"The Tour" Show 10: 8/3/12 - Houston, TX

Julien
Whee Wan

"The Tour" Show 10: 8/3/12 - Houston, TX

Post by Julien »

Discussions, reviews, live-updates, meet-ups, etc!

Details:
Shane_Penney
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: "The Tour" Show 10: 8/3/12 - Houston, TX

Post by Shane_Penney »

Looks like a sellout.
blackdiamond77
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by blackdiamond77 »

I will be in attendance!! 8)
JimiG
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by JimiG »

I am getting on a flight in 3 hours.
I am bouncing off the walls!!!
Rockandrolloverman

Post by Rockandrolloverman »

Shane_Penney wrote:Looks like a sellout.
:!:
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

My nets too shit to get KISS HUB OR TWITTER ON..Poop
blackdiamond77

Post by blackdiamond77 »

I'm in the house... A band called "The Treatment" is on stage....
KIDGEO3

Post by KIDGEO3 »

Looking forward to updates and videos!!!
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

PamSham TWEETED:
6 minutes ago Just breezed by Doc McGee @KISS @MotleyCrue show in #Houston!
:mrgreen:
KIDGEO3

Post by KIDGEO3 »

WHERE ARE THE UPDATES???
rockgod
Banned
Banned

Post by rockgod »

I can't believe that just happened.
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

rockgod wrote:I can't believe that just happened.
:lol:
blackdiamond77

Post by blackdiamond77 »

Tried to do updates but for some reason Internet connection was lagging.. Anyway, Gene kicked ass, Paul struggled vocally. Motley Crüe kicked major ass!!!!!
kissthat

Post by kissthat »

Another packed place, does anyone know the capacity of this place? I've read everything from 16,500 to near 20,000.

KISS with the SOLD OUT crowd at the Houston

warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

kissthat wrote:Another packed place, does anyone know the capacity of this place? I've read everything from 16,500 to near 20,000.

Very cool!!! The usual setlist?
ace's yamaka
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ace's yamaka »

kissthat wrote:Another packed place, does anyone know the capacity of this place? I've read everything from 16,500 to near 20,000.

Lol, is this Photoshop voodoo??? Gene has pecs and abs and Paul needs the manbra?
KIDGEO3

Post by KIDGEO3 »

not many updates from last night :(
mr. makbleve
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by mr. makbleve »

More of a lurker than a poster here, but I was @ the show last night, and it is always so much fun to read other people's reviews that it occurs to me it's not cool to have one of my own & not share it.

So, here are some random thoughts. Motley Crüe set was pretty fun. High energy- I do understand what people have been saying about panting/singing every other word of the songs. That certainly happened last night. Tommy Lee is a pretty amazing showman- good @ giving off energy to the crowd. And I have to say, I thought Mick Mars hobbled around & played great.

I've seen Motley's show before so I knew what it would be & I'm not complaining, but that said, when you've got your 10 year old son next to you, parts of that show are pretty brutal!

Obviously, we were there to see KISS & it was a good time as usual. I could always stand to hear more songs, but I thought the set length was solid. To me it was the perfect length when it comes to Paul's between song raps. He had plenty of time to engage the crowd, pump it up etc- but not enough time to go ON & ON like we know he can!

I've seen KISS on the last 2 tours & the Houston Rodeo last year & I really do think Paul sounded a good bit better than he did at those shows. To me, it seems like he's finally making an effort to figure out what his new limited range is, although there were plenty of times he couldn't help but go high- and of course that was very hit or miss.

Gene for the most part sounds great- he did continue his fine tradition of lyric massacre when he totally blanked on a verse on Shout it Out Loud!

I don't need to see Gene fly anymore. When he went up to the rig last night for GOT, he appeared to briefly lose his balance. Don't know what kind of safety procedures they have in place in case he were to fall. But I've long since stopped enjoying the effect, & instead spend that time hoping he makes it down in one piece!

Big crowd- everyone very into the show. Band seemed to be having a good time.

