"The Tour" Show 16: 8/11/12 - Las Vegas, NV

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

Discussions, reviews, live-updates, meet-ups, etc!

Details:
seamusko
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Re: "The Tour" Show 16: 8/11/12 - Las Vegas, NV

Post by seamusko »

Flying in the day before. I haven't seen them in Vegas since 2000 and even flew there to see the WCW Demon's first performance! This'll be my first of five 'The Tour' shows.
seamusko
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by seamusko »

Very late notice but I have an extra ticket. The seat isnt great but it's on the house if you want. I'm flying to San Francisco today, then Vegas tomorrow so wont be on the board a ton but first person who messages me can have it.
mikeman1
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by mikeman1 »

In Vegas for a GREATLY needed mini vacation. I am staying at the Mandalay Bay. Saw quite a few KISS t-shirted fans in the lobby earlier. I am PUMPED for the show!!!
Last edited by mikeman1 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 4429

Post by Deleted User 4429 »

I was almost at this show! Oh well, Toronto will do.

Have fun guys!
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

seamusko wrote:Very late notice but I have an extra ticket. The seat isnt great but it's on the house if you want. I'm flying to San Francisco today, then Vegas tomorrow so wont be on the board a ton but first person who messages me can have it.
THATS F'N AWESOME ! Id love to hear who got that and a review of a FREE KISS SHOW IN VEGAS ....thats nuts! :thumright:

seamusko
Flying in the day before. I haven't seen them in Vegas since 2000 and even flew there to see the WCW Demon's first performance! This'll be my first of five 'The Tour' shows.

Also..U flew into VEGAS FOR THIS?...THATS AWESOME ! DEDICATED !

================================

TOMMY LEE ‏@MrTommyLand
Well HELL-o Sin City!!! This is gonna be one hell of a night!!! @thetour2012

TOMMY LEE ‏@MrTommyLand
Im hiding 4 VIP passes to the Las Vegas show tonight! This hunt will be memorable! Clues at 5pm! must have tix already this show is sold out

:mrgreen: WAHOOO SOLD OUT!!! :mrgreen:

Image @NikkiSixx 7 yrs sober today!! can't believe i've made it this far! #sobreity rocks”

ImageKISSFANATIC420 ‏@KISSFANATIC420
KISSFAQ ROXX !! #KISSarmy
follow: http://www.twitter.com/KISSFANATIC420
(shameless plug...)

ImageNikki Sixx ‏@NikkiSixx
Vegas tonight. Another sold out show. Kiss and Crüe killing it city by city.Wildest tour of summer.

Image Vince Neil ‏@TheVinceNeil
Join me tonight!!
http://lockerz.com/s/233634787

tonya newbound ‏@Hot_MamaTonna
(preschool teacher)
@thetour2012 @KISSONLINE gonna have an orgasm waiting in line

THE SNAIL TRACKS HAVE STARTED !!!!

HEY ARE THESE TWO ACTRESSES?
Goes by MJ
LOOK FAMILIAR...Tweeted from Show

TOMMY LEE ‏@MrTommyLand
Clüe #1

GO KISS FANS ! (hey its to meet CRUE ...) BUT BONUS!

Vince Bastian ‏@JakeassDesigns
I love @KISSOnline fans! #thetourImage

Waiting to get in to see @MotleyCrue and @KISSOnline. #thetour

TOMMY LEE ‏@MrTommyLand
Anyone fine the 4 VIP passes?

TOMMY LEE ‏@MrTommyLand
“@shawncmj: @MrTommyLand YESSSSS!!
HELL yeah! Cya after the show!!!

TOMMY LEE ‏@MrTommyLand
30 minutes til the doors open!!
Last edited by MONSTER Magnet on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.
KIDGEO3
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by KIDGEO3 »

Hope to see some video from tonight's show!!!
Deleted User 4429

Post by Deleted User 4429 »

My friend Alexey with Tommy (Lee) and Eric.
Attachments
574473_3615208546719_1568853348_n.jpg
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

The Treatment kicking off #thetour not bad.

=================================

OFF TOPIC:
Eddie Trunk ‏@EddieTrunk
“@Brooks1996: @EddieTrunk Any chance of getting Peter Criss back on #TMS soon? Really like to hear what he's up to.” new book coming,
ANSWER: YES !!
eddie gonna be a shit stirin !
=================================

Peter Panayotopoulos ‏@Ppanus
Tommy Lee just told us to start rocking and partying in Vegas, and then he plays a power ballad Home Sweet Home #motleycrue

I FN love @KISSOnline fans! #thetour

Tommy lee rocks in 360 degrees #motleycrue

#awesome drum solo

Shannon Tweed ‏@shannonleetweed
#KISS IN VEGAS TONIGHT! INDOORS! Yay!

