz You can do better than that

User avatar
Crown Royal
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12139
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Michigan

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by Crown Royal » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:16 pm

metallian wrote:
No, Gene's got you.
just watched Black Diamond from the festival in Sweden last month, and Eric claimed Gene has all of us under his thumb

User avatar
RT Rocker
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Posts: 380
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:11 am

Re: N.American Monster #4 - Lethbridge, 7/10/13

Post by RT Rocker » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:47 pm

I was there... Awesome show as always. People never bitched back in the day when KISS would play the other cities bands wouldn't go to. Then they said KISS is such a great band for doing so. But now they play smaller cities and people call them doomed! My has some of the KISS Army fallen. I for one enjoy the band while we still have them. :)

Post Reply