Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Re: Aussie Monster #1: Perth, 2/28/13

Post by Admin »

bigdaddyb wrote:
Admin wrote:
shupey wrote:Amazing. Just amazing. I hope I never become as hate filled or as jaded toward KISS as some fans here are. Not only can you not allow yourself to suspend reality for an hour or two but you try to make it hard for those who want to enjoy the show. I get it. You don't like that they don't play 17 new songs each time they go out or that the stage resembles something some other band used some other time or that they breath fire, spit blood, fly through the air, shoot rockets, have Tommy and Eric in make-up they didn't invent etc... but does each show thread have to have all this whining? Is it really needed? Do us all a favor and go see U2 or The Stones or Justin Frickin Bieber.
Or just move on and let those who still enjoy the band enjoy the band! At one time it was sad how some fans had become. 10 years on it's simply pathetic.
God forbid there is any discussion other than kissing the bands ass on every level. It's a message board and as long as TOS is not broken we should be allowed to speak our minds on how we feel and if so be it you should be allowed to defend what we don't like. If done with respect it makes for a fun debate.
Seriously? I don't think too many would think this site full of fanboys. There is plenty of debate and discussion, but as usual there are some miseryguts type folk who just can't enjoy. For fucks sake, the Aussies haven't had "the tour" yet. Nor have we seen if the band mix things up at all. Instead, there's full throttle negitivity that should be served up with razor blades. We'll revisit this after the next show, but I'm pretty sure Paul will be flying, gene breathing fire and puking blood, and them playing most to the same set. Still, three songs T least will be new Aussie performances....
metaldad
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by metaldad »

cwr18 wrote:
metaldad wrote:
cwr18 wrote:
Mike's KISS 1978 wrote: Hey, I am a Pearl Jam / 311 guy, so I have come to expect not to see the same show twice, on their tours.
Sorry, this is an unrealistic expectation. This band has over the top pyro, bombs and lighting effects that are timed to a second. It is not a show that can be flipped around on a dime. One or two songs that do not have effect-laden support could be changed, but the core songs linked to effects are always going to be in place for the respective tour.
Good point but Rush is in the same boat . Rush changed 3 or 4 songs every other night on this tour, it can be done. Kiss does Not have to open with DRC every night , they can flip it with any number of songs, but they don't
I hear you but disagree, esp with the opener which always has big effects. They could be more ambitious with internal tunes that are less effect-linked but not the opener IMO. Now do I wish they would change the opener? Have 2 or three worked out and arranged so the pyro and other effect settings were laid out and just switched? Of course. But, I do not expect that. Too many things that can go wrong.
It's all good, no need to agree . I look at it as you can have the same Pyro ect. with any opening tune. Just like they have in the past . Look , i Know they Have to play certian songs but they don't have to do them in the Same spot. Open with say , COTN and Close with DRC , ya know ? Not so hard for them to do
Mulder
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mulder »

WickedLynch wrote:Was that Tommy/Eric solo thing a big 'fuck you we're in KISS' to the haters?

I loved it, they raised up and pointed to each other then just stood there, 'yeah we're not the originals, fuck you who cares'
No, Thomas pointed at Eric and said "look, it's Peter". Eric looked at Thomas and said "look, its Ace".

True story. 8)
hell raiser
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by hell raiser »

Anyone that attend the Perth Show what was the price on the Monster Tour Book
bigdaddyb
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by bigdaddyb »

Admin wrote:
bigdaddyb wrote:
Admin wrote:
shupey wrote:Amazing. Just amazing. I hope I never become as hate filled or as jaded toward KISS as some fans here are. Not only can you not allow yourself to suspend reality for an hour or two but you try to make it hard for those who want to enjoy the show. I get it. You don't like that they don't play 17 new songs each time they go out or that the stage resembles something some other band used some other time or that they breath fire, spit blood, fly through the air, shoot rockets, have Tommy and Eric in make-up they didn't invent etc... but does each show thread have to have all this whining? Is it really needed? Do us all a favor and go see U2 or The Stones or Justin Frickin Bieber.
Or just move on and let those who still enjoy the band enjoy the band! At one time it was sad how some fans had become. 10 years on it's simply pathetic.
God forbid there is any discussion other than kissing the bands ass on every level. It's a message board and as long as TOS is not broken we should be allowed to speak our minds on how we feel and if so be it you should be allowed to defend what we don't like. If done with respect it makes for a fun debate.
Seriously? I don't think too many would think this site full of fanboys. There is plenty of debate and discussion, but as usual there are some miseryguts type folk who just can't enjoy. For fucks sake, the Aussies haven't had "the tour" yet. Nor have we seen if the band mix things up at all. Instead, there's full throttle negitivity that should be served up with razor blades. We'll revisit this after the next show, but I'm pretty sure Paul will be flying, gene breathing fire and puking blood, and them playing most to the same set. Still, three songs T least will be new Aussie performances....
Julian, you know what I was getting at...c'mon :shock:

BTW that's was towards Shupey and i didn't remove your quote HA!!
Last edited by bigdaddyb on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OHKISSFAN
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by OHKISSFAN »

Admin wrote:
"Seriously? I don't think too many would think this site full of fanboys. There is plenty of debate and discussion, but as usual there are some miseryguts type folk who just can't enjoy. For fucks sake, the Aussies haven't had "the tour" yet. Nor have we seen if the band mix things up at all. Instead, there's full throttle negitivity that should be served up with razor blades. We'll revisit this after the next show, but I'm pretty sure Paul will be flying, gene breathing fire and puking blood, and them playing most to the same set. Still, three songs T least will be new Aussie performances...."

shupey wrote:
"Amazing. Just amazing. I hope I never become as hate filled or as jaded toward KISS as some fans here are. Not only can you not allow yourself to suspend reality for an hour or two but you try to make it hard for those who want to enjoy the show. I get it. You don't like that they don't play 17 new songs each time they go out or that the stage resembles something some other band used some other time or that they breath fire, spit blood, fly through the air, shoot rockets, have Tommy and Eric in make-up they didn't invent etc... but does each show thread have to have all this whining? Is it really needed? Do us all a favor and go see U2 or The Stones or Justin Frickin Bieber."

AMEN!!! A-friggin-men my KISS Army brothers!!

:cheers:
bigdaddyb

Post by bigdaddyb »

Mike's KISS 1978 wrote:
bigdaddyb wrote:
Admin wrote:
Of course you should be able to speak your mind and share your feelings. No one here thinks that you should kiss KISS' ass and not voice displeasure, when you have it (and in the case of some, that is all they ever have). It is true that there are more than a few people here that only spew forth negativity and hateful shit, not only to KISS, but to those who are still having a good time with the band. After a while, it starts to grate on ones nerves. It's almost like if someone likes KISS and doesn't mind line-ups and make-ups, then there is something wrong with them and they are just sheep that should have their KISS Army cards revoked.

if it grates on someone's nerves....ignore, block the poster you don't like or don't read the thread so many options. I use it often.....and still enjoy my time here and discussing all things Kiss negative and positive.
Pollux
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Pollux »

Pretty cool set-list. I'd like to witness this show. Psycho, 3 songs from Monster, War Machine, God of, Fire House .. Me likes. To experience this alive would be awesome. Can't wait what they have for Europe. Few more songs for sure.
scottkfan1

Post by scottkfan1 »

is the monster tour-book gonna cost $ 4,200 with free shipping?
Necro Mustis
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Necro Mustis »

Seems that was a good show overall!!! The additions to the stage looks great...the split screen and the new towers...one question...the big screen moves to the sides of the stage and splits to 4 screens ...???
slipkid69
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by slipkid69 »

kingotnw wrote:

Meh... Band sounds better than they did overall. Paul still can't sing this song anymore, which is unfortunate.
How they can charge money for this abortion of a show is beyond me. There is a sucker born every minute! :roll:
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

Don't know if it was posted in this thread and I'm not bothered to go look for it, but what was the show length? 1h45m?
Mike's KISS 1978

Post by Mike's KISS 1978 »

cwr18 wrote:
Mike's KISS 1978 wrote: Hey, I am a Pearl Jam / 311 guy, so I have come to expect not to see the same show twice, on their tours.
Sorry, this is an unrealistic expectation. This band has over the top pyro, bombs and lighting effects that are timed to a second. It is not a show that can be flipped around on a dime. One or two songs that do not have effect-laden support could be changed, but the core songs linked to effects are always going to be in place for the respective tour.
Okay. Wasn't talking about KISS, here. I was talking about I have come to expect not to see the same show twice from 311 and Pearl Jam. All I was saying is that I would like to see KISS do different songs. I have stated time and time again how KISS are prisoners to their own stage show.

