"The Tour" Show 8: 7/31/12 - Pelham, AL

metallian
Banned
Banned

Re: "The Tour" Show 8: 7/31/12 - Pelham, AL

Post by metallian »

The Demon wrote:
Strutter67 wrote: Dude i could have bought you some water. Damn sprite was $5.25, lol. Yea i think you're right there was a little hitch or something at the end of War Machine. Forgot about that. Sorry we didn't run into you. Would have been cool talking to another big Kiss fan. Later!
Ha, I appreciate the offer - doubt we were near eachother, though.

I certainly wasn't going to leave my spot, either - my seats were up in the Stevie Wonder area - but... I decided to pass on those and just stand at the balcony. Guards were right in front, they didn't care or ask questions - and nobody bitched about it, so.... was definitely a better spot than what I paid for, ha ha.

Really, the venues should allow people to bring in their own bottled water - I could see not allowing sodas, or alcohol, but water is totally different - that's a serious health risk if people don't have any water when the heat's that bad.
Was this a LiveNation amphitheater? Some of them allow people to bring in one bottle of water (it needs to be unopened) and some allow people to bring in food that can fit into a small zip-lock bag. Check the amphitheater's website to check what they allow being brought in.
strutter78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by strutter78 »

This is a pic (not a great one) of Gene landing at the Bessemer. AL airport around 5pm yesterday...very small airport.Really surprised me if you know where it is. Close to my house. You don't see planes that size land there often, its just small runway.He got out with a a briefcase, hair pulled back, shades, waved at us and got in the limo.

2 other photos are from show. Everybody I went to the show with was commenting on the vocal issues. I didn't want to believe it was as bad as Ive read on this board....I really hope he gets better. Sounded like he was having trouble just doing his raps between songs. Gene was great.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Demon
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by The Demon »

metallian wrote:
The Demon wrote:
Strutter67 wrote: Dude i could have bought you some water. Damn sprite was $5.25, lol. Yea i think you're right there was a little hitch or something at the end of War Machine. Forgot about that. Sorry we didn't run into you. Would have been cool talking to another big Kiss fan. Later!

I certainly wasn't going to leave my spot, either - my seats were up in the Stevie Wonder area - but... I decided to pass on those and just stand at the balcony. Guards were right in front, they didn't care or ask questions - and nobody bitched about it, so.... was definitely a better spot than what I paid for, ha ha.

Really, the venues should allow people to bring in their own bottled water - I could see not allowing sodas, or alcohol, but water is totally different - that's a serious health risk if people don't have any water when the heat's that bad.
Was this a LiveNation amphitheater? Some of them allow people to bring in one bottle of water (it needs to be unopened) and some allow people to bring in food that can fit into a small zip-lock bag. Check the amphitheater's website to check what they allow being brought in.
Oak Mountain doesn't have a website - and a Google search will only turn up Ticketmaster and Livenation info... so I honestly don't know - and didn't think to ask. Had I realized how unforgiveably hot it was going to be, I might have made sure to do that.

Seriously though - bottled water is definitely a must at an outdoor venue, especially in the South during summer.
The Demon

Post by The Demon »

strutter78 wrote:Sounded like he was having trouble just doing his raps between songs.
That was the main vocal issue I noticed at the show - but I seem to remember him doing a pretty good job when it came to singing the songs.
metallian
Banned
Banned

Post by metallian »

The Demon wrote:
metallian wrote:
The Demon wrote:

Oak Mountain doesn't have a website - and a Google search will only turn up Ticketmaster and Livenation info... so I honestly don't know - and didn't think to ask. Had I realized how unforgiveably hot it was going to be, I might have made sure to do that.

Seriously though - bottled water is definitely a must at an outdoor venue, especially in the South during summer.
Check the Ticketmaster/LiveNation website for that amphitheater. There usually is info about the venue located there.
The Demon

Post by The Demon »

Either way - next time I ever go see KISS (and I am wanting to catch them on the Monster tour) I am going to make damned sure to drink a lot of water before the show, and have some on hand during the show.
strutter78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by strutter78 »

I thought I was gonna pass out it was so friggin packed and humid. Drank a few 10 dollar beers and left before RNR all night. Paul said something about the curfew, so I knew the time was neigh.
Strutter67

Post by Strutter67 »

Yea paul sang ok but couldn't yell into the mic. And earlier in the show it seemed to piss him off. It got a little better later in the show. Should have just turned up his mic a little and he could have put less stress on his voice.
The Demon

Post by The Demon »

I'll say that "Hell Or Hallelujah" was especially badass last night - the energy was phenomenal!!! I really think that song's going over better when played in D tuning than the album cut - though the album cut is awesome as well.

That and "War Machine" were the highlights of the show for me.
power4
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by power4 »

Was the stage show significantly different than the last tour? Any theatrics added?
strutter78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by strutter78 »

I totally agree that HOH was one of the best, if not the best as far being very well rehearsed. A friend of mine who had not heard it, commented that may have been the best song of the night as well. I thought it was better than the studio release. War Machine was definitely my fave. BD was good as usual. I enjoyed the show. I didnt care for the video screen stuff. I didnt think the stage show was very different at all. I thought it looked like a vegas production or broadway at times. Paul still flies out during Love Gun, Gene still spits blood and we get the green lights. The way came out out on the platform was cool. I was so far away I couldnt see much detail. I think MC had the better stage (possibly). The show was good, dont get me wrong, but I never thought "wow" thats new. The video images are ok, but really distracting at times.
The Demon

Post by The Demon »

strutter78 wrote: I was so far away I couldnt see much detail
You should have just come to the balcony (if you were quick enough to secure a spot) - the guards never questioned anybody standing there. I never once went to my seat - just stood out there, smoking cigarettes, singing along to the lyrics, and having a blast. I was to the left of the stage, but - saw most everything perfectly - I mainly just stood there, watching Gene tear it up on bass and behind the mic - though sometimes my eyes did float away to the video screen - probably because I'm so used to watching live footage rather than seeing the band in person, ha ha.

But yeah - "Hell or Hallelujah" was awesome. Enjoyed Tommy and Eric's jam as well.

Some drunk dude behind me apparently didn't realize that they were fully planning on going back for RARAN whether the audience wanted it or not, going "This is fucking bullshit, play a fucking encore goddamnit!!!" :lol:
strutter78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by strutter78 »

There were definitely a full platoon of morons out last night. That Tommy Lee drum solo could be cool. He was jamming to the hip hop stuff or techo rave stuff. I used to really like that guy...he's a fantastic drummer. I don't think he really likes being there or rnr in general. They sounded pretty bad to me. Just "bassy" like EQ issues. Flat, no highs. Kiss was better. I'm just enjoying the ride cause I think we are finally getting to the end of this ride. In 3 yrs or less I believe they are done. I'm ok with that. I truly hate it for Paul. He's been the man for so long. Carried the band imo musically. His voice wasn't horrible. I just was thinking when I saw them at the same venue on the HITS tour and Rock the Nation. Sounds totally different. But, again not horrible, not bad...he just set the bar so high for decades vocally. If its fixable....he will get it fixed. he's out there rockin and van halen is cancelling cause "they bit off more than they can chew". Its funny when you compare the demands of the Kiss show vs VH. So, kudos for getting out there and doing it well.