FIX
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: EuroMonster #1, 1/06 - Friends Arena, Stockholm, Sweden

Post by FIX »

timstar78 wrote:"Heaven's On Fire" and "I Love It Loud":

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JrmBeU4Myg

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjURpoiOuOY
Damn. Bearing in mind their age, Paul's vocal issues, etc...that was a lot of fun! Good to see it back, I honestly thought I might never see them do that one again.

futon
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by futon »

Vocal issues aside, I hope HOF is in the set when they hit Newfoundland. Many people were disappointed when they didn't play it here a couple of years ago, along IWMFLY. HOF was pretty popular when it came out up this way, and IWMFLY is up there with RARAN for the broad appeal. I can't wait, August will be my KISS weekend in St. John's. :)

Kee
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kee »

Btw, anyone noticing how many clips are surfacing this soon? Not to brag that much about Sweden, but I think we're a lot faster than most places in the US and Australia, for example, when it comes to these things. Whatever that's worth. :lol:

Just sayin'.

scottkfan1
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by scottkfan1 »

Kee wrote:Btw, anyone noticing how many clips are surfacing this soon? Not to brag that much about Sweden, but I think we're a lot faster than most places in the US and Australia, for example, when it comes to these things. Whatever that's worth. :lol:

Just sayin'.
thanks for you show review..i agree with you what is it with people. I see it at hockey games,football,baseball people are on there phone or walking around the stadium not into the event its very strange

kissthat
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by kissthat »

ado2002 wrote:
kissthat wrote:
Slick2007 wrote:
kissthat wrote:
Slick2007 wrote:NO............YOU r easily satisfied and I have an OPINION..........and talkin about beating dead horses.......26.000 people payed lots of cash to see just THAT tonight!
No you're just a whiney poster, all one has to do is check your post history, that's all you do. Whine and call it opinion.
wow, checking my older posts, you MUST have a FULL life buddy. Now unless you have something REALLY interesting to say, STFU!

by the way:

the band sounds energetic
Paul's sings the stars from heaven
the setlist was full of surprises
they played the best songs they can play
KISS is far from over yet
they played a hell of a lot of songs(19, not like 70 year old Sir Paul McCartney who plays a whopping 38 and keeps adding rare gems to the set year in year out)
glad to see they played a lot of tunes from MONSTER

just copying the bleeh bleeh bleeh sheep posts like you.

Now, enough said, end of discusion, I'm through with waisting my time and going to do something REALLY worthwhile and fun
No you just show up to whine. You'll be back to whine when something else happens, you always do.
I think he has all the reasons to whine. With just a little more effort, KISS could have been so much more fun ... I dont think we ask for much do we? Well whatever ... have a good trip tru Europe.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:Slick always shows up to whine, that's why the Admin. told him not to bring his shit to this thread.

brokentiny

Post by brokentiny »

scottkfan1 wrote:
Kee wrote:Btw, anyone noticing how many clips are surfacing this soon? Not to brag that much about Sweden, but I think we're a lot faster than most places in the US and Australia, for example, when it comes to these things. Whatever that's worth. :lol:

Just sayin'.
thanks for you show review..i agree with you what is it with people. I see it at hockey games,football,baseball people are on there phone or walking around the stadium not into the event its very strange
For a first world country, Australia has a pretty bad ADSL system in place...sometimes it's more trouble than it's worth.
Alternatively maybe folks were just enjoying the show with their eyes rather than through their phones.

Kee
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kee »

scottkfan1 wrote:

Just sayin'.
I guess it is like someone at Kiss Army Sweden said: Many people probaby got tickets through their jobs and so on. Hardly fans... This is what happens when they have trouble selling tickets because the hard-core fan-base is diminishing. When average Joe arrives he doesn't care about the band.

scottkfan1

Post by scottkfan1 »

Kee wrote:
scottkfan1 wrote:

Just sayin'.
I guess it is like someone at Kiss Army Sweden said: Many people probaby got tickets through their jobs and so on. Hardly fans... This is what happens when they have trouble selling tickets because the hard-core fan-base is diminishing. When average Joe arrives he doesn't care about the band.
kiss hard core fan base was never very big kiss has always been about the average guy going to the show..

timstar78

Post by timstar78 »

(Article translated via Google Translate)

Families were stopped at the door
"The dream has been dashed"
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/m ... 6887096.ab" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Families have made a pilgrimage to see Kiss in the Friends Arena.
But the entrance was the full stop - and children under thirteen was not admitted.
Misconceptions about age created chaos for the concert.
- I am angry and sad. My son's dream has been dashed, says Joakim, father of nine year old Alfred denied entry to the concert.

