Aussie Monster #6: Sydney, 3/10/13

shupey
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: Aussie Monster #6: Sydney, 3/10/13

Post by shupey » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:45 pm

Two things:

1. I like that they are shaking up the set list almost nightly.

2. They need to do a better job of picking songs to shake up the set list with (I know KISS fans are never happy)

oompa loompa
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by oompa loompa » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:15 pm

Nikki just tweeted
Nikki Sixx @NikkiSixx

Vince Neil is in surgery right now.He's a true warrior. I'm gonna write a full update on Facebook. Been texting with Vince all night

https://www.facebook.com/MotleyCrue?ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hey guys, I just woke here in Sydney. As many have heard we had to cut our set short by 4 songs last night due to Vince be in severe pain on stage.. He was doubled over on his dressing room floor 5 minutes till show time and was told by the promoter to not even play but Vince said he couldn’t do that to the fans. I’ve seen Vinnie go onstage with broken bones, his voice completely blown out and torn ligaments but he never ever cancels…Just like an athlete you sometimes have to play through the pain but last night it became to excruciating.
I was texting with Vince most of the night last night as he was just waiting for the doctor to come back with the test results. This morning we found out he had to be admitted into surgery to remove kidney stones. He Just got out 5 minutes ago and the doctors said everything went well in the operating room. I am going to the hospital to see him before I head to Brisbane. Will update you more later…Nikki

AstroWarped
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AstroWarped » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:56 pm

So Vince wimped out & had the surgery?

Capt. Kirk (Will Shatner) was Man enough to (Painfully), Piss his stones out (Ultrasound break-up) then Ebay the kidney Stones!! :evil:

Vince i'm just ribbing you dude! ;)

firekiss wrote:For anyone wondering where Vince ended up.

nightflight77
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by nightflight77 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:59 pm

oompa loompa wrote:
Nikki just tweeted
Nikki Sixx @NikkiSixx

Vince Neil is in surgery right now.He's a true warrior. I'm gonna write a full update on Facebook. Been texting with Vince all night

https://www.facebook.com/MotleyCrue?ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hey guys, I just woke here in Sydney. As many have heard we had to cut our set short by 4 songs last night due to Vince be in severe pain on stage.. He was doubled over on his dressing room floor 5 minutes till show time and was told by the promoter to not even play but Vince said he couldn’t do that to the fans. I’ve seen Vinnie go onstage with broken bones, his voice completely blown out and torn ligaments but he never ever cancels…Just like an athlete you sometimes have to play through the pain but last night it became to excruciating.
I was texting with Vince most of the night last night as he was just waiting for the doctor to come back with the test results. This morning we found out he had to be admitted into surgery to remove kidney stones. He Just got out 5 minutes ago and the doctors said everything went well in the operating room. I am going to the hospital to see him before I head to Brisbane. Will update you more later…Nikki
His voice is still shot that's why they use "backing tapes".

circusfreak
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by circusfreak » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:30 pm

Kiss has lost the plot. Perth was a 17 song setlist. They played 3 monster songs, God of thunder, I was made, Shandi. Now they're cutting the setlist, Gene's doing I love it loud from the lighting truss (it's a good song but absolutely sucks after the bass solo and Gene's elevation to the lighting truss, they've dropped I was made. I mean seriously, WTF? It was their most popular song and they're not playing in Australia.
Kiss should of played a longer set last night when Motley was cut short, they even came on 10 minutes early. I was psyched thinking we'd get more songs, but no, didn't happen. And seriously shock me? I was made for lovin' you gone, but shock me back in?
The crowd was abysmal, the entire upper level was curtained off, the back of the arena floor where Paul's love gun stage is only had like 100 people there. Worst Kiss show I've been too, hopefully Brisbane and Mackay will be better, they're close to sellouts.

Deleted User 32

Post by Deleted User 32 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:37 pm

circusfreak wrote:Kiss has lost the plot. Perth was a 17 song setlist. They played 3 monster songs, God of thunder, I was made, Shandi. Now they're cutting the setlist, Gene's doing I love it loud from the lighting truss (it's a good song but absolutely sucks after the bass solo and Gene's elevation to the lighting truss, they've dropped I was made. I mean seriously, WTF? It was their most popular song and they're not playing in Australia.
Kiss should of played a longer set last night when Motley was cut short, they even came on 10 minutes early. I was psyched thinking we'd get more songs, but no, didn't happen. And seriously shock me? I was made for lovin' you gone, but shock me back in?
The crowd was abysmal, the entire upper level was curtained off, the back of the arena floor where Paul's love gun stage is only had like 100 people there. Worst Kiss show I've been too, hopefully Brisbane and Mackay will be better, they're close to sellouts.
I've been to 29 Kiss shows and last night was as much fun as any other. Crowd size has never been something for me to worry about or use as a factor in determining how good a show is. I was hoping, like you and many others, that they'd play more songs after Motley cut short, but it wasn't to be.

I still had a great time. Especially after security removed the smelly, beer spilling drunk from behind me.

dute
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by dute » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:11 pm

firekiss wrote:
circusfreak wrote:Kiss has lost the plot. Perth was a 17 song setlist. They played 3 monster songs, God of thunder, I was made, Shandi. Now they're cutting the setlist, Gene's doing I love it loud from the lighting truss (it's a good song but absolutely sucks after the bass solo and Gene's elevation to the lighting truss, they've dropped I was made. I mean seriously, WTF? It was their most popular song and they're not playing in Australia.
I've been to 29 Kiss shows and last night was as much fun as any other. Crowd size has never been something for me to worry about or use as a factor in determining how good a show is. I was hoping, like you and many others, that they'd play more songs after Motley cut short, but it wasn't to be.

I still had a great time. Especially after security removed the smelly, beer spilling drunk from behind me.
You mean, you weren't staring at the crowd instead of the gigs? ;)

Glad you had a good time at the show, FK. :)

steveh67

Post by steveh67 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:03 pm

firekiss wrote:

Sounds like the same mofo I had to put up with at the Ace Frehley solo show in Melbourne back in 2010.

p.s I suspected the 2nd night would find some sections of the arena curtained off, it's a big arena compared to the old Sydney Ent Centre.

Deleted User 32

Post by Deleted User 32 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:16 am

steveh67 wrote:
firekiss wrote:

Sounds like the same mofo I had to put up with at the Ace Frehley solo show in Melbourne back in 2010.

p.s I suspected the 2nd night would find some sections of the arena curtained off, it's a big arena compared to the old Sydney Ent Centre.
Yep, they curtained the entire back section off and also moved the Destroyer section forward I think. The front section was only about 10 metres deep and nowhere near full. I did expect this, though. This second show went on sale and sold what it sold and they probably hoped they'd get a few walk ups on the night. Problem was, inbetween the show going on sale and show night, Gns and Roses, ZZ Top, Springsteen, The Darkness, Aerosmith and Van Halen all went on sale. Add previously announced shows by Deep Purple/Journey and Black Sabbath and you have a huge drain on funds for most people.

Still, the crowd was in fine voice for Kiss last night and the band looked to be enjoying themselves onstage.

Journey of 1000 Beers
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Journey of 1000 Beers » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:43 am

I was going to get tickets for the Monster Madness zone for Sunday but changed my mind and went on Saturday and could only get Gold reserve. :oops: oh well still had a good time!

1000000-2-1
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by 1000000-2-1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:47 am

15 songs is not enough.

Give Eric more songs.
Give Tommy more songs... and Gene.

C'mon Paul :lol:

Bruce Springsteen does like 30 songs per show.

Deleted User 32

Post by Deleted User 32 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:02 am

1000000-2-1 wrote:15 songs is not enough.

Give Eric more songs.
Give Tommy more songs... and Gene.

C'mon Paul :lol:

Bruce Springsteen does like 30 songs per show.

True, but Springsteen doesn't have three opening acts. 15 Kiss songs is never enough, but it was still a great nights entertainment, especially for someone like me who has Motley Crue in my five faavorite bands list and also loves Thin Lizzy.

cart25
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by cart25 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:59 pm

Funniest part of the night was at the end of Hotter Than Hell. Gene did the fire breathing and as the song finished Paul shouted "FIREHOUSE!"

dute

Post by dute » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:25 pm

[quote="cart25"]Funniest part of the night was at the end of Hotter Than Hell. Gene did the fire breathing and as the song finished Paul shouted "FIREHOUSE!"[/quote]

Shows how down-pat/scripted the show is sometimes, ha!