SBOE Show 6: 5/9/10 - Glasgow

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

SBOE Show 6: 5/9/10 - Glasgow

Post by Admin »

Discussion, meet-ups, set-lists, etc.

Set lists will be compiled HERE

Tour stats will be compiled HERE

Last edited by Admin on Mon May 10, 2010 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
acesmiddlefinger
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

Will be getting in to Glasgow about 3, ive been told by the Scottish KISS army that the solid bar in town will be packed so will be heading up to Bannisters which is near the venue...See you all there.
Sinister
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Sinister »

I'm heading in early to the venue! Gonna try and get down the front!!! :D Can't wait to see KISS on my home turf!!
Same138
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Same138 »

Sinister wrote:I'm heading in early to the venue! Gonna try and get down the front!!! :D Can't wait to see KISS on my home turf!!
Ditto on the home turf (at last) but not heading so early, I want to be back a bit to see the whole stage and avoid getting covered in blood!! Should be a good 'un (probably the best on the tour!)

Not that I'm biased or anything.

:lol:
jok1
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by jok1 »

hopefully, all going well, I'll arrive in Glasgow tomorrow morning. This is going to rock harder than Dublin, I can just feel it
deuce75
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by deuce75 »

Glasgow Roxx
Rik Byatt
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Rik Byatt »

Have fun tonight people!
Paulstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Paulstar »

Taking dawn finished
Paulstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Paulstar »

Big curtain came down, not long to go
Paulstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Paulstar »

WARSAAAAAAW U WANTED THE BEST UUUUUU GOT THE BEST.....THE HOTESTTTTTT BAND IN THE WORLD KISSSSSSSSSSS!
helgonGene
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by helgonGene »

Warsaw better be wrong LOL
fissaman
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by fissaman »

helgonGene wrote:Warsaw better be wrong LOL
:lol:

Yeah, that'd be a real Spinal Tap moment.

Any updates? Should have come on 15 mins ago.... ?
Paulstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Paulstar »

hahaha . Image ..Glascow!!
Where's Drago?

Post by Where's Drago? »

Just received this text from my mate Homer who has just exited the venue;

"Exactly the same set-list. No cliches. Shit loads more pyro at the end of the show."

I thought the 'no cliches' comment was funny as I'd actually asked him if there were any 'glitches' anywhere in the show. 8)
Paulstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Paulstar »

Wow not an update after ...

...ALRIGHT BOOOSSTOOOON... er ....GLASCOW!..(LOL)

TIL 35 min ago

SHOWS OVER...
Paulstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Paulstar »

I STAND CORRECTED!

2010-05-09 ~ Glascow , Scotland
-------------------------------------------

Glasgow, Scotland
Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre
Promoter: Live Nation UK
Opening/Other Act(s): Taking Dawn
Reported audience: ? / 12,500
Reported gross: N/A

SETLIST
------------

Set List(s)
Modern Day Delilah
Cold Gin
Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll
Firehouse
Say Yeah
Deuce
Crazy Crazy Nights
Calling Dr. Love
Shock Me
I'm An Animal
100,000 Years
I Love It Loud
Love Gun
Black Diamond
Detroit Rock City
Lick It Up
Shout It Out Loud
I Was Made For Lovin' You
God Gave Rock And Roll To You II
Rock And Roll All Nite
Same138
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Same138 »

Tonight We Rocked!

After following all the tweets and set-lists all week I wasn't expecting any surprises and that's what I got. But what a killer set that is when you're in front of that stage listening to those four men belting it out. I'm proud to say that the Glasgow Choir did Kiss proud tonight!

Paul sounded great, as commented on in recent days that may just be a "you had to be there" thing, but he really sounded spot on through the whole show. He even got on his knees and gave Glasgow a 'we're not worthy' bow! Gene actually sounded a little rougher to my ears tonight but still gave his all as always. Eric's snare had a strange tinny snap to it at the start of the show but it seemed to settle down and I have to say the current Cat's a bloody good drummer, I even enjoyed his little solo spot, not too long and entertaining enough. And then there was Tommy. To all the Tommy haters I have only one thing to say having watched him rock Ace's solos all night - STFU!! The guy's a fucking great guitarist and put plenty of effort into his show.

The stage was very cool in the flesh and that opening!? Jonas Bros be damned Kiss did it better, Seemples! Lots and lots of pyro and the confetti storm reached the back of the hall (though the two cannons at the mixing desk helped). No glitches, Gene seemed to have to hand signal a few times before he was happy his lines were tight for flight, but other than that everything went without a hitch.

A couple of guys beside me who saluted me (and I them) at the end of the show for singing every word had been to Brum and Dublin, but said tonight had been the best so far. No surprise, as always, Glasgow Rocked liked a Motherfucker!

Edit: The hall was full! the seat's looked well occupied and the floor was packed, I know this one has been Sold Out for weeks but I had my worries due to the amount of tix on Evilbay etc. but if it wan't filled to capacity, it wasn't far off it.
fissaman

Post by fissaman »

Same138 wrote:Tonight We Rocked!

After following all the tweets and set-lists all week I wasn't expecting any surprises and that's what I got. But what a killer set that is when you're in front of that stage listening to those four men belting it out. I'm proud to say that the Glasgow Choir did Kiss proud tonight!

Paul sounded great, as commented on in recent days that may just be a "you had to be there" thing, but he really sounded spot on through the whole show. He even got on his knees and gave Glasgow a 'we're not worthy' bow! Gene actually sounded a little rougher to my ears tonight but still gave his all as always. Eric's snare had a strange tinny snap to it at the start of the show but it seemed to settle down and I have to say the current Cat's a bloody good drummer, I even enjoyed his little solo spot, not too long and entertaining enough. And then there was Tommy. To all the Tommy haters I have only one thing to say having watched him rock Ace's solos all night - STFU!! The guy's a fucking great guitarist and put plenty of effort into his show.

The stage was very cool in the flesh and that opening!? Jonas Bros be damned Kiss did it better, Seemples! Lots and lots of pyro and the confetti storm reached the back of the hall (though the two cannons at the mixing desk helped). No glitches, Gene seemed to have to hand signal a few times before he was happy his lines were tight for flight, but other than that everything went without a hitch.

A couple of guys beside me who saluted me (and I them) at the end of the show for singing every word had been to Brum and Dublin, but said tonight had been the best so far. No surprise, as always, Glasgow Rocked liked a Motherfucker!

Edit: The hall was full! the seat's looked well occupied and the floor was packed, I know this one has been Sold Out for weeks but I had my worries due to the amount of tix on Evilbay etc. but if it wan't filled to capacity, it wasn't far off it.
Nice write up Same !

Glad you enjoyed the show.

Roll on tonight in Manchester Rock City !
vidal 1872
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by vidal 1872 »

Where to start......all I can say is BEST SHOW I HAVE SEEN EVER !!!!!!!!
6th time seeing the boys,1st time with the whole show in Glasgow and we loved it ! :D
Same setlist with a bit of Whole Lotta Love before BD,but Kiss were amazing,was worried about Paul's voice,and sure he can't belt them out like it's 1977 but he was better than I had any right to expect of a man his age !!!
The show was amazing,more pyro than I have ever seen,the heat from the flames was incredible,new opening is brilliant,had seen it on Youtube, but in the flesh it was unreal,totally lost it,got all emotional and was on the verge of tears......(42 year old father of 1,with 1 on the way,in feelings shocker !!!)
Classic after classic,missed Strutter though,but you can't have everything, and the Sonic Boom songs fitted in well,Crazy Nights went down a storm,again the had me in tears during GGRARTY2,when they focussed on Eric Carr (RIP still miss you like hell)in the video montage.
Then it was all over,2 and a quarter hours and it flew by. :shock:
Boy did they deliver,come back soon !!!!!!
bigfish2
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by bigfish2 »