When did the sketch stage entrance just after half past nine this evening were many families left outside the gates of the Friends Arena in Solna.
The reason was that the children were not allowed in - because they had been for thirteen years. Several readers have contacted us to Nöjesbladet and been disappointed that the children do not have to enter. Joakim, who did not wish to appear with the last name, had gone from Lerum with his three sons - but the youngest, Alfred, at nine and a half was stopped at the door.
- I am angry and sad. It cuts to the heart of one. It is a giant awkward situation, he says.
- My son has expensive, nice earmuffs and will sit with me in the stands. We knew that the recommendation was thirteen years old, but it's hard to understand that we as parents would not be able to take responsibility for our own children.
Some may, others not
While Joe and Alfred had to stay out in the rain, they saw other children slip through the checks. At his side was the upward thirty others who were denied entry to their children.
- It is thirteen, but for example Bruce Springsteen, it's always something small children there and sing. The problem is that some slip through and others do not, says Joakim.
Anders Bergviksgatan, 45, has been at Kiss concerts since the 90's. When the band played at Stockholm Stadium the other year were there children so young that they were sitting in the stroller. He therefore thought that it would be good to take with her son Edwin, 8, to the Friends Arena.
- I thought it would be okay this time too, he says.
But it was not. According to him, consisting of age verification that the guards ask kids how old they are, what class they are in and what star sign they were born in.
- But the pictures of those who are inside are four years.
Now what?
- You just have to turn around. For us it's okay, we live in Stockholm but the others that are out here are far away.
"Clear rules"
The rules regarding the minimum age at Live Nation are set by the Board's requirements.
- It says 13-year limit on the tickets and we go out with it on our website. There is clear information, but it's obviously very sad that this has happened, says Kristofer Akesson on Live Nation.
It is not unusual that these misunderstandings happen, says Kristofer Akesson.
- It happens to most concerts that parents are not reached by the information. Just when the sketch, we notice that there are very many children who want to see them, we have had these rules in eight years in Sweden
Parents say that some children under thirteen admitted but others do not, how do you see it?
- It is a difficult assessment in that it is not easy to verify identification of children in that way. It is up to the guards to make that judgment but it is clear that it is regrettable that children under thirteen years were admitted.
What have you to say to those who have not entered the concert?
- It is very sad and disappointing in every way. They have been looking forward to the concert for a long time and are not coming, so it is sad that these misunderstandings have occurred. Meanwhile, it is a rule we have to follow and which have resulted in a great many years, says Kristofer Akesson.

vincentcusano
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by vincentcusano »

Got2ChooseDSM wrote:
vincentcusano wrote:Paul sounds rough, but I can honestly say he has sounded worse
He definitely holding back but he not worse than last year. i see improvement. Im in DSM by the way.

Are you in a band?

FIX
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FIX »

scottkfan1 wrote:
Kee wrote:
scottkfan1 wrote:

Just sayin'.
kiss hard core fan base was never very big kiss has always been about the average guy going to the show..
Exactly

SureKnowSomething

Post by SureKnowSomething »

Great stuff! Thanks to everyone who posted it. :thumleft:

nickgr74
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by nickgr74 »

Kee wrote:I posted the following on the Kiss Army Sweden forum. And since I'm lazy, I basically just put the text through google translate, so pardon the mistakes:

Well, 1 hour and 45 minutes is actually a little too short, I think. We should've gotten three or four more songs at that concert so that it clocked in at about two hours.

Had seating this time and must say that I will never again take seats. Damn, it's dead (apart from a few songs where it was a bit more lively, but there is still no real passion and feeling when you're sitting down) ...

Did not know if I should laugh or cry when hundreds of people started leaving after Rock and roll all nite and then not returning when Kiss took to the stage again.

What is it with these fucking people? OK, obviously they are no true fans because then they would know that Kiss is not finishing a concert without playing Detroit rock city and Black Diamond, but if you paid several hundred crowns it should be reasonable to stay to the end? Or were they SO damn disappointed that they did not bear with any more? Either way, it was a fucking mood-killer.

The fact that many seats were empty was also a bit of a mood-killer. A little sad and tragic, somehow.

Then I have to say I was really annoyed at all the fucking running among the rows. Back and forth, popcorn, soda, plates with beer. Sure, buy some beer, but to run back and forth umpteen times in a concert that is under two hours is both weird and annoying. Are they there for the concert or to buy a hundred beers and become wasted? Overall, I was surprised with how many seemed to not give a damn about anything Kiss.

