"The Tour" Show 24: 8/27/12 - Maryland Heights, MO

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

"The Tour" Show 24: 8/27/12 - Maryland Heights, MO

Post by Admin »

Discussions, reviews, live-updates, meet-ups, etc!

Details:
Rockandrolloverman
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Re: "The Tour" Show 22: 8/27/12 - Maryland Heights, MO

Post by Rockandrolloverman »

I am there!
chadb2448
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by chadb2448 »

I'm there!
Rockandrolloverman
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Being a weeknite, I gotta fight traffic to get outta the parking lot, drive home almost two hours, and get up for work the next morning.

Guess I'll view that as Seinfeld did. *Daytime guy will deal with that, I am nitetime guy* LOL

The UMB Bank Pavilion is the old Riverport Amphipheater where Guns n Roses played the first (or second?)show in the then new facility, and they had the seat destroying riot over Axel getting mad over something (booed?) and ending the show after a few songs.

That has been a year or three ago.
Rockandrolloverman
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Re: "The Tour" Show 25: 8/27/12 - Maryland Heights, MO

Just put it on the schedule at work. Gonna leave at 3 in order to get the show ahead of time, and take the entire day off after the show. So I can take my precious sweet time getting home...................

Nice. I am likin this, now.
stlkiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: "The Tour" Show 24: 8/27/12 - Maryland Heights, MO

Post by stlkiss »

I'm there!!!!
toddroxx
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by toddroxx »

I will be there really early lol! :) well i hope to score some guitar picks..its part of my ritual going to shows!
EricCarr91
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by EricCarr91 »

I'm leavin Columbia between 2 & 3 & headin that way
gvermin
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by gvermin »

Hope to see you there Roxx!!!
Vern
toddroxx
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by toddroxx »

I will be looking for u Greg!
Mr D
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Mr D »

I'm there! Oh Yeah!
Rockandrolloverman
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

I'll be there too.
Taking off work two hours early and heading towards St Louis shortly thereafter.

I will be the guy with the girl with blue jeans on.
KISSRules!
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by KISSRules! »

I will be there as well! Can't wait! :D
godgaverocknroll2you
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by godgaverocknroll2you »

17 hours
49 min
35 sec
The POWER hits Maryland Heights/St Lous, MO
peace out!
BGeldy
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by BGeldy »

I'll be there with my 11 year old for his first KISS show. I'm gonna try and be there when the gates open so I can try and get front center lawn. (I'm cheap) I'll be wearing the black Destoryer t-shirt, like 200 other people. Come bye and say hello! :)
lespaul75
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by lespaul75 »

Can't wait - will be the first time seeing them live since RTN in 2005!
Unholy13
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Unholy13 »

Anyone passing through O'Fallon, IL that would wanna meet up an have a nice chat at Buffalo Wild Wings? :) or somewhere else. Not sure what my dad is in the mood for.
BGeldy
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by BGeldy »

A very nice man walked up to my son and I on the lawn and handed us two seats. Thanks whoever you are.

Also, heard between the Treatment and Crüe, the song "KISS tried to kill me." great song!
Shane_Penney
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Shane_Penney »

Enjoy the show!
BGeldy
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by BGeldy »

War Machine!
Unholy13
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Unholy13 »

Great show. Now to just get out of the parking lot..... Have a few pics and vids to post later.
stlkiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by stlkiss »

Deuce
toddroxx
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by toddroxx »

Really great show!!!This may be the heaviest I have seen them..This show just demolishes Sonic Boom tour I sure do hope they will indeed come back to St. Louis on the Monster tour..they really broughtit tonight!There were couple screw ups from Gene he started singing 1st verse of God Of Thunder early and it seemed to throw off the guitars a bit but they got back on it.just amazing show!THANK YOU KISS!!Crue were really good too!The Treatment were alright..Paul sounded great i thought!..surehe has that raspinessnow but still brings the power its just in a different way now..I honestly am impressed he is keeping his voice goin with all the screaming he doesto his vocal chords..somehow he pulls it off..Eric and Tommy were great in their part of the show..the band is tight right now..go see The Tour! 8)
chadb2448
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by chadb2448 »

Great show. The clarity of the video screen was impressive. Gene, Tommy and Eric were great. Paul did a good job. The vocal issues are most evident between songs. Of course, Paul had to get in the requisite, "I bought (HorH) on iTunes today...because I support this band."