vidal 1872 wrote:Where to start......all I can say is BEST SHOW I HAVE SEEN EVER !!!!!!!!
6th time seeing the boys,1st time with the whole show in Glasgow and we loved it ! :D
Same setlist with a bit of Whole Lotta Love before BD,but Kiss were amazing,was worried about Paul's voice,and sure he can't belt them out like it's 1977 but he was better than I had any right to expect of a man his age !!!
The show was amazing,more pyro than I have ever seen,the heat from the flames was incredible,new opening is brilliant,had seen it on Youtube, but in the flesh it was unreal,totally lost it,got all emotional and was on the verge of tears......(42 year old father of 1,with 1 on the way,in feelings shocker !!!)
Classic after classic,missed Strutter though,but you can't have everything, and the Sonic Boom songs fitted in well,Crazy Nights went down a storm,again the had me in tears during GGRARTY2,when they focussed on Eric Carr (RIP still miss you like hell)in the video montage.
I agree 100 % ! This was my 6th show as well and it was the best so far. A lot of people I talked to after the show who had been to Newcastle,Dublin etc. said this was the best of them. Can't wait to see them in june again in Scandinavia.
vidal 1872
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by vidal 1872 »

bigfish2 wrote:
vidal 1872 wrote:Where to start......all I can say is BEST SHOW I HAVE SEEN EVER !!!!!!!!
I agree 100 % ! This was my 6th show as well and it was the best so far. A lot of people I talked to after the show who had been to Newcastle,Dublin etc. said this was the best of them. Can't wait to see them in june again in Scandinavia.
Cheers,
You can always rely on Glasgow to raise the roof !!!!
Enjoy yourself in June.
:D :D :D
kanister
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by kanister »

My thank you goes to people of Glasgow! Travelled from Finland to see a couple of shows and this night truly made me a fan again! What a great fuckin audience for a performance that was absolutely the best Kiss of 2010 could offer! Truly a rocking and fun loving crowd. Enjoyed the athmosphere at Cathouse afterwards too. Glasgow became my fave city in the UK (along with Newcastle) for these two and a half days I spent there. You Scotts rock!
Same138
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Same138 »

kanister wrote:My thank you goes to people of Glasgow! Travelled from Finland to see a couple of shows and this night truly made me a fan again! What a great fuckin audience for a performance that was absolutely the best Kiss of 2010 could offer! Truly a rocking and fun loving crowd. Enjoyed the athmosphere at Cathouse afterwards too. Glasgow became my fave city in the UK (along with Newcastle) for these two and a half days I spent there. You Scotts rock!
Glad to have been of assistance! You're Welcome!
vidal 1872
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by vidal 1872 »

Same138 wrote:
kanister wrote:My thank you goes to people of Glasgow! Travelled from Finland to see a couple of shows and this night truly made me a fan again! What a great fuckin audience for a performance that was absolutely the best Kiss of 2010 could offer! Truly a rocking and fun loving crowd. Enjoyed the athmosphere at Cathouse afterwards too. Glasgow became my fave city in the UK (along with Newcastle) for these two and a half days I spent there. You Scotts rock!
Glad to have been of assistance! You're Welcome!
+1
:D :D
jok1
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by jok1 »

Here's some of my pics from the show

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

jok1
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by jok1 »

Some more

jok1
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by jok1 »

OK I do have more but the forum won't let me post them. Anyone know why?
jok1
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by jok1 »

jok1
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by jok1 »

ImageImageImageImage
fissaman

Post by fissaman »

Nice pics Jok.

How did the upgrade go ? Were you chosen ?
jok1
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by jok1 »

Unfortunately no. To be honest, the staff were barely aware of the early entry part of the deal. After a lot of to and fro-ing they let us in about 10 minutes before everyone else. At least I got a sweet spot, which worked out well for the pics
Same138
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Same138 »

At last, photos from Glasgow, I thought everybody's cameras had had a meltdown! Cheers Jok1!!
fissaman

Post by fissaman »

jok1 wrote:Unfortunately no. To be honest, the staff were barely aware of the early entry part of the deal. After a lot of to and fro-ing they let us in about 10 minutes before everyone else. At least I got a sweet spot, which worked out well for the pics
Shame !!

At least you got a decent spot. 8)
deuce75
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by deuce75 »

No wonder this is my favorite since Sheffield