7/4/12 - Forum, London, England

Working_Man
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Re: 7/4/12 - Forum, London, England

Post by Working_Man »

https://twitter.com/#!/phoenixphil" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Detroit Rock City
Hell Or Hallelujah
Deuce
Makin' Love
I Love It Loud
Shock Me
fissaman
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by fissaman »

ILIL so soon... going to be a short gig again ?

Here's the t-shirt from Phil's Twitpic..

KIDGEO3
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by KIDGEO3 »

Wonder how Hell Or Hallelujah sounded..........
thewhip

Post by thewhip »

KIDGEO3 wrote:Wonder how Hell Or Hallelujah sounded..........
We should know in a little while. Hoping for a miracle.
KIDGEO3

Post by KIDGEO3 »

Not even one video yet?
Stanley! You look so cute
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

I bailed after Black Diamond. The heat in there was insane, everyone was soaked and trying to fan themselves. Saw a couple of people passed out from the heat and a girl getting carried out. Really unpleasant.

Kiss looked and sounded great, Paul's vocal problems are completely buried when you're actually there but I'm sure Youtube footage will highlight weaknesses.

For me the entire experience was ruined by the heat and humidity. Amazed that such a small venue was tropically hot with no air-con or ventilation.
KIDGEO3

Post by KIDGEO3 »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote:I bailed after Black Diamond. The heat in there was insane, everyone was soaked and trying to fan themselves. Saw a couple of people passed out from the heat and a girl getting carried out. Really unpleasant.

Kiss looked and sounded great, Paul's vocal problems are completely buried when you're actually there but I'm sure Youtube footage will highlight weaknesses.

For me the entire experience was ruined by the heat and humidity. Amazed that such a small venue was tropically hot with no air-con or ventilation.
Thanks for reporting back!!
totte6
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by totte6 »

People! Peeeeeeople! Where are the clips from HoH live? How was it? Any details?
Live2WintilIDie
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Live2WintilIDie »

KIDGEO3 wrote:
Stanley! You look so cute wrote:I bailed after Black Diamond. The heat in there was insane, everyone was soaked and trying to fan themselves. Saw a couple of people passed out from the heat and a girl getting carried out. Really unpleasant.

What did I Say?

14 Jun 2012 10:52

KISS plays London gig same set list as SBOE w/ new monstor as new single performed. (I was close) ala Oslo set-list

All that money goes to charity u just paid £55 a head to see the same set list ala May 12th & 13th 2010 and 1 NEW song...

2,450 ppl with more money than sence paid to see a show seen X many times over minus 1 NEW song big whoopie doo also the show was known as "The Tour" see the t shirt.

Look what I posted on 03 Jul 2012 14:26

It's very humid out my m8 said so "its gunna be hot as hell in there".

The heat issue will be a big concern for whom is going.

NUFF SAID.
Trance

Post by Trance »

We had very few videos coming from England during the Sonic Boom tour, is it possible that NOBODY filmed it?
Trance

Post by Trance »

Still nothing on YouTube.

Come on England, WTF?
Live2WintilIDie
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Live2WintilIDie »

Heat & himidity blanked their devices?
HankHabanero
Banned
Banned

Post by HankHabanero »

Live2WintilIDie wrote:Heat & himidity blanked their devices?

Yes. When Pippa Middleton lifted her skirt during Love Gun.
elagpa
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by elagpa »

100,000 years... decent quality

Muppet Butt
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Muppet Butt »

Sounds great!
nightflight77

Post by nightflight77 »

elagpa wrote:100,000 years... decent quality

Sounds great.
nickgr74
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by nickgr74 »

sounds decent!!!!!!!!!!!!
better than new orleans...
Rated-R-Ron
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Rated-R-Ron »

Decent is correct.
Looks like Pauly is trying in spots to go lower or falsetto, but can't help himself and still tries to belt and that's no good, no more.
The crows participation part is F'N ROUGH!! Cat's being run over... ouch!
Why are they still playing song anyway?
It's pretty stale at this point and vocally demanding for 2012 Paul, why not try say.. hmmmm.. Mr. Speed?
You Are Bad Phil
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by You Are Bad Phil »

This actually sounds really, really good, even if the song needs to be shelved.

I have only one complaint: can one of the stage hands remind Gene that his boots aren't nailed to one spot? That he's actually able to, you know, move around and pump up the crowd? I know, it's that complaint is about 10 years old at this point, but I still hope to see SOME kind of movement up there.
timstar78
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by timstar78 »

nightflight77

Post by nightflight77 »

timstar78 wrote:
This sounds good also. Anomaly where you hiding?
KISSTRONAUT
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

DRC! Very nice. I can't imagine being a kid at home back in 1977 in my room and being able to get on the internet and see clips from KISS from a show they performed in England the same day. Pretty cool.
toddroxx
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by toddroxx »

timstar78 wrote:
that was badass!!
nightflight77

Post by nightflight77 »

timstar78 wrote:
HOH ?
pallmall2

Post by pallmall2 »

KISS 2012 : AWESOME!
Anomaly

Post by Anomaly »

nightflight77 wrote:
timstar78 wrote:
This sounds good also. Anomaly where you hiding?
Excuse me for eating good BBQ and watching fireworks. Jeez, if you're so concerned about what I think why don't you just ask for my number?

EDIT: I thought this venue would be smaller?
Starryeyed Guy

Post by Starryeyed Guy »

I am tired of that song but they did a good job with it in london. Nice.
Anomaly

Post by Anomaly »

Detroit Rock City - I can't hear shit first verse, too much singing-along. First chorus is sounding solid. Big crack in second verse, other then that mostly good. Second chorus solid. Third verse, no no no. Third chorus sounded good, he's really been hitting these fine. Ha, Tommy fucked up a note, not that it ruined the song...fuck, why can't American crowds sing the solo for DRC? Europe does it and S. America does it, why can't we? Why? Because we're lazy fucks that's why. Fourth verse, "I gotta rock!!!" Nailed it. Scream at the end, nailed it AGAIN for the second gig in a row...unnecessary though but still he nailed it. Got sketchy there for a little bit, but overall he held it together. Other than New Orleans DRC has been his most solid song when it comes to playing live. As long as he doesn't over do it with the wailing he should be fine come The Tour.

100000 Years - Fuck me, this is just bad...and I'm in the first verse. Chorus and it's not getting better, wailing sounds like shit. Audience participation sounds like shit as well.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

Anomaly, do you scrutinize reunion era concerts as much?
Anomaly

Post by Anomaly »

gshaller wrote:Anomaly, do you scrutinize reunion era concerts as much?
If it sounds bad I'll say it sounds bad. I wasn't expecting '77 in '96, Ace never was a technical virtuoso and Peter at least kept time, he didn't have any of the flash he had before but he wasn't making songs unenjoyable for me. Hearing this singing coming in over the PA's not going to make me a happy camper, after I go see them, meh I could care less how he does in concert seeing how this year will be my last time seeing them. Let's just put it this way, in 2009 Paul's voice was just a minor annoyance for me, since then his voice has taken a nosedive South and it'll probably be a bigger distraction. As for Peter missing a couple cues and just keeping time in the Reunion era, didn't bother me one bit because it didn't screw up an entire concert like some people claim. As for Ace not hitting every single solo 100%, wasn't expecting him too, he wasn't the most precise guitarist in the 70's so why would I be expecting it all of a sudden? He may have flubbed a couple notes but it didn't bother me at all, if you're looking for precision musicianship in a live group you're looking at the wrong band. Besides, Ace's fuck-ups also didn't derail a concert as badly as some people like to think.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

Anomaly wrote:
If it sounds bad I'll say it sounds bad. I wasn't expecting '77 in '96, Ace never was a technical virtuoso and Peter at least kept time, he didn't have any of the flash he had before but he wasn't making songs unenjoyable for me. Hearing this singing coming in over the PA's not going to make me a happy camper, after I go see them, meh I could care less how he does in concert seeing how this year will be my last time seeing them. Let's just put it this way, in 2009 Paul's voice was just a minor annoyance for me, since then his voice has taken a nosedive South and it'll probably be a bigger distraction. As for Peter missing a couple cues and just keeping time in the Reunion era, didn't bother me one bit because it didn't screw up an entire concert like some people claim. As for Ace not hitting every single solo 100%, wasn't expecting him too, he wasn't the most precise guitarist in the 70's so why would I be expecting it all of a sudden? He may have flubbed a couple notes but it didn't bother me at all, if you're looking for precision musicianship in a live group you're looking at the wrong band. Besides, Ace's fuck-ups also didn't derail a concert as badly as some people like to think.
So... no?
nightflight77

Post by nightflight77 »

Anomaly wrote:Detroit Rock City - I can't hear shit first verse, too much singing-along. First chorus is sounding solid. Big crack in second verse, other then that mostly good. Second chorus solid. Third verse, no no no. Third chorus sounded good, he's really been hitting these fine. Ha, Tommy fucked up a note, not that it ruined the song...fuck, why can't American crowds sing the solo for DRC? Europe does it and S. America does it, why can't we? Why? Because we're lazy fucks that's why. Fourth verse, "I gotta rock!!!" Nailed it. Scream at the end, nailed it AGAIN for the second gig in a row...unnecessary though but still he nailed it. Got sketchy there for a little bit, but overall he held it together. Other than New Orleans DRC has been his most solid song when it comes to playing live. As long as he doesn't over do it with the wailing he should be fine come The Tour.

100000 Years - Fuck me, this is just bad...and I'm in the first verse. Chorus and it's not getting better, wailing sounds like shit. Audience participation sounds like shit as well.
See only a shit like you is going to go verse by verse and pick out all the missed notes by Paul.
Spirited
Location: In the Ace Avatar Bunker, planning world domination

Post by Spirited »

gshaller wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
So... no?
To be fair, he was asked this.

Paul's vocals are a lot more jarring than any mistakes Ace and Peter made in 1996. (Or Paul and Gene for that matter)
nightflight77

Post by nightflight77 »

Spirited wrote:
gshaller wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
So... no?

