"The Tour" Show 39: 9/19/12 - Camden, NJ

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

"The Tour" Show 39: 9/19/12 - Camden, NJ

Post by Admin »

Discussions, reviews, live-updates, meet-ups, etc!

Details:
dinsdale
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Re: "The Tour" Show 40: 9/19/12 - Camden, NJ

Post by dinsdale »

i'm early on this. my girl & i will be there section 103 i think near the back. bringin a camera for pics. rocknroll party
shark420
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Re: "The Tour" Show 40: 9/19/12 - Camden, NJ

Post by shark420 »

Hey guys, got 1 ticket to the show, friend had to bail out at the last minute. Its an AWESOME seat its in the pit section row 2 seat 40 which puts you right in front of Gene. It's a hard ticket not an email print kind. Asking $200 and that will include overnight shipping to you so you have it in time. PM if interested
KISSman24
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Re: "The Tour" Show 39: 9/19/12 - Camden, NJ

Post by KISSman24 »

If I don't get murdered, it should be a good night.
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

KISSman24 wrote:If I don't get murdered, it should be a good night.
I was going to post in this thread the night of the show..."I hope you all come back with two kidneys." :lol:

But on a serious note, I do hope you all come back with two kidneys.
KISSman24
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSman24 »

Anomaly wrote:
I was going to post in this thread the night of the show..."I hope you all come back with two kidneys." :lol:

That's a pretty high bar you are setting there. The good news is that we can still live a pretty full life with only one, so....
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

KISSman24 wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

That's a pretty high bar you are setting there. The good news is that we can still live a pretty full life with only one, so....
I'll change my post then...

...come back alive. 8)
Localtracks
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by Localtracks »

I'll be there with my best buddy since grade school. We've been to at least 10 Kiss concerts together over the years.

One thing I'm pissed about is how Ticketmaster sells tickets. I jumped online as soon as tickets went on sale and got good seats. I remember that anything better was blocked out or marked as sold.

Well, here it is the day before the show, and better seats are now available!

Ah well, live and learn!
KISSman24
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSman24 »

Localtracks wrote:One thing I'm pissed about is how Ticketmaster sells tickets. I jumped online as soon as tickets went on sale and got good seats. I remember that anything better was blocked out or marked as sold.

Well, here it is the day before the show, and better seats are now available!
And cheaper. The same tickets we got at $175 are now going for less than $130. :?
Localtracks
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by Localtracks »

By the way - I never drive into Camden. I park at Penn's Landing and take the Ferry over - talk about a Kiss mini-Kruise!
Shane_Penney
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Shane_Penney »

Jesus, this place sounds like Fallujah, Iraq.
dinsdale
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by dinsdale »

there are parts of camden that you would swear zombies could at anytime start charging at you.
dinsdale
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by dinsdale »

i've been looking around on at the other "tour" threads, can anyone tell us when crue goes on. i gotta go late & i'm hoping i'm good getting there by 8 to see crue at 830?
KISSman24
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSman24 »

dinsdale wrote:i've been looking around on at the other "tour" threads, can anyone tell us when crue goes on. i gotta go late & i'm hoping i'm good getting there by 8 to see crue at 830?
Crue will probably be playing when you get there.
dinsdale
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by dinsdale »

ok ur saying they'll be on closer to 8. cool, if i leave at 730 i'll still be good. gotta wait for my girl to get home from work
KISSman24
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSman24 »

dinsdale wrote:ok ur saying they'll be on closer to 8. cool, if i leave at 730 i'll still be good. gotta wait for my girl to get home from work
In Irvine, Crue was on before 8pm. The odd thing there was that the ticket said 7pm, but The Treatment were already playing before 7pm so it's hard for me to say what time the Crue will be on. Just don't be surprised if they're already on stage by the time you get there. You'll see most of them, though.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Mötley Crüe are scheduled to go on every night at 7:30pm. I've seen the show three times so far and they usually came on right about 7:45pm.
Wildwood75
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Wildwood75 »

In Camden, after a show, you get the hell out of there in a hurry!

