"The Tour" Show 5: 7/25/12 - Charlotte, NC

MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: "The Tour" Show 5: 7/25/12 - Charlotte, NC

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

Paxon wrote:So let me get this straight. Posters sitting at home on their computers are pissed because of the curfew line but those of us who were there left totally satisfied. Gotcha. :roll: I paid $215 and drove 3 hours, gotta drive 3 hours straight back. I'm 100% satisfied!

KISS was awesome. Had a blast, as always. Don't like the curfew, don't go.
WAHOO!...yeah yeah yeah!
mikeenc
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by mikeenc »

AMAZING KISS SHOW TONIGHT!

Best I've seen in years!
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

ajenkz wrote:
Tymaster wrote:Iron Maiden played until 11:30 last week in Indy. I was there.
Might have had something to do with the storm delaying everything and them letting the show go on late instead of risking a riot :D I wonder if KISS would do the same, probably not.
That was the freakiest storm I've ever been in. It really added to the whole Maiden/Cooper "vibe." KISS can't keep up with Iron Maiden anyway.
LoveGun07

Post by LoveGun07 »

mikeenc wrote:AMAZING KISS SHOW TONIGHT!

Best I've seen in years!
WOW....that's great, Mike!
Philly Cheese

Post by Philly Cheese »

Best I've seen in years!

I knew I should have gone... Dag.

Glad you enjoyed it, buddy!
Philly Cheese

Post by Philly Cheese »

Paxon wrote:So let me get this straight. Posters sitting at home on their computers are pissed because of the curfew line but those of us who were there left totally satisfied. Gotcha. :roll:
Post of the month!
Vandelay Industries
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Vandelay Industries »

Philly Cheese wrote:
Paxon wrote:So let me get this straight. Posters sitting at home on their computers are pissed because of the curfew line but those of us who were there left totally satisfied. Gotcha. :roll:
Post of the month!
i don't sense anyone being pissed about the curfew line.....seems to me they're practically in stitches about it, which hardly qualifies as "pissed". whoever had a great time, more power to 'em. but since i can't stand motley crue, the night would be all about kiss for me.....and since i didn't want to get home at 3AM & be at work bright and early just for 12 songs on a stage that comes dangerously close to mimicking beyonce's, i ended up selling my tix. and i too was "totally satisfied" with my decision. when kiss plays a full & proper show, i'll be "all in"....
mikeenc

Post by mikeenc »

Anyone who has any complaints about this show is simply not a KISS fan. No matter what is said or what the song count is, it is a great fucking concert.
Last edited by mikeenc on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Vandelay Industries wrote:
Philly Cheese wrote:
Post of the month!
i don't sense anyone being pissed about the curfew line.....seems to me they're practically in stitches about it, which hardly qualifies as "pissed". whoever had a great time, more power to 'em. but since i can't stand motley crue, the night would be all about kiss for me.....and since i didn't want to get home at 3AM & be at work bright and early just for 12 songs on a stage that comes dangerously close to mimicking beyonce's, i ended up selling my tix. and i too was "totally satisfied" with my decision. when kiss plays a full & proper show, i'll be "all in"....
This. I'm not angry. I love the fans rationalizing his line stating "it IS a fact." No it's not. Some cities have strict curfews for outdoor shows. Some have absolutely none. It depends on local zoning. Also, some places (MSG) have a union that sets 11:00 o'clock as their "curfew" but that's not something in every arena. Again, the curfew isn't finite. I find it amusing, but insulting at the same time. We're not 12 Paul. Most of us have seen other bands. Bands that have played long past 11:00 o'clock. :lol:
Philly Cheese

Post by Philly Cheese »

Tymaster wrote:
Philly Cheese wrote:
Post of the month!
This. I'm not angry. I love the fans rationalizing his line stating "it IS a fact." No it's not. Some cities have strict curfews for outdoor shows. Some have absolutely none. It depends on local zoning. Also, some places (MSG) have a union that sets 11:00 o'clock as their "curfew" but that's not something in every arena. Again, the curfew isn't finite. I find it amusing, but insulting at the same time. We're not 12 Paul. Most of us have seen other bands. Bands that have played long past 11:00 o'clock. :lol:
Psst...

Hey...

I have news for you...

Are you ready?

Paul Stanley also lied when he said he was "talkin' with somebody backstage before" and there were tellin' him that a lot of us like to drink vodka and orange juice.

