"The Tour" Show 12: 8/5/12 - San Antonio, TX

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

"The Tour" Show 12: 8/5/12 - San Antonio, TX

Post by Admin »

Discussions, reviews, live-updates, meet-ups, etc!

Details:
http://www.kissfaq.com/KissFAQ-wiki/ind ... e_-_080512
simmons & stanley
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Re: "The Tour" Show 12: 8/5/12 - San Antonio, TX

Post by simmons & stanley »

got the motley gold package,which was my best bet to get as close as possible 10th row.early entrance has us meeting at se gate by 5:30.cant wait have been in mega kiss mode for the last week.my son 14 yr old i take to all the shows now that he's older cant wait to see this close,last time we were way further back.its gonna be awesome,bring it crue cause i know kiss will.
f2walsh
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by f2walsh »

I'll be there God willing!
TarynWay
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by TarynWay »

simmons & stanley wrote:got the motley gold package,which was my best bet to get as close as possible 10th row.early entrance has us meeting at se gate by 5:30.cant wait have been in mega kiss mode for the last week.my son 14 yr old i take to all the shows now that he's older cant wait to see this close,last time we were way further back.its gonna be awesome,bring it crue cause i know kiss will.

How soon before the show did they email you VIP details?
simmons & stanley
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

i checked my email and it was this past tuesday then again on weds.if you didnt get an email,just make sure your there at the southeast vip entrance and the southeast ticket tower by 5:30,or you wont get in early with the rest of the fans that got these packages.theres a check in table there,then its almost time to rock.so excited.dont forget your id and credit card that you used to buy the tickets,and the confirmation email of the purchase.kiss/crue \M/ !!!
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

THIS LUCKY FAN GOT ...TIX to KISS and CRUE !!
HAVE FUN!
TOMMY LEE ‏@MrTommyLand
After doors open @ 6pm i'll blast clues for 4 passes!!!!

VIP PASSES NEXT TO MEET CRUE!
(Tommy Lee is Hiding these each show ...Sure VIP is to Meet Crue but KISS TIX are in first HUNT!) I'll Post the Clues before tommorrows show ...see we can get TIX for a KISS FREAK...although Id think we'd have some if we are there?

VIP's found
Sophia Garza ‏@SophiaGarza26
@MrTommyLand THANK YOU!!!!!!

Just so KISS FANS know there under seats now
( as uppossed to bathrooms ~ Thanx Tommy)

TOMMY LEE ‏@MrTommyLand
Here's where they were!!!

NOW WE CONCENTRATE ON THE SHOW !! CRUE KISSSS !!
KIDGEO3

Post by KIDGEO3 »

I hope we get more updates from San Antonio than we did from Dallas
LoveGun07

Post by LoveGun07 »

Doesn't look like it's gonna happen, Kidge :lol:
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

KISS Must be jammin REAL SOON! ...Waitin for Updates .....I got a few in there ...hope they send pics and messages. :roll:

Nikki Sixx ‏@NikkiSixx
Sorry for the ass whooping San Antonio.....;)
f2walsh
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by f2walsh »

Ok, crue just came of and the road crew is getting ready for kiss. I can't wait! Crue was good and had a very cool stage. Kiss banner just dropped....
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

f2walsh wrote:Ok, crue just came of and the road crew is getting ready for kiss. I can't wait! Crue was good and had a very cool stage. Kiss banner just dropped....
:oops: Ahhhh TIMEZONES....LOL :oops:

WAHOOO!!! KIIISSSSS!!!! f2walsh ROXXX !
f2walsh
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by f2walsh »

Shout it out loud just over. Paul sounds great and overall sound is superb. What a show!!!!
f2walsh
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by f2walsh »

Killer war machine now!!!
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

Can't say Ive refreshed a Page so Much ....LOL....Sorry your newest post was me realizin' that :)

Refresh>>>Refresh >>Refresh>> :mrgreen:
BlairC42
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BlairC42 »

MONSTER Magnet wrote:Can't say Ive refreshed a Page so Much ....LOL....Sorry your newest post was me realizin' that :)

Refresh>>>Refresh >>Refresh>> :mrgreen:

Me too LOL
Shane_Penney
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Shane_Penney »

Arena show.

How is the crowd? This was another "late" addition to the tour, but not as late as the cancelled show. This one and Nashville were added about the same time.
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

Tonynmycity
@KISSOnline @MotleyCrue last song of the night me n my bro
BlairC42
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BlairC42 »

Some one on Facebook just said that the played Strutter as an encore!
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

BlairC42 wrote:Some one on Facebook just said that the played Strutter as an encore!
:mrgreen: PLEASE GOD!!! THATS GREAT !! :mrgreen:
BlairC42
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BlairC42 »

MONSTER Magnet wrote:
BlairC42 wrote:Some one on Facebook just said that the played Strutter as an encore!

