Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post Reply
User avatar
metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 14143
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Rockin in the USA

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by metaldad » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:04 am

nightflight77 wrote:
metaldad wrote:
scottkfan1 wrote:
metaldad wrote:
andykiss78 wrote:
metaldad wrote:
VaughanGF wrote:Love gun Paul flies
Ground breaking stuff 8)
What do you want him to do...swim?
Fly during a Different song? Or how about Not flying at all? Bon Jovi and David Lee Roth did this shit in the 80's
and gene did it in the 70s thank you-
Yes he did = Nothing New, now go back to sleep
What's new is that you thought Bon Jovi and David Lee Roth started the flying stunt and that Gene copied them. Fail you did and you're just trying to hide it. Sad that you can't just say that YOU made a mistake and didn't know that Gene started flying in 1979.
You are an Idiot, do you think i Never saw the Dynasty tour footage ? You are a Clown and i really think you were born yesterday

User avatar
metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 14143
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Rockin in the USA

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by metaldad » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:06 am

scottkfan1 wrote:
SW wrote:
WickedLynch wrote:Was that Tommy/Eric solo thing a big 'fuck you we're in KISS' to the haters?

I loved it, they raised up and pointed to each other then just stood there, 'yeah we're not the originals, fuck you who cares'
and if they werent on stage with two originals they would be playing to about 150 people
please dont destroy this thread with this mindless crap..do it on kissawol or whatever that scumbag place is called
He is close . Eric would be in Alice Cooper and playing for about 1, 500 people a night. Tommy would be playing for Nobody

User avatar
metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 14143
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Rockin in the USA

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by metaldad » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:07 am

scottkfan1 wrote:
metaldad wrote:
bigdaddyb wrote:
scottkfan1 wrote:
metaldad wrote:
andykiss78 wrote:
metaldad wrote:
VaughanGF wrote:Love gun Paul flies
Ground breaking stuff 8)
What do you want him to do...swim?
Fly during a Different song? Or how about Not flying at all? Bon Jovi and David Lee Roth did this shit in the 80's
and gene did it in the 70s thank you-

that kinda was the point since 1979....i'm sure a new effect can be thought up by an innovative bunch like Kiss?
Don't waste your time, some "Fans" don't understand a Simple point
dont even go there
No No, lets go there

User avatar
kissthat
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 18376
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Waterloo, SC

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by kissthat » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:08 am

saintsinner2007 wrote:Here is the setlist from the last time they played Perth:
1.Creatures of the Night
2.Calling Dr. Love
3.I Pledge Allegiance to the State of Rock & Roll
4.I Love It Loud
5.Christine Sixteen
6.Tears Are Falling
7.War Machine
8.Lick It Up
9.I Want You
10.Deuce
11.100,000 Years
12.Unholy
13.Detroit Rock City
14.Shout It Out Loud
15.Love Gun
16.I Was Made for Lovin' You
Encore:
17.God Gave Rock 'n' Roll to You II
18.Rock and Roll All Nite


Assuming they perform a "standard" encore, that will be 8 songs different from the last time they played Perth. For those like me, the show they did tonight seems "tired", because I watch the setlists on a regualr basis. That's my fault.

For those who live in Perth nearly 50% of the songs performed tonight were different then the last time they were there. I'd have no problem with that from any band.
Yeah, the set list variation from the last time the were there is very good. We "internet" types have a problem with a band not changing every night.

User avatar
RINGLEADER
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5433
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:07 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by RINGLEADER » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:11 am

RisingForce wrote:
kissjrj wrote:Nice.

http://a.yfrog.com/img877/8630/5odmc.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good to see them using Trans-Siberian Orchestra's risers that extend into the audience. That has been a cool effect in their show.
You know what you're doing there. Feel better? Yay you.

User avatar
kissjrj
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10355
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:35 am
Location: Shout Mercy!!!