If you're not 12, then stop complaining about a stage rap from a rock show, that (forgive me if I'm wrong, you're not even attending.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Philly Cheese wrote:
Tymaster wrote:
Philly Cheese wrote:
Post of the month!
Psst...

Hey...

I have news for you...

Are you ready?

Paul Stanley also lied when he said he was "talkin' with somebody backstage before" and there were tellin' him that a lot of us like to drink vodka and orange juice.

If you're not 12, then stop complaining about a stage rap from a rock show, that (forgive me if I'm wrong, you're not even attending.
I'm not complaining, I'm laughing. And I'm attending the Ohio shows. :roll:
Anomaly
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by Anomaly »

I agree with the posts that say we're not 'angry', personally I'm more disappointed that Paul has to try and make it look like it's not KISS' fault that they're only playing 12 songs that night. Am I fine with the set personally? I am, I think it's a solid set. Just don't try to blame the venue or the city you're playing in when you agreed to only play 12 songs in the first place. Now that they've played a city that doesn't have a curfew, Paul's going to get his bluff called...whether it be the promoter or just concert reviewers on the Internet after tonight's excuse they've been caught. (In a sense)

I'd love to see Diss weigh in on this.
Vandelay Industries

i find it amusing when folks complain that if you have a problem with something, then vote with your wallet....then when you do just that, they complain when you vocalize why you voted with your wallet. "love everything or get out", indeed!
the-rockstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by the-rockstar »

Arenas have curfews as well. Back in 96 KISS set the ceiling on fire in Tacoma. By the time it was put out, it was after 11 pm. They came out & did the 3 song encore so fast & left ASAP because after 11, there is a strict OT rule. I don't know about all but most arenas have it
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Vandelay Industries wrote:i find it amusing when folks complain that if you have a problem with something, then vote with your wallet....then when you do just that, they complain when you vocalize why you voted with your wallet. "love everything or get out", indeed!
The problem with this board is that roughly 70% of the posters find absolutely zero wrong with anything KISS does. They will defend KISS doing anything. They will find a way to rationalize it. Then there is a very vocal 20% that do nothing but put down modern KISS and compared everything to 1977/78. Only about 10% of the posters here look at both sides of the coin, aren't afraid to call KISS out when they deserve it, but still give praise when it's due. This is the same 10% that goes to see other bands and has a CD changer or record shelf, or mp3 player (or all of the above in my case) full of hundreds of artists other than KISS.
kissthat

Post by kissthat »

If Charlotte has no curfew (?), then that settles it.They are satisfying the Live Nation contract,playing the time they're "supposed" to. That's why I don't like these so called Co Headline situations,shortened sets from both bands.

Glad those that went enjoyed it,thanks for keeping us clowns at home updated,also glad to hear it was packed again.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

the-rockstar wrote:Arenas have curfews as well. Back in 96 KISS set the ceiling on fire in Tacoma. By the time it was put out, it was after 11 pm. They came out & did the 3 song encore so fast & left ASAP because after 11, there is a strict OT rule. I don't know about all but most arenas have it
No where in my post did I say that "arenas don't have curfews." I said some do, some don't. It's not finite. It's not an absolute. Columbus had an ampitheatre in the suburbs (Westerville) and it was 11 o'clock STRICT. I remember Lenny Kravitz "co-headlining" with the Black Crowes and he used Paul's "curfew line," but he meant it. The show really was running behind, Lenny came out at 10:58 and said "this is where I usually play my encore but we ran out of time, sorry folks!" Only it wasn't a fake line, he really had to skip his encores. Conversely, there is an ampitheatre downtown that doesn't adhere to any curfew. I've seen bands not hit the stage until nearly 11. Same with Nationwide Arena. I saw Sammy Hagar play there last fall and he wasn't on stage until about 10:45. There is no national curfew at venue law.
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

Best I've seen in years!

I Believe Mike !! :mrgreen:
the-rockstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by the-rockstar »

Did I say all arenas and did I say u said that as well? I also never said there is a federal law for curfews. For gods sake why are so many making an issue with Paul's stupid curfew line?
necronomicon

Post by necronomicon »

Vandelay Industries wrote:i find it amusing when folks complain that if you have a problem with something, then vote with your wallet....then when you do just that, they complain when you vocalize why you voted with your wallet. "love everything or get out", indeed!
Since I bought my tickets before the tour started and the setlist was known, how exactly would you recommend I now vote with my wallet?