One odd moment to me (w/ KISS you never know if these 'odd moments' are happening every night). Right after War Machine, Paul was introducing Tommy singing Shock Me- when instead of yelling out that song title, he yelled out 'War Machine!' again & played the first two chords of it again, before coming back up to the mic & jokingly asking if everyone was paying attention.

Finally, I know many on this site will enjoy this- on the LONG walk back to the car post show, I listened to two drunks behind me have a spirited debate about whether or not it was actually Gene Simmons in the demon makeup tonight!
Strutter67

Post by Strutter67 »

mr. makbleve wrote:More of a lurker than a poster here, but I was @ the show last night, and it is always so much fun to read other people's reviews that it occurs to me it's not cool to have one of my own & not share it.

So, here are some random thoughts. Motley Crüe set was pretty fun. High energy- I do understand what people have been saying about panting/singing every other word of the songs. That certainly happened last night. Tommy Lee is a pretty amazing showman- good @ giving off energy to the crowd. And I have to say, I thought Mick Mars hobbled around & played great.

I've seen Motley's show before so I knew what it would be & I'm not complaining, but that said, when you've got your 10 year old son next to you, parts of that show are pretty brutal!

Obviously, we were there to see KISS & it was a good time as usual. I could always stand to hear more songs, but I thought the set length was solid. To me it was the perfect length when it comes to Paul's between song raps. He had plenty of time to engage the crowd, pump it up etc- but not enough time to go ON & ON like we know he can!

I've seen KISS on the last 2 tours & the Houston Rodeo last year & I really do think Paul sounded a good bit better than he did at those shows. To me, it seems like he's finally making an effort to figure out what his new limited range is, although there were plenty of times he couldn't help but go high- and of course that was very hit or miss.

Gene for the most part sounds great- he did continue his fine tradition of lyric massacre when he totally blanked on a verse on Shout it Out Loud!

I don't need to see Gene fly anymore. When he went up to the rig last night for GOT, he appeared to briefly lose his balance. Don't know what kind of safety procedures they have in place in case he were to fall. But I've long since stopped enjoying the effect, & instead spend that time hoping he makes it down in one piece!

Big crowd- everyone very into the show. Band seemed to be having a good time.

One odd moment to me (w/ KISS you never know if these 'odd moments' are happening every night). Right after War Machine, Paul was introducing Tommy singing Shock Me- when instead of yelling out that song title, he yelled out 'War Machine!' again & played the first two chords of it again, before coming back up to the mic & jokingly asking if everyone was paying attention.

Finally, I know many on this site will enjoy this- on the LONG walk back to the car post show, I listened to two drunks behind me have a spirited debate about whether or not it was actually Gene Simmons in the demon makeup tonight!

lol drunks will be drunks!
TarynWay

Post by TarynWay »

mr. makbleve wrote:

What does Motley's show have in it to make it brutal to watch with ten year old? I plan to take my son, too.
How did the debate between the two drunks go?
TarynWay

Post by TarynWay »

ace's yamaka wrote:

Lol, is this Photoshop voodoo??? Gene has pecs and abs and Paul needs the manbra?
haha is KissThat aka KissThis? Or, uhmm that guy who used to have the old lady/kid/Paul nerd avatar with seventies bow?
blackdiamond77

Post by blackdiamond77 »

No, that's how Gene's armor looks. I was there last night...This is a real picture
Rockandrolloverman

Post by Rockandrolloverman »

Good to see KISS playing to such big crowds. I realize Marty Crue is party responsible, but anyway................

Great to see KISS selling this well.
metallian
Banned
Banned

Post by metallian »

[quote="TarynWay"][quote="mr. makbleve"]I've seen Motley's show before so I knew what it would be & I'm not complaining, but that said, when you've got your 10 year old son next to you, parts of that show are pretty brutal!

Finally, I know many on this site will enjoy this- on the LONG walk back to the car post show, I listened to two drunks behind me have a spirited debate about whether or not it was actually Gene Simmons in the demon makeup tonight![/quote]

What does Motley's show have in it to make it brutal to watch with ten year old? I plan to take my son, too.
How did the debate between the two drunks go?[/quote]

F bombs
r&rhell2013
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by r&rhell2013 »

Here is a pic I took at this show.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.