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by kissjrj » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:13 am

Video of first 2 minutes of DRC.

http://vimeo.com/60758435" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
RINGLEADER
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5433
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:07 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by RINGLEADER » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:17 am

What's up with Gene and his makeup???
This has to be the worst rush job, or whatever he did. Very poor. Wow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
RisingForce
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 36560
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:39 am

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by RisingForce » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:18 am

RINGLEADER wrote:
RisingForce wrote:
kissjrj wrote:Nice.

http://a.yfrog.com/img877/8630/5odmc.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good to see them using Trans-Siberian Orchestra's risers that extend into the audience. That has been a cool effect in their show.
You know what you're doing there. Feel better? Yay you.
Ummmm.....what?

User avatar
metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 14143
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Rockin in the USA

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by metaldad » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:19 am

Those are Bad pix of Gene. His face seems too round for the makeup now. Age and Bad Plastic Surgery are a Bitch

User avatar
db99
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1512
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:53 am

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by db99 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:21 am

I am sure it was a fun show, but this set list.... C'mon man...

User avatar
bigdaddyb
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4494
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:27 pm

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by bigdaddyb » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:22 am

RINGLEADER wrote:What's up with Gene and his makeup???
This has to be the worst rush job, or whatever he did. Very poor. Wow.
close to COTN tour

User avatar
RINGLEADER
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5433
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:07 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by RINGLEADER » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:23 am

RisingForce wrote:
RINGLEADER wrote:
RisingForce wrote:
kissjrj wrote:Nice.

http://a.yfrog.com/img877/8630/5odmc.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good to see them using Trans-Siberian Orchestra's risers that extend into the audience. That has been a cool effect in their show.
You know what you're doing there. Feel better? Yay you.
Ummmm.....what?
My bad. I thought you were pitching sarcasm
Read it wrong.

User avatar
metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 14143
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Rockin in the USA

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by metaldad » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:24 am

db99 wrote:I am sure it was a fun show, but this set list.... C'mon man...
It's always a Fun show but be carefull what you say about the Setlist , the fanboys are up in arms . How Dare You say Anything Bad about Kiss !

User avatar
Admin
Why?
Posts: 13339
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by Admin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:27 am

metaldad wrote:
db99 wrote:I am sure it was a fun show, but this set list.... C'mon man...
It's always a Fun show but be carefull what you say about the Setlist , the fanboys are up in arms . How Dare You say Anything Bad about Kiss !
There is trouble in the forest,
And the creatures all have fled,
As the maples scream "Oppression!"
And the oaks just shake their heads...

And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw.

User avatar
Mike's KISS 1978
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10051
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:52 am

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by Mike's KISS 1978 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:28 am

Well, I will say that the staging looks cool; the pyro, lights, and "new" risers look really cool; the ending of "Rock And Roll All Nite" was really cool. Sounded like the crowd was having a blast! Good for KISS! I hope all you folks Down Under had fun at the show, or will have fun at the shows you attend.

You can't pay attention to all these folks bitching and moaning about the same old shit, like a bunch of old women at a beauty parlor. :roll: These complaints are becoming stale.

User avatar
metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 14143
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Rockin in the USA

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by metaldad » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:28 am

Admin wrote:
metaldad wrote:
db99 wrote:I am sure it was a fun show, but this set list.... C'mon man...
It's always a Fun show but be carefull what you say about the Setlist , the fanboys are up in arms . How Dare You say Anything Bad about Kiss !
There is trouble in the forest,
And the creatures all have fled,
As the maples scream "Oppression!"
And the oaks just shake their heads...

And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw.
Great Song

User avatar
kissjrj
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10355
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:35 am
Location: Shout Mercy!!!

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by kissjrj » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:30 am

Many casual fans are tweeting about how awesome and amazing the show was. Seems like they had a blast.

User avatar
HOFCity
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4768
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Westerville, OH
Contact:

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by HOFCity » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:35 am

kissjrj wrote:Video of first 2 minutes of DRC.

http://vimeo.com/60758435" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not bad.

