"The Tour" Show 34: 9/12/12 - Cleveland, OH

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

"The Tour" Show 34: 9/12/12 - Cleveland, OH

Post by Admin »

Discussions, reviews, live-updates, meet-ups, etc!

Details:
Brown Trout
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Re: "The Tour" Show 34: 9/12/12 - Cleveland, OH

Post by Brown Trout »

I'll be there
metaldad
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by metaldad »

Have a great time all............
Shazapp
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Shazapp »

I am looking forward to it. I'm taking my friend to her first KISS concert (and her first Crue concert). Should be awesome!
HOFCity
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by HOFCity »

Have fun everyone.

Was going to go and was looking forward to it but just can't see spending that much money on myself .... besides my son has Football ( first year of tackle ) and I'm helping coach the team.

Monster Tour though.... I will be there !!!
j2m1979
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by j2m1979 »

have a great time...sold my tix...just couldn't get up for this tour...not a crue fan at all.
Deleted User 4429

Post by Deleted User 4429 »

Have a great time!! :D
matt1977
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by matt1977 »

My first concert of any kind was the Creatures tour in Feb, "83. I have seen at least one show on every Kiss tour since. Sadly, this will be the first Kiss show that I have willingly missed in the city I was living in... After being pleasantly surprised by the Alive 35 show I saw in '09, I checked out the shed tour in "10 (almost exactly two years ago), and was horribly disappointed. They just had no energy whatsoever, and were so obviously going through the motions (not to mention Paul's voice). Now, I'm not naive enough to say that they haven't been going through the motions for at least a decade, but they at least were OK at hiding it. That show was the first time that I said to myself "I'm not sure if I'm going to go next time..."

I fall in the category of fan that still loves the stuff that i have always liked, but just isn't all that into what they've done in the recent past. I always check in on what they're up to, but don't take them very seriously these days. That said, I've always had a good time at a Kiss show, regardless of lineup; and I've always been excited to go. I even was slightly optimistic for future tours when I heard about Paul's vocal surgery, but hearing all of the clips since his procedure quickly quashed that... Not to mention the horrible news that they are tuning down to accommodate his vocal issues. All that aside, I left the door open to go tonight and was playing it by ear, but even after hearing some local radio guys talking about the show this morning, and remembering how exciting the day leading up to a Kiss show used to be for me, I couldn't shake my memory of that last show. Still, I thought maybe I would cruise out there after work, but sadly, as the day went on, I forgot about it altogether... Later this evening, when I realized that I didn't go, I just shrugged... but at the same time, I realized how weird it was....

Kiss was playing in my town tonight. And I didn't care.

I'm sure there are some of you that will bash me, and some that completely understand where I'm coming from. And that's OK. I've never been a big fan of the "I'm a better fan than you because of XYZ..." thing... I just had a weird moment today and wanted to share it with fellow die-hards, regardless of what camp you're in... Thanks for letting me ramble for a minute...

Matt
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

It's cool man. It's nice to see a real honest opinion of someone who has just lost feeling for it (so to speak).

What do you mean it felt weird though? Did you mean how it felt really weird not seeing KISS while they were in town? I feel like even though I wasn't a fan of this 2012 bill, I knew I couldn't miss seeing KISS. I couldn't imagine the feeling i'd get inside knowing i'm passing up seeing my favorite band. And lets be real for a minute.. How many more opportunities are we going to be able to see this band? That's my mentality and that's why I see everything I can.

Again, glad you were honest and didn't go on a tangent against the current lineup. And you're right, they smoked in 2009 and 2010 was definitely down a notch but I believe that was due to a couple years of constant touring or just going through the motions. It happens to the best of them but it's one hell of an experience when they're firing on all cylinders!
deuce62896
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by deuce62896 »

matt1977 wrote:My first concert of any kind was the Creatures tour in Feb, "83. I have seen at least one show on every Kiss tour since. Sadly, this will be the first Kiss show that I have willingly missed in the city I was living in... After being pleasantly surprised by the Alive 35 show I saw in '09, I checked out the shed tour in "10 (almost exactly two years ago), and was horribly disappointed. They just had no energy whatsoever, and were so obviously going through the motions (not to mention Paul's voice). Now, I'm not naive enough to say that they haven't been going through the motions for at least a decade, but they at least were OK at hiding it. That show was the first time that I said to myself "I'm not sure if I'm going to go next time..."

I fall in the category of fan that still loves the stuff that i have always liked, but just isn't all that into what they've done in the recent past. I always check in on what they're up to, but don't take them very seriously these days. That said, I've always had a good time at a Kiss show, regardless of lineup; and I've always been excited to go. I even was slightly optimistic for future tours when I heard about Paul's vocal surgery, but hearing all of the clips since his procedure quickly quashed that... Not to mention the horrible news that they are tuning down to accommodate his vocal issues. All that aside, I left the door open to go tonight and was playing it by ear, but even after hearing some local radio guys talking about the show this morning, and remembering how exciting the day leading up to a Kiss show used to be for me, I couldn't shake my memory of that last show. Still, I thought maybe I would cruise out there after work, but sadly, as the day went on, I forgot about it altogether... Later this evening, when I realized that I didn't go, I just shrugged... but at the same time, I realized how weird it was....

