"The Tour" Show 33: 9/11/12 - Allegan, MI

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

"The Tour" Show 33: 9/11/12 - Allegan, MI

Post by Admin »

Discussions, reviews, live-updates, meet-ups, etc!

Details:
gappvembe
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: "The Tour" Show 31: 9/11/12 - Allegan, MI

Post by gappvembe »

Waiting for the tickets to go on sale.
gappvembe

Post by gappvembe »

Presale was today. Standing Room Only $79.
gappvembe

Post by gappvembe »

Anyone interested in some GA tickets?
Face value at $79 each, I have two extras.
gappvembe

Post by gappvembe »

gappvembe wrote:Anyone interested in some GA tickets?
Face value at $79 each, I have two extras.
Finally got some friends to take them off of my hands.

Anyway tomorrow!!!!!
gappvembe

Re: "The Tour" Show 33: 9/11/12 - Allegan, MI

Post by gappvembe »

RockHard or ludzil, are you going to this?
ludzil
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by ludzil »

I will be there!
crazykissfan93
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by crazykissfan93 »

My uncle is going, I would go but there was no sale for M&G.
frehley freak
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by frehley freak »

crazykissfan93 wrote:My uncle is going, I would go but there was no sale for M&G.
The rumor is that theyve put a hold on Van Andel, maybe you can then...
RockHard
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by RockHard »

I am going also!
frehley freak
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by frehley freak »

Wore my Ace Frehley shirt from 2011 to teh show tonight and Gene wagged his finger, shook his head at me and then pointed to his codpiece. Vocals were to quiet tonight... but i was at the barrier and center. Heard Gene just fine.
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

frehley freak wrote:Wore my Ace Frehley shirt from 2011 to teh show tonight and Gene wagged his finger, shook his head at me and then pointed to his codpiece. Vocals were to quiet tonight... but i was at the barrier and center. Heard Gene just fine.
Encore song?
ludzil

Post by ludzil »

warmachine731 wrote:
frehley freak wrote:Wore my Ace Frehley shirt from 2011 to teh show tonight and Gene wagged his finger, shook his head at me and then pointed to his codpiece. Vocals were to quiet tonight... but i was at the barrier and center. Heard Gene just fine.
Encore song?
If I remember correctly...

Cold Gin
Rock and Roll All Nite
gappvembe

Post by gappvembe »

ludzil wrote:
warmachine731 wrote:
Encore song?
If I remember correctly...

Cold Gin
Rock and Roll All Nite
Yep
gappvembe

Post by gappvembe »

Just got back. First time seeing Motley and my tenth time seeing KISS.
I'm indifferent to The Treatment. The music sounded alright, but I couldn't make out any of the words.

Motley Crue put on a hell of a show. The stage was full. Odd, but nice seeing the girls on stage. I didn't expect them to sing back up, but it sure was welcome. I expected Mick Mars be a lot worse, but he didn't seem to be stuck on stage. He looked more limber than I thought he would. I appreciate Mick's playing more after seeing him. For some reason his work on "Home Sweet Home" reminded me of Def Leppard's "Love Bites". I also expected Vince Neil to sound horrible, but he did an alright job. He was overshadowed by the instruments (Paul was partially too), overall his voice is more "whiny" than I would like, but that's his voice and I can't fault him for that. Tommy Lee's drum solo was fantastic. He addressed the crowed as commandingly as Vince. Nikki was overall just fine. The band looked like they were really enjoying themselves. The stage was always busy. They played all the hits, or at least the ones I know.

The first think I noticed about KISS' stage was how much more room there was compared to Motley Crue's. I have to say it worked. KISS' stage was a lot more bright and during their screen (not sure if it was the same one), it seemed much clearer (maybe they used different cameras). The most unique video segment for me was for War Machine [literal KISS Army and a dragon]. I mentioned Paul was kinda hard to hear. He was very stable, but it was a bit quieter. I wasn't disappointed, in fact better than I thought it would be. Other than that, a KISS show, flying, blood, rockets. It may be standard, but I still find it pleasantly enduring.
Trance
Banned

Post by Trance »

"Love Bites" reminds you of Mick's work on "Home Sweet Home".

Motley Crue are making more new fans this tour than KISS.
Mandrakegray
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Mandrakegray »

I dunno...it looks like both are to me. I've had several Crue fans tell me they were more impressed with KISS. The main commonality being that they were already familiar with the Crue show. Kind of how some KISS fans are reacting to seeing Crue. It's the same with a lot of the comments posted online by those seeing both bands for the first time. KISS is getting a lot of the nods. Crue is too, no doubt. It seems to me to be a win-win across the board. The expected partisan fan comments we all knew would be there when the tour was first announced have certainly come to fruition...but the reaction from general rock fans hitting this show seem to be overall positive for both. It seems this package really worked as a "bucket list" type of show. Lots of posts from people seeing either one of, or both bands for the first time. The vast majority of comments are praising the entire show and both bands.
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

Trance wrote:"Love Bites" reminds you of Mick's work on "Home Sweet Home".

Interesting. Can you point out the source for this 'fact'?
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

Mandrakegray wrote:I dunno...it looks like both are to me. I've had several Crue fans tell me they were more impressed with KISS. The main commonality being that they were already familiar with the Crue show. Kind of how some KISS fans are reacting to seeing Crue. It's the same with a lot of the comments posted online by those seeing both bands for the first time. KISS is getting a lot of the nods. Crue is too, no doubt. It seems to me to be a win-win across the board. The expected partisan fan comments we all knew would be there when the tour was first announced have certainly come to fruition...but the reaction from general rock fans hitting this show seem to be overall positive for both. It seems this package really worked as a "bucket list" type of show. Lots of posts from people seeing either one of, or both bands for the first time. The vast majority of comments are praising the entire show and both bands.
I went to bed early last night, after not feeling well all day. I got up this morning to look at numerous pics and comments on my phone from a friend who attended the show, excellent seats up front (got one of Paul's picks, too). He has been to a lot of shows, and said this one was unique because he was surrounded by many people who had not seen KISS in concert. He said they were all very impressed, and had a great time during KISS' set. He also said the Crue did a really good job.

Both bands are kicking ass this tour. KISS fans are appreciating Motley more, and Motley fans are appreciating KISS more. It's a win-win.
Elibuster
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Elibuster »

Well....I gotta say that last nights show was my 40th KISS concert, and was one of the best I've ever seen. I attended the show last week in Clarkston and I couldn't believe how great Paul sounded last night in comparison. Of course, Paul also wasn't doing his vocal gymnastics or yelling at the audience, so maybe he's FINALLY realizing something. I was in the front row, got some guitar pics, took some great photos.

On a side note, Tommy Lee pointed at me and my sister, laughed and dumped a bottle of champagne on us. At the end of the show, Nikki, with bucket of water in hand, was about to toss the water into the crowd to the left us. Tommy comes running to him with a bucket, stops him from tossing his water, points to me and my sister, and clearly says, "Get these two". And then we get two buckets of water thrown at us. Tommy? Bro? What did we ever do to you?
Attachments
260038_3984056672763_1629949817_n.jpg
271485_3984071313129_15584992_o.jpg
3686_3984069433082_2132759506_n.jpg
309255_3984069993096_929078763_n.jpg
Deleted User 4429

Post by Deleted User 4429 »

Elibuster wrote:Well....I gotta say that last nights show was my 40th KISS concert, and was one of the best I've ever seen. I attended the show last week in Clarkston and I couldn't believe how great Paul sounded last night in comparison. Of course, Paul also wasn't doing his vocal gymnastics or yelling at the audience, so maybe he's FINALLY realizing something. I was in the front row, got some guitar pics, took some great photos.

On a side note, Tommy Lee pointed at me and my sister, laughed and dumped a bottle of champagne on us. At the end of the show, Nikki, with bucket of water in hand, was about to toss the water into the crowd to the left us. Tommy comes running to him with a bucket, stops him from tossing his water, points to me and my sister, and clearly says, "Get these two". And then we get two buckets of water thrown at us. Tommy? Bro? What did we ever do to you?

Great pics and review! 8)

Maybe they dump stuff on the crowd to dissuade people from bringing cameras... I still think it's pretty douchy of them to do though.
frehley freak
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by frehley freak »

Elibuster wrote:Well....I gotta say that last nights show was my 40th KISS concert, and was one of the best I've ever seen. I attended the show last week in Clarkston and I couldn't believe how great Paul sounded last night in comparison. Of course, Paul also wasn't doing his vocal gymnastics or yelling at the audience, so maybe he's FINALLY realizing something. I was in the front row, got some guitar pics, took some great photos.

Thanks man because that second bucket he had was going to go right at me with two hot chicks on both sides of me and they decided to get you guys instead... phwew. Was the Champagne sticky for the rest of the night?
Elibuster
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Elibuster »

Ya know, as far as the water is concerned, yeah its douchy, but I gotta admit that in the middle of all that craziness I really didn't mind all that much. I knew it was coming so I already had my stuff in a plastic bag in my pocket. At least the bucket of water washed away a lot of the cheap champagne that was starting to make my hair all crusty!!! Every once in a while, ya just gotta go with the flow and have a good time.

I have a ton of really good pics. I'll post on here if you guys wanna see them.

Also, I forgot to mention that walking through this small town county fair before and after the show was very cool because everyone was walking around the rides and concessions wearing their KISS t-shirts and it looked like I was on the set of "Kiss Meets The Phantom."
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Crown Royal wrote:

No facts or source just Trance's post history, more "wishful" thinking than anything else. :lol: I'll never understand why some want them to fail so bad. Sure if and when they fail, make fun of them. But obscene claims that they are when just the opposite is true is comical. :lol:
gappvembe

Post by gappvembe »

kissthat wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:

No facts or source just Trance's post history, more "wishful" thinking than anything else. :lol: I'll never understand why some want them to fail so bad. Sure if and when they fail, make fun of them. But obscene claims that they are when just the opposite is true is comical. :lol:
No this is something I said in my review of the show, that Mick during HSH, reminded me of Def Leppard (specifically Phil) doing Love Bites live. Obviously not note for note, but at least atmospherically.
KISSman24
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSman24 »

Trance wrote:Motley Crue are making more new fans this tour than KISS.
While I'm sure you know this as fact, if that is so, it's only because there are a lot more KISS fans at the shows than Crue fans. You can't convert the converted.
ninelives
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by ninelives »

Here are some pics i took from the front row
Attachments
kissmotley 042.jpg
kissmotley 036.jpg
kissmotley 043.jpg
kissmotley 038.jpg
kissmotley 036.jpg