"The Tour" Show 41: 9/22/12 - Wantagh, NY

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

"The Tour" Show 41: 9/22/12 - Wantagh, NY

Post by Admin »

Discussions, reviews, live-updates, meet-ups, etc!

Details:
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Re: "The Tour" Show 41: 9/22/12 - Wantagh, NY

Post by nibbler1982 »

Fuck yeah!!! KISS once again at Jones Beach. They've played here 6 times under perfect weather and we're about to add a 7th. PNC tonight, Nikon tomorrow, and Comcast on Sunday. Its 38 years later and the The Army is as strong as ever. It's a good time to be a fan.
warmachine731
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by warmachine731 »

nibbler1982 wrote:Fuck yeah!!! KISS once again at Jones Beach. They've played here 6 times under perfect weather and we're about to add a 7th. PNC tonight, Nikon tomorrow, and Comcast on Sunday. Its 38 years later and the The Army is as strong as ever. It's a good time to be a fan.
I was like wait a second, they played there more than that! But just did the math and you're correct. Now lets see how sad I am in remembering dates:

June 9, 2000
June 10, 2000
August 4, 2003
August 6, 2003
July 21, 2004
August 14, 2010

What do I win? LOL
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

warmachine731 wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:Fuck yeah!!! KISS once again at Jones Beach. They've played here 6 times under perfect weather and we're about to add a 7th. PNC tonight, Nikon tomorrow, and Comcast on Sunday. Its 38 years later and the The Army is as strong as ever. It's a good time to be a fan.
I was like wait a second, they played there more than that! But just did the math and you're correct. Now lets see how sad I am in remembering dates:

June 9, 2000
June 10, 2000
August 4, 2003
August 6, 2003
July 21, 2004
August 14, 2010

What do I win? LOL
Winner winner...chicken dinner. Good memory, honestly I had to look up the dates but I do remember every one of them was 80 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. As soon as you get in the lot make an immidiate 180 hairpin turn and I'll be all the way to the end, second row under the light, by the brick hut that everybody takes a piss behind. White SUV, shaved head and built like a a Greek God...there's a cold one with your name on it!
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

Ah man, I won't be attending this one. I actually moved to IL in mid August to finish off my last year of school and then back to NY next summer. Caught them in Chicago 2 weeks back
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

The offer stands for next year at Monster.
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

nibbler1982 wrote:The offer stands for next year at Monster.
I will be there bro! Last tour (2010) they wouldn't even sell beers outside and it was only like 5:45 PM. State / beach policy I guess
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

warmachine731 wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:The offer stands for next year at Monster.
I will be there bro! Last tour (2010) they wouldn't even sell beers outside and it was only like 5:45 PM. State / beach policy I guess
Nah man...that venue's been dry since they remodeled in '92. I think somebody died on the Wantagh after a show. I was talkin' 'bout the brews in the cooler in the back of my Pathfinder. As long as you have everything in a plastic cup the police are cool. If they see a can or a bottle you're getting cuffed and arrested.
Red Yogurt Bath
Valde desideraberis
Valde desideraberis

Post by Red Yogurt Bath »

I'm going to be there!! My first live Kiss since Psycho Circus!?!
How is this possible? Good heads-up on the "dry" venue.
I'll have to remember to wear my "Whiskey Vest".
Ren5150
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ren5150 »

Thunderstorms all night folks, bring your umbrellas. No roof at this place. See ya there!
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

No thunderstorms tonight. The power of the collective KISS Army will hold nature at bay!!! In the parking lot tailgating at the moment and it 75 degrees and sunny.
tonybny
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by tonybny »

I can't make it. Just got back from a family vacation yesterday and have no money left :(

Have fun everyone!
Ren5150
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ren5150 »

Poured rain from Love Gun to the end. Encore drop in was Cold Gin. Also witnessed some of the worst parents alive here tonight. Hope that guy is locked up on the way home.
KISSINWPG
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by KISSINWPG »

Ren5150 wrote:Poured rain from Love Gun to the end. Encore drop in was Cold Gin. Also witnessed some of the worst parents alive here tonight. Hope that guy is locked up on the way home.
Worst Parents? Explain.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Ren5150 wrote:Poured rain from Love Gun to the end. Encore drop in was Cold Gin. Also witnessed some of the worst parents alive here tonight. Hope that guy is locked up on the way home.
Not for nuthin', but we barely got wet in the second row.
Ren5150
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ren5150 »

You remained dry under Gene's belly? Impressive.
Ren5150
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ren5150 »