Lots of stuff going on during the Crue set. I didn't hear any of the "out of breath" issues with Vince, but his vocals do leave a lot to be desired. I was impressed by Mick Mars, but maybe that's because I wasn't expecting much out of him. Tommy Lee's cussing rambles got old and was over the top.

I really like The Treatment and their style, but unfortunately, they probably won't make it big because straight-ahead, guitar, riff-driven rock doesn't go anywhere these days.
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Looks like another big ass crowd.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 7722_n.jpg

http://cdn.kissonline.com/non_secure/im ... s/full.jpg

LOOKS LIKE THIS THREAD WAS RELEGATED TO THE TOUR SUB FORUM BEFORE PEOPLE COULD POST PICS AND VIDEOS.
Rockandrolloverman
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

[quote="toddroxx"]Really great show!!!This may be the heaviest I have seen them..This show just demolishes Sonic Boom tour I sure do hope they will indeed come back to St. Louis on the Monster tour..they really broughtit tonight!There were couple screw ups from Gene he started singing 1st verse of God Of Thunder early and it seemed to throw off the guitars a bit but they got back on it.just amazing show!THANK YOU KISS!!Crue were really good too!The Treatment were alright..Paul sounded great i thought!..surehe has that raspinessnow but still brings the power its just in a different way now..I honestly am impressed he is keeping his voice goin with all the screaming he doesto his vocal chords..somehow he pulls it off..Eric and Tommy were great in their part of the show..the band is tight right now..go see The Tour! 8)[/quote]
Fully agree.

Great show, great turnout and really impressive overall performance.

The show was about as impressive as any I've seen from KISS, bar none.
Rockandrolloverman
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

[quote="chadb2448"]Great show. The clarity of the video screen was impressive. Gene, Tommy and Eric were great. Paul did a good job. The vocal issues are most evident between songs. Of course, Paul had to get in the requisite, "I bought (HorH) on iTunes today...because I support this band."

Lots of stuff going on during the Crue set. I didn't hear any of the "out of breath" issues with Vince, but his vocals do leave a lot to be desired. I was impressed by Mick Mars, but maybe that's because I wasn't expecting much out of him. Tommy Lee's cussing rambles got old and was over the top.

I really like The Treatment and their style, but unfortunately, they probably won't make it big because straight-ahead, guitar, riff-driven rock doesn't go anywhere these days.[/quote]

The only thing Motley Crue was missing was the token midget for added effect.

The girls on the trapeze, the stilt walker, the red robed monk dudes, the woman dancing and constant ass shaking.............Its quite different overall style and *theme* than what KISS does, but I was impressed by the MC show. It wasn't on par with the KISS extravaganza, but it was cool, well done, and had alot to see and enjoy. I got a kick out of the guy running the water cannon on one side, and his water supply kept getting shut off for whatever reason, and he kept fighting to get it feeding water again, and finally gave up on it. LOL
TarynWay
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by TarynWay »

Great reviews guys!
Mr D
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Mr D »

Awesome show. It's called "The Tour" for good reason. I've been going to concerts for 30 years and have never seen two bands on the same night with so much Pyro, smoke, lasers, video, girls, squirt guns, tatoos and other assorted eye candy. It was a visual smorgasboard. Both bands really brought their "A" game and gave solid performances. Yes there were some vocal issues with Vince garbling and butchering his words and few cracks and pops in Paul's voice but that was expected. And props to the Treatment for giving a good performance too, better than other nobody opening acts KISS has used the past couple years.
timstar78
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by timstar78 »

Review:

Kiss and Mötley Crüe at Verizon Wireless
http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/rftmus ... photos.php

