"The Tour" Show 3: 7/22/12 - Raleigh, NC

Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Re: "The Tour" Show 3: 7/22/12 - Raleigh, NC

Post by 1111976 »

seattlekissfan wrote:I think they were pacing themselves through this 4-in-a-row start. I'll bet that there will be longer sets (2 -3 songs tops) when they have more rest in between shows. But maybe expect the 12-song set to come back when they're doing three in a row. And just my luck, my show is one of those (Phoenix). Guess we'll find out Tuesday .
So, you are no longer a Seattle KISS fan?
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

asamphord wrote:
Anomaly wrote: KISS promised in 2009 and 2010 that they would play for two and a half hours...and they did.
no they didn't. They hovered around the two hour mark.
Really? Thought I checked my watch at Cobo and Chicago in '09 and it was a 2:30 concert? Heh, guess I am going senile. :lol:
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

Dude PAUL STABBED AN AMP AND IT BLEED..!! He wore the Chickens ...FIX GENES BOOTS ,...and Im in :lol: :lol:
seattlekissfan
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by seattlekissfan »

1111976 wrote:
seattlekissfan wrote:I think they were pacing themselves through this 4-in-a-row start. I'll bet that there will be longer sets (2 -3 songs tops) when they have more rest in between shows. But maybe expect the 12-song set to come back when they're doing three in a row. And just my luck, my show is one of those (Phoenix). Guess we'll find out Tuesday .
So, you are no longer a Seattle KISS fan?
No, I still am. Gonna miss the White River show cuz non-KISS friends from the East Coast are gonna be in town. I have a sister in Phoenix who wanted to go to the show, so I figured that would work. Phoenix in August. Sheesh.
mrdeuce
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by mrdeuce »

Diss wrote:
LoveGun07 wrote:I have to say it doesn't bother me, but maybe it's because I'm not paying for tickets. But I think it's a fine setlist. I've seen tours run this length before, REO and Styx come to mind from a few years ago. But I think the short set is good for Paul's voice and still is a nice collection of the bands songs.
It wouldn't bother me so much either if they just hadn't gone out of their way to advertise 90-minute sets by each band AND if they wouldn't go through this WorldWide Wrestling acting crap every night acting like they're shocked and surprised that they have to end the show early.

It's very simple. At the initial press conference, when they were asked about set lengths, just say something like, "Sets won't be quite as long as if either band was a sole headliner, but we can guarantee everyone will be satisfied by this show," or something to that effect. Asses covered.

The way they're handling this now is just moronic.
About sums it up for me, too. I had a great time at the Bristow show. Motley was great - way above my expectations. KISS was great, and I liked the new stage. Just way too short. The whole "curfew" thing three nights in a row is just a joke. So when this tour hits the couple of arena dates scheduled, they'll be playing on for several more songs? I'm not so sure any more. I'd love to see the Paul solo, Tommy/Eric jam, and a bit more banter cut - you could probably squeeze in at least two more songs.

I really hate losing Deuce. I never tire of that one. On the plus side, they did finally drop 100,000 Years, and Let Me Go RAR, so that was a nice change to things.
asamphord
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by asamphord »

Anomaly wrote:
asamphord wrote:
Anomaly wrote: KISS promised in 2009 and 2010 that they would play for two and a half hours...and they did.
Really? Thought I checked my watch at Cobo and Chicago in '09 and it was a 2:30 concert? Heh, guess I am going senile. :lol:
I'll double check the concert live recordings when I get home from work, but I'm pretty sure the only time KISS has come close to 2 and half hours were a couple of the early shows on the Revenge tour when they played 26 songs.
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Anomaly wrote:
asamphord wrote:
Most 2010 shows hovered around the 2h15minute mark.Charlotte 2010 is that length,so is Atlanta and Scranton.Don't feel like checking anymore.
LoveGun07
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by LoveGun07 »

Diss wrote:
LoveGun07 wrote:I have to say it doesn't bother me, but maybe it's because I'm not paying for tickets. But I think it's a fine setlist. I've seen tours run this length before, REO and Styx come to mind from a few years ago. But I think the short set is good for Paul's voice and still is a nice collection of the bands songs.
It wouldn't bother me so much either if they just hadn't gone out of their way to advertise 90-minute sets by each band AND if they wouldn't go through this WorldWide Wrestling acting crap every night acting like they're shocked and surprised that they have to end the show early.