By worst parents I mean the father behind me with his 2 young boys. One was 3 or 4 and the other around 7. He was grabbing the youngest, forcing him into the seat, cursing and being a general asshole. I have kids and know how it goes but don't take out your anger on the kid. Especially when you dragged them out in the rain to see the show. If his kids were away for just a second I'd have caved his jaw in and dragged him out of there.
click5
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by click5 »

KISS were barely passable tonight...worst sound I have ever heard at a KISS show...actually left for about 4 songs to hang in the outer part of the venue...sounded good about 10 songs in...Genes stage moves were embarrassing...Pauls voice sounds like an angry Harvey Firestein...dull light show and staging...I have no interest in Crue at all but they were better. Just saying..
pallmall2
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by pallmall2 »

click5 wrote:KISS were barely passable tonight...worst sound I have ever heard at a KISS show...actually left for about 4 songs to hang in the outer part of the venue...sounded good about 10 songs in...Genes stage moves were embarrassing...Pauls voice sounds like an angry Harvey Firestein...dull light show and staging...I have no interest in Crue at all but they were better. Just saying..
:lol:
Attachments
cry-baby-girl-face.jpg
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

click5 wrote:KISS were barely passable tonight...worst sound I have ever heard at a KISS show...actually left for about 4 songs to hang in the outer part of the venue...sounded good about 10 songs in...Genes stage moves were embarrassing...Pauls voice sounds like an angry Harvey Firestein...dull light show and staging...I have no interest in Crue at all but they were better. Just saying..
Just wondering, what was the last KISS concert you had seen that kicked ass?
Red Yogurt Bath
Valde desideraberis
Valde desideraberis

Post by Red Yogurt Bath »

No way. The show was amazing. Paul was fine. They played like a band and it was a
Really fun night. I went home with a pocket full of confetti and warm, ringing ears
I barely noticed the rain, it made it that much more magical.
pallmall2

Post by pallmall2 »

nibbler1982 wrote:
Just wondering, what was the last KISS concert you had seen that kicked ass?
Sure. fair question. Mandalay Bay August 11, 2012. Absolutely kicked ass. I have seen this band since the 1970's.
Robdaddy

Post by Robdaddy »

It's just gone past opinions already. Sometimes it just seems like "bash bash bash, and eventually my words will have to come true...then I can say I TOLD YOU, even if it's 5 years after the fact..."

I've taken non-Kiss fans to shows before and even THEY weren't as universally negative. So, again, it just seems to be more "bash away" than honest opinions.

Oh well...whatever the motivation, you're still entitled to say whatever. Keep on rockin', Kiss!!!! :D
jackstar74
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by jackstar74 »

Red Yogurt Bath wrote:
No way. The show was amazing. Paul was fine. They played like a band and it was a
Really fun night. I went home with a pocket full of confetti and warm, ringing ears

No man, I was there as well and have seen the band enough to know this was not a good night for Paul. His shrieking and high pitched yelping only make his voice sound worse. He should be saving it. I was with 7 people and had about another 15 friends that were there. We were all in agreement about Paul. Still don't agree with Shock Me and the rockets. Tommy should have his own song and his own "act".
strangeway
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

My review of Jones Beach, NY.

Post by strangeway »

I guess opinions are like assholes, well here is mine. This marks my 35th Kiss show. I am highly critical of this band. The minute they hit the stage i am analyzing everything. Not only did they blow me away tonight but they blew away some people I brought with me that just were amazed how good the band sounded. Gene was sick. His playing might have been the best ive heard in a while. He drove the sound of the band. He kicked ass and played his persona perfectly. As for Paul. The only thing i can say is, STOP with the vocal acrobats and stage raps. Vocally he wasnt perfect but it wasnt bad. They made Motley Crue look like a joke and Im a big fan of them. Kiss sounded tight, crisp and heavy. The crowd was on their feet, fists pumping and clapping from the beginning of the show. Way more energy for Kiss. HOH went over well and sounded great. Brought a friend who is an old school fan and hast seen this line up. He is a critical MOFO. He was blown away and loved it. Ive not only seen Kiss 35 times but have seen countless concerts in my days. Im telling you Kiss fans, the crowd loved it and this was a great Kiss concert. I know a lot of people who went to this show. All of them know my dedication for this band. I can hold my head up high and say " see why I love this band". They kicked ass. To the naysayers: The Kiss experience is Alive and well. Bring on the Monster tour!