It is!
:D
KISSFACE
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSFACE »

MONSTER Magnet wrote:
Cool, a new pattern forming? A different encore song each night?
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

KISSFACE wrote:
MONSTER Magnet wrote:
Cool, a new pattern forming? A different encore song each night?

have they strayed from the normal set before tonite???..I miss Sumpin'?

ohhhh ..........."COLD GIN" !! :oops:
f2walsh
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by f2walsh »

Strutter was indeed played before rnran! It was fantastic!

Paul flew but gene did not.

No black dog in tommies solo.

Got the curfew rap lol.

They blew the crue away!

Best show I've seen this year...they brought it for sure.

What year is this again?
f2walsh
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by f2walsh »

Treatment was good. I wougld say the place was 98% full.Pa :D ul said more people were in dallas.
The merch was Pricey but good...they ran out of kiss arm bands for $5 so I will gladly pay for anyone to snag one for me at a future show.
This is a must see show!!!
simmons & stanley
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

yes it was an awesome show,sucks my phone died pretty much after crue.strutter was an great surprise,gene not flying was a surprise.motley was good but overload on the theatrics,almost too much if thats possible.now motley on the sex song,its gets wet really wet and on the last song the throw out buckets of water..literly.and made the floor a mess,some slipping etc.i wonder if they did that shit on purpose now that i think about it.i hope not.overall kiss sounded great.cant wait for the actual monster tour,whever that is.btw the place id say was about 90%-95% full,just a guess.only the very upper level seats on the left and right had some empty seats.
LoveGun07

Post by LoveGun07 »

Hmmm....someone said a few shows back that Gene nearly lost his balance while on top of the lighting truss during God Of Thunder. I wonder if this has to do with him staying grounded for the past few shows?
drolaw

Post by drolaw »

Just got back from the concert. First impression is KISS BROUGHT IT!!! I think they did a better job than the last tour...HSOE.

- Motley cure sounded ok but I couldn't hear Tommy's drums except for his snare...(I'm a musician so I listen for those things..lol). The mix was horrible from where I was sitting
- The backup singers for Motley Crue are HOT!!!
- Vince sang better than I expected but still didn't "sing" the songs fluently if you know what I mean
- Tommy's drum solo was "visually" good but technically I wasn't impressed as it was too techno. I was disappointed as I love his drumming. I was expecting more from him
- Motley Crue did the usual 12 songs.
- MC started at 7:44 CDT
- Having not seen MC in awhile it was nice to watch a concert and not know what was coming.
- Good show from MC.

- Paul sounded good - better than expected
- They played the same set list as other nights but added Strutter as an encore which was a pleasant surprise
- Paul's said "we normally have a curfew but tonight we are gonna see if we can break it..." The place went nuts!!
- KISS had a lot of energy which I was surprised based on the comments from you know who on this board
- Eric was a monster - Considering the thread about Eric playing without emotional on this board I was happy to see Eric play like a monster
- Since this was at the AT&T center (arena) we got to enjoy A/C - no outside venue here
- Paul was on fire and flew
- Gene did not fly to the upper tier - no idea why guess there were problems
- Eric and Tommy sounded great during their solo spots. As a fan I've seen the shooting guitar a lot but my friends were in AWE so it was nice to see their reaction since it was new to them

I was expecting Motley Crue to be more energetic than KISS so I was happy KISS put on an excellent show. Best concert I've seen of KISS in awhile. Seriously, Paul and Eric were the stars of this concert. Eric's drums were mixed well. I could feel his bass drum from where I was sitting...I didn't get that from Tommy's (Lee) mix. Also, since I love double bass I was happy hear Eric add double bass in spades - the guy can play and he showed it tonight

I did take some pictures from my iPhone but they look like crap...if I get time during work tomorrow I'll post them.

I can say even though Motley Crue and KISS had limited sets I felt I got my money's worth.

If you're on the fence about going....GO!

One comment that got a lot of reaction was Paul mentioned Dallas had more attendance than San Antonio...Considering the AT&T center is an arena and it was almost sold out (only a few seats on the upper tiers from what I saw) people where like "fuck Dallas" LOL!!!

Anyway - best time I've had at a concert in a long time. and I've been to a few this year.

Go and see this tour unless you don't like to have fun :).
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

drolaw wrote:Just got back from the concert. First impression is KISS BROUGHT IT!!! I think they did a better job than the last tour...HSOE.

- Motley cure sounded ok but I couldn't hear Tommy's drums except for his snare...(I'm a musician so I listen for those things..lol). The mix was horrible from where I was sitting
- The backup singers for Motley Crue are HOT!!!
- Vince sang better than I expected but still didn't "sing" the songs fluently if you know what I mean
- Tommy's drum solo was "visually" good but technically I wasn't impressed as it was too techno. I was disappointed as I love his drumming. I was expecting more from him
- Motley Crue did the usual 12 songs.
- MC started at 7:44 CDT
- Having not seen MC in awhile it was nice to watch a concert and not know what was coming.
- Good show from MC.

