"The Tour" Show 17: 8/12/12 - Chula Vista, CA

Trance
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: "The Tour" Show 17: 8/12/12 - Chula Vista, CA

Post by Trance »

Damn is that fireball real or Photoshopped?
13marcello

Post by 13marcello »

Saw this cool fan made shirt last night. Thought I would share it with you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RINGLEADER
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by RINGLEADER »

[quote="Evo999"][quote="MONSTER Magnet"][color=#FF0000][size=150][i][b]HOLY OL' SHIT LOOK AT THAT FIREBALL...BIGGEST IVE SEEN EVER!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

[img]http://www.kissfaq.com/forum11/download ... p?id=30926[/img][/quote]

Is that enhanced by the screen image?[/quote]
It is the screen behind. Didn't catch that at First. I took the shot.......!
Last edited by RINGLEADER on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RINGLEADER

Post by RINGLEADER »

Last edited by RINGLEADER on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GeneDEUCE
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by GeneDEUCE »

KISS THE TOUR DETROIT ROCK CITY CRICKET AMPHITHEATRE CHULA VISTA AUGUST 12,2012
HYlsUwo9JEU&list=UUC3nBtIiYG2WnlHlKqGUsMw&index=1&feature=plcp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MOTLEY CRÜE GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS CRICKET AMPHITHEATRE CHULA VISTA AUGUST 12, 2012
SznBhEV0YeQ&list=UUC3nBtIiYG2WnlHlKqGUsMw&index=3&feature=plcp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MOTLEY CRÜE KICKSTART MY HEART CRICKET AMPHITHEATRE CHULA VISTA AUGUST 12, 2012
HLEFxrJtISg&list=UUC3nBtIiYG2WnlHlKqGUsMw&index=2&feature=plcp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
timstar78
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by timstar78 »

Review:

KISS And Mötley Crüe At Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre

GRAMMY.com
Crystal Larsen

Anytime a major summer concert tour is simply billed, "The Tour," you know it's got to be big. As I settled into the Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre in Chula Vista, Calif., on a very hot Aug. 12 night, I was prepared to see two of the biggest rock and metal acts around: Kiss and Mötley Crüe, who are co-headlining what is certainly shaping up to be one of the biggest tours of the summer.

Having never seen either of these acts before, I sat in anticipation as an onstage screen reflected a Mötley Crüe clock that was counting down to the band's entrance. And a grand entrance it was. I was fixated on the red-robed, ghoulish-looking figures sauntering around onstage before I noticed that behind me a parade of Crüe members was making its way through the amphitheater. Frontman Vince Neil was proudly waving a Mötley Crüe flag while bassist Nikki Sixx and drummer Tommy Lee shot canisters of smoke into the crowd. Supporting the foursome were several scantily clad women that resembled one of the major themes that surfaced again and again throughout the Crüe's set: girls, girls, girls, and more girls.

Read the rest:
http://www.grammy.com/blogs/kiss-and-m- ... phitheatre" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kissthat

Post by kissthat »

[quote="timstar78"]Review:

KISS And Mötley Crüe At Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre

GRAMMY.com
Crystal Larsen

Anytime a major summer concert tour is simply billed, "The Tour," you know it's got to be big. As I settled into the Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre in Chula Vista, Calif., on a very hot Aug. 12 night, I was prepared to see two of the biggest rock and metal acts around: Kiss and Mötley Crüe, who are co-headlining what is certainly shaping up to be one of the biggest tours of the summer.

Having never seen either of these acts before, I sat in anticipation as an onstage screen reflected a Mötley Crüe clock that was counting down to the band's entrance. And a grand entrance it was. I was fixated on the red-robed, ghoulish-looking figures sauntering around onstage before I noticed that behind me a parade of Crüe members was making its way through the amphitheater. Frontman Vince Neil was proudly waving a Mötley Crüe flag while bassist Nikki Sixx and drummer Tommy Lee shot canisters of smoke into the crowd. Supporting the foursome were several scantily clad women that resembled one of the major themes that surfaced again and again throughout the Crüe's set: girls, girls, girls, and more girls.

Read the rest:
http://www.grammy.com/blogs/kiss-and-m- ... phitheatre" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/quote]

That's a great review, THANKS Tim. Reviewer had never seen either band and loved both.Those of us that see them over and over are jaded.
Rockandrolloverman

Post by Rockandrolloverman »

Looks like the stage has the short video wall all the way up to the drumriser every time now, as someone else said.

I liked the stairs coming to the floor the way it was before, better, but.........
Rockandrolloverman

Post by Rockandrolloverman »

[quote="Anomaly"][quote="scottkfan1"]probley the same reason they changed the opening of the show on alive 35..they(gene and paul) thought it sucked..when they rose out of the stage..[/quote]

If they're behind putting screens in front of the stairs then they're 0-for-2 when it comes to this stuff. That rising from the stage intro was AMAZING.[/quote]
THe rise outta the floor was killer, but I guess they ditched it cause it wasn't really as visual as this kind of current opening.

They were coming outta the floor in a small confined area and you had to focus on that one spot...........LOL

But I did like that opening better, most certainly. Was cool as HELL.

I also hope the stage evloves into something a bit different than the video screens all the way across and up to the drumriser. That looks too much like the previous setups.