For those who attended ... what's the purpose of those overhanging thingys that are on the stage ? - - What purpose do they serve ... do they make some kind of effect ?

( overhanging thingys <<< :oops: don't know what else to call them or a better way to describe them )

kenn.ace
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3440
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by kenn.ace » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:09 pm

HOFCity wrote:
kissjrj wrote:"Perth opened its arms... And its legs to us"... Paul Stanley, :D :oops:
I love KISS but damn ... there's times when you just want to crawl under your seat ( much like they did for the screening of KMTP ).

This cringeworthy stage rap HAS to go .... more-so then even I Love It Loud from the set list.
Paul's wife must be quite understanding.

User avatar
metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 14143
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Rockin in the USA

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by metaldad » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:22 pm

kenn.ace wrote:
HOFCity wrote:
kissjrj wrote:"Perth opened its arms... And its legs to us"... Paul Stanley, :D :oops:
I love KISS but damn ... there's times when you just want to crawl under your seat ( much like they did for the screening of KMTP ).

This cringeworthy stage rap HAS to go .... more-so then even I Love It Loud from the set list.
Paul's wife must be quite understanding.
It's easy to be understanding when she looks at the size of her house and her Bank Account :D

Fabiofrehley
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:49 pm

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by Fabiofrehley » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:24 pm

any info about Meet & Greet ? btw, thank you for the updates.

User avatar
carnival19
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1459
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:07 pm
Location: Montreal
Contact:

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by carnival19 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:30 pm

With 2 bands before KISS (Lizzy & Crue), I’m quite surprised they played 17 songs. That’s much better than the 12-13 they played last summer. Although no surprise in songs played.

Love the preview of the tour book, looks really cool.

Anyone knows if the show was available afterwards in audio format?

User avatar
HOFCity
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4768
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Westerville, OH
Contact:

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by HOFCity » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:33 pm

kenn.ace wrote:
HOFCity wrote:
kissjrj wrote:"Perth opened its arms... And its legs to us"... Paul Stanley, :D :oops:
I love KISS but damn ... there's times when you just want to crawl under your seat ( much like they did for the screening of KMTP ).

This cringeworthy stage rap HAS to go .... more-so then even I Love It Loud from the set list.
Paul's wife must be quite understanding.
I'm sure she knows better than to actually believe that nonsense...

" Now honey you know when I say these things it's just an attempt to hold onto my Rock persona " .... <<< trying to cover up her laughter.. she replies " Ok honey "

Not saying that Paul wouldn't be able to pick up a nice look tranny ... but it's kind of a ridiculous thing to be jealous of ( or take serious ) at a guy his age.

Anomaly
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 22820
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by Anomaly » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Image

"C'mon, don't let it get out...clench...cleeeeeeeeeeeeench."

:lol:

User avatar
shupey
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5312
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:25 am
Location: Outside Jennifer Love Hewitt's house

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by shupey » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:51 pm

Amazing. Just amazing. I hope I never become as hate filled or as jaded toward KISS as some fans here are. Not only can you not allow yourself to suspend reality for an hour or two but you try to make it hard for those who want to enjoy the show. I get it. You don't like that they don't play 17 new songs each time they go out or that the stage resembles something some other band used some other time or that they breath fire, spit blood, fly through the air, shoot rockets, have Tommy and Eric in make-up they didn't invent etc... but does each show thread have to have all this whining? Is it really needed? Do us all a favor and go see U2 or The Stones or Justin Frickin Bieber.