It's very simple. At the initial press conference, when they were asked about set lengths, just say something like, "Sets won't be quite as long as if either band was a sole headliner, but we can guarantee everyone will be satisfied by this show," or something to that effect. Asses covered.

The way they're handling this now is just moronic.
You make some very good points, Diss. If it is indeed an act I wish they would just drop that part of it. Just play 75 minutes and call it a day

On a positive note, I think Paul is sounded much much better
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

asamphord wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
asamphord wrote:
I'll double check the concert live recordings when I get home from work, but I'm pretty sure the only time KISS has come close to 2 and half hours were a couple of the early shows on the Revenge tour when they played 26 songs.
SBOE/HSOE shows were rather lengthy I believe, 21 shows with lengthy banter and full solos...perhaps that was the 2.5 hour one. Cobo was like 19 songs, Chicago was like 17. :lol:
metallian
Banned

Post by metallian »

I saw KISS twice on the "Sonic Boom/Hottest Show On Earth" tour (MA and CT). One show was 2 hours 15 minutes long, the other was 2 hours 20 minutes long.
asamphord

Post by asamphord »

metallian wrote:I saw KISS twice on the "Sonic Boom/Hottest Show On Earth" tour (MA and CT). One show was 2 hours 15 minutes long, the other was 2 hours 20 minutes long.

so.... generally about 15 minutes shorter than what they promised then?? so that's about the same as this tour then?? :lol:
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

asamphord wrote:
metallian wrote:I saw KISS twice on the "Sonic Boom/Hottest Show On Earth" tour (MA and CT). One show was 2 hours 15 minutes long, the other was 2 hours 20 minutes long.

so.... generally about 15 minutes shorter than what they promised then?? so that's about the same as this tour then?? :lol:
Well what would you be happier with 2:15 of a show with 21 songs or 1:15 of a show with 12 songs?
Spirited
Location: In the Ace Avatar Bunker, planning world domination

Post by Spirited »

Anomaly wrote:
asamphord wrote:

Well what would you be happier with 2:15 of a show with 21 songs or 1:15 of a show with 12 songs?
I figure they can cut 15 minutes off each week and soon not play at all, and everyone will be ok with it.
asamphord

Post by asamphord »

Anomaly wrote:
asamphord wrote:

My happiness level stays the same all the time, because I am in control of my own happiness and I don't let it get affected by things such as KISS set-length. Every KISS show I've ever been to has been too short, except for Vancouver 1999, they were playing very sloppily, and they went on late so they could play at midnight, and midnight in Vancouver is like 3:00 AM in the eastern time zone that I'm used to, so I was really tired and when the show ended I thought "that was long enough."
Philly Cheese

Post by Philly Cheese »

All this "KISS is giving us the curfew line" talk is nonsense.

Unless I am mistaken, they have always played 90 minutes +, even when Paul's voice was at its worst.

This is clearly the product of the timing issues of a three-band show changeover, (two of which have massive productions, by any standard), as several wise people have explained.

This is inexcusable, lousy planning, and they should absolutely find a way to remedy this, but to say KISS is deliberately cutting the set to save Paul's voice/cheat fans/lie, simply doesn't jive with their recent history.
asamphord

Post by asamphord »

Philly Cheese wrote:All this "KISS is giving us the curfew line" talk is nonsense.

Unless I am mistaken, they have always played 90 minutes +, even when Paul's voice was at its worst.
When KISS opened for Aerosmith their sets were about 75-80 mins.
jestor92

Post by jestor92 »

12 songs while playing with a shitty opener. Unless they change the set up a bit I won't be going to see them on this tour.
metallian
Banned

Post by metallian »

asamphord wrote:

They didn't promise anything time-wise on the "Sonic Boom/Hottest Show On Earth" tour. I was surprised they went over 11:00 p.m. and kept playing for another 15/20 minutes.
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

Philly Cheese wrote:All this "KISS is giving us the curfew line" talk is nonsense.