Paul's vocals are a lot more jarring than any mistakes Ace and Peter made in 1996. (Or Paul and Gene for that matter)
So to you the vocals in DRC London are jarring?
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

nightflight77 wrote:
Anomaly wrote:Detroit Rock City - I can't hear shit first verse, too much singing-along. First chorus is sounding solid. Big crack in second verse, other then that mostly good. Second chorus solid. Third verse, no no no. Third chorus sounded good, he's really been hitting these fine. Ha, Tommy fucked up a note, not that it ruined the song...fuck, why can't American crowds sing the solo for DRC? Europe does it and S. America does it, why can't we? Why? Because we're lazy fucks that's why. Fourth verse, "I gotta rock!!!" Nailed it. Scream at the end, nailed it AGAIN for the second gig in a row...unnecessary though but still he nailed it. Got sketchy there for a little bit, but overall he held it together. Other than New Orleans DRC has been his most solid song when it comes to playing live. As long as he doesn't over do it with the wailing he should be fine come The Tour.

See only a shit like you is going to go verse by verse and pick out all the missed notes by Paul.
Wow. Dude, let's chill out with that name calling.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

Spirited wrote:
gshaller wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
So... no?

See, I'm not really talking about making mistakes, or missing notes.
I guess it's subjective. Some shit bothers some folks.
Spirited

Post by Spirited »

nightflight77 wrote:
Spirited wrote:
gshaller wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
So... no?

Where did I say that?

DRC is a song Paul can handle better than some others. It sure as hell isn't great but it could be worse.
nightflight77

Post by nightflight77 »

gshaller wrote:
nightflight77 wrote:

Wow. Dude, let's chill out with that name calling.
He calls it like he hears it and so do I. Anomaly knows I'm only kidding. :wink:
nightflight77

Post by nightflight77 »

Spirited wrote:
nightflight77 wrote:
Spirited wrote:
gshaller wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
So... no?

Where did I say that?

DRC is a song Paul can handle better than some others. It sure as hell isn't great but it could be worse.
I'm just asking you if DRC was jarring? We post a clip and you bring up jarring vocals. So I asked?
nightflight77

Post by nightflight77 »

gshaller wrote:
Spirited wrote:
gshaller wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
So... no?

See, I'm not really talking about making mistakes, or missing notes.
I guess it's subjective. Some shit bothers some folks.
I really think if you put the haters and the sheep from row at any Kiss concert that everyone would have a great time. London Show seemed to have a great vibe to it. They sound good and everyone seemed to have a great time.
Spirited

Post by Spirited »

nightflight77 wrote:
Spirited wrote:
nightflight77 wrote:
Spirited wrote:
gshaller wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
So... no?

Where did I say that?

I'm just asking you if DRC was jarring? We post a clip and you bring up jarring vocals. So I asked?

I meant his vocals in general, especially at their worst. The clip from Oslo the other night being one example. Jarring. The two from this show, DRC is so so, 100,000 Years is just bad.
j2m1979

Post by j2m1979 »

if everyone had fun...that's all good
nightflight77

Post by nightflight77 »

Spirited wrote:
nightflight77 wrote:
Spirited wrote:
nightflight77 wrote:
Spirited wrote:
gshaller wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
So... no?
accurst

Where did I say that?

I meant his vocals in general, especially at their worst. The clip from Oslo the other night being one example. Jarring. The two from this show, DRC is so so, 100,000 Years is just bad.

If you listen to the clip from tonight you should here a much better recording of the whole band, so that really the reason Paul sounds better, i.e. "They always sound better live quote." Listen to the bands sound from the last 2 shows. Not even close to the same. But do you really think the band sounded like Oslo live, no it was out door and a bad recording.
Deleted User 4429

Post by Deleted User 4429 »

Where the bloody hell is that video?! :?
Ratmir

Post by Ratmir »

Wow, this set list is so not exciting.
Zeegratar
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Zeegratar »

I don't know. The show looked kinda boring to me. Wasn't there, but they seem a bit tired.
kissgod
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by kissgod »

Can't believe it's taken this long for something to show up.
Last edited by kissgod on Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liveshowz
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Liveshowz »

A quick review of the show..

Was it there best ? Hell No.. But good clean fun was had by all..
We got a full (albeit short) Kiss show with all whistles and bells..
I tell ya.. The end of Black Diamond and Rock And Roll All Nite came close to the infamous Bremen(?) Psycho Circus show..
You'll see when the footage pops up..

Funny stuff.. Makin' Love was in 2 parts.. And 'Hell'.. What's there to say.. Again not their best.. But it was played in a very agrressive way..
I like it... Came close to 'Revenge' Kiss..

At certain points I thought I was in Brazil as 2400 Kiss fans (and yes.. They were all fans.. not much invite/vip who just show up..) started singin' the guitarsolo's..

And what is it with Britain and Crazy Crazy Nights ? When they started that the roof got blown off..

And thanks to Doc for gettin' my wife and son in (without me knowing..)
elagpa
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by elagpa »

Finally :)

kissgod
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by kissgod »

elagpa wrote:Finally :)