What the hell are they doing there? That is my question. "Check the show and spectacle," someone might say. Yes, that is possible. But when people sit like a bunch of zombies, you start to wonder. Even the people standing on the floor was zombie-like during the majority of the concert (first rows excluded).

These things made me disappointed. However, there were bright spots. The fact that they picked Heaven's on fire (no matter what you thought of the performance). It was actually a big surprise.
------------------
very interesting post!!!!
never been in sweden but all the dvd concerts that i own as far i remember the fans are amazing ,wild,crazy.........
maybe people get older loose passion or for some of them are the 4th,5th,...20th kiss concert i mean the lost the joy of seen something new"
Also they cant sell out everytime big arenas there plus note in whole world people try to spent less money.
but again in my mind i thought swedish fans are still on top.
I remember in vienna back in 96 i was at 14,15 row back but slowly i attend to 3rd!!!
Nobody told me anything..and in madrid i was in 8th and trying to get closer to the stage but impossible to access closer plus few fans told me to step back in angry way-
Plus the heavy metal/hard rock its not the same as 15 years back...
think this if the big names stop touring acts like sabbath,kiss,metallica,crue,even r n roll bands like stones what we have left????
And again some people go to concert like going to movie !!!
its the same for them,other go to get high not just in concerts same as football or other spots.
I hope you enjoy the concert and thats only matters..
and yes in stand section you feel the heat of the concert ,at seats its like going to movies

Got2ChooseDSM
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Got2ChooseDSM »

vincentcusano wrote:
Got2ChooseDSM wrote:
vincentcusano wrote:Paul sounds rough, but I can honestly say he has sounded worse
He definitely holding back but he not worse than last year. i see improvement. Im in DSM by the way.

Are you in a band?
No. I play guitar though. Why do you ask?

kissthat

Post by kissthat »

scottkfan1 wrote:
Kee wrote:
scottkfan1 wrote:

Just sayin'.
It's just the posters over at KAS that were claiming to have "super secret" info that only 15,000 would be there. Now that it was announced that attendance was at least 26,000, somehow these tickets were giveaways(after all people going getting sodas and other beverages is proof :lol: ). The guy that runs that board told them weeks ago that he'd talked to LN and the attendance would be between above 25,000.It's like a little circle jerk over there , claiming KISS have failed. :lol: 26,000 today and another 35,000 at the Sweden Rock Festival means DOOMED.
Last edited by kissthat on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vincentcusano
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by vincentcusano »

Just curious, I have been in local band for the last 15 years thought I might know ya

Got2ChooseDSM
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Got2ChooseDSM »

vincentcusano wrote:Just curious, I have been in local band for the last 15 years thought I might know ya

What band?

Flipside?? haha

kissthat

Post by kissthat »

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAnHgiyTN88

up close opening

timstar78

Post by timstar78 »

"Black Diamond":

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9m8LqpAtyg

paulfan1967
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by paulfan1967 »

Love the new stage!

kissthat

Post by kissthat »

Don't know if Tim's posted this, if he has forgive me. GOT just looks great sung from the top of Spidey.

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQPefZPpHQE

Rated-R-Ron
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Rated-R-Ron »

OMG, That "Heaven's On Fire" performance is all kinds of painful. You can tell Paul wants to burst into tears by his facial expressions and body language, I know I want to.

Anomaly

Post by Anomaly »

Anomaly's thoughts...

- As a lighting rig, the spider looks fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. As a riser, it looks just plain dumb. I would much rather they have the regular riser with the spider legs shooting out pyro during the descent. A note I want to also make is that it seems that all of the money for this project was thrown at the spider itself and not at the actual stage below, what's on the ground level doesn't look that impressive. Which is a shame, if they kept the Australian stage with the spider light rig the whole thing would look absolutely great.

- I haven't gone through all of the videos yet so can somebody fill me in on what effects the spider actually does in terms of movement and pyrotechnics?

- Gene flies through the spider on his way up for GOT? That is cool.

- Setlist change thoughts...
- Psycho Circus: I expected to be cut from the set, but seeing it around as an opener is great. I always thought the song would work well with the band descending on a riser, in fact I believe that I predicted it to start the South American shows because it opened up the Kruise shows.
- LMGRNR: Meh, welcome back I suppose.
- War Machine: Still in the set? Nice. The new firebreathing song? Niiiiice.
- Heaven's on Fire: No. No no no no no no no no no no. No.
- Say Yeah: Said no on it being included in the set yesterday, but nice to see it back. I think MDD is the better SB song but if they were to bring back an SB song it'd have to be Say Yeah for the audience participation factor.
- 1st verse of Shock Me: Why?

