US "Alive 35" Show 40: 12/4/09 - Austin

Julien
Don't miss it!

US "Alive 35" Show 40: 12/4/09 - Austin

Post by Julien »

Discussion, meet-ups, set-lists, etc.
Last edited by Julien on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
drolaw
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by drolaw »

I'll be there with my 7 year old. Coming from San Antonio. If my 7 year old decides to ditch me 6th street here I come.
Abnrdvro
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Abnrdvro »

drolaw wrote:I'll be there with my 7 year old. Coming from San Antonio. If my 7 year old decides to ditch me 6th street here I come.
UGH! Be careful there. I was there last October and that place is a madhouse. I've never seen so much public puking/pissing, fighting, throwing shit anywhere and I've been to Mardi Gras! BUT......it was damn fun! :lol:
simmons & stanley
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by simmons & stanley »

i'll be coming down from san antonio too with my 11 yr old son.we've gone to a few shows already priest x2,ufo,van halen(roth) but finally kiss his fav band.this will be #21 for me cant wait.anyone driving be safe,i heard its supposed to freeze that night temps in the low 30's.
MIGGO_ZERO
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by MIGGO_ZERO »

Yup. Be careful.

I was gonna dress up, but spandex doesn't keep you warm! Just gonna paint my face this time around.
joe_kiss
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by joe_kiss »

Was a great show! Played ~2 hours, don't recall the exact setlist. Most songs were from the first 6 studios, except for LIU, ILIL, and two from Sonic Boom. KISS delivered the goods yet again! :D
txmikey
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by txmikey »

I was there, 8th row. The pyro and confetti were out of this world, the most I've EVER seen at a KISS show.

They dropped Shout It Out Loud. Perhaps the show was running long and they needed to end by 11:00, but it still surprised me.

Paul is still struggling vocally, even on the older tunes. But both he and Gene were in great sprits, smiling and engaging the crowd (which was much larger than I was expecting) all night. The bell during Gene's bass solo, BTW, is just too cool.

Eric was awesome as usual, but I still have mixed feelings about Thayer after seeing him now. He played most of Ace's solos well, but that's really ALL he does. He still seems like a placeholder rather than an important member. Of course if Gene and Paul would showcase him by playing more Sonic Boom tunes, that would really help the situation. And Shock Me has GOT to go. It really feels awkward without Ace and there are SO many better songs that could replace it anyway.

Overall, the band has deteriorated somewhat musically (mainly vocally), but they still put on a tremendously entertaining show. Hopefully Paul can get his issues sorted out so that the next tour is even better.
drolaw

Post by drolaw »

I had to miss the show. :( My wife's aunt passed away so we drove to Corpus last night.

I hope they come back again as I was looking to take my son with me. I'm glad to hear that you guys had a great time.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

drolaw wrote:I had to miss the show. :( My wife's aunt passed away so we drove to Corpus last night.
Sorry about the aunt. :(
drolaw

Post by drolaw »

gshaller wrote:
drolaw wrote:I had to miss the show. :( My wife's aunt passed away so we drove to Corpus last night.
Sorry about the aunt. :(
Thanks! My wife said I could go but I couldn't do that to her. She was really close to her Aunt because her mom worked 3 jobs just to get by (Dad left when she was 8). It was like her mom died.

Hopefully I'll see KISS sometime in the future.