User avatar
Admin
Why?
Posts: 13339
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by Admin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:01 pm

shupey wrote:Amazing. Just amazing. I hope I never become as hate filled or as jaded toward KISS as some fans here are. Not only can you not allow yourself to suspend reality for an hour or two but you try to make it hard for those who want to enjoy the show. I get it. You don't like that they don't play 17 new songs each time they go out or that the stage resembles something some other band used some other time or that they breath fire, spit blood, fly through the air, shoot rockets, have Tommy and Eric in make-up they didn't invent etc... but does each show thread have to have all this whining? Is it really needed? Do us all a favor and go see U2 or The Stones or Justin Frickin Bieber.
Or just move on and let those who still enjoy the band enjoy the band! At one time it was sad how some fans had become. 10 years on it's simply pathetic.

scottkfan1
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3163
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:21 am

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by scottkfan1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Admin wrote:
shupey wrote:Amazing. Just amazing. I hope I never become as hate filled or as jaded toward KISS as some fans here are. Not only can you not allow yourself to suspend reality for an hour or two but you try to make it hard for those who want to enjoy the show. I get it. You don't like that they don't play 17 new songs each time they go out or that the stage resembles something some other band used some other time or that they breath fire, spit blood, fly through the air, shoot rockets, have Tommy and Eric in make-up they didn't invent etc... but does each show thread have to have all this whining? Is it really needed? Do us all a favor and go see U2 or The Stones or Justin Frickin Bieber.
Or just move on and let those who still enjoy the band enjoy the band! At one time it was sad how some fans had become. 10 years on it's simply pathetic.
agree just sad really sad

User avatar
Mike's KISS 1978
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10051
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:52 am

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by Mike's KISS 1978 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:11 pm

shupey wrote:Amazing. Just amazing. I hope I never become as hate filled or as jaded toward KISS as some fans here are. Not only can you not allow yourself to suspend reality for an hour or two but you try to make it hard for those who want to enjoy the show. I get it. You don't like that they don't play 17 new songs each time they go out or that the stage resembles something some other band used some other time or that they breath fire, spit blood, fly through the air, shoot rockets, have Tommy and Eric in make-up they didn't invent etc... but does each show thread have to have all this whining? Is it really needed? Do us all a favor and go see U2 or The Stones or Justin Frickin Bieber.

Well played, sir!

User avatar
bigdaddyb
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4494
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:27 pm

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by bigdaddyb » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:12 pm

Admin wrote:
shupey wrote:Amazing. Just amazing. I hope I never become as hate filled or as jaded toward KISS as some fans here are. Not only can you not allow yourself to suspend reality for an hour or two but you try to make it hard for those who want to enjoy the show. I get it. You don't like that they don't play 17 new songs each time they go out or that the stage resembles something some other band used some other time or that they breath fire, spit blood, fly through the air, shoot rockets, have Tommy and Eric in make-up they didn't invent etc... but does each show thread have to have all this whining? Is it really needed? Do us all a favor and go see U2 or The Stones or Justin Frickin Bieber.
Or just move on and let those who still enjoy the band enjoy the band! At one time it was sad how some fans had become. 10 years on it's simply pathetic.
God forbid there is any discussion other than kissing the bands ass on every level. It's a message board and as long as TOS is not broken we should be allowed to speak our minds on how we feel and if so be it you should be allowed to defend what we don't like. If done with respect it makes for a fun debate.

acesmiddlefinger
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2379
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:35 pm
Location: 4000 holes in Blackburn Lancashire

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by acesmiddlefinger » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:13 pm

shupey wrote:Amazing. Just amazing. I hope I never become as hate filled or as jaded toward KISS as some fans here are. Not only can you not allow yourself to suspend reality for an hour or two but you try to make it hard for those who want to enjoy the show. I get it. You don't like that they don't play 17 new songs each time they go out or that the stage resembles something some other band used some other time or that they breath fire, spit blood, fly through the air, shoot rockets, have Tommy and Eric in make-up they didn't invent etc... but does each show thread have to have all this whining? Is it really needed? Do us all a favor and go see U2 or The Stones or Justin Frickin Bieber.
Now now Shupey calm down mate. :wink:

The show was shite,Paul sounded like crap,same old songs,same old raps,going through the motions yada yada! Who says so, the predictable windbags sat watching a forum for updates...Firking pathetic.

They must lead really exciting lives if slagging off four blokes in make up is a highlight of their day.