The ticket is bought, so no matter what I do KISS has my money (more accurately KISS has my "attendance" to count against their guarantee)
mikeenc

Post by mikeenc »

Tymaster wrote:
The problem with this board is that roughly 70% of the posters find absolutely zero wrong with anything KISS does. They will defend KISS doing anything. They will find a way to rationalize it. Then there is a very vocal 20% that do nothing but put down modern KISS and compared everything to 1977/78. Only about 10% of the posters here look at both sides of the coin, aren't afraid to call KISS out when they deserve it, but still give praise when it's due. This is the same 10% that goes to see other bands and has a CD changer or record shelf, or mp3 player (or all of the above in my case) full of hundreds of artists other than KISS.
I'll call them out when they deserve it, but there really is nothing to complain about on this tour...I've seen it twice and I would go again if the opportunity arose. Great stage, amazing pyro effects (probably 20% more tonight than Sunday) and two other bands who also put on a great show. I would prefer an all KISS show like last time, but this was a good idea and it makes for a very entertaining evening out.
mikeenc

Post by mikeenc »

necronomicon wrote:
Since I bought my tickets before the tour started and the setlist was known, how exactly would you recommend I now vote with my wallet?

The ticket is bought, so no matter what I do KISS has my money (more accurately KISS has my "attendance" to count against their guarantee)
I think you'll still enjoy it...I hope you do, anyway!
kissdude
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by kissdude »

Anomaly wrote:Did they rattle off song names that they would supposedly play?
Makin' Love, I Want You, I Stole Your Love, Heaven's On Fire...I think that was it.
Vandelay Industries

necronomicon wrote:

you've paid for the right to say whatever the hell you want about it....and if what you say ultimately talks someone off the fence, then one thing cancels out the other :)

if the show was closer, i'm sure i would've bit the bullet & went....but as it was, i would've invested way too much time for such a short set. i also bought tix in advance, but fortunately they were just "early bird" lawn tix ($16) and i was able to sell it & recoup.....
Deleted User 32

Post by Deleted User 32 »

necronomicon wrote:

Kiss had the money before you bought your ticket. Sell it to someone else and then you're not out of pocket.
mikeenc

Post by mikeenc »

kissdude wrote:
Makin' Love, I Want You, I Stole Your Love, Heaven's On Fire...I think that was it.
Interesting how Heaven's On Fire got the biggest response...Paul seemed quite shocked...I thought for a minute they empowered going to do a bit of it.
MyDarkSide
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MyDarkSide »

AlexStiff1945 wrote:So.....looks like Paul's wig is about to fly off.

A new concert gimmick?
mikeenc

Post by mikeenc »

Charlotte does have a curfew...in 2010 there were signs all over backstage with 11:00 strict curfew on them.
kissdude
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by kissdude »

Paxon wrote:So let me get this straight. Posters sitting at home on their computers are pissed because of the curfew line but those of us who were there left totally satisfied. Gotcha. :roll: I paid $215 and drove 3 hours, gotta drive 3 hours straight back. I'm 100% satisfied!

KISS was awesome. Had a blast, as always. Don't like the curfew, don't go.
Hey, I walked up, bought $42 tix and the wife and I had a great time. I agree wiht Paxon. If you don't like it, don't go. Great show by both Motley and KISS. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get there to see the opening band.
kissdude
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by kissdude »

Best I've seen in years!
I thought it was a good KISS show. Not great, but a good one. I do like the new stage. Still can't believe they dropped "Deuce". I might take heat for this one but I thought "War Machine" was a crowd stopper. Looked around during the song and the crowd seemed to be dead at that point. Maybe it was just me. I thought HOH sounded really good. Overall Paul sounded pretty good tonight. He still needs to stop all of the yelling though. Can't be helping the situation with his voice. Oh well, another good time seeing my all time favorite band in my hometown! KISS Rules!
Anomaly

Post by Anomaly »

mikeenc wrote:Charlotte does have a curfew...in 2010 there were signs all over backstage with 11:00 strict curfew on them.
Apparently it was ditched in May 2011.
kissdude
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by kissdude »

mikeenc wrote:
kissdude wrote:
Interesting how Heaven's On Fire got the biggest response...Paul seemed quite shocked...I thought for a minute they empowered going to do a bit of it.
Yeah Mike, I noticed that too. Paul kind of smiled and looked over towards Gene. Interesting response in deed. Would have loved hearing "I Stole Your Love"!
kissdude
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by kissdude »

chadn70 wrote:Just sold my tixs. Daughter sick and she was the main reason I was going. Hope you guys have a blast!
Man, I hate to hear that Chad. I was gonna look for you tonight. You're a good dad though to stay home with your daughter. KISS will be back soon and she can see them then. I hope she feels better soon!
Bogan Leprachaun
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Bogan Leprachaun »

MONSTER Magnet wrote:MikeeNc Hope is fun!!!...Ah that KRUISE WILL NEED BEER! $$

Sweet laundrys done LETS DO THIS !...Listenin to ATLANTA !