I keep my expectations very realistic. Sorry for the confusion, there :lol:
Mike's KISS 1978

bigdaddyb wrote:
Mike's KISS 1978 wrote:
bigdaddyb wrote:
Admin wrote:
Of course you should be able to speak your mind and share your feelings. No one here thinks that you should kiss KISS' ass and not voice displeasure, when you have it (and in the case of some, that is all they ever have). It is true that there are more than a few people here that only spew forth negativity and hateful shit, not only to KISS, but to those who are still having a good time with the band. After a while, it starts to grate on ones nerves. It's almost like if someone likes KISS and doesn't mind line-ups and make-ups, then there is something wrong with them and they are just sheep that should have their KISS Army cards revoked.

if it grates on someone's nerves....ignore, block the poster you don't like or don't read the thread so many options. I use it often.....and still enjoy my time here and discussing all things Kiss negative and positive.
Well, some of the people that I love most are the ones that do this :lol: So, I am fucked, bigdaddy! :wink:
cwr18

Post by cwr18 »

Mike's KISS 1978 wrote:
cwr18 wrote:
Okay. Wasn't talking about KISS, here. I was talking about I have come to expect not to see the same show twice from 311 and Pearl Jam. All I was saying is that I would like to see KISS do different songs. I have stated time and time again how KISS are prisoners to their own stage show.

No issues, brother! I'd be honored, btw, if you would call me a douche. :)
cwr18

Post by cwr18 »

Admin wrote:
bigdaddyb wrote:
Admin wrote:
BTW, have GOT and War Machine ever been played back to back before? That is a pretty cool 1-2 punch.
Mike's KISS 1978

cwr18 wrote:
Mike's KISS 1978 wrote:
cwr18 wrote:

Ahhh... you have been here a long time, since the days when "douche" was a big time term of endearment, here at Shangri-La. I quit calling people that because I wound up spending so much time explaining to all the people that would be like, "not cool, Mike!" that it was cool. It was soooooooooooo cool. :lol:

Anyway, you are a big ol' douche!
Last edited by Mike's KISS 1978 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cwr18

Post by cwr18 »

Mike's KISS 1978 wrote:
cwr18 wrote:
Mike's KISS 1978 wrote:
cwr18 wrote:

Ahhh... you have been here a long time, since the days when "douche" was a big time term of endearment, here at Shangri-La. I quit calling people that because I wound up spending so much time explaining to all the people that would be like, "not cool, Mike!" that it was cool. It was soooooooooooo cool. :lol:

Anyway, you are a big 'ol douche!
:D
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

scottkfan1 wrote:is the monster tour-book gonna cost $ 4,200 with free shipping?
No, it's free with $4200 S&H
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Anomaly wrote:Don't know if it was posted in this thread and I'm not bothered to go look for it, but what was the show length? 1h45m?
Nanna man , a real question would get lost in this thread, but I'd like to know that answer from some one that knows. :lol:
shandiatsea
Banned

Post by shandiatsea »

scottkfan1 wrote:
Admin wrote:
agree just sad really sad
Misery not only loves company, the truly miserable are always soliciting to indoctrinate new members.
Johnholmes
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Johnholmes »

Perth Meet & Greet Acoustic Set. KISS live in Perth.
Attachments
perthlive.jpg
acousticperth.jpg
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

Heh, smoke coming out of the lighting rigs, that's new.
VaughanGF
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by VaughanGF »

Just got up from a great night at Kiss. I found the gig was more about the spectacle than the setlist. People were having a great time and the place was nearly full. Just a few spare nosebleeds in the top left and right. Don't know what it holds, but there must have been 12 - 14000 in I would guess. The band looked and sounded terrific. I was expecting Paul to sound much worse based on my instant lives and youtube clips. I was really trying to detect strain in his voice but you just can't notice at the venue, it is bizarre. I was stoked he sounded so great. There were people saying how amazing it was he still had the voice. A highlight for the crowd was the Paul Love Gun bit. Audiences absolutely love that kind of stuff. As a joke, I yelled out "That's nice, now play Love Gun" after Shandi and it got a lot of laughs from people around me. I knew Love Gun was next because I was right next to the Paul stage near the sound desk, and it was obvious it was getting prepped for the next song. Shannon was around the sound desk between Motley Crue and Kiss and she was nice to all the fans who wanted a pic. I didn't get a pic with her due to the crowds but she seemed in very high spirits.

The crowd absolutely loved the show. Flattest moments were the Monster tracks, but I didn't get the sense people weren't enjoying them still. They just didn't know the words! Even though a lot of the raps were recycled, people were totally engaged with Paul when he spoke. A big Tommy chant broke out in my section during the rocket firing bit, and people gave a lot of cheers for Tommy and Eric when Eric did his thing with the bazooka. For another joke I yelled "Do it for Ace" when Eric held the bazooka up to Tommy, and that also got a few laughs in my section.