They just cant leave that keyboard alone,can they?

User avatar
steveh67
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3270
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:56 pm

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by steveh67 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:20 pm

andykiss78 wrote:
metaldad wrote:
andykiss78 wrote:Opening song: DRC
God forbid they should try something new
3 songs off of Monster not new enough for you?

Ah yes, AndyKISS78 returns.

Wet yourself yet?

You really get upset when people post about something they dont like, dont you.

Get over yourself.

User avatar
Mike's KISS 1978
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10051
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:52 am

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by Mike's KISS 1978 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:24 pm

bigdaddyb wrote:
Admin wrote:
shupey wrote:Amazing. Just amazing. I hope I never become as hate filled or as jaded toward KISS as some fans here are. Not only can you not allow yourself to suspend reality for an hour or two but you try to make it hard for those who want to enjoy the show. I get it. You don't like that they don't play 17 new songs each time they go out or that the stage resembles something some other band used some other time or that they breath fire, spit blood, fly through the air, shoot rockets, have Tommy and Eric in make-up they didn't invent etc... but does each show thread have to have all this whining? Is it really needed? Do us all a favor and go see U2 or The Stones or Justin Frickin Bieber.
Or just move on and let those who still enjoy the band enjoy the band! At one time it was sad how some fans had become. 10 years on it's simply pathetic.
God forbid there is any discussion other than kissing the bands ass on every level. It's a message board and as long as TOS is not broken we should be allowed to speak our minds on how we feel and if so be it you should be allowed to defend what we don't like. If done with respect it makes for a fun debate.
Of course you should be able to speak your mind and share your feelings. No one here thinks that you should kiss KISS' ass and not voice displeasure, when you have it (and in the case of some, that is all they ever have). It is true that there are more than a few people here that only spew forth negativity and hateful shit, not only to KISS, but to those who are still having a good time with the band. After a while, it starts to grate on ones nerves. It's almost like if someone likes KISS and doesn't mind line-ups and make-ups, then there is something wrong with them and they are just sheep that should have their KISS Army cards revoked.

User avatar
KISS Unmasked II
Banned
Banned
Posts: 18989
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:31 am
Location: Right here... ________Right now...

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by KISS Unmasked II » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:26 pm

Admin wrote:just move on and let those who still enjoy the band enjoy the band! At one time it was sad how some fans had become. 10 years on it's simply pathetic.
If this forum allowed signatures, I would use this. In bold red and in CAPITALS. You absolutely 100% nailed it !
8)

User avatar
metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 14143
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Rockin in the USA

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by metaldad » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:27 pm

Mike's KISS 1978 wrote:
bigdaddyb wrote:
Admin wrote:
shupey wrote:Amazing. Just amazing. I hope I never become as hate filled or as jaded toward KISS as some fans here are. Not only can you not allow yourself to suspend reality for an hour or two but you try to make it hard for those who want to enjoy the show. I get it. You don't like that they don't play 17 new songs each time they go out or that the stage resembles something some other band used some other time or that they breath fire, spit blood, fly through the air, shoot rockets, have Tommy and Eric in make-up they didn't invent etc... but does each show thread have to have all this whining? Is it really needed? Do us all a favor and go see U2 or The Stones or Justin Frickin Bieber.
Or just move on and let those who still enjoy the band enjoy the band! At one time it was sad how some fans had become. 10 years on it's simply pathetic.
God forbid there is any discussion other than kissing the bands ass on every level. It's a message board and as long as TOS is not broken we should be allowed to speak our minds on how we feel and if so be it you should be allowed to defend what we don't like. If done with respect it makes for a fun debate.
Of course you should be able to speak your mind and share your feelings. No one here thinks that you should kiss KISS' ass and not voice displeasure, when you have it (and in the case of some, that is all they ever have). It is true that there are more than a few people here that only spew forth negativity and hateful shit, not only to KISS, but to those who are still having a good time with the band. After a while, it starts to grate on ones nerves. It's almost like if someone likes KISS and doesn't mind line-ups and make-ups, then there is something wrong with them and they are just sheep that should have their KISS Army cards revoked.
Mike, you know i am not one of those people, i support all lineups of the band but they should change the setlist from time to time . Some people get to bent out of shape if you don't like Everything they do, that is bullshit