When you open for Kiss you have to put on a hell of a show, and Mötley Crüe delivered. From the displays camaraderie to the set list full of hair metal hits, Crüe brings brotherhood onstage and encourages it amongst the audience. With four-way fist bumps and sly "we got this" smiles, Crüe really does seem to be in it together and working as a unit to get you pumped.
If you've been hurting for some '80s glam rock, "Shout at the Devil," "Dr. Feelgood," "Kickstart My Heart" and "Same Ol' Situation (S.O.S.)" bring you the party that you've been missing for the last twenty years. "Girls, Girls, Girls" was a particularly misogynistic good time, with the huge screen behind the band flashing photographs of scantily-clad ladies that looked like they were ganked straight from the Nude Photo Hunt bar video game. (Spliced in that sequence was a photo of Justin Bieber--nice one!) "Home Sweet Home" brought a little feeling back in the game, with low lights, a lovely full-audience sing-along and dudes holding their ladies tight.

The band members are exactly as you might remember them. Tommy Lee is still skinny and surfer-dumb goofy. His solo strapped-in upside down rollercoaster drum performance is impressive, but the medley of terrible strip club music in the background is distracting. (And I hate Rush, but Neil Peart totally did it better.) Nikki Sixx still has Joan Jett hair and wears the makeup under his eyes. Vince Neil is still smarmy in his shiny cargo camouflage bell-bottoms. (For some reason he reminded me of the "young girls in white cotton panties" scene in Wayne's World.) And, yes, Mick Mars still looks like a goth catfish.

Is it weird that I hope for a Guns 'n' Roses-style riot every time that I'm at Riverport? (And I'm from St. Louis so I'll be calling it Riverport forever, thankyouverymuch.) I had high hopes that Kiss would incite the crowd to such a degree that the barely bolted down rows of chairs would go flying in a colossal mess of a fight that would leave me terrified and with a great story to tell my grandchildren.

I was not blessed (or cursed, really) with this scenario, but I did see something else of note: my very first Kiss show. The band members have been cultural icons for nearly 40 years, so I really have no excuse. And their face-painting styles are so iconic that it doesn't even really matter who is behind the makeup anymore, if you wear the star or the kitty whiskers, you're a proper member. More than a few people in the crowd rocked the Kiss gear, including some possibly coerced children.
PelagicJoe

Post by PelagicJoe »

[quote="Unholy13"]Great show. Now to just get out of the parking lot..... Have a few pics and vids to post later.[/quote]

No kidding. We stayed in the parking lot for at least a half an hour before we even bothered pulling the car out of the parking space.
You Are Bad Phil
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by You Are Bad Phil »

Here are some band and fan photos from the local paper's website:

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/m ... 0f31a.html

(For you younger FAQers, a "paper" is a "newspaper," and it's what people used to read to get their news.) ;)
PelagicJoe

Post by PelagicJoe »

I had a blast and enjoyed the show.
You Are Bad Phil
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by You Are Bad Phil »

And... some more (really good) photos of both bands from a local radio station's site:

http://kdhx.org/music/news/concert-phot ... rettyPhoto

(For you younger FAQers, a "radio station" is like a channel that people used to turn on to listen to music. You could even download illegally from one, if you had a cassette tape and edited out the commercials.) ;)
Rockandrolloverman
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

I thought Hell or Hallelujah was just about the high point of the setlist. Sounded so good to hear a brand new KISS song live that had such energy and was well received.

Sounded great, and the graphics during the song were awesome.

War Machine was also incredible. Gene pumping his fist just after the break as the riff stomps along with the fire shooting up each beat. Wow that was well done.

Killer performance, top to bottom. They really delivered the goods in St Louis.

I also noticed that Paul's Love Gun platform not only rotates (which it started doing a couple three years ago), but not it rises, as well. VERY cool effect.
Mr D
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Mr D »

A lengthy review with setlists here:

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLcom/C ... -Rock.aspx
Rockandrolloverman
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

If they tour again for Monster, I am ALL OVER IT!

I really enjoyed this show and was fully impressed.