Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

User avatar
Starscream
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:15 pm

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by Starscream » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:08 pm

timstar78 wrote:Paul Stanley breaks into excerpts of the Doors' "Light My Fire" and "Heaven's On Fire" during a fire mishap in Adelaide:


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkNt5MLrijk
I really enjoyed the show, Paul was great in parts (particularly on DRC). But man, that Heaven's on Fire bit was painful to watch.

User avatar
Frehley's Vomit
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 11696
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:08 pm

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by Frehley's Vomit » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:36 pm

scottkfan1 wrote:
Frehley's Vomit wrote:My son had an awesome time. That's all that matters to me.
frehleys vomit your post put a smile on my face..thats what its all about
Absolutely. Nothing else mattered.

User avatar
froginsox
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1157
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:47 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by froginsox » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:22 pm

Starscream wrote:
timstar78 wrote:Paul Stanley breaks into excerpts of the Doors' "Light My Fire" and "Heaven's On Fire" during a fire mishap in Adelaide:


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkNt5MLrijk
I really enjoyed the show, Paul was great in parts (particularly on DRC). But man, that Heaven's on Fire bit was painful to watch.
That cannot be blamed on crappy Youtube audio...that was painful in person :D

User avatar
timstar78
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 16393
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:51 pm
Location: California

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by timstar78 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:31 pm

"God Of Thunder"


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FelhIY9d_1g

User avatar
NIGHTTHING
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 9844
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: KISStralia

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by NIGHTTHING » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:36 pm

During Paul's introduction for one song, he said it's called "I," stepped back from the mic, looked towards Gene...

And then, back at mic, completed the title... "I Love It Loud."

Anyone else think, for that second or so, we were gonna get a rarity?

Anomaly
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 22820
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by Anomaly » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:00 pm

timstar78 wrote:"God Of Thunder"


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FelhIY9d_1g
Yep, someone got fired that night. :lol:

User avatar
NIGHTTHING
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 9844
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: KISStralia

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by NIGHTTHING » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:08 pm

Anomaly wrote:
timstar78 wrote:"God Of Thunder"


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FelhIY9d_1g
Yep, someone got fired that night.
It's Gene's Adelaide curse. He never flies right, here.

User avatar
dute
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 17466
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:51 pm

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by dute » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:44 pm

I'm refraining from watching any of these videos or looking at images.
I'll see it all for myself tomorrow and Wednesday. :mrgreen:

Hope all who attended had a great time!

Anomaly
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 22820
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by Anomaly » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:56 pm

dute wrote:I'm refraining from watching any of these videos or looking at images.
I'll see it all for myself tomorrow and Wednesday. :mrgreen:

Hope all who attended had a great time!
Since I feel like being a dick I'll spoil it for you.

- Y'know the Van Halen "Panama" video where everyone's zipping around on that rope? Yeah, Paul and his chicken-feathers zip across the stage during HoH just like that.
- Gene looks absolutely ecstatic to fly now.
- Tommy does that one thing where he makes it sound like he's playing like Ace but he's not playing like Ace.
- Eric has four bass drums. He's impersonating Alex Van Halen now, headband, sunglasses, receding hairline, the whole sh-bang.

User avatar
NIGHTTHING
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 9844
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: KISStralia

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by NIGHTTHING » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:14 pm

dute wrote:... I'll see it all for myself tomorrow and Wednesday.
Hope all who attended had a great time!
Can't speak for all 40K, but I know we eight (and surrounding others) did.

You can't beat an outdoor rock show on a lovely warm night (with light breeze) - great sound, full pyro, huge crowd...

My four sons got many compliments about their KISS faces - which I painted during The Beards' funny set, with dozens of onlookers - and they had photos taken by many.

Hope the rest of the tour is so enjoyed.

Have fun, Dute.

User avatar
dute
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 17466
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:51 pm

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by dute » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Anomaly wrote:
dute wrote:I'm refraining from watching any of these videos or looking at images.
I'll see it all for myself tomorrow and Wednesday. :mrgreen:

Hope all who attended had a great time!
Since I feel like being a dick I'll spoil it for you.

- Y'know the Van Halen "Panama" video where everyone's zipping around on that rope? Yeah, Paul and his chicken-feathers zip across the stage during HoH just like that.
- Gene looks absolutely ecstatic to fly now.
- Tommy does that one thing where he makes it sound like he's playing like Ace but he's not playing like Ace.
- Eric has four bass drums. He's impersonating Alex Van Halen now, headband, sunglasses, receding hairline, the whole sh-bang.

That's it. You're going on my Ignore list.

NIGHTTHING wrote:
dute wrote:... I'll see it all for myself tomorrow and Wednesday.
Hope all who attended had a great time!
Can't speak for all 40K, but I know we eight (and surrounding others) did.

You can't beat an outdoor rock show on a lovely warm night (with light breeze) - great sound, full pyro, huge crowd...

My four sons got many compliments about their KISS faces - which I painted during The Beards' funny set, with dozens of onlookers - and they had photos taken by many.

Hope the rest of the tour is so enjoyed.

Have fun, Dute.
Glad you enjoyed it, as did your children.

Rated-R-Ron
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:36 am

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by Rated-R-Ron » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:24 pm

Holy shit! Paul sounded sublime doing that Doors bit.
He should write some tunes in that lower range and than maybe he could perform them and not sound like his dying half the time. What a shame.

User avatar
jayjtee
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1013
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:19 pm

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by jayjtee » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:59 pm

NIGHTTHING wrote:During Paul's introduction for one song, he said it's called "I," stepped back from the mic, looked towards Gene...

And then, back at mic, completed the title... "I Love It Loud." Anyone else think, for that second or so, we were gonna get a rarity?
I thought he was going to play I, until he continued the title, then I thought I Was Made For Loving You. It didnt even cross my mind I Love It Loud coz you would thing Gene would introduce his own song.... woudn't you?? Anyway
both bands put on great shows IMO Sadly Paul cant hit the high notes in IWMFLY anymore, that aside We enjoyed the show.

User avatar
AceInTheHole
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 950
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:45 am

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by AceInTheHole » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:06 am

NIGHTTHING wrote:
KISS Unmasked II wrote:There was a fire in the rafters, and Paul did an acapella version of The Doors "Light My Fire" as they bought the lighting rig down to extinguish it.
He actually sang a line or two of "Heaven's on Fire" just before the Doors song.
The "Light My Fire" lines were GREAT! That line or two of "Heaven's on Fire" was ABSOLUTELY BRUTAL! :(

User avatar
NIGHTTHING
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 9844
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: KISStralia

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by NIGHTTHING » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:34 am

jayjtee wrote:Anyway both bands put on great shows...
Well, not a fan, but Motley had a show - video, flames and girls - they just sounded crap. Bassy, murky and rough.

KISS' sound, by comparison, was huge and clear. Hell, the warm-up groups sounded better than MC.

User avatar
bluedog
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 808
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:15 am

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by bluedog » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:47 am

NIGHTTHING wrote:
kissjrj wrote:Tommy tweets:.. 40,000 maniacs
Wow, that was a great crowd!
:?: :?: :?:


And this report, http://www.kissfaq.com/forum11/viewtopi ... 38&t=84754" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, says:
With the circus back in town, the faithful were out in force - a 12,000-strong sellout...
So what was it, 12 000 or 40 000??????????????

:?: :?: :?:


I should point out however, that the same report said:
Things lulled a little in the middle as Kiss motored through plenty of tracks from their latest, 20th studio album Monster...
:roll: :roll: :roll:

andykiss78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1066
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:58 pm

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by andykiss78 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:25 am

It's the wrong review. This review is for Perth, not Adelaide.

The Clipsal 500 race sold out for the very first time in its 15 year history yesterday. There would have been at LEAST 40000 people stay around for the concert, considering there were 98000 people there for the day.

User avatar
NIGHTTHING
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 9844
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: KISStralia

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by NIGHTTHING » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:28 am

As I said: Great crowd!

Took forever to get out of the damn place.

User avatar
bluedog
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 808
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:15 am

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by bluedog » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:32 am

andykiss78 wrote:It's the wrong review. This review is for Perth, not Adelaide.

The Clipsal 500 race sold out for the very first time in its 15 year history yesterday. There would have been at LEAST 40000 people stay around for the concert, considering there were 98000 people there for the day.
Apologies for not reading carefullu enough.

Although the title did throw me.

andykiss78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1066
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:58 pm

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by andykiss78 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:44 am

bluedog wrote:
andykiss78 wrote:It's the wrong review. This review is for Perth, not Adelaide.

The Clipsal 500 race sold out for the very first time in its 15 year history yesterday. There would have been at LEAST 40000 people stay around for the concert, considering there were 98000 people there for the day.
Apologies for not reading carefullu enough.

Although the title did throw me.
No apology needed.

User avatar
jayjtee
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1013
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:19 pm

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by jayjtee » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:52 am

I heard on the news report tonight that there were 45,000 people in attendence. Getting back to the Crue this wasn't like the US where it was a joint headline show, Motley were always going to an inferrior sound as they were special guests. I have been attending concerts for nearly 30 years now and that is just the way it has always been. I felt for Kiss to allow the Crue their full stage show was very generous, they were visually stunning & my wife felt they were in fact better than Kiss. Though I can't say I agree, I certainly thought they more than held their own.

User avatar
metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 14144
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Rockin in the USA

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by metaldad » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:47 pm

It's the Monster tour but they took out a Monster song for Crazy Crazy Nights ? Ok

User avatar
Shane_Penney
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by Shane_Penney » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:50 pm

I like the setlist, but "Wall of Sound" has to come back. I'd like to hear "All For The Love Of Rock n Roll" as well.
Last edited by Shane_Penney on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KISSTRONAUT
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12566
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:01 am
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by KISSTRONAUT » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:42 pm

Shane_Penney wrote:I like the setlist, but "Wall of Sound" has to come back. I'd like to hear "All For The Love Of Rock n Roll" as well.

+1

User avatar
kissthat
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 18376
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Waterloo, SC

Re: Aussie Monster #2: Adelaide, 3/3/13

Post by kissthat » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:08 pm

After a break it's time for the main event. The 'Hot Zone' down the front has filled up and the rest of the concert area is packed with the biggest crowd for any concert in the races history.


http://www.mix1023.com.au/clipsal/clips ... P_0001-JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post Reply