User avatar
shupey
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5312
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:25 am
Location: Outside Jennifer Love Hewitt's house

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by shupey » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:34 pm

bigdaddyb wrote:
Admin wrote:
shupey wrote:Amazing. Just amazing. I hope I never become as hate filled or as jaded toward KISS as some fans here are. Not only can you not allow yourself to suspend reality for an hour or two but you try to make it hard for those who want to enjoy the show. I get it. You don't like that they don't play 17 new songs each time they go out or that the stage resembles something some other band used some other time or that they breath fire, spit blood, fly through the air, shoot rockets, have Tommy and Eric in make-up they didn't invent etc... but does each show thread have to have all this whining? Is it really needed? Do us all a favor and go see U2 or The Stones or Justin Frickin Bieber.
Or just move on and let those who still enjoy the band enjoy the band! At one time it was sad how some fans had become. 10 years on it's simply pathetic.
God forbid there is any discussion other than kissing the bands ass on every level. It's a message board and as long as TOS is not broken we should be allowed to speak our minds on how we feel and if so be it you should be allowed to defend what we don't like. If done with respect it makes for a fun debate.
I have no problem with debate, people speaking their minds etc but it's the same shit. They complain about the same set list, tricks, voices, drumming, make-up? I complain about the same complaints. Plus, you hit on a key statement "RESPECT". It quickly goes out the door (on both sides of the aisle) and turns into "haters" vs "sheep". Woulf I love some new songs? Sure. Whould it be cool if Gene blew blue flame out of his ass? You bet. Do I wish Paul would cut the wraps and add more songs. No doubt. Do I feel the need to interject those feelings into every frickin single thread? No.

User avatar
Mike's KISS 1978
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 10051
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:52 am

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by Mike's KISS 1978 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:34 pm

metaldad wrote:
Mike's KISS 1978 wrote:
bigdaddyb wrote:
Admin wrote:
shupey wrote:Amazing. Just amazing. I hope I never become as hate filled or as jaded toward KISS as some fans here are. Not only can you not allow yourself to suspend reality for an hour or two but you try to make it hard for those who want to enjoy the show. I get it. You don't like that they don't play 17 new songs each time they go out or that the stage resembles something some other band used some other time or that they breath fire, spit blood, fly through the air, shoot rockets, have Tommy and Eric in make-up they didn't invent etc... but does each show thread have to have all this whining? Is it really needed? Do us all a favor and go see U2 or The Stones or Justin Frickin Bieber.
Or just move on and let those who still enjoy the band enjoy the band! At one time it was sad how some fans had become. 10 years on it's simply pathetic.
God forbid there is any discussion other than kissing the bands ass on every level. It's a message board and as long as TOS is not broken we should be allowed to speak our minds on how we feel and if so be it you should be allowed to defend what we don't like. If done with respect it makes for a fun debate.
Of course you should be able to speak your mind and share your feelings. No one here thinks that you should kiss KISS' ass and not voice displeasure, when you have it (and in the case of some, that is all they ever have). It is true that there are more than a few people here that only spew forth negativity and hateful shit, not only to KISS, but to those who are still having a good time with the band. After a while, it starts to grate on ones nerves. It's almost like if someone likes KISS and doesn't mind line-ups and make-ups, then there is something wrong with them and they are just sheep that should have their KISS Army cards revoked.
Mike, you know i am not one of those people, i support all lineups of the band but they should change the setlist from time to time . Some people get to bent out of shape if you don't like Everything they do, that is bullshit
I know you, Pops. You are right. I do agree with the setlist issues; that shit should get flipped up. Hey, I am a Pearl Jam / 311 guy, so I have come to expect not to see the same show twice, on their tours. I think folks need to relax, though. This tour just started; let's see what they do different over the course of the next few shows, since they have rehearsed some rare tunes. Even if they don't change anything, by this point acceptance should be achieved by the disgruntled KISS fan. KISS has ALWAYS been setlist stale (exception being Rock The Nation Tour).