This is clearly the product of the timing issues of a three-band show changeover, (two of which have massive productions, by any standard), as several wise people have explained.

This is inexcusable, lousy planning, and they should absolutely find a way to remedy this, but to say KISS is deliberately cutting the set to save Paul's voice/cheat fans/lie, simply doesn't jive with their recent history.
asamphord

Post by asamphord »

metallian wrote:
asamphord wrote:

They didn't promise anything time-wise on the "Sonic Boom/Hottest Show On Earth" tour. I was surprised they went over 11:00 p.m. and kept playing for another 15/20 minutes.
Oh, I thought Anomaly said they promised a 2 and a half hour show.
metallian
Banned

Post by metallian »

asamphord wrote:

When KISS opened for Aerosmith their sets were about 75-80 mins.
It was reported that KISS ended up playing their full set while Aerosmith ended up having to drop some songs at a few shows due to the curfew.
They eventually got it straightened out.
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

asamphord wrote:
metallian wrote:
asamphord wrote:

Swear I heard for one (or both) they did, for only 17 and 19 songs those 2009 concerts went on for a looooooooong time.
metallian
Banned

Post by metallian »

asamphord wrote:
metallian wrote:
asamphord wrote:

When has KISS ever played a 2 1/2 hour show? Never. It's just talk.

Since the "Hot In The Shade" tour they've been playing 2 hour sets. IMO, anything after 2 hours is gravy. 90 minutes headlining sets are far too short.
2 hours is good. 2 hours 15/20 minutes is cool.
thewhip

Post by thewhip »

Spirited wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
asamphord wrote:

I figure they can cut 15 minutes off each week and soon not play at all, and everyone will be ok with it.
Exactly. After all, they are in their sixties and have health concerns. It's not their fault they scheduled the tour. We should be more understanding and give them a lot of money. They can't be expected to sing songs or move around. The bombast (whatever the fuck that is) should be enough. If it's not, then you never liked KISS...ever.
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

thewhip wrote:
Spirited wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
asamphord wrote:

Exactly. After all, they are in their sixties and have health concerns. It's not their fault they scheduled the tour. We should be more understanding and give them a lot of money. They can't be expected to sing songs or move around. The bombast (whatever the fuck that is) should be enough. If it's not, then you never liked KISS...ever.
Yes! Who are we to ask them to play 90 minutes? Who are we to ask them to play 60 minutes? Shit, who are we to ask them to play at all? Just give them your money, shut up, and enjoy the show. If you don't like any part of it? Get the HELL out. This is a very difficult time for KISS after all, be thankful we still have them. :P
Philly Cheese

Post by Philly Cheese »

thewhip wrote:
Spirited wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
asamphord wrote:

I like how you guys who wouldn't go to see the current lineup play for any length of time, complain about the short sets now... That seems very reasonable, and not at all like miserable people investing loads of time in something they despise, and criticizing stuff they have no intention of participating in... Good grief. :roll:
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

Philly Cheese wrote:
thewhip wrote:
Spirited wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
asamphord wrote:

I like how you guys who wouldn't go to see the current lineup play for any length of time, complain about the short sets now... That seems very reasonable, and not at all like miserable people investing loads of time in something they despise, and criticizing stuff they have no intention of participating in... Good grief. :roll:
I'm going to go see them in two months, is my opinion valid?
asamphord

Post by asamphord »

Anomaly wrote:
I'm going to go see them in two months, is my opinion valid?
only for you. :mrgreen:
thewhip

Post by thewhip »

Philly Cheese wrote:
thewhip wrote:
Spirited wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
asamphord wrote:

I've got tickets, fucker. I'm driving two hours to Tulsa with my family to hear 12 songs. I'm pissed. Shouldn't be a curfew at an indoor venue. But I bet there will be.
asamphord