Ummmm - I had to read this twice to make sure i wasn't going crazy...Maybe I am.....
Is it just me that doesn't understand a word of the above post?
DevildrummerX
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by DevildrummerX »

I'll add my two cents.

I got there after The Treatment had already left the stage. I was shocked to see just how packed the place ended up being from the last time I checked available seats at 3 PM this afternoon. The place ended up being an almost "sellout" in terms of physical seats, and back where I was on the lawn was absolutely packed by the time KISS took the stage.

Anyway on to the actual show, I saw Crue with Poison in Charlotte last year and even with the shortened set Motley put on a MUCH better show this time around. Saints of LA was a great choice to open the show. The crowd got into right from the word go. Then Motley hit a major technical snag in their new song SEX, I'm not sure if all the Mics they have going at once are overloading their soundboard or what but from what I've seen on YouTube that's atleast the second time that everyone's mic but Vince's has cutout halfway through the song. This time the band got so off time with the graphics that they just scraped it and played through the rest of the song sans lyrics. This really killed the crowd and it didn't truly get back into the show until after Tommy's solo when they played "Livewire" from their it was smooth sailing for Crue and they finished off a kickass set that really got the crowd fired up for KISS.

Like others have mentioned, the set change seemed to go really smoothly tonight although it looked like they were having problems with the siren lights for "Firehouse" they turned them on and off about 3 or 4 time before they blacked everything out for KISS' "grand" entrance.

IMO, "Detroit Rock City" was the PERFECT opener for this set. Especially considered Crue kicked off their's with SOLA. The crowd was with KISS from start to finish and the band ate it up. Paul sounded MUCH better than he did 2 years ago during HSOE and he sounded like a completely different person from when they played Greenville on A35. Like the reviewer from last night said, the play the setlist for this tour is constructed you feel utterly and completely bombarded by KISS because everything comes in such a rapid fire fashion. The "Shock Me" jam session with Eric and Tommy was cool and slightly shorter than the one they played for HSOE. I also just want to put this out here, "Hell or Hallelujah" kicks major ass live. It was a GREAT choice for the single and if the rest of Monster is half as good then KISS may have a winner.

Let me just say I was shocked when I saw that something as obscure as "War Machine" was on the setlist for this tour considering how crunched for time they are. At the same time it was a great choice and I personally loved it.

It was also great to hear "God of Thunder" live for the first time (for me) and I don't know if anyone else noticed it but Gene looked scary as HELL with those horribly bloodshot eyes and blood on his face. Black Diamond was as awesome as ever and the Alive II cats were a great shot of nostalgia although it looks that the hectic traveling has already "blinded" one of the cats.

Yes Paul pulled the "curfew" line at the end of the show lol, and I agree with some of the others I really thought for a second they we'd convinced them to play "Heaven's on Fire" from the reaction it got. Paul and Gene looked legitimately surprised and Paul hesitated just slightly before transitioning into RARAN.

Overall it was a GREAT show from both bands. They both really pulled out all the stops and packed as much substance into their sets as possible. If I had to pick a better band, I'd have to say KISS kicked Motley's ass from a music perspective just because of the horrible sound problems they had during "SEX". Although I will give Tommy on his drum coaster the edge in the solo department. I really hope that KISS does come back to Charlotte for their Monster tour and after tonight's massive crowd I can't see a reason why they wouldn't. KISS Army Charlotte was out in full force tonight KISS did not disappoint.
mikeenc

Post by mikeenc »

Maybe all of the water they use in "Sex" caused the problems lol
DevildrummerX
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by DevildrummerX »

mikeenc wrote:Maybe all of the water they use in "Sex" caused the problems lol
Hell it might be lol although I'm not sure many people were complaining about the water cannons tonight as hot as it was during Motley's set. It is weird that Sex seems to be the only song with issues though....who knows I'm sure they'll figure it out...eventually.
kiss100
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by kiss100 »

Tonights KISS/Motley Crue was an excellent show! Best ive ever seen begining to end! Even the Treatment was Rockin! Had to be sellout. Cant wait till the next tour.
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

LX8DQrNnVrc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Found this. Wow Gene's eyes are so bloodshot
DevildrummerX
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by DevildrummerX »

warmachine731 wrote:LX8DQrNnVrc

Found this. Wow Gene's eyes are so bloodshot
I know right? I guess its all the sweat and grease paint...? Personally I think it maade him like even creepier. Didn't seem to affect his playing though he kicked ass on God of Thunder.
Paxon
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Paxon »

I'll add that while Crue was exciting and I enjoyed hearing their hits, those guys are all over the place (not in a good way).