- Paul sounded good - better than expected
- They played the same set list as other nights but added Strutter as an encore which was a pleasant surprise
- Paul's said "we normally have a curfew but tonight we are gonna see if we can break it..." The place went nuts!!
- KISS had a lot of energy which I was surprised based on the comments from you know who on this board
- Eric was a monster - Considering the thread about Eric playing without emotional on this board I was happy to see Eric play like a monster
- Since this was at the AT&T center (arena) we got to enjoy A/C - no outside venue here
- Paul was on fire and flew
- Gene did not fly to the upper tier - no idea why guess there were problems
- Eric and Tommy sounded great during their solo spots. As a fan I've seen the shooting guitar a lot but my friends were in AWE so it was nice to see their reaction since it was new to them

I was expecting Motley Crue to be more energetic than KISS so I was happy KISS put on an excellent show. Best concert I've seen of KISS in awhile. Seriously, Paul and Eric were the stars of this concert. Eric's drums were mixed well. I could feel his bass drum from where I was sitting...I didn't get that from Tommy's (Lee) mix. Also, since I love double bass I was happy hear Eric add double bass in spades - the guy can play and he showed it tonight

I did take some pictures from my iPhone but they look like crap...if I get time during work tomorrow I'll post them.

I can say even though Motley Crue and KISS had limited sets I felt I got my money's worth.

If you're on the fence about going....GO!

One comment that got a lot of reaction was Paul mentioned Dallas had more attendance than San Antonio...Considering the AT&T center is an arena and it was almost sold out (only a few seats on the upper tiers from what I saw) people where like "fuck Dallas" LOL!!!

Anyway - best time I've had at a concert in a long time. and I've been to a few this year.

Go and see this tour unless you don't like to have fun :).
Great review Drolaw! I've gotta say, i'm really looking forward to seeing them in a month. I'm assuming they swapped out Cold Gin for Strutter, that's a nice surprise and I certainly wouldn't mind them rotating that spot with a few songs this way you don't really know what to expect. Could easily see Deuce as another one of those songs.

This review made me so pumped!
Ace The Plumber

Post by Ace The Plumber »

could the energy they had tonight been because they weren't playing in 90 degree weather, and were in an air conditioned venue? here's a pic from the show
Attachments
578724_10151153767896412_2122410253_n.jpg
Evo999

Post by Evo999 »

Ace The Plumber wrote:could the energy they had tonight been because they weren't playing in 90 degree weather, and were in an air conditioned venue? here's a pic from the show
This is a good point. I've played a few gigs in outdoor humidity and it sucks the life out of you. I nearly passed out once. they probably do need to pace and be careful with the weather, stage lighting and pyro heat. It must be like a sauna up there.

Great review. I'll see them in Toronto in September, and the worst of the summer heat will be done by then, particularly in the evening.
Ace The Plumber

Evo999 wrote:
Ace The Plumber wrote:could the energy they had tonight been because they weren't playing in 90 degree weather, and were in an air conditioned venue? here's a pic from the show
This is a good point. I've played a few gigs in outdoor humidity and it sucks the life out of you. I nearly passed out once. they probably do need to pace and be careful with the weather, stage lighting and pyro heat. It must be like a sauna up there.

Great review. I'll see them in Toronto in September, and the worst of the summer heat will be done by then, particularly in the evening.
I live in san antonio, and even at 10pm it could be 90 degrees, humidity, and no breeze. that truly sucks
LoveGun07

Post by LoveGun07 »

I can't seem to find any videos from last nights tour....I look forward to hearing Strutter!
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

Just 1 ....I found a 2:00 clip [cut] of Detroit....

LoveGun07

Post by LoveGun07 »

MONSTER Magnet wrote:Just 1 ....I found a 2:00 clip [cut] of Detroit....

Thanks sir!
catmandoo
Banned

Post by catmandoo »

LoveGun07 wrote:Hmmm....someone said a few shows back that Gene nearly lost his balance while on top of the lighting truss during God Of Thunder. I wonder if this has to do with him staying grounded for the past few shows?

My GF mentioned that it looked like he lost his footing in Dallas, I didnt see it though. Maybe that's it?
Ace The Plumber

looks like the boys are still in town, and eating by the riverwalk. tommy was spotted also
Attachments
Azpmf47CQAEybsS.jpg
AzpgyICCQAACnd8.jpg
mr. makbleve
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by mr. makbleve »

I posted in my review of the Houston show that he lost his balance for an instant when he went up to the lights. Maybe he's had enough of going up there!
StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

mr. makbleve wrote:I posted in my review of the Houston show that he lost his balance for an instant when he went up to the lights. Maybe he's had enough of going up there!
He nearly lost his balance in Dallas as well....and the mic stand kept falling...he seemed pissed....
At any rate, great reviews guys!
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

Nice to see Gene take off the glasses and actually smile for those pictures.
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

IwLn__vizgk

Strutter...

Not as bad as 2009, but maybe Paul should consider another song.
Ace The Plumber

Tommy tweeted this one
Attachments
Azp7trlCMAA6Wbf.jpg