It was a terrific gig. Better than I expected given Paul's vocal issues. I sensed no animosity towards Tommy and Eric from the crowd. During their bit they got a huge reception. While the set might seem tired, believe me the massive crowd ate it up. I'm now convinced that Kiss live is an entirely different thing to what we get from youtube clips. I was stoked my phone internet worked most of the gig so I could post the songs live as they happened. Sorry for a the shorthand and typos, it was pretty bumpy in my section so I did the best I could.

After the show the buzz was great. People genuinely loved it. They must have made an absolute killing from merch sales, the lines were enormous before and after. All I saw were thousands of people who wanted the best and got the best. I'm so proud of my favourite band for putting on the show they did. if anyone left disappointed, and didn't notice them. It was a great buzz.

I hope the rest of Australia enjoys the gigs, they are in for a treat.
Sam T Serpent

Post by Sam T Serpent »

VaughanGF wrote:Just got up from a great night at Kiss. I found the gig was more about the spectacle than the setlist. People were having a great time and the place was nearly full. Just a few spare nosebleeds in the top left and right. Don't know what it holds, but there must have been 12 - 14000 in I would guess. The band looked and sounded terrific. I was expecting Paul to sound much worse based on my instant lives and youtube clips. I was really trying to detect strain in his voice but you just can't notice at the venue, it is bizarre. I was stoked he sounded so great. There were people saying how amazing it was he still had the voice. A highlight for the crowd was the Paul Love Gun bit. Audiences absolutely love that kind of stuff. As a joke, I yelled out "That's nice, now play Love Gun" after Shandi and it got a lot of laughs from people around me. I knew Love Gun was next because I was right next to the Paul stage near the sound desk, and it was obvious it was getting prepped for the next song. Shannon was around the sound desk between Motley Crue and Kiss and she was nice to all the fans who wanted a pic. I didn't get a pic with her due to the crowds but she seemed in very high spirits.

The crowd absolutely loved the show. Flattest moments were the Monster tracks, but I didn't get the sense people weren't enjoying them still. They just didn't know the words! Even though a lot of the raps were recycled, people were totally engaged with Paul when he spoke. A big Tommy chant broke out in my section during the rocket firing bit, and people gave a lot of cheers for Tommy and Eric when Eric did his thing with the bazooka. For another joke I yelled "Do it for Ace" when Eric held the bazooka up to Tommy, and that also got a few laughs in my section.

It was a terrific gig. Better than I expected given Paul's vocal issues. I sensed no animosity towards Tommy and Eric from the crowd. During their bit they got a huge reception. While the set might seem tired, believe me the massive crowd ate it up. I'm now convinced that Kiss live is an entirely different thing to what we get from youtube clips. I was stoked my phone internet worked most of the gig so I could post the songs live as they happened. Sorry for a the shorthand and typos, it was pretty bumpy in my section so I did the best I could.

After the show the buzz was great. People genuinely loved it. They must have made an absolute killing from merch sales, the lines were enormous before and after. All I saw were thousands of people who wanted the best and got the best. I'm so proud of my favourite band for putting on the show they did. if anyone left disappointed, and didn't notice them. It was a great buzz.

Thanks for the updates last night. I was about to goto sleep at 11:30 and lets just say i went to sleep at 1:30am lol.
VaughanGF
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by VaughanGF »

Sam T Serpent wrote:
VaughanGF wrote:Just got up from a great night at Kiss. I found the gig was more about the spectacle than the setlist. People were having a great time and the place was nearly full. Just a few spare nosebleeds in the top left and right. Don't know what it holds, but there must have been 12 - 14000 in I would guess. The band looked and sounded terrific. I was expecting Paul to sound much worse based on my instant lives and youtube clips. I was really trying to detect strain in his voice but you just can't notice at the venue, it is bizarre. I was stoked he sounded so great. There were people saying how amazing it was he still had the voice. A highlight for the crowd was the Paul Love Gun bit. Audiences absolutely love that kind of stuff. As a joke, I yelled out "That's nice, now play Love Gun" after Shandi and it got a lot of laughs from people around me. I knew Love Gun was next because I was right next to the Paul stage near the sound desk, and it was obvious it was getting prepped for the next song. Shannon was around the sound desk between Motley Crue and Kiss and she was nice to all the fans who wanted a pic. I didn't get a pic with her due to the crowds but she seemed in very high spirits.

Thanks for the updates last night. I was about to goto sleep at 11:30 and lets just say i went to sleep at 1:30am lol.
It was my pleasure doing the updates. I considered it my duty in the service of the Kiss Army. It was a real buzz posting the songs as they were happening, especially once my connection stayed good after the first 5 or so songs.
KISSTRONAUT
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

Mulder wrote:
WickedLynch wrote:Was that Tommy/Eric solo thing a big 'fuck you we're in KISS' to the haters?

