SBOE Show 13: 5/20/10 - Vienna

gshaller

Re: Is Paul ill again?? :(

Post by gshaller »

Fox_Mulder wrote:During yesterdays gig in Vienna sLick It Up, Shout It Out Loud and even love gun was dropped from the setlist.

He didn´t move as much and didn´t sing all the harmonies like earlier in the tour..
Detroit Rock City

Honestly, I kinda wouldn't mind if he sang it like this more often. I don't need to hear these song with over-the-top embellishments.

I've been a Blue Oyster Cult fan for years, and Eric Bloom has had to adjust how he sings the songs due to the effects of aging on his vocal range. It works. He doesn't try to do what he can no longer do. Paul could take a page from that book.
acesmiddlefinger
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

necronomicon wrote:Because my decision to attend or not attend a kiss show really addresses the issue, guys. Can we finally move beyond that part of the thread where people are told to shut up and move on?

I had high hopes that kiss and Paul in particular would figure out how to adapt their show around these limitations. However, it's clear to me that they don't seem interested. I don't understand how anyone wouldn't say that the fans don't ultimately suffer a worse and worse show.
I dont mean to come across as rude but its been obvious for a while that Paul has had problem with his vocals,why are you still harping on about it.As long as you are not paying top dollar(youre kidding right??) then why do you feel the need to constantly moan about it.
I find it comical at times that some of the posters on here feel they have to try and tell us that Paul's voice isnt what it once was!!We are KISS fans you know,we have followed the band for over 30 years... :shock:
The shows i saw in the UK were incredible,Paul Stanley was as always a fantastic front to the band,in fact id say his performance at Wembley on the 2nd night was one of the greatest ive seen him put on in the 50 or so concerts ive seen over the years.
It looks like he had an off night in Vienna,maybe we could just leave it at that,but oh no this is the FAQ and some people want to dissect every performance every song.You carry on dissecting and criticizing and i'll carry on enjoying the ride!!!
It is my top dollar( :lol: :lol: ) after all!!
Where's Drago?
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Where's Drago? »

acesmiddlefinger wrote:,in fact id say his performance at Wembley on the 2nd night was one of the greatest ive seen him put on in the 50 or so concerts ive seen over the years.
A-fucking-men!

Paul was so-so on the previous shows I saw them this tour, but Wembley 2nd night was amazing. So much so, I just shelled out 'top dollar' for the live CD. I never bought any merch at any of the shows, so this is my treat.

The odd thing is, me and my mates that went to the Manchester show a few days before have all come down with a bad chest infection, leading to loads of phlegm (sorry for those eating their breakfasts), and terribly croaky voices. I put it down to the dry-ice and pyro and a dread lurgy.

Hope Paul hasn't got that too!

But yes, in all honesty, Paul has had some shockers over the past few years or so - at least, on the recordings. On the early nights of this tour he sounded rough, but not awful. The thing is, Paul must be excellent at hiding his concerns because I've rarely seen him have so much fun up on stage. Constantly smiling and goofing around.

As Mr Shaller said - there are 4 members in the band, all more than capable of singing, so why is the burden not being taken off Paul at the moment? The band adapted at the last minute when he wasn't there a few years ago (okay, it was a short set), but this band CAN adapt to emergencies. It is a little baffling.

Anyway, that 2nd Wembley show a week or so ago has still got me grinning from ear to ear - it was that good.

Get well soon, Paul.
ferkberger747
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ferkberger747 »

Paul's voice on the last 2 or 3 shows is the worst I've ever heard it...bar none! The show from Geneva was the worst, IMO. Paul stopped singing during parts of MDD and his voice gave out introducing Detroit Rock City. Maybe he's sick. If you remember the beginning of the US tour was worse than the end. Paul sounded MUCH better when I saw him in Nashville (yes, I'm going by the instant live) than he did in say....Boston. Like Gary said, maybe he could let Eric take some more of the high parts. Also...why not let Gene sing a few more. Tommy and Eric could do WLS and AFTG as well. There are ways to make the show sound better.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

ferkberger747 wrote:Paul's voice on the last 2 or 3 shows is the worst I've ever heard it...bar none! The show from Geneva was the worst, IMO. Paul stopped singing during parts of MDD and his voice gave out introducing Detroit Rock City. Maybe he's sick. If you remember the beginning of the US tour was worse than the end. Paul sounded MUCH better when I saw him in Nashville (yes, I'm going by the instant live) than he did in say....Boston. Like Gary said, maybe he could let Eric take some more of the high parts. Also...why not let Gene sing a few more. Tommy and Eric could do WLS and AFTG as well. There are ways to make the show sound better.
It's a shame they aren't having Tommy, Gene, and Eric do more.
fissaman

Post by fissaman »

gshaller wrote:
ferkberger747 wrote:Paul's voice on the last 2 or 3 shows is the worst I've ever heard it...bar none! The show from Geneva was the worst, IMO. Paul stopped singing during parts of MDD and his voice gave out introducing Detroit Rock City. Maybe he's sick. If you remember the beginning of the US tour was worse than the end. Paul sounded MUCH better when I saw him in Nashville (yes, I'm going by the instant live) than he did in say....Boston. Like Gary said, maybe he could let Eric take some more of the high parts. Also...why not let Gene sing a few more. Tommy and Eric could do WLS and AFTG as well. There are ways to make the show sound better.
It's a shame they aren't having Tommy, Gene, and Eric do more.
Agreed. Makes you wonder why they ( read Paul ) aren't.

Maybe Paul's in denial over his vocal 'issues' ?
PsychoKiss344

Post by PsychoKiss344 »

Paulstar wrote:Droppin 3 SONGS IS HUGE!!!

PSYYCHOKISS334!!!! WELCOME TO THE SHOW!!....FAQ
;) :twisted: