"The Tour" Show 5: 7/25/12 - Charlotte, NC

Julien
Whee Wan

Re: "The Tour" Show 5: 7/25/12 - Charlotte, NC

Post by Julien »

Evo999 wrote:funny how some can't seem to give Kiss the same benefit of the doubt. Gene get's criticized for not moving around enough. Mick can barely stand up..... :?
Mick's a totally different matter. Poor sod lives in continuous pain with ankylosing spondylitis, has had his hip done, and is 800 years old. Gene needs to be left alone also. It's not getting any easier to perform...
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

Bogan Leprachaun wrote:
MONSTER Magnet wrote:MikeeNc Hope is fun!!!...Ah that KRUISE WILL NEED BEER! $$

Sweet laundrys done LETS DO THIS !...Listenin to ATLANTA !

Ummmm - I had to read this twice to make sure i wasn't going crazy...Maybe I am.....
Is it just me that doesn't understand a word of the above post?

Ummm ITS ENGLISH!! Mike enc had said he needs to save $$ for the KISS KRUISE beer. I had just gotten back from laundry just in time for the concert .....and I queud ATLANTA Boot to coincide w/ my fun..

Maybe if u followd all 8 pages instead of poppin in to be an A-O you'd get it.
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

MyDarkSide wrote:
AlexStiff1945 wrote:So.....looks like Paul's wig is about to fly off.

A new concert gimmick?
We'll see tonight if he pulls that lie again...LOSE THE WIG already , I seen ya backstage playing with Eric Singer on a Bucket. LONG NUFF!.
mikeenc
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by mikeenc »

To confirm setlist...same as other nights...

Detroit
SIOL
ILIL
Firehouse
Love Gun
War Machine
Shock Me
Tommy/Eric Solo
Hell or Hallelujah (with pyro)
Gene Solo
God of Thunder
Lick It Up
Black Diamond
RARAN
Crown Royal
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by Crown Royal »

[quote="Paxon"]So let me get this straight. Posters sitting at home on their computers are pissed because of the curfew line but those of us who were there left totally satisfied. Gotcha. :roll: I paid $215 and drove 3 hours, gotta drive 3 hours straight back. I'm 100% satisfied!

KISS was awesome. Had a blast, as always. Don't like the curfew, don't go.[/quote]

Right on
fyrebear

Post by fyrebear »

[quote="mikeenc"]Anyone who has any complaints about this show is simply not a KISS fan. No matter what is said or what the song count is, it is a great fucking concert.[/quote]

My wife and I were at the Atlanta show and came away AMAZED! It was fantastic! Totally lived up to the hype. We both felt it was the MOST (BY FAR) Pyro/bombs we have seen at a KISS show. You could FEEL the flashpots! How are KISS not burned up on stage? The confetti at the end...more than I have ever seen and you could not even see the band for half the song! After the show...all of the gun power, it felt like a war zone!

The HD screen was used perfectly and added great accompanying elements. Generally I am not a fan of those screens as I see them as a distraction (I am there to see the band physically live and not on a screen) but the added animations were good elements to accompany the songs. And the screen is very versatile being able to be used for the KISS logo, which also looks fantastic.

The set list was rock solid. It was all rapid fire that really kept the momentum going. Paul sounded fine, especially with all of the Amp reverb in the amphitheater. HoH was awesome live!

One of the best KISS shows we have ever attended, period!

Mike you said that there was 20% more Pyro at the Charlotte show versus Raleigh. I wonder if they "reloaded" on the day off from Raleigh to Atlanta. I am sure you saw the same super pyro in Charlotte that we got in Atlanta.
Ratmir
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Ratmir »

HOH from the show. They've added some pyro, the song sounds very good.
kissdude
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by kissdude »

[quote="Ratmir"]HOH from the show. They've added some pyro, the song sounds very good.
[/quote]
I thought HOH sounded really good last night. I was a little skeptical about the song at first but it has really grown on me. Paul sounded pretty good last night.
Rockandrolloverman

Post by Rockandrolloverman »

5ODc67MjRhY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes, the song is a killer addition to the live show and they really sound good on it.
Erwin

Post by Erwin »

[quote="Rockandrolloverman"]5ODc67MjRhY

Yes, the song is a killer addition to the live show and they really sound good on it.[/quote]

That was an awesome version of HOH
Genes' bass playing TOP NOTCH
Paul sounds GOOD there
Tommy & Eric, again: TOP NOTCH

I LOVE THIS SOOONG
PittsburghKid

Post by PittsburghKid »

Never posted before always a lurker and reader of the forum. Just wanted to say Pittsburgh does not have a curfew, Kiss a few years back went til 11:40 on their set. So from no curfew at our venue there is no reason for crue and kiss to have a full slate. If they dont we will just have to accept a great concert in a shorter time span. No problem with that just hoping they are both on for a while!

Not a complaint at all just saying they dont have the "curfew" excuse to use lol

cant wait for sept 2!