I know Mars suffers from a debilitating disease, but I was shocked when I saw the guy sit down while playng one of their early songs! I do not honestly see the appeal in Neil as a frontman, with his blabbering, half breath vocals. He did a nice job on Home Sweet Home, I guess cause it's a slow one. I know this is common knowledge with him, but geez. Also, who's bright idea was it to have Sixx singing into a mic hanging from above? His was the only mic like this, and it looked pretty goofy with him wobbling around trying to keep in front of his mic. Tommy Lee is an animal on drums!

Anyway, MC were solid but Kiss absolutely nailed it. Can't wait for Monster!
Spirited
Location: In the Ace Avatar Bunker, planning world domination

Post by Spirited »

mikeenc wrote:
necronomicon wrote:

I think you'll still enjoy it...I hope you do, anyway!

Well lets face it, if he doesn't, he is not a Kiss fan.

:lol:
Trance

Post by Trance »

Mick sat down?

Doesn't sound like Mick at all, he must've been in some serious pain last night.

Motley have always been a mess that's what makes them Motley Crue.
Trance

Post by Trance »

Is there video of "Heaven's On Fire" getting the biggest response?
OHKISSFAN

Post by OHKISSFAN »

Great reviews guys!!

Thanks for posting!
kissthat

Post by kissthat »

kiss100 wrote:Tonights KISS/Motley Crue was an excellent show! Best ive ever seen begining to end! Even the Treatment was Rockin! Had to be sellout. Cant wait till the next tour.
They always pack Charlotte. At 19,500 capacity, that's a lot of people even if it wasn't a complete sellout. You see Faqers here go on about Atlanta only being half full when it's just KISS, those same people are mysteriously quite when Charlotte is always packed , no matter who else is on the bill.

They're packing em in on the east coast, I just hope MC starts pulling their weight and those west coast dates start selling now that most of those dates(California) have had price cuts.

Anyways 5 dates in and over 80,000 in attendance so far.

A quick question, I noticed the San Antonio Tx date is one of those $1 a ticket donated to the WW's, is that the only show they're doing that at on this tour?
Julien
Whee Wan

Post by Julien »

Does anyone have a confirmed set list yet?
Detroit73
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Detroit73 »

The show was awesome last night, but my only complaint is that Kiss did seem like they were not on very long. It seemed as if Motley Crue played a much longer set. I would love to see the set lists and compare the two. If anything, Motley needs to cut down their set to let Kiss play more. I wonder if that was the stipulation for this tour?

The placed was packed last night, but didn't get to full capacity until Kiss came on. I would say that I am a homer, but Kiss clearly outperformed Motley Crue. I love Motley Crue, but you could tell that Kiss is on another level.

I purposely stayed away from KISSFaq.com for the past 5 plus days. I wanted to be surprised with the stage show and set list. They didn't disappoint. I loved the new stage. Very cool, simple and big. I do like Motley Crue's stage as well. I had saw Motley last summer in Charlotte and it was somewhat of the same stage. Yes, Tommy's drum solo stole the show. There was a lot going on. Overall, I wasn't impressed with Vince Neil's singing. It was pretty bad.

The best time of the night was watching my 7 year old twins. This was their second Kiss show. We dressed them up as Gene & Peter. They were little stars last night and loved all the attention. They had such a good time and it was nice that I could share the experience with them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kissdude
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by kissdude »

Admin wrote:Does anyone have a confirmed set list yet?
Same as Atlanta. I copied the set list from the Atlanta show on my iPhone during the Charlotte show last night & followed along.
Evo999

Post by Evo999 »

Trance wrote:Mick sat down?

Doesn't sound like Mick at all, he must've been in some serious pain last night.

Motley have always been a mess that's what makes them Motley Crue.
funny how some can't seem to give Kiss the same benefit of the doubt. Gene get's criticized for not moving around enough. Mick can barely stand up..... :?