"The Tour" Show 26: 8/31/12 - Cincinnati, OH

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

"The Tour" Show 26: 8/31/12 - Cincinnati, OH

Post by Admin »

Discussions, reviews, live-updates, meet-ups, etc!

Details:
Tymaster
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: "The Tour" Show 26: 8/31/12 - Cincinnati, OH

Post by Tymaster »

Be there live and person, baby! Interested in checking out The Treatment. Not really a big Motley fan so that may Cincinnati Brew City time. Frosties while people watching in the cesspool of filth that is the Riverbend lawn sounds fun. Then back to my pavilion seats for the Hottest Band in the Land!
PM me folks!
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Tymaster wrote:Be there live and person, baby! Interested in checking out The Treatment. Not really a big Motley fan so that may Cincinnati Brew City time. Frosties while people watching in the cesspool of filth that is the Riverbend lawn sounds fun. Then back to my pavilion seats for the Hottest Band in the Land!
PM me folks!
I picked up the Treatment cd over the weekend. Liking it so far.MUCH better than any of the opening bands on the HSOE tour.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Oh yeah. The Academy Is and The Envy were just terrible, terrible bands. Not keen on KISS playing a truncated set because of the Crue "co-headlining" but trying to look at is as watching the Crue open up for KISS and that's a better thought than the bands on the last few tours I've seen.
SIMMONS1172
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by SIMMONS1172 »

I will be there!! Got the VIP package ( not the M & G ). Can't wait to see where our seats are!
TarynWay

Post by TarynWay »

SIMMONS1172 wrote:I will be there!! Got the VIP package ( not the M & G ). Can't wait to see where our seats are!
I did too. Mine were 8th row in front of Gene's mic. Let us know where yours were. I was happy with mine.
kisskrazed
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by kisskrazed »

We will be there. Section 100. (Gene's side) Can't wait, going to be a great show. To all the folks with lawn tickets, they ripped out all the grass & the entire lawn is astroturf. so no more mud pit & it dries super quick now due to better draining.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Venue is pushing the remaining tickets via facebook:
Tickets are still available for KISS and Motley Crue this Friday! Get em while they last! http://bit.ly/NxbjNb
Be interesting to see if the show is declared a "sell out." I haven't been to an officially sold out KISS show since 1997. Several since then have been very, very close but not 100% There is a certain buzz in the air when you are part of a show that is an official sell out. Friday night, holiday weekend, in a town famous for Labor Day histrionics!? Yeah, I'm thinking so. Turns out I won't be leaving home until 5 and I live about 2 hours from my driveway to Riverbends parking lot, so I should be getting there in the thick of the party!!!
Shane_Penney
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Shane_Penney »

Tymaster wrote:Venue is pushing the remaining tickets via facebook:
Tickets are still available for KISS and Motley Crue this Friday! Get em while they last! http://bit.ly/NxbjNb
Be interesting to see if the show is declared a "sell out." I haven't been to an officially sold out KISS show since 1997. Several since then have been very, very close but not 100% There is a certain buzz in the air when you are part of a show that is an official sell out. Friday night, holiday weekend, in a town famous for Labor Day histrionics!? Yeah, I'm thinking so. Turns out I won't be leaving home until 5 and I live about 2 hours from my driveway to Riverbends parking lot, so I should be getting there in the thick of the party!!!
About a hundred seats left in the pavilion.

Lawn is tough to tell, but it's probably going to sell well on the day of the show.

It may not sell out, but it will do very well.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Shane_Penney wrote:
Tymaster wrote:Venue is pushing the remaining tickets via facebook:
About a hundred seats left in the pavilion.

Lawn is tough to tell, but it's probably going to sell well on the day of the show.

It may not sell out, but it will do very well.
Not only is the lawn a tough sell, Riverbend is regarded as one of the worst in the country. If you're up close in the lawn, it doesn't help because it is elevated lower than the rear of the pavilion so when standing up your eyes are level with the rear ends of those standing up in the back row of the pavilion. The roof of the J. Ralph Corbett is upheld by 8 GIANT pillars that are about 10'x10' so anywhere else in the lawn and you have another obstructed view and have to rely on the"Skyline Chili Vision" screens to see all the action. However, thanks to years of the annual Jimmy Buffett shows at Riverbend the lawn is synonymous with party time, so it may well sell out with Friday night walk up sales.
kstewart1966
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by kstewart1966 »

I'm on Paul's side...third section back. Last time they were in Riverbend I was lucky enough to be right in front of where he came out in the audience...ready to see what kind of show they put on this time around!
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

I will be there. The guy with the biggest arms; That will be me.

No seriously, I will be the easiest guy to spot. I will be the guy wearing a Kiss T shirt.

I saw my second concert here.
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

If anyone wants to meet me, PM me.
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

Forevertj wrote:I will be there. The guy with the biggest arms; That will be me.

No seriously, I will be the easiest guy to spot. I will be the guy wearing a Kiss T shirt.

Oh thank God, hopefully everyone will spot the KISS shirt and get it's you. :mrgreen:
Picks-N-Sticks

Post by Picks-N-Sticks »

I have pretty good seats, so will post photos tomorrow if people want?
kstewart1966
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by kstewart1966 »

Heading out now..gotta a two hour drive from my end of Ohio...it's hot as hell out though...hope the beer's cold!
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

There are 6 pavilion seats left... :)

I'm estimating the lawn to be over half full. They'll sell a lot of lawn tickets near showtime. I'm expecting a good crowd at this one. Enjoy the show. I've only got 2 more weeks before I see them... 8)
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Shane_Penney wrote:There are 6 pavilion seats left... :)

I'm estimating the lawn to be over half full. They'll sell a lot of lawn tickets near showtime. I'm expecting a good crowd at this one. Enjoy the show. I've only got 2 more weeks before I see them... 8)
If I remember right, this place was packed back in 2010 , without the Crue.It'll be full tonight.
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

kissthat wrote:
Shane_Penney wrote:There are 6 pavilion seats left... :)

If I remember right, this place was packed back in 2010 , without the Crue.It'll be full tonight.
The FAQ says....~16,602 / 20,500 Riverbend from July 2010

I don't know if that was the wounded warriors total, or reported elsewhere. Those are good numbers for KISS alone.

I'll make a call for tonight and say 19,000+
StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

Anomaly wrote:
Forevertj wrote:I will be there. The guy with the biggest arms; That will be me.

Oh thank God, hopefully everyone will spot the KISS shirt and get it's you. :mrgreen:
He's serious. And lonely. Because everyone else will be wearing Crue shirts.
FIX
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FIX »

Great show tonight. Place was packed. Motley killed and then KISS did the same. Paul's vocals were actually quite decent, but his speaking voice was bad. Never heard the raps that strained. They were rocking and having fun tonight. A great hot and sweaty rock show.

Oh yeah, the first encore tonight was...Calling Dr. Love.
StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

FIX wrote:Great show tonight. Place was packed. Motley killed and then KISS did the same. Paul's vocals were actually quite decent, but his speaking voice was bad. Never heard the raps that strained. They were rocking and having fun tonight. A great hot and sweaty rock show.

Oh yeah, the first encore tonight was...Calling Dr. Love.

Cool! I loved the Dallas show...I had a blast.
kisskrazed
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by kisskrazed »

Killer show. Rocking to say the least. Crue and KISS did not disappoint.
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

The songs Kiss left out are shocking. I actually couldn't believe it.

I think MC played more songs than Kiss. Bummer.

Vince allows far too much audience participation instead of singing the lines himself. I hate when a band does that. If I wanted to hear no talent drunken losers sing, I would go to karaoke night at a bar.

What is really shocking is that he didn't need to do that. Near the end of the show he was doing some high pitched screams that were truly amazing. I had no idea the guy could do that. It doesn't change my opinion of him since it is based on his actions long ago, but I was impressed with that. He could have done it all on his own unless those screams were canned.

Yes there were back ups but I believe that is because those parts can't be done live.

When Nikki sang back up he pulled a Ace and went to the mic late and left early. You could barely hear him when he did 'sing".

Tommy lee is insane.Brave as a mother, but insane nevertheless, and they actually let a fan ride in that steel circle, even when it was upside down.

I wonder who decides who gets to ride? I was suprised it wasn't a large breated female, shocked is more like it. :mrgreen:

Mick Mars looks awful. I don't know how his stick thin body lives. He looks like the crypt keeper. I feel badly for the guy.

Paul has limited his vocal duties more than ever before, so in that vein, hopefully there will be a monster tour so he HAS to sing more.

I am glad I bought my merch online. I added it up and I save over 100 dollars.
Sam T Serpent

Post by Sam T Serpent »

kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Another packed house.

Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

From looking at the set lists and reading the reviews, I honestly wasn't expecting much. IMHO, KISS delivered the goods. Yes, it was a truncated set but I thought KISS pulled out the war horses and pulled off a knock out punch. It was a relentless 13 song set. Paul's voice is gone, gone, gone. Sad. However, he sounds better singing than talking to the crowd. When he tries to interact with the crowd it sounds like a cat and a frog are stuck in his throat. Gene, Tommy, and Eric help bail him out. "Calling Doctor Love" was a pleasant surprise as the encore. It was definitely a KISS show. Motley seemed like an opener, a really good opener, but an opener.
kisshall2

Post by kisshall2 »

Worst KISS show, by far, that I have seen in the past 36 years. Still love KISS, but I won't be going to another show unless there is some major change or improvement to the show.

This was worse than a 1980 Van Halen show I saw where Roth and Anthony were both drunk on their asses.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

kissthat wrote:Another packed house.

It's so hard to tell what a "sell out" is with a lawn. I've been to multiple shows at Riverbend that were announced as sell outs but I swear to Christ last night was the most people I had ever seen in that lawn. And they were into the show, man. During KISS and MC's set, one could walk right up to the RR, concessions, or merch tables. Usually at an outdoor show w/ 20k involved those lines are forever but the fans in the pavilion and the lawn weren't budging. It was a fun night!!
Last edited by Tymaster on Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

Sam T Serpent wrote:Image

Oh FFS!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

:mrgreen:

I did a head count. There were 7 guys at the concert that had what appeared to be muscle tone. Of course I was the best of the bunch. I remember thinking to myself, "Man, I hope we don't get invaded, Ethiopia could kick our asses".

It simply amazes me how fat and by the same token, how skinny people are. Fat bellies and no arms and no legs. It is ridiculous. I realize not everyone can be muscular, but my God man, at least atke care of yourselves.

As a nation, we are a sorry lot. Beautiful women with sad, pathetic little girly men.

We need to get into shape as a nation. I am not being an ass here, we are the fattest nation on earth. I didn't make that up. Something has to change before the government gets further involved.

I think I should update my photo.
KISS Unmasked II
Banned

Post by KISS Unmasked II »

Forevertj wrote: I did a head count. There were 7 guys at the concert that had what appeared to be muscle tone. Of course I was the best of the bunch.
Dude, what is wrong with you ?
You are soooooo vain !!!
:shock:
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
FOREVERTJ WAS THERE!!

ROTF....HAHAHAHAHAHA
StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

Forevertj wrote:

Oh FFS!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I did a head count. There were 7 guys at the concert that had what appeared to be muscle tone. Of course I was the best of the bunch. I remember thinking to myself, "Man, I hope we don't get invaded, Ethiopia could kick our asses".

It simply amazes me how fat and by the same token, how skinny people are. Fat bellies and no arms and no legs. It is ridiculous. I realize not everyone can be muscular, but my God man, at least atke care of yourselves.

As a nation, we are a sorry lot. Beautiful women with sad, pathetic little girly men.

We need to get into shape as a nation. I am not being an ass here, we are the fattest nation on earth. I didn't make that up. Something has to change before the government gets further involved.

You are at a Kiss/Crue concert where arguably the hottest women come out to the show, and you're counting men with muscle? :twisted:
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

KISS Unmasked II wrote:
Forevertj wrote: I did a head count. There were 7 guys at the concert that had what appeared to be muscle tone. Of course I was the best of the bunch.
You are soooooo vain !!!
You probably think this song is about you. :P
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

KISS Unmasked II wrote:
You are soooooo vain !!!
He's just messin' with us. No person is that vain. Or, if they are, it's because their mom tells them how good-looking they are, and that gives them enough confidence that in the next calendar year there is a decent chance they may end their 37-year-long string of virginity.
almostHuman
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by almostHuman »

I was there! Huge crowd! a hot, humid sweaty night.
Pauls vocals were terrible. The worst I've ever heard.
The Louisville show was much better.

We have tickets to the show tonight in Indy. Wonder if Paul can sing tonight? We shall see. :(
ACESTATION

Post by ACESTATION »

MONSTER Magnet wrote:Image
This reminds me of something from an old Monte Python show. :lol:
timstar78
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by timstar78 »

Review/photos:

Kiss, Crue put on a bright, acrobatic show
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2012 ... batic-show

You wanted the best. You got, well, you got a pretty good show.

The song remained the same as the theatrical production kept pace with technological advancement, combining for an entertaining Kiss concert at Riverbend Friday night. Fellow glam hard-rockers Motley Crue opened the show and turned in a good set as well.

Kiss’ 13-song headlining performance featured plumes of fire, clouds of smoke, green laser beams, white stage lights, confetti and the four-piece band in its iconic costumes. There were scissor lifts, spinning risers and a high-resolution video screen so humongous that it appeared as though saliva was pouring out of Gene Simmons’ mouth by the bucketful as he sang “Firehouse.”

Simmons and fellow original bandmate Paul Stanley split most of the lead vocal duties. Eric Singer, Peter Criss’ longtime replacement on drums, sang the Kiss concert staple “Black Diamond” and Ace Frehley successor Tom Thayer sang lead on “Shock Me” and handled the guitar solo, too.

Singer and Thayer did about five minutes of drum-guitar solo interplay as Simmons and Stanley wandered backstage for a breather. Simmons returned for his “God of Thunder” bit, with fake blood dripping from his mouth and wires connected to his suit, pulling him up to a riser suspended near the rafters.

It was Stanley’s turn to fly during the next song, “Love Gun.” Stanley zipped over the crowd on a wire that carried him to a small circular stage next to the front-of-house soundboard in the middle of the pavilion.

New to the set list was “Hell or Hallelujah,” a single from the band’s forthcoming album, titled “Monster,” set for an October release. The song wasn’t remarkable, but it’s not an embarrassment either when measured against the classic cuts that the band performed, like “Calling Dr. Love,” “Detroit Rock City,” “Rock and Roll All Nite” and a rendition of “Lick It Up” complete with a mid-song breakdown of the Who’s “Won’t Get Fooled Again.”
TarynWay

Post by TarynWay »

Forevertj wrote:

Oh FFS!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Interesting in that it might be true the men nowadays "let themselves go" far worse than women.
TarynWay

Post by TarynWay »

kisshall2 wrote:Worst KISS show, by far, that I have seen in the past 36 years. Still love KISS, but I won't be going to another show unless there is some major change or improvement to the show.

This was worse than a 1980 Van Halen show I saw where Roth and Anthony were both drunk on their asses.
Why?
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

[quote="StarChildBlade"][quote="Anomaly"][quote="Forevertj"]I will be there. The guy with the biggest arms; That will be me.

[b][size=200]No seriously, I will be the easiest guy to spot. I will be the guy wearing a Kiss T shirt.[/size][/b]

I saw my second concert here.[/quote]

Oh thank God, hopefully everyone will spot the KISS shirt and get it's you. :mrgreen:[/quote]

He's serious. And lonely. Because everyone else will be wearing Crue shirts.[/quote]

Analmoly?
Last edited by Forevertj on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

KISS Unmasked II wrote:
You are soooooo vain !!!

No. I am not talking about vanity. I am talking about disgust at all the people who have let themsleves go. America is the number one in all the world for obesity. Being disgusted is not vanity.
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

[quote="StarChildBlade"][quote="Forevertj"][quote="Sam T Serpent"][img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... _ncopy.jpg[/img][/quote]

Oh FFS!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I think I should update my photo.[/quote]
You are at a Kiss/Crue concert where arguably the hottest women come out to the show, and you're counting men with muscle? :twisted:[/quote]

All those hot women were taken, without exception. Also, I do not have sex with strangers, meaning I don't try hooking up with women at a concert. Many drink or smoke and I won't tolerate either. Same thing with tattoos. I don't accept those on a woman, so most women there do not qualify for my affection.

Everyone has their likes and dislikes.
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

[quote="Crown Royal"][quote="KISS Unmasked II"][quote="Forevertj"]
I did a head count. There were 7 guys at the concert that had what appeared to be muscle tone. Of course I was the best of the bunch.[/quote]

You are soooooo vain !!!
:shock:[/quote]

He's just messin' with us. No person is that vain. Or, if they are, it's because their mom tells them how good-looking they are, and that gives them enough confidence that in the next calendar year there is a decent chance they may end their 37-year-long string of virginity.[/quote]

Of course I am messing around. I don't for one instance think I am so great. I just like to rile people up. It's a shame that people get so upset that they engage in hate speech. I was just joking. That doesn't merit the flack I get.

My mother is no longer with us and she never told me how great I am. The room full of first place trophies, and that is not a joke, speaks for itself. I happen to be one of the greatest arm wrestlers to ever live. (drug free)

There are roid heads that can thrash me, but they are cheaters. No one that is clean and in my weight class can beat me. It hasn't happened in over 18 years.

BTW I love Kiss.
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

[quote="TarynWay"][quote="Forevertj"][quote="Sam T Serpent"][img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... _ncopy.jpg[/img][/quote]

Oh FFS!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I think I should update my photo.[/quote]

Interesting in that it might be true the men nowadays "let themselves go" far worse than women.[/quote]

It is a tie where I live. 50/50. Or it seems that way. BTW, .. nevermind.
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

[quote="Forevertj"][quote="StarChildBlade"][quote="Anomaly"][quote="Forevertj"]I will be there. The guy with the biggest arms; That will be me.

[b][size=200]No seriously, I will be the easiest guy to spot. I will be the guy wearing a Kiss T shirt.[/size][/b]

I saw my second concert here.[/quote]

Oh thank God, hopefully everyone will spot the KISS shirt and get it's you. :mrgreen:[/quote]

He's serious. And lonely. Because everyone else will be wearing Crue shirts.[/quote]

Analmoly?[/quote]

Potatoes?
kisskrazed
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by kisskrazed »

Thought it was funny they were playing the Black Spiders song "kiss tried to kill me" over the PA before the KISS setup finished. That song cracks me up.
Rockandrolloverman
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Rockandrolloverman »

Yes, they also have a new walking to the stage intro clip they play before they start the show.