Going tonite!! KISS Tonite!
macfan72870
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by macfan72870 »

i'll be there as well, and after its over i plan to get the hell outta there asap, camden makes philadelphia look like mr. rogers' s neighborhood
Wildwood75

Post by Wildwood75 »

macfan72870 wrote:i'll be there as well, and after its over i plan to get the hell outta there asap, camden makes philadelphia look like mr. rogers' s neighborhood

It sure does. I feel a lot safer in Philadelphia. Camden has been the #1 most dangerous city in America, however I think another city took #1 this year, with Camden at #2.
dinsdale
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by dinsdale »

section 103 row W seats 1&2. come say hi! no worries on arrivals. my girl gets out of work an hr earlier tonight so we won't miss anything!!! rocknfuckin roll!!!
Ren5150
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ren5150 »

Greetings from shithole Camden!
dinsdale
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by dinsdale »

REN u made it & didn't get shot on the way in! amazing!!!
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

Ren5150 wrote:Greetings from shithole Camden!
Rather than saying "enjoy the show", I'll say "good luck".
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

Wildwood75 wrote:
macfan72870 wrote:i'll be there as well, and after its over i plan to get the hell outta there asap, camden makes philadelphia look like mr. rogers' s neighborhood

It sure does. I feel a lot safer in Philadelphia. Camden has been the #1 most dangerous city in America, however I think another city took #1 this year, with Camden at #2.
It was up there according to Forbes, I remember seeing it! But it appears as though it's fallen out of the top 10 worst. That doesn't mean it's gotten better, it just means some other places are just extremely rough. All in all, Camden is not your typical hang out place!

Enjoy the show :lol:
KISSman24
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSman24 »

Great KISS show as always. Quick highlights before bed....

1. I wasn't murdered.
2. Encore song was "Strutter".
3. Crowd definitely seemed more into KISS than Crue.
4. Paul's voice was as good as I've heard it in previous shows. I suppose it's the down tuning, but he managed it quite well tonight
5. "Hell or Hallelujah" sounded great tonight. Very tight. I didn't think it sounded as good when I saw them in Irvine, CA.
6. One of the guys I went with found a Peter Criss face shirt online and wore it solely for the intent to annoy me. :lol:
7. More people were there than I expected. Seeing all the tickets that were available on Live Nation as of yesterday, I expected to see more empty seats than there were.
Ren5150
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ren5150 »

Decent show. Crue, IMHO, blew KISS away tonight. Show wise, sound wise and energy wise. The KISS setlist is weak, drop a few, get some more lively stuff. The mix, where I sat, was muddy as hell but Camden always sounds like crap. Either way, pics etc to come soon. 3 more shows in the next 4 days!
Wildwood75

Post by Wildwood75 »

Great show. Sound issues in the beginning...Couldn't hear Paul's guitar for the 1st couple songs, just all bass, lead guitar and drums. Kiss played 85 minutes. And we were treated to "Strutter."
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

KISS with the Camden crowd at the Susquehanna Bank Center last night!
semidetached
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by semidetached »

Took my woman to her first KISS show, which she wasn't looking forward to (she was there for Crue). She enjoyed them both.

My friend, who sees KISS occasionally, found them to be the same old same old. I didn't want to feel that way, but it pretty much felt like KISS by the numbers. DRC and SIOL sounded incredibly slow, so the opening of the show was probably the least exciting of the 20 or so shows I've been to. Paul sounded better than last tour IMO, but everyone around me kinda laughed at the failing vocal acrobatics between songs.

It was a good time though, and I'm glad that I went... but it really feels like it's nearing the end.
Wildwood75

Post by Wildwood75 »

semidetached wrote:Took my woman to her first KISS show, which she wasn't looking forward to (she was there for Crue). She enjoyed them both.

My friend, who sees KISS occasionally, found them to be the same old same old. I didn't want to feel that way, but it pretty much felt like KISS by the numbers. DRC and SIOL sounded incredibly slow, so the opening of the show was probably the least exciting of the 20 or so shows I've been to. Paul sounded better than last tour IMO, but everyone around me kinda laughed at the failing vocal acrobatics between songs.

It was a good time though, and I'm glad that I went... but it really feels like it's nearing the end.

I agree. DRC &SIOL were down tempo. Paul sounded okay. I feel the pace of the show was slower as far as playing is concerned. But, it's always great to see a Kiss

show.
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

Ren5150 wrote:Decent show. Crue, IMHO, blew KISS away tonight. Show wise, sound wise and energy wise. The KISS setlist is weak, drop a few, get some more lively stuff. The mix, where I sat, was muddy as hell but Camden always sounds like crap. Either way, pics etc to come soon. 3 more shows in the next 4 days!
Enjoy! Are you going to PNC and Jones Beach? Usually i'd always go and if I were it'd be cool to meet up!