Starryeyed Guy

Post by Starryeyed Guy »

nickgr74 wrote:
MONSTER Magnet wrote:[youtube]www.youtu.be/gBXfaGu9ukU[/youtube]
----------------------
change your avatar

Why do you keep saying that?

kissthat

Post by kissthat »

@ Anomaly, it seems that they are gonna either do LMGRAR or 100,000 Years, with Paul's vocal issues, I'll take LMGRAR every time.

Forevertj

Post by Forevertj »

rockgod wrote:What's next? Stonehenge?

Black Sabbath did that back in 1983.

Anomaly

Post by Anomaly »

kissthat wrote:@ Anomaly, it seems that they are gonna either do LMGRAR or 100,000 Years, with Paul's vocal issues, I'll take LMGRAR every time.
I'll take it too. Deuce to the 3rd position with a Monster song/rarity in place of Deuce would be even greater though. :)

Forevertj

Post by Forevertj »

I am very glad that I wasn't fooled. The stage is as I said it would be. Thanks Gene! I don't want any trouble. :mrgreen:

Maybe the spider will evolve. Perhaps if the roof of other arena's enables it go move forward as well. Might be a structural issue, or this could be it. Either way, it is great!

scottkfan1

Post by scottkfan1 »

Anomaly wrote:Anomaly's thoughts...

- As a lighting rig, the spider looks fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. As a riser, it looks just plain dumb. I would much rather they have the regular riser with the spider legs shooting out pyro during the descent. A note I want to also make is that it seems that all of the money for this project was thrown at the spider itself and not at the actual stage below, what's on the ground level doesn't look that impressive. Which is a shame, if they kept the Australian stage with the spider light rig the whole thing would look absolutely great.

- I haven't gone through all of the videos yet so can somebody fill me in on what effects the spider actually does in terms of movement and pyrotechnics?

- Gene flies through the spider on his way up for GOT? That is cool.

- Setlist change thoughts...
- Psycho Circus: I expected to be cut from the set, but seeing it around as an opener is great. I always thought the song would work well with the band descending on a riser, in fact I believe that I predicted it to start the South American shows because it opened up the Kruise shows.
- LMGRNR: Meh, welcome back I suppose.
- War Machine: Still in the set? Nice. The new firebreathing song? Niiiiice.
- Heaven's on Fire: No. No no no no no no no no no no. No.
- Say Yeah: Said no on it being included in the set yesterday, but nice to see it back. I think MDD is the better SB song but if they were to bring back an SB song it'd have to be Say Yeah for the audience participation factor.
- 1st verse of Shock Me: Why?
I agree with allot of what you say. I think the effects will change as we go on and I did like what the stage looked like in Australia..i would like to see during the end of black diamond the spider come down to the stage. Then gene ,tommy and paul get on it and have it rise up with all the bombs and pyro going off I think that could look great

AceInTheHole
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by AceInTheHole »

I haven't seen/heard all the songs but while I love HOF they probably should drop it from the setlist if Paul keeps singing it like he did tonight. Sorry to say. Also, drop IWMFLY. Again, Paul struggles with this one. In the last 4-5 years I have grown to appreciate Gene even more as Paul's vocal issues have surfaced. Really enjoyed God of Thunder, War Machine, Love It Loud (yeah I know). Haven't listened to all the songs though. I hope Gene doesn't start having vocal issues too. God forbid.

blackdiamond77

Psycho Circus played tonight.

Post by blackdiamond77 »

Video on Kissonline. Check it out.........

Starryeyed Guy

Post by Starryeyed Guy »

Thanks to all that filmed and uploaded. Does it strike anyone else strange that there are people bitching about a KISS show that was done hours ago and we can watch it thanks to the good folks that were there and the Internet? Seriously, we can watch the show that was performed hours ago from thousands of miles away! Life is good, kids!

shandi777
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by shandi777 »

Not a fan of the current line up but,

Stage = Awesome

Setlist = Meh

You Are Bad Phil
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by You Are Bad Phil »

Starryeyed Guy wrote:Thanks to all that filmed and uploaded. Does it strike anyone else strange that there are people bitching about a KISS show that was done hours ago and we can watch it thanks to the good folks that were there and the Internet? Seriously, we can watch the show that was performed hours ago from thousands of miles away! Life is good, kids!
This, this, and goddamn this. Life is good!

tagiaquinto
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by tagiaquinto »

Anyone find a video of Say Yeah yet?

tagiaquinto
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by tagiaquinto »

You Are Bad Phil wrote:
Starryeyed Guy wrote:Thanks to all that filmed and uploaded. Does it strike anyone else strange that there are people bitching about a KISS show that was done hours ago and we can watch it thanks to the good folks that were there and the Internet? Seriously, we can watch the show that was performed hours ago from thousands of miles away! Life is good, kids!
This, this, and goddamn this. Life is good!
I know, technology is moving real fast even compared to a couple of years ago. With the existence of iphones everything is changed. The quality of sound, picture, accessibility etc with iphones changes EVERYTHING.