Since #motleycrue was popular in the 80s, should they change the lyrics to Women Women Women?

I don't care what anyone else has to say about @mrmickmars he is fucking cool as shit! #thetour #DPCHAV

MONSTER Magnet agrees!!

Kickstand my heart... I own a 10 speed bicycle #motleycrue

I THINK THAT MEANS CRUE IS DONE !!
:mrgreen:

KISSFANATIC420 ‏@KISSFANATIC420
@Ppanus Thanx for crue updates ! Im adding your updates to KISS FAQ YOU should check it out! And please Update KISS ! PICTURES!

No thank you @NikkiSixx @MrTommyLand @mrmickmars @thevinceneil greatest show! #DPCHAV #thetour I have seen you since 1988!

OFF TOPIC: Did you see Gene Simmons at the Hard Rock last weekend? See the pics? Check them out here!
http://v.iheart.com/09k
:mrgreen:

James Blaylock ‏@JamesDean50
Getting ready for Kiss

If you can check out The Treatment I highly recommend it

Saw a guy dressed as the cat... He had a Cattoo #KISSarmy

ALLLRIIIGHHTTT VEEGGGASSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOUUU WANTED THE BEEESTTT! ...YOU GOOOTT THEEE BEEEESSSTTT!!....
THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WOOORLDD KISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!

James Blaylock ‏@JamesDean50

The Mandalay bay snack bar was not prepared for the amount of beers that would be drunk at the #kiss concert #motleycrue

Derek Scott

:shock: HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THAT LOGO :shock:

Gene Simmons is the new king of England now that he pulled Excalibur out and lit it on fire #KISSarmy

Kissdressingroom Kissproduction Motleydressingroom Motleyproduction Tourstage Sixxsense Wifi networks at the #kiss concert #motleycrue #

:lol:

What's better than a drum solo? A drum solo vs a guitar solo
(SEE u cant tell thats ace or tommy )...lol JUUUST KIDDIN).

But hey is Tommy on Opposite side of stage?

Nikki Sixx ‏@NikkiSixx
VEGAS ;)“@maki69crue: @NikkiSixx @MrTommyLand @MrMickMars @TheVinceNeil Thank You! Thank You!!! Bestest show ever!!!!! I want more!!!”

HEEES FLYIN!!

Even from the cheap seats KISS still has the hottest pyrotechnics at any concert #KISSarmy

Peter Panayotopoulos
38 seconds ago Starchild, I didn't come to sit, I came to RAWK. Standing up for what I believe in. Rock On #KISSarmy!

:roll: MUST BE A GOOD SHOW....wait for it wait for it :)
Nikki Sixx ‏@NikkiSixx
Someone backstage just told me our show is barbaric.Ive heard that few times.All I can say is "Mission Accomplished"-;)

Peter Panayotopoulos
1 minute ago Shout out to all the kiss kids at the show. Rock and roll all night, party every day little ones. #KISSarmy

HOLY SHIT IM TIRED !! ...Hope ya find some VIDEOS and what not!!
GOOOOOOOOD NIGGGGHHHHHHT!!! Hopin no replies cause ya enjoyin my Posts!(No Curfew tonite!)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by MONSTER Magnet on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:13 am, edited 15 times in total.
G6O6A6T
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by G6O6A6T »

awesome!
warmachine731
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by warmachine731 »

Awesome pics!!! Anything different in the encore?
Rockandrolloverman
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Rockandrolloverman »

Thanks for the photos.
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

Setlist?
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

Capacity is 12,000.....so I guess they got 12,000 people.
Trance
Banned

Post by Trance »

What happened to the codes?

If they're keeping the little screens then they need to just remove everything from the stage except the drums and run the big screen to the floor.

"Hell of Hallelujah" from Vegas
VfkAWEATdaU
seamusko
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by seamusko »

So this is a bit late, sorry! I wasn't able to review the show on my phone.
I'm not sure if The Treatment played or not. The ticket said 8, I got there at 7:50 and Motley was about to start.