Enjoy the shows
dinsdale
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by dinsdale »

loads of pics to come. brilliant show all around, Tommy/Eric should do a medley of KISS songs, i think it would go over better. some dick behind us kept yelling "where's ace!" all drunk. my girl turned around & told him to "shut the fuck up, no one cares" i was rollin!!!

my girl liked crue show more because she just enjoyed their show, the girls, drum roller coaster. said KISS had the better music, but just a huge screen behind them. we ran up to Paul while he was singing love gun right behind us.

security almost threw us out for moving up to empty seats, i mean they were empty, we even asked thge people next to the empty seats. my girl was yelling at him & i had to pull her away, then she went down & yelled a bit more, it was great!

some songs just sound odd tuned down, but then war machine G.O.T. & others were just nasty good.

hope some good vids turn up.

REN!!! did u tape anything??? i got half of love gun with an iphone
cecil1
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Camden review from last night

Post by cecil1 »

This was my 25th Kiss show, first time at Camden. I found the venue to be quite nice. Enjoyed the views looking back over to Philly, liked the setup inside. Much different that I expected based on what other people were saying.

I saw opening night of this tour in Bristow and thought Kiss was a disaster. My review of that show speaks for it's self. Everything to me seemed a bit off. Very disappointed in their performance. First time I ever left a Kiss concert feeling letdown.Thought the new stage sucked. Band seemed slow and lethargic. Crue kicked ass that night.

Last night, I feel that might have been the best I have ever seen KIss. Band had great energy, Paul sounded fine. Moving the screens in front of the stairs completely changed the stage for the better. I thought the stage and lighting were terrific. I feel the band was in fine form. One thing I noticed is, this lineup seems to really enjoy playing with one another. Paul, in paticular, looks super happy, and no doubt he is a rock star. I thought every song was great, and everything I love about this band was on display tonight. Now again, this is MY OPINION and some who were there last night might differ some, but I REALLY, REALLY, enjoyed KIss last night. And in the end, isn't that why we go in the first place?
Ren5150
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ren5150 »

Here's one of my video clips from the show. Free tickets aren't always the best tickets....2nd row? My ass.

xbyALsgQVwU
Wildwood75

Post by Wildwood75 »

The liquor was flowing last night for sure. I had some drunken fools in front of me making complete asses of themselves. I don't drink at shows b'cuzz you get the

unfortunatelty experience the morons who drink too much and ultimaely won't remember the show at all and wonder where the bruises and cuts come from.

You won free 2nd row tickets...From WMMR?
Ren5150
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ren5150 »

Wildwood75 wrote:The liquor was flowing last night for sure. I had some drunken fools in front of me making complete asses of themselves. I don't drink at shows b'cuzz you get the

unfortunatelty experience the morons who drink too much and ultimaely won't remember the show at all and wonder where the bruises and cuts come from.

You won free 2nd row tickets...From WMMR?
No sir, comped from the band.

Here's 1/2 hour highlight video...

P3RNEMETyQs
asamphord

Post by asamphord »

2nd row, extreme left!

LOL
kissologistna
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by kissologistna »

[quote="Ren5150"][quote="Wildwood75"]The liquor was flowing last night for sure. I had some drunken fools in front of me making complete asses of themselves. I don't drink at shows b'cuzz you get the

You won free 2nd row tickets...From WMMR?[/quote]

No sir, comped from the band.

Here's 1/2 hour highlight video...

P3RNEMETyQs[/quote]

Great video, Ren...captures the vibe of the show perfectly.
Erwin

Post by Erwin »

[quote="dinsdale"]loads of pics to come. brilliant show all around, Tommy/Eric should do a medley of KISS songs, i think it would go over better. some dick behind us kept yelling "where's ace!" all drunk. my girl turned around & told him to "shut the fuck up, no one cares" i was rollin!!!

my girl liked crue show more because she just enjoyed their show, the girls, drum roller coaster. said KISS had the better music, but just a huge screen behind them. we ran up to Paul while he was singing love gun right behind us.

security almost threw us out for moving up to empty seats, i mean they were empty, we even asked thge people next to the empty seats. my girl was yelling at him & i had to pull her away, then she went down & yelled a bit more, it was great!

some songs just sound odd tuned down, but then war machine G.O.T. & others were just nasty good.

hope some good vids turn up.

REN!!! did u tape anything??? i got half of love gun with an iphone[/quote]

Thanks Dinsdale!
dinsdale
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by dinsdale »

some pics, more to come. gotta do some cropping & touching up. rocknfuckinroll!!!
Attachments
DSCF0893.jpg
DSCF0766.jpg
DSCF0839.jpg
DSCF0744.jpg
my big head bottom left!!!
my big head bottom left!!!
dinsdale
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by dinsdale »

hey now! finally uploaded all my pics to fb. here is the link. i made album public for anyone to see

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 873&type=1