"The Tour" Show 21: 8/19/12 - Ridgefield, WA

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

"The Tour" Show 21: 8/19/12 - Ridgefield, WA

Post by Admin »

Discussions, reviews, live-updates, meet-ups, etc!

Details:
http://www.kissfaq.com/KissFAQ-wiki/ind ... e_-_081912
the-rockstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Re: "The Tour" Show 22: 8/19/12 - Ridgefield, WA

Post by the-rockstar »

I'll be at this show as well!
seamusko
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Re: "The Tour" Show 22: 8/19/12 - Ridgefield, WA

Post by seamusko »

Hell yeah I'm there. 5th and final show of The Tour for me!
Erwin
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: "The Tour" Show 21: 8/19/12 - Ridgefield, WA

Post by Erwin »

Have fun rockers!
seamusko
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by seamusko »

Just got home, long drive.

This may be sappy but my mother died recently-she took me to my first, 2nd, 4th and 26th KISS shows and drove me to/bought me tickets to countless others. Her favorite guitarist was Mick Mars so I took some of her ashes to this show and spread them out at the back of the lawn. That way she saw Mick and saw her only son's favorite band and will always see live music at the venue.

Anyhow, The Treatment: mic cut out on the singer in the second song and he sang all of it without being heard. Pretty funny.

Crue notes: Mick's a trooper. Before the band took their bows he sat on the drum riser and Vince helped him off stage.

The same songs were played between sets, starting with Ace of Spades. The banner fell during War Pigs like in Auburn, on the "as the war machine keeps turning" part. The banner seemed bigger and covered the front and side of the stage. The place was pretty packed when the band took the stage.
DRC and Deuce-no real notes here.
Before I Love it Loud Paul did the "People over here let me hear you" and started with his right side. He didn't do the cut the crowd down the middle with his hands bit and had the house lights turned on so we could see ourselves. This seemed early in the show to do that. He intro'd the song saying it's off Creatures. It seemed like alot of people knew the song.
Before Firehouse was the "I got a feeeeeellliiiiin" rap. Paul got into this and said "I got to testify-waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh." I'm not sure people know the song but like Gene's fire routine. Afterwards his makeup smeared and Gene had a soulpatch! No hair for it, but no makeup either.
HoH is really growing on me and I have a feeling it will open the next tour, as MDD became an opener. Paul said Monster comes out in October, he bought the song on Itunes and "I support the band."
HoH went straight into War Machine. Still nobody singing along but it sounds good and Gene started it with the "fist pump!" line he used in Auburn. He announced "Tommy!" before the solo. People kept throwing a beachball on stage and Paul threw it back into the crowd three times.
Tommy is from Portland (although Ridgefield is about 10-15 miles North of Portland) and Paul made sure the crowd knew it. During the third chorus of Shock Me Gene bit off the black mic-cover and spit it into the crowd. Tommy went on Gene's riser again and with the bazooka, Eric first aimed it at Tommy, Tommy feigned to be scared and then Eric shot the lights. Eric seemed more animated than usual with his "Portland, I SAID are you with us?" After the solo Paul said "Tommy! Eric" without their last names.
God of Thunder-another crowd pleaser, more for Gene's theatrics. He bled on the first bell and did fly. It's weird seeing him with his wedding band. Instead of singing the "I was raised by the demons" line he yelled it.
Love Gun is my favorite KISS song and always will be. Paul intro'd it by saying he wasn't going into a long rap and said "Instead of talking the talk, I'm walking the walk." I held my mother's ashes up so she could hear/see the song.
Lick It Up went over very well-no real notes for it except during the Who breakdown Paul kept licking the air??? They showed the setlist by Eric's kit and it said Deuce was the encore.
Black Diamond: Paul played the 'clap along' riff and part of Stairway but said " You want KISS songs tonight, don't ya?" He played the first verse twice. He said that Seattle was better which got some boos and made the crowd sing it louder the second. It was Paul's thumb.
Encore: Paul said "End of the show,beginning of the albums. What song do you think we'll play?" Eric's setlist said Deuce but they played Strutter!
Strutter went right into RARAN.

Killer show-my fourth and final of show of The Tour (since Mountain View was cancelled) and my 47th overall. The final shows are always a bit sad for me but here's to the Monster tour!
Sssnakester

Post by Sssnakester »

Sorry to hear about the loss of your mom...

Thanks for the review! Come on 26th!!!
the-rockstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by the-rockstar »

I'll post a review tonight. Got a 6 hour drive back home to do right now
Johnny Sweatpants
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Johnny Sweatpants »

seamusko - Great roundup and touching story. You need to see Kiss 3 more times to make it an even 50.
the-rockstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by the-rockstar »

seamusko very touching story about your mom.

Well my view of this show is a bit different. I thought KISS was better than in Auburn but still fell a little short. There was a point in the show where Eric was standing up and drumming. Paul looked at him and pointed towards the ground and Eric without hesitation, sat down right away. Paul really seems to be dictating a bit lately. I found that weird.

Paul's voice is tragic, he had such a great voice up till 2006. He was animated and Gene was the best of the 4. He really messed up the lyrics to GOT, again.

The show was good, I'm glad I got to see Deuce in Auburn and Strutter in Ridgefield, that was a nice surprise.

I will see the band again, I could never miss a KISS show but I do feel like the band is a shell of its former self.
Firehouse66
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Firehouse66 »

STILL no tourbook????
the-rockstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by the-rockstar »

[quote="Firehouse66"]STILL no tourbook????[/quote]