Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: "The Tour" Show 18: 8/14/12 - Irvine, CA

Post by 13marcello »

Deuce
Rock n Roll all nite!
Great show!! There was a father with his 3 and half year
Old daughter behind me and a mother and son in front of me having
A blast!! KISS transcends time! From the clubs of New York City in 1973
To the sold out crowd in Irvine in 2012! Long live the KINGS!!!!

I hope you've enjoyed my updates in the last week!
Take care KISS FAQ :)
gshaller
A really important Kiss fan!
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by gshaller »

13marcello wrote:Deuce
Rock n Roll all nite!

Thanks, dude!
Lands End Drums
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Lands End Drums »

KISSman24 wrote:This is a pretty nice venue. I've read all kinds of bad things online about this joint, but I just think the west coasters are a little soft. People here in Southern CA should see a show in Camden, NJ. :lol: This place is a dream compared to that.
In the 80s security here was notoriously brutal. There's a great boot of the Smiths show I was at (boot is called Thank Your Lucky Stars I believe, perfect soundboard), Morrissey keeps having to yell at them for beating the shit out of audience members. Was pretty bad, saw millions of shows there and security did their best to fuck 'em up. I don't think I've been there since '96 or so, different now. Saw the Dead there a billion times, rough thug security and tripping hippies don't mix.

Going to bed, have to be up in a few hours for work, will "review" the show later. :P
fissaman

Post by fissaman »

Great work, Marcello. Top guy and a huge fan.

LED... hope you and the boy enjoyed the show, brutha. I hope you got some pics of the boy rocking out?

Did he don the war paint?
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

Thanks for the updates.

Note to KISS: Please leave "Deuce" in the set for tomorrow night (Concord)!!! PLEASE!
Sssnakester

Post by Sssnakester »

Hey Marcello... Have you been checking out The Treatment? I just bought their cd last week and it's pretty good. Was curious how they are live.

And thanks for the updates... Can't wait for the 26th!
chadb2448
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by chadb2448 »

Sssnakester wrote:Hey Marcello... Have you been checking out The Treatment? I just bought their cd last week and it's pretty good. Was curious how they are live.

And thanks for the updates... Can't wait for the 26th!
I've listened to some of the songs from The Treatment's new album. Good, straight-ahead rocking stuff!
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

13marcello wrote:Deuce
Rock n Roll all nite!

Thanks for the updates Marcello. I've been following all your shows and you do a great job.

I see this tour in a little over 3 weeks and I'm more and more excited as it draws closer. I know they were rotating the 3 encore songs but have they stopped w/ Strutter and only been playing Cold Gin & Deuce? I'm fine with whatever they decide but I wonder if they'd start adding more songs to the rotation.
Lands End Drums

fissaman wrote:Great work, Marcello. Top guy and a huge fan.

LED... hope you and the boy enjoyed the show, brutha. I hope you got some pics of the boy rocking out?

Did he don the war paint?
No makeup this time but he had a rub on Kiss logo tattoo on his face. His hair is short now and bleached almost white. :D

Was a fun show but Paul was clearly struggling from Shout It Out Loud on. His banter introducing Firehouse was painful to witness. Not as distracting during the songs.

Sound was a muddy mess for Crue so I was pretty worried the whole evening would be but it was nice and clear for Kiss.

Tommy Lee's "drum solo" was musically more embarassing than Rikki Rocket's. Playing a straight rhythm over hip hop samples? Really? The rollercoaster spectacle doesn't make up for the fact that you're not doing shit.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to give Lee a mic should be shot. There's nothing cool and edgy about an old wasted piece of white trash screaming fuck every 2 seconds.

My wife said she's officially done going to Kiss shows "every one is exactly the same they don't change anything or play any different songs", and I've got 2 decades of seeing the band on her, think how I feel!

Ethan had a blast, I enjoyed it and all but had no problem with it being a short show and cutting out during RARAN to beat the crowd. Unless E really wants to go see them again I think I'm happily done with the band.