Post by asamphord »

thewhip wrote:
I've got tickets, fucker. I'm driving two hours to Tulsa with my family to hear 12 songs. I'm pissed. Shouldn't be a curfew at an indoor venue. But I bet there will be.
It is your choice to be pissed. It is just as easy to choose to be happy. It is up to you!
Spirited
Location: In the Ace Avatar Bunker, planning world domination

Post by Spirited »

Philly Cheese wrote:
thewhip wrote:
Spirited wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
asamphord wrote:

I am not complaining. I can see the humour in it all.
thewhip

Post by thewhip »

asamphord wrote:
thewhip wrote:
It is your choice to be pissed. It is just as easy to choose to be happy. It is up to you!
You're full of shit. It's way easier to be pissed. Everybody knows that. :x
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

asamphord wrote:
thewhip wrote:
Come on man, if you drove four hours round trip just to get 12 songs and shortened sets from both bands surely you would be disappointed in that?

Wait who am I kidding, of course you wouldn't...Paul could trip, fall, and break his leg during DRC and then cancel and you'd be there with the devil horns going "RAWK N ROLL!!!!" :wink:
13marcello

Post by 13marcello »

Maybe if each of us here purchase a $4300 Monster Book (a must for every KISS fan) KISS can play longer and pay these outlandish curfew fines.
asamphord

Post by asamphord »

thewhip wrote:
asamphord wrote:
thewhip wrote:
You're full of shit. It's way easier to be pissed. Everybody knows that. :x
My intestines may be full of shit, but I find it's easier to be happy with a little practice. Plus it's so much more fun to be happy than it is to be pissed!
Philly Cheese

Post by Philly Cheese »

Spirited wrote:
Philly Cheese wrote:
thewhip wrote:
Spirited wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
asamphord wrote:

Uh-huh... semantics... (but, then again, you know that).
asamphord

Post by asamphord »

Anomaly wrote:
Come on man, if you drove four hours round trip just to get 12 songs and shortened sets from both bands surely you would be disappointed in that?

Wait who am I kidding, of course you wouldn't...Paul could trip, fall, and break his leg during DRC and then cancel and you'd be there with the devil horns going "RAWK N ROLL!!!!" :wink:

nah, they'd play as a trio and I'd get a special unique show!

I drove five hours to see the original 4 in Columbus, GA and Peter wasn't able to play. Some people were pissed. I thought it was an amazing unique experience that would be shared by only a few and felt blessed and honored to have been able to experience it.
asamphord

Post by asamphord »

Philly Cheese wrote:
Spirited wrote:
Philly Cheese wrote:
thewhip wrote:
Spirited wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
asamphord wrote:

Uh-huh... semantics... (but, then again, you know that).
well you know Spirit would hate to be known as an anti-semantic!
Philly Cheese

Post by Philly Cheese »

Just to see if I could "see the humour in it", I just tried the "Hater Technique"...

I drove repeatedly to a restaurant I no longer eat at, and complained incessantly about the lousy food (and the small portions), and ridiculed the customers who were there enjoying a meal.

People rolled their eyes too...
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

asamphord wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

I drove five hours to see the original 4 in Columbus, GA and Peter wasn't able to play. Some people were pissed. I thought it was an amazing unique experience that would be shared by only a few and felt blessed and honored to have been able to experience it.
Say they then ended the concert though with my proposed scenario.
asamphord

Post by asamphord »

Philly Cheese wrote:Just to see if I could "see the humour in it", I just tried the "Hater Technique"...

I drove repeatedly to a restaurant I no longer eat at, and complained incessantly about the lousy food (and the small portions), and ridiculed the customers who were there enjoying a meal.

People rolled their eyes too...

but did you talk about how great the restaurant used to be?
KISS Unmasked II
Banned

Post by KISS Unmasked II »

Spirited wrote:
Diss wrote: Really? It will take you TEN SHOWS of the same excuse to concede? Wow. You are full of delicious Kool-Aid. I'll say this. I'll give them until show four. If they're still playing the same set at that point, and especially if Paul says the same thing, then I'm calling bullshit. Complete and utter.