I loved it, they raised up and pointed to each other then just stood there, 'yeah we're not the originals, fuck you who cares'
No, Thomas pointed at Eric and said "look, it's Peter". Eric looked at Thomas and said "look, its Ace".

True story. 8)

Damn you Mulder, quit making me laugh at stuff I don't like to laugh at. It's not fair and it makes me feel all wrong. :wink:
Johnholmes
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Johnholmes »

PERTH CONTROLS
Attachments
perthboard.jpg
Sam T Serpent

Post by Sam T Serpent »

Johnholmes wrote:PERTH CONTROLS
Interesting that Paul's vocals are lower than the rest.
VaughanGF
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by VaughanGF »

You could hear Paul loud and clear. It was a good mix.
KISSTRONAUT
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

It's good to see KISS back on stage and rockin' Australia. From the clips here, seems like Paul is doing some better and is using his voice a little wiser? The time off has helped some I believe.
steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

I'm looking forward to giving the scabs hell in Sydney :evil:
KISSTRONAUT
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

steveh67 wrote:I'm looking forward to giving the scabs hell in Sydney :evil:
Tommy and Eric don't deserve to be called that, but if it makes you feel all tough and cool, I'm sure they are big enough men to deal with childish taunts.
steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

KISSTRONAUT wrote:
Tommy and Eric don't deserve to be called that, but if it makes you feel all tough and cool, I'm sure they are big enough men to deal with childish taunts.
I'm paying to see them, so suck it up sunshine
KISSTRONAUT
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

steveh67 wrote:
KISSTRONAUT wrote:
I'm paying to see them, so suck it up sunshine
So you're an angry sheep.
Deleted User 32

Post by Deleted User 32 »

:lol: Just how do you propose to do that? Throw your dummy at them?
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

Robdaddy

Post by Robdaddy »

metaldad wrote:Those are Bad pix of Gene. His face seems too round for the makeup now. Age and Bad Plastic Surgery are a Bitch
True. The real problem, though, is that he keeps making the black makeup thinner/smaller as his face gets fatter. He needs to expand those wings!
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

kissjrj wrote:
kissjrj wrote:
What do you guys think of the platforms?
I noticed that there are some new things going on. I'll need to see a closer video though.
steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

kissjrj wrote:A short recap of the show:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/top-sto ... 6588077788
Gee Nikki Six has put on more weight since I last saw them in 2011.
metallian
Banned

Post by metallian »

SW wrote:

and if they werent on stage with two originals they would be playing to about 150 people
That's 50 more people than who would show up at an Ace show and 100 more people than who would show up at a Pete show.
Johnholmes
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Johnholmes »

PERTH RISERS.
Attachments
perthrisers.jpg
steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

firekiss wrote:
Nah I will throw pics of original kiss at them
Last edited by steveh67 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
metallian
Banned

Post by metallian »

Admin wrote:
metaldad wrote:
db99 wrote:I am sure it was a fun show, but this set list.... C'mon man...
It's always a Fun show but be carefull what you say about the Setlist , the fanboys are up in arms . How Dare You say Anything Bad about Kiss !
There is trouble in the forest,
And the creatures all have fled,
As the maples scream "Oppression!"
And the oaks just shake their heads...

And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw.
Put the tree in the shreader already.
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

Two more:
Attachments
b73222ba820511e2a67a22000a9f3cad_7.jpg
30f99084820511e2a7f322000a1f9a55_7.jpg
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

Personally I preferred the pre-video screens in front of the stairs The Tour stage...this one I don't care for.
metallian
Banned

Post by metallian »

steveh67 wrote:
andykiss78 wrote:
metaldad wrote:
andykiss78 wrote:Opening song: DRC
God forbid they should try something new
3 songs off of Monster not new enough for you?

Ah yes, AndyKISS78 returns.

Wet yourself yet?

You really get upset when people post about something they dont like, dont you.

Get over yourself.

Look in a mirror and repeat those words.
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

15 pages.
Deleted User 32

Post by Deleted User 32 »

steveh67 wrote:
firekiss wrote:
Nah I will throw pics of original kiss at them
I'll look for you. ALways a good laugh to watch a grown man act like a child. Rock on! :lol:
OblitzO
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by OblitzO »

Just got a message from my 21yo sister, another crüe fan doesn't like kiss. Her exact words were "kiss was fucking amazing". She thought crüe were ok.

I'm surprised. I think us diehards are jaded by the whole thing so we don't necessarily see just how good the show actually is.

For her to be more impressed with kiss when, she doesn't know the songs, doesn't particulary like them and crüe had the more impressive stage show is pretty cool to me.