P.S
This is the second show ive seen this Tour. First was in Florida. I was not blown away with that show and I was 15th row. I dont just Kiss this bands ass for the sake of it. Tonight was amazing!
click5
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by click5 »

The start of the show was an embarrassment also... the black KISS curtain got blown down due to wind so you clearly see KISS get on their platform and rise up before the "You Wanted The Best..." intro and then they lower down! Paul said "Were gonna do it anyway" before getting on it...total diluted the impact of the start of the show...the sound mix was beyond bad...all I could hear was Gene, the snare drum and the vocals for like the first 4 songs...I left during H or H & came back just before Love Gun at which point it was somewhat better...the mix was good by Black Diamond ( the 3rd to last song! ). Gene's stage moves are lame & embarrassing...defend Pauls vocals all you want, they're not good. Ive seen this band many times starting in 1977 Rock And Roll Over Tour...its time to pull the plug on it.
rlivo
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: My review of Jones Beach, NY.

Post by rlivo »

strangeway wrote:I guess opinions are like assholes, well here is mine. This marks my 35th Kiss show. I am highly critical of this band. The minute they hit the stage i am analyzing everything. Not only did they blow me away tonight but they blew away some people I brought with me that just were amazed how good the band sounded. Gene was sick. His playing might have been the best ive heard in a while. He drove the sound of the band. He kicked ass and played his persona perfectly. As for Paul. The only thing i can say is, STOP with the vocal acrobats and stage raps. Vocally he wasnt perfect but it wasnt bad. They made Motley Crue look like a joke and Im a big fan of them. Kiss sounded tight, crisp and heavy. The crowd was on their feet, fists pumping and clapping from the beginning of the show. Way more energy for Kiss. HOH went over well and sounded great. Brought a friend who is an old school fan and hast seen this line up. He is a critical MOFO. He was blown away and loved it. Ive not only seen Kiss 35 times but have seen countless concerts in my days. Im telling you Kiss fans, the crowd loved it and this was a great Kiss concert. I know a lot of people who went to this show. All of them know my dedication for this band. I can hold my head up high and say " see why I love this band". They kicked ass. To the naysayers: The Kiss experience is Alive and well. Bring on the Monster tour!

P.S
This is the second show ive seen this Tour. First was in Florida. I was not blown away with that show and I was 15th row. I dont just Kiss this bands ass for the sake of it. Tonight was amazing!
Good to hear KISS brought it in NYC!!! I feel like they always turn it up a few notches in NY. Happy you had a great show!

I saw the opening show in Bristow and the show in Mansfield recently. I can absolutely say that KISS was WAY better at the Mansfield show. Much more energy and they seemed out to kick Motley's ass. That's how KISS should ALWAYS be.
strangeway
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by strangeway »

Not sure what show u were at. Seen Kiss 35 times and this tour twice. They sounded great. Paul was not perfect but did well. Gene was the Gene we love and really deliverd. His bass drove the band and Kiss sounded heavier than ive heard them sound. You dont have to take it from me on whether this was a great show, if u you were there you just had to look around and see the place on their feet from the opening number. I would be the first to say if a Kiss show was bad and this was far from a bad show. I saw them in Florida in July and I walked away from that show feelinbg like it was a weak show. This show kicked ass and the band performed and sounded amazing.
gshaller
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by gshaller »

Red Yogurt Bath wrote:The show was amazing. Paul was fine. They played like a band and it was a
Glad you enjoyed it, bro!!!
strangeway
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by strangeway »

click5 wrote:The start of the show was an embarrassment also... the black KISS curtain got blown down due to wind so you clearly see KISS get on their platform and rise up before the "You Wanted The Best..." intro and then they lower down! Paul said "Were gonna do it anyway" before getting on it...total diluted the impact of the start of the show...the sound mix was beyond bad...all I could hear was Gene, the snare drum and the vocals for like the first 4 songs...I left during H or H & came back just before Love Gun at which point it was somewhat better...the mix was good by Black Diamond ( the 3rd to last song! ). Gene's stage moves are lame & embarrassing...defend Pauls vocals all you want, they're not good. Ive seen this band many times starting in 1977 Rock And Roll Over Tour...its time to pull the plug on it.
Ok man I guess we all have opinions and i will respect yours. However I brought a friend that hasnt see this band since the 80's and he was blown away. Loved them and said they sounded amazing. Genes bass was def noticible but made them sound heavy. Erics mix was perfect and yes Paul is not perfest but when he is not doing his silly vocal acrobats he is good. To say that the beginning of the show was an embarrassment is silly. The wind blew the curtain away but nothing there was embarrassing and the intro still kicked ass. Look u are being much more critical, the people around me loved it and had a blast. In addition it sounds like u were gone for most of the show so I am not sure how u can give an honest opinion of the show. I guess you missed the whole place going crazy from beginning to end. They made Crue look like a garage band annd i am a huge fan of theirs. Look this is not Kiss of 1977 but this line up delivered tonight.
strangeway
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by strangeway »

jackstar74 wrote:
Red Yogurt Bath wrote:

No man, I was there as well and have seen the band enough to know this was not a good night for Paul. His shrieking and high pitched yelping only make his voice sound worse. He should be saving it. I was with 7 people and had about another 15 friends that were there. We were all in agreement about Paul. Still don't agree with Shock Me and the rockets. Tommy should have his own song and his own "act".
Have to say Im not crazy about Tommy doing Shock me but if you just forget the fact that its an Ace signature song and just base it on the fact it is a great song, u enjoy it more. I brought a friend that thought the idea of Tommy doing "Shock Me " was just wrong. In the end he was impressed and said he thought that he did the song justice. This guy is not a big Kiss fan and is very critical of them. He walked out of there with a different opinion of this line up. As for Paul, the only thing he has toi stop is that yelping between songs, otherwise he was fine. Not the Paul of 90 but def better than last tour. Still a great show.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

Glad you dug the show. A little chilly tonight tho'. Jones Beach is a great place to see a show IMO. The sound system is great and the atmosphere too. I saw Crue there once with the Scorpions a whiles back, and it was raining so heavy you couldn't almost see the band. But it was a hot summer night so it felt great and it didn't harm the t-shirts on the girls any LOL.

To rlivo: Jones Beach Amphitheater isn't in New York City, it's in Nassau County on Long Island, just clearing that up.
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

cecil1
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by cecil1 »

Glad to hear. I felt the exact same way about the Camden show. Left there with my head held high and PROUD to be a Kiss fan.
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

[quote="redinthesky"]Glad you dug the show. A little chilly tonight tho'. Jones Beach is a great place to see a show IMO. The sound system is great and the atmosphere too. I saw Crue there once with the Scorpions a whiles back, and it was raining so heavy you couldn't almost see the band. But it was a hot summer night so it felt great and it didn't harm the t-shirts on the girls any LOL.

To rlivo: Jones Beach Amphitheater isn't in New York City, it's in Nassau County on Long Island, just clearing that up.[/quote]

Yeah i'd say it's a good 40 or 45 mins out of the city.

I enjoy reading these reviews and I wish I were there. Can't wait to see video of the curtain issue due to wind. People complain about it but I'd look at it as "when has that ever happened?"
jackstar74
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by jackstar74 »

[quote="click5"]The start of the show was an embarrassment also... the black KISS curtain got blown down due to wind so you clearly see KISS get on their platform and rise up before the "You Wanted The Best..." intro and then they lower down! Paul said "Were gonna do it anyway" before getting on it...total diluted the impact of the start of the show...the sound mix was beyond bad...all I could hear was Gene, the snare drum and the vocals for like the first 4 songs...I left during H or H & came back just before Love Gun at which point it was somewhat better...the mix was good by Black Diamond ( the 3rd to last song! ). Gene's stage moves are lame & embarrassing...defend Pauls vocals all you want, they're not good. Ive seen this band many times starting in 1977 Rock And Roll Over Tour...its time to pull the plug on it.[/quote]

Agreed on all counts. They need to fire the sound guy. It should not take until the 3rd to last song to get the mix proper
jackstar74
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by jackstar74 »

[quote="pallmall2"][quote="click5"]KISS were barely passable tonight...worst sound I have ever heard at a KISS show...actually left for about 4 songs to hang in the outer part of the venue...sounded good about 10 songs in...Genes stage moves were embarrassing...Pauls voice sounds like an angry Harvey Firestein...dull light show and staging...I have no interest in Crue at all but they were better. Just saying..[/quote]

:lol:[/quote]

Yeah that picture and the voice coming out probably sounded like Paul's squeal
jackstar74
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by jackstar74 »