Kiss was playing in my town tonight. And I didn't care.

I'm sure there are some of you that will bash me, and some that completely understand where I'm coming from. And that's OK. I've never been a big fan of the "I'm a better fan than you because of XYZ..." thing... I just had a weird moment today and wanted to share it with fellow die-hards, regardless of what camp you're in... Thanks for letting me ramble for a minute...

Matt
I get it but I have to disagree with you that they're going through the motions. I don't see why they would bother doing it if they weren't in to it. They don't need the money and they don't care what people think so I just can't see it. I think it's more likely that they simply had a bad show in 2010. I don't like seeing them at Blossom so for me it's always a little less spectacular for me what they play there instead of the Quicken Loans Arena. Anyway... hopefully you'll get a little spark down the road and see them again if they come back around. By the way... I though tonights show was very good. Paul was smiling the entire time and everyone seemed in to it. I thought the Gene's blood routine was especially good.
matt1977
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by matt1977 »

By "weird", I just meant that...

Kiss was playing tonight. I wasn't excited, wasn't going, and wasn't really bothered by either of those things.

It was just odd when thinking back to all of the times I've seen them, and all of the memories of being so psyched.

I'm not saying I won't consider it next time, it's just the first time I've missed them on purpose.
Brown Trout
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Brown Trout »

C'Mon and Love Me was the encore with RARAN
fissaman

Post by fissaman »

matt1977 wrote:By "weird", I just meant that...

Kiss was playing tonight. I wasn't excited, wasn't going, and wasn't really bothered by either of those things.

It was just odd when thinking back to all of the times I've seen them, and all of the memories of being so psyched.

I'm not saying I won't consider it next time, it's just the first time I've missed them on purpose.

Matt, I get what you're saying but it puzzles me that after all these years of being a diehard you saw one poor show and you decide not to go ?

Surely, after the glowing reviews we've been hearing it was worth a shot?

Oh well, if the flame has died for you then I can understand why.
OHKISSFAN

Post by OHKISSFAN »

C'Mon and Love Me was the encore with RARAN

^^^^

AWESOME!!!

Didn't make the Cleveland shoe - went to the Pitt show over Labor Day weekend instead.

--would have loved to hear them play C'mon and love Me!!

Thanks for the info
deuce62896
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by deuce62896 »

Anyone get the meet and greet and not have you photo posted yet? There are 78 photos posted but mine is not. Freaking out a little.
Shazapp
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Shazapp »

Well, I went...and I had a great time. My friend, who had never seen either Kiss or Motley Crue before, was blown away. (Sure, she's a casual fan but it's going to be a lot easier to impress someone who isn't nitpicking everything.)

Paul's voice sounded damn good last night. Not 1983 good but better than 2009 or 2010. He seemed to be in great spirits too.

Come On and Love Me was the first song of the encore and it was AWESOME. They nailed it.

Vince Neil broke his foot during the first song of Motley's set and he limped around the stage for the rest of the show. I have to give him credit for being a professional. He was in obvious pain all night but he finished the show and sounded much better than he did when I saw the Crue for the first time in 2005.

Complain all you want...but I had a blast, got my money's worth, and went home happy.
FracturedMirror78
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by FracturedMirror78 »

I was there in section 22 and I had a great time! Both bands put on a great show. I was there for KISS of course so I saved my energy for them when Motley was playing. There were a lot of "fuck yeah!" and all that stuff when Motley was on but pretty much none of that when KISS was playing. Vince Neil sprained or broke his ankle at like the second song so the whole show he was dragging ass but he still kicked ass...(the best he can anymore). You see, its not about the negative sides about both bands or just KISS. Like, who cares if Pauls voice isnt what it used to be because nobdody cares at a KISS concert nowadays. I acctually like the sound of Pauls voice because it adds an "edgy" feel to the songs.And also the "stale" setlist too...its bang bang bang hit after hit! Just straight up in your face rock n roll!!. Its about celebrating the music with friends and just taking in that once in a lifetime experience that I believe that everybody just experience! I had the time of my life at the concert and It was now my 3rd time seeing the band and they sounded tight and also really good in the new lower tuning in which I didnt see any problem in. War Machine and God of Thunder sounded excellent and even HOH. I was looking around and all I seen were people standing with their arms folded just standing there! :shock: its a KISS concert people! get crazy! I know I was!! haha :D I support this band in everything they do and I cant wait for MONSTER! its gonna freakin rock! I had the time of my life last night and I cant wait to see them in the next year or two on the MONSTER TOUR!!
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

KISS with the Ohio KISS Army at the packed Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls last night!
matt1977
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by matt1977 »

It wasn't that one bad show changed everything... More of a "last straw" kinda thing... And again, I have not sworn off all things Kiss... I wouldn't be surprised if I saw them again at some point.

Pretty awesome that they played C"mon and Love Me... Always cool when they mix in something different.