Crowd was much mellower than at Maiden the other night. Though they did set a nice fire on the lawn, we were too far away in the loge area to see what exactly was going on there.
Mark Flores
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Mark Flores »

[quote="13marcello"]Deuce
Rock n Roll all nite!

Take care KISS FAQ :)[/quote]

YO

I've always wondered how parents reconcile taking a toddler to see a band who's music is 90% about hittin' strange pussy on tour.

Don't get me wrong.
I get it : Just there for make-up,bombs and costumes.
But I agreed with Paul during the Revenge era when he said
" Rock and Roll and family entertainment shouldn't go hand in hand "
I'm glad a good time was had by all in attendance.
But why was it bad to have kiddies at the shows during Dynasty , and now it's magically OK?

Mind you :
I was one of those kiddies ( 10 year old at Dynasty show )

! ! !
GeneDEUCE
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by GeneDEUCE »

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DrinkinG Stellas at the Red Robin. Don't give a shit about the opening band. Some serious white trash around. Camoflauge and wifebeaters a real flattering combo. Feel like I'm at a meth lab in a trailer park.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's exactly how I would describe the lawn seat area!!!

Can't believe so many guys were totally drunk by 7:30-8:00

Never will buy again lawn tickets fuck that shit
SonicBoom99
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by SonicBoom99 »

I wasn't at the show last night, but was at the venue for the first time for Iron Maiden last Friday. Jerks started a fire in the lawn, too. Won't go for lawn tickets at big venues again.
Firehouse66
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Firehouse66 »

My wife and I are taking our 10 y/o nephew and 9 y/o niece to the Chicago show. We have lawn seats and, although I've never had a problem in the lawn before, you guys have me a little concerned now! :-o
13marcello

Post by 13marcello »

[quote="Firehouse66"]My wife and I are taking our 10 y/o nephew and 9 y/o niece to the Chicago show. We have lawn seats and, although I've never had a problem in the lawn before, you guys have me a little concerned now! :-o[/quote]

It's good to be concerned but go enjoy the show. If trouble
starts just move. When u sit in the lawn you are free to move
about (unlike reserved seating). Last night was the only show
where I saw any nonsense. It's typical of Orange County (lived their 10 years).

You will have a great time and so will your family :)
Lands End Drums

[quote="SonicBoom99"]I wasn't at the show last night, but was at the venue for the first time for Iron Maiden last Friday. Jerks started a fire in the lawn, too. Won't go for lawn tickets at big venues again.[/quote]

Huh. Went to Maiden on Thursday, no fires on the lawn, unless I was oblivious being in the Loge.

I've been to the venue tons of times over the decades and never saw fires on the lawn before from what I can recall. You'd think a trash fet like the first Lollapalloza would have had problems but it didn't. :P

Saw the Grateful Dead there a bunch of times and there were never any incidents...

Modern mulletheads are a trashy lot.
timstar78
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by timstar78 »

Review:

KISS outshines Mötley Crüe in Irvine
The masked men were on their game and loaded with pyrotechnic thrills at Verizon.

By KELLI SKYE FADROSKI / THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

Over the past few years Kiss has been hit-or-miss live, but Tuesday night at Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Irvine, the makeup-wearing quartet more than made up for its last headlining gig, a terrible, poorly planned 2010 set at the Epicenter festival in Fontana that had zero impact after a tremendous return from Eminem.
This time the band, in full-on garb, came out with gusto, kicking off an all-killer-no-filler 13-song set with “Detroit Rock City.” The capacity crowd, which included hundreds of costumed fans sporting various Kiss looks, roared along to each track.

As usual, bassist Gene Simmons and guitarist Paul Stanley, the mainstays of the long-running group, gave everyone quite the show, the former often whipping out his slithery tongue while demon stomping across the stage in gigantic, thigh-high boots, the latter strutting around, fluffing up his hair and shaking his behind toward the screaming 20-something (yes, 20-something) women in the front row. Simmons is 62, Stanley turned 60 in January, and still young ladies try to do everything they can to get backstage – even in Irvine.

http://www.ocregister.com/entertainment ... -crue.html