Some Crue notes-Vince really doesn't sound very good. I've never been a huge fan of his voice but I was not impressed at all. However, people in my section lost it for 'em, mainly during 'Live Wire' and 'Dr Feelgood'. As has been said earlier, their stage is very busy-huge fans,the carnival wheel, backup singers in S and M gear, roadies in red suits running around. I got a bit distracted. I've read alot about the water during 'Sex'. Perhaps this is because the venue is indoors but I didn't think it got that wet. The roadies stood on the side stages and sprayed water into the crowd, not unlike how Ozzy does it. I anticipated a complete flood but this seemed fairly tame. Nikki spit into the crowd alot, that was more water! Mick hardly moves but I noticed that he walked across the stage once, during 'Dont Go Away Mad'. During 'Home Sweet Home' the cops infiltrated my section and kicked a guy out but I couldn't see why. Nikki's bass shoots fire during 'Primal Scream'. Remember Paul's old act where he'd separate the crowd using his hands (cutting the arena in half) and pit the two sides against each other? Well, Nikki did that. An earlier thread was about Paul swearing during the 80's. Motley swore enough tonight to make up for every child friendly KISS show-a ton of swearing, a ton of sex comments. I understand that's Motley's shtick but there were alot of kids there and seemed a bit irresponsible. I felt really old for saying that!

KISS notes:
I didn't pay attention to how long it was between sets but it flew by. The stage was redone but didn't seem to take long at all. I remember hearing 'Smoke On the Water' and 'RIP Polaris' by Megadeth over the PA. The banner fall was VERY undramatic-during 'You Shook Me All Night Long'. I miss the 'Wont Get Fooled Again' fall. All of the sudden it came down from the rafters but got caught so we got to see half the banner? I was bummed.
When the lights went down the sold out venue was only about 60% full-people getting drinks, etc. That's another reason why I think the time between bands wasn't long. My buddy and I were the only two people in our row!
The first two songs were DRC and Shout It Out loud naturally. I noticed that the screen behind Eric never showed the band during these songs (or if it did, it barely showed them). It was just the logo. People didn't seem too into them-nobody standing or singing in my area (I admit, I was towards the back).
I Love It Loud-no real notes but I noticed that the KISS logo on Eric's bass drums remain illuminated the entire set. That was pretty cool when it was dark-you could still see the logo.
During Firehouse, before the solo, Gene yelled "Tommy!" I don't remember him doing that before.
Before HoH Paul mentioned he bought it on I-Tunes (that got a laugh) and said "give it up for Motley Crue." Crue's a big band, sure, but I never heard him give props to Caroline Spine or any opener before. HoH sounded good but nobody knew the song. As far as new songs go, 'Sex' went over far better. You could really hear Eric's vocals during this song and the screen footage was very cool-a female angel dancing in fire.
Before War Machine Paul said something to the extent of "you oughtta know this one!" and when the riff started it appeared that nobody knew it. I love the song but the crowd didn't seem too impressed. Again, Gene introed Tommy's solo-"Tommy Thayer!"
Shock Me sounded great. Before it started Paul said "This is from...one of the old albums." Did he forget what album it's off of or just likes to get the crowd amped by mentioning the past? During the Tommy'Eric solo Tommy was on Gene's riser which went up about ten feet or so. He shot off three rockets and Eric had his usual bazooka. The crowed seemed to love the bazooka bit.
During Gene's mini solo the crowd got into it. It seemed shorter than usual and he started to spit blood at the sound of the first bell. Maybe because their set was shorter but this was definitely shorter than usual. He DID go to the rafters, though, and came down during the solo. God of Thunder always sounds good.
No real intro to Love Gun, Paul just said "I wanna see you" and flew out. I know some don't care for this song but it gets me to tears every time. My voice was gone by the second chorus. I couldn't see what it was but someone gave Paul something while on the mini stage-a teddy bear or some flowers? He flew back to the main stage with it and then tossed it by Eric.
The crowd was very into Lick It Up-they did the usual Won't Get Fooled again bit. The makeup above Paul's lip was smeared. I notice these things.
No 'Stairway' during Paul's Black Diamond intro. He asked the crowd to sing the "Oooh-oooh" bit. He did it once, then the crowd. He started it a third time, cut the crowd off,then started it again. It was pretty funny. He did the "stand up for what you believe in" rap during this and said "If you wanna sit down, you can be at home watching Real Housewives." That got a laugh. This song kicks so much ass live. At shows Eric will vary up who's thumb you're under. This time, it was Gene's.
It didn't take long for the encore. The first encore was Deuce which went straight into RARAN. This finally got the people in my section to stand.
All in all a great show. I haven't seen them since Abbotsford last year and I liked HoH moved up in the set. However, that and War Machine back to back seemed to bore some non fans. Overall, the crowd did NOT seem into them much. A few people in my section left after Motley. I noticed that the side stages were used very rarely, while during Crue someone was always on them (Vince, female singer, roadies, etc).
I'll post about the Concord show the day after.