If they get things together and do the 90 minutes by the next show (AS ADVERTISED over and over again), then I'll still think Paul's lame acting about the "power being shut down" is pathetic, but I will understand somewhat and give them a pass.

10 shows.

:lol:
Sometimes it's like I'm talking to children !
When I said 10 shows it was just a number I threw out there to make a point. I'm thinking they will be doing their best to rectify this problem by the next show. Why so literal ?
8)
asamphord

Post by asamphord »

KISS Unmasked II wrote:
Spirited wrote:
Diss wrote: Really? It will take you TEN SHOWS of the same excuse to concede? Wow. You are full of delicious Kool-Aid. I'll say this. I'll give them until show four. If they're still playing the same set at that point, and especially if Paul says the same thing, then I'm calling bullshit. Complete and utter.

If they get things together and do the 90 minutes by the next show (AS ADVERTISED over and over again), then I'll still think Paul's lame acting about the "power being shut down" is pathetic, but I will understand somewhat and give them a pass.

10 shows.

When I said 10 shows it was just a number I threw out there to make a point. I'm thinking they will be doing their best to rectify this problem by the next show. Why so literal ?
8)
if you want to throw out a number to make a point, I'd go with 4 it has many points, and a couple of jagged edges, so probably more effective.
gshaller
A really important Kiss fan!
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by gshaller »

asamphord wrote:
KISS Unmasked II wrote:
Spirited wrote:

10 shows.

8)
if you want to throw out a number to make a point, I'd go with 4 it has many points, and a couple of jagged edges, so probably more effective.
I'd go with pi. It's almost as much as 4 and it has a point in it.
asamphord

Post by asamphord »

gshaller wrote:
asamphord wrote:
KISS Unmasked II wrote:
Spirited wrote:

10 shows.

8)
I'd go with pi. It's almost as much as 4 and it has a point in it.
that's not a point, that's a decimal!
asamphord

Post by asamphord »

Anomaly wrote:
asamphord wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

but... they wouldn't do that... i can't even consider it hypothetically... Paul was sick, they played as a 3 piece without him... the show must go on... Peter was sick, couldn't play, they got someone else to fill in, the show must go on... they don't want to disappoint the fans, and they ESPECIALLY don't want to refund the ticket money.
nearlyhumanoid
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by nearlyhumanoid »

That "curfew" stuff is one of the oldest "showbiz" gags in the book, it probably predates vaudeville times. Seems unlikely that the Kiss concert machine suddenly forgot about the darned curfews THIS time around, doesn't it? I mean you all know how Gene is: heads would ROLL if someone screwed up like that.
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

asamphord wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
asamphord wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

but... they wouldn't do that... i can't even consider it hypothetically... Paul was sick, they played as a 3 piece without him... the show must go on... Peter was sick, couldn't play, they got someone else to fill in, the show must go on... they don't want to disappoint the fans, and they ESPECIALLY don't want to refund the ticket money.
If an accident occurred during a concert and they cancelled right then and there early on, would you be disappointed? No refunds.
asamphord

Post by asamphord »

Anomaly wrote:
asamphord wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
asamphord wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

If an accident occurred during a concert and they cancelled right then and there early on, would you be disappointed? No refunds.
well since this is hypothetical since this would never happen, i can hypothetically say that no, I would not be disappointed, I would try to be as aware as possible of everything that was going on because certainly many people would want to hear as much as possible from an eyewitness to the event, because it would certainly be a unique event in KISStory.
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

asamphord wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
asamphord wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
asamphord wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

well since this is hypothetical since this would never happen, i can hypothetically say that no, I would not be disappointed, I would try to be as aware as possible of everything that was going on because certainly many people would want to hear as much as possible from an eyewitness to the event, because it would certainly be a unique event in KISStory.
How much did you pay for Atlanta tomorrow?