User avatar
shupey
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5312
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:25 am
Location: Outside Jennifer Love Hewitt's house

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by shupey » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:39 pm

acesmiddlefinger wrote:
shupey wrote:Amazing. Just amazing. I hope I never become as hate filled or as jaded toward KISS as some fans here are. Not only can you not allow yourself to suspend reality for an hour or two but you try to make it hard for those who want to enjoy the show. I get it. You don't like that they don't play 17 new songs each time they go out or that the stage resembles something some other band used some other time or that they breath fire, spit blood, fly through the air, shoot rockets, have Tommy and Eric in make-up they didn't invent etc... but does each show thread have to have all this whining? Is it really needed? Do us all a favor and go see U2 or The Stones or Justin Frickin Bieber.
Now now Shupey calm down mate. :wink:

The show was shite,Paul sounded like crap,same old songs,same old raps,going through the motions yada yada! Who says so, the predictable windbags sat watching a forum for updates...Firking pathetic.

They must lead really exciting lives if slagging off four blokes in make up is a highlight of their day.

They just cant leave that keyboard alone,can they?
Best part is they think by doing it they are somehow fighting to save the legacy of KISS for the "true" fans. Of course I think of few of them just do it to be annoying assholes but I like to put on the rose colored glasses and sheep's head so what the hell do I know.

User avatar
cwr18
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6152
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:44 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by cwr18 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:40 pm

Mike's KISS 1978 wrote: Hey, I am a Pearl Jam / 311 guy, so I have come to expect not to see the same show twice, on their tours.
Sorry, this is an unrealistic expectation. This band has over the top pyro, bombs and lighting effects that are timed to a second. It is not a show that can be flipped around on a dime. One or two songs that do not have effect-laden support could be changed, but the core songs linked to effects are always going to be in place for the respective tour.

User avatar
metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 14143
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Rockin in the USA

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by metaldad » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:58 pm

cwr18 wrote:
Mike's KISS 1978 wrote: Hey, I am a Pearl Jam / 311 guy, so I have come to expect not to see the same show twice, on their tours.
Sorry, this is an unrealistic expectation. This band has over the top pyro, bombs and lighting effects that are timed to a second. It is not a show that can be flipped around on a dime. One or two songs that do not have effect-laden support could be changed, but the core songs linked to effects are always going to be in place for the respective tour.
Good point but Rush is in the same boat . Rush changed 3 or 4 songs every other night on this tour, it can be done. Kiss does Not have to open with DRC every night , they can flip it with any number of songs, but they don't

User avatar
cwr18
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6152
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:44 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by cwr18 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:02 pm

metaldad wrote:
cwr18 wrote:
Mike's KISS 1978 wrote: Hey, I am a Pearl Jam / 311 guy, so I have come to expect not to see the same show twice, on their tours.
Sorry, this is an unrealistic expectation. This band has over the top pyro, bombs and lighting effects that are timed to a second. It is not a show that can be flipped around on a dime. One or two songs that do not have effect-laden support could be changed, but the core songs linked to effects are always going to be in place for the respective tour.
Good point but Rush is in the same boat . Rush changed 3 or 4 songs every other night on this tour, it can be done. Kiss does Not have to open with DRC every night , they can flip it with any number of songs, but they don't
I hear you but disagree, esp with the opener which always has big effects. They could be more ambitious with internal tunes that are less effect-linked but not the opener IMO. Now do I wish they would change the opener? Have 2 or three worked out and arranged so the pyro and other effect settings were laid out and just switched? Of course. But, I do not expect that. Too many things that can go wrong.

Post Reply