[quote="strangeway"]I guess opinions are like assholes, well here is mine. This marks my 35th Kiss show. I am highly critical of this band. The minute they hit the stage i am analyzing everything. Not only did they blow me away tonight but they blew away some people I brought with me that just were amazed how good the band sounded. Gene was sick. His playing might have been the best ive heard in a while. He drove the sound of the band. He kicked ass and played his persona perfectly. As for Paul. The only thing i can say is, STOP with the vocal acrobats and stage raps. Vocally he wasnt perfect but it wasnt bad. They made Motley Crue look like a joke and Im a big fan of them. Kiss sounded tight, crisp and heavy. The crowd was on their feet, fists pumping and clapping from the beginning of the show. Way more energy for Kiss. HOH went over well and sounded great. Brought a friend who is an old school fan and hast seen this line up. He is a critical MOFO. He was blown away and loved it. Ive not only seen Kiss 35 times but have seen countless concerts in my days. Im telling you Kiss fans, the crowd loved it and this was a great Kiss concert. I know a lot of people who went to this show. All of them know my dedication for this band. I can hold my head up high and say " see why I love this band". They kicked ass. To the naysayers: The Kiss experience is Alive and well. Bring on the Monster tour!

P.S
This is the second show ive seen this Tour. First was in Florida. I was not blown away with that show and I was 15th row. I dont just Kiss this bands ass for the sake of it. Tonight was amazing![/quote]

Hey man, absolutely. And I'm glad you had a great time. For me I didn't think they were that good and I've seen them 12 times. But that did not stop me from having a great time. Tailgated with my buddies, and rocked out all night!
jackstar74
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by jackstar74 »

[quote="strangeway"][quote="jackstar74"][quote="Red Yogurt Bath"][quote="click5"]KISS were barely passable tonight...worst sound I have ever heard at a KISS show...actually left for about 4 songs to hang in the outer part of the venue...sounded good about 10 songs in...Genes stage moves were embarrassing...Pauls voice sounds like an angry Harvey Firestein...dull light show and staging...I have no interest in Crue at all but they were better. Just saying..[/quote]

I barely noticed the rain, it made it that much more magical.[/quote]

No man, I was there as well and have seen the band enough to know this was not a good night for Paul. His shrieking and high pitched yelping only make his voice sound worse. He should be saving it. I was with 7 people and had about another 15 friends that were there. We were all in agreement about Paul. Still don't agree with Shock Me and the rockets. Tommy should have his own song and his own "act".[/quote]

Have to say Im not crazy about Tommy doing Shock me but if you just forget the fact that its an Ace signature song and just base it on the fact it is a great song, u enjoy it more. I brought a friend that thought the idea of Tommy doing "Shock Me " was just wrong. In the end he was impressed and said he thought that he did the song justice. This guy is not a big Kiss fan and is very critical of them. He walked out of there with a different opinion of this line up. As for Paul, the only thing he has toi stop is that yelping between songs, otherwise he was fine. Not the Paul of 90 but def better than last tour. Still a great show.[/quote]

I agree with you for most part, and I'm trying not to be too critical. But for me its about the music not the makeup. Tommy is impressive considering all the roles he's played in the band, when it comes to the video archive or researching the vaults for the boxed set. The guy has been very important to the band for a long long time. But I feel now, that after 3 previous guitarists in which Kiss has not played Shock Me (Vinnie, Mark, Bruce), that its wrong to be doing THAT song and the shooting the rockets. Really Tommy should be doing his own song and own gimmick. I feel it borders on Tribute Band territory...not trying to make waves here...my opinion...my asshole LOL Anyway, glad you all enjoyed the show. I did too.
pallmall2

Post by pallmall2 »

[quote="jackstar74"][quote="pallmall2"][quote="click5"]KISS were barely passable tonight...worst sound I have ever heard at a KISS show...actually left for about 4 songs to hang in the outer part of the venue...sounded good about 10 songs in...Genes stage moves were embarrassing...Pauls voice sounds like an angry Harvey Firestein...dull light show and staging...I have no interest in Crue at all but they were better. Just saying..[/quote]

:lol:[/quote]

Yeah that picture and the voice coming out probably sounded like Paul's squeal[/quote]

Wow. That's just entirely not funny at all. You have no career in comedy my friend. Please figure out how to quote, it will make your posts more effective. Your comment makes you a :
Attachments
cry-baby-girl-face.jpg
click5
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by click5 »

Since many of you thought I was too critical, I'll find some positives in the show...Paul keeps himself in good shape for a 60 year old guy...Tommy plays the solos fairly accurately ...Genes bass playing was good and he nailed his demon persona in spots...Eric is solid on drums...the confetti storm never gets old...nice pryo in RNRAN.

There. : )