KISSTRONAUT
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

I want to add my thanks to KissFAQ and all the people that posted vids and pics of the show. I was having some computer problems with the faq as the show was starting and then I had a family event to attend. I just watched the clip of Psycho Circus that timstar posted, and I thought it sounded pretty darned good. I love the new stage and I'm looking forward to seeing more of the EuroMonster Tour as it progresses.

Rockandrolloverman

Post by Rockandrolloverman »

Forevertj wrote:I am very glad that I wasn't fooled. The stage is as I said it would be. Thanks Gene! I don't want any trouble. :mrgreen:

Maybe the spider will evolve. Perhaps if the roof of other arena's enables it go move forward as well. Might be a structural issue, or this could be it. Either way, it is great!
That's what I was wondering, too.

Maybe the lack of some of the spider's movements were due to this particular arena.

I hope the next show or two has a bit more of what Gene was describing. If not and this is all it does, its still cool and very impressive,,,,,,,,,,, 8)

Rockandrolloverman

Got2ChooseDSM wrote:
jannep17 wrote:
Trance wrote:Did the "spider" take them 30 feet into the audience or whatever?

Is the "spider" just a lighting rig?
No, the spider didn't really do much. Came down on the stage during War Machine and (somewhat) in Lick It Up.
Otherwise... nothing.
They came down on it in the opening during PC.
It also came down during Detroit/City.

I have yet to see clips of any other spider actions, other than the opening.....which was great, by the way.

Anyone have a clip of War Machine or Lick It Up?

Revenant01

Post by Revenant01 »

It's the first damn show. No doubt not everything went as planned. From what I've seen, it was pretty cool. If they can make it walk, that will take it up a notch.

The entrance was cool, but it would look better with the drums down on the stage. That big, thick column of metal sticking up wrecks the effect of the spider coming down. I bet they'll change that 8)

timstar78

Post by timstar78 »

"War Machine" and "Lick It Up":

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEe0pWinJU4

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJtRRGwceVk

Ace of Spades
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Ace of Spades »

That might be the first time during War Machine that Gene got every single line correct.

asamphord

Post by asamphord »

they are doing the 80's ending for Black Diamond again. That is cool!

Rockandrolloverman

THanks so much.

It looks the best during War Machine when it comes all the way down and stands on the stage. I noticed its abdomen is a bit lifted during this song when its stand on the stage, as well. Not sure if htat is intentional, but that looks like a real tarantua's body positioning with the hind end up like that.

I hope they can get the walking part going. That'd really be good to see.

FIX
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FIX »

asamphord wrote:they are doing the 80's ending for Black Diamond again. That is cool!
That's awesome! When I first heard it it took me a second to realize that they hadn't done that in nearly 20 years.

scottkfan1

Post by scottkfan1 »

Ace of Spades wrote:That might be the first time during War Machine that Gene got every single line correct.
he is finally reading his teleprompter

neiltracy00
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by neiltracy00 »

Had seating this time and must say that I will never again take seats. Damn, it's dead (apart from a few songs where it was a bit more lively, but there is still no real passion and feeling when you're sitting down) ...

I have had 2 concerts like that, last being Alice Cooper, the ticket did say on it, be prepared for people to stand, I did and was told to sit back down, awful and never again!!

Did not know if I should laugh or cry when hundreds of people started leaving after Rock and roll all nite and then not returning when Kiss took to the stage again.

What is it with these fucking people? OK, obviously they are no true fans because then they would know that Kiss is not finishing a concert without playing Detroit rock city and Black Diamond, but if you paid several hundred crowns it should be reasonable to stay to the end? Or were they SO damn disappointed that they did not bear with any more? Either way, it was a fucking mood-killer.

and people who go there and spend their time bloody talking, pissing off back and forward and people who think they need to get that drunk before they go in they miss parts of the show and be a pain in the ass !

neiltracy00
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by neiltracy00 »

Gene looks really trim in the God of Thunder and solo clip, looks almost Creatures era ish !!, even the solo had snippets of the solo from back then, cool.

neiltracy00
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by neiltracy00 »

Erics voice yet again loud in the mix, is this on purpose ? if they are trying to recreate Peters voice in the songs they need to stop it, awful !

neiltracy00
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by neiltracy00 »

I think they are stealing ideas for the new stage show :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.