US "Alive 35" Show 38: 12/1/09 - Glendale

Julien
Don't miss it!

US "Alive 35" Show 38: 12/1/09 - Glendale

Post by Julien »

Discussion, meet-ups, set-lists, etc.
Last edited by Julien on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
shaner5150
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by shaner5150 »

I'll be there with my kids. Section 113, row W
Star Struck78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Star Struck78 »

I'll be there with my wife and my 8 year old daughter. Section 100 row x. It's my daughters first Kiss concert and she's real excited.
rscott71
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by rscott71 »

i'll be there. Sec CCC row 5 with my 14yo daughter
RaiderDuck
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by RaiderDuck »

We'll be there too. Wife, daughter (14 years old and going to her first concert ever!) and myself. Section 116, Row I, on an Aisle, no less!
:[GOB]:Ranger Dave
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by :[GOB]:Ranger Dave »

We will be there. Section 117 Row I with my wife and twin 10 yr old daughters. My 14th show, my wifes 3rd and my kids first. We may be having dinner at The Yard House or the Margarittaville before the show and may skip Buckcherry. (never really was a fan of theres and not sure I care to see them with my kids) I will be wearing my Love Gun bowling shirt.
Star Struck78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Star Struck78 »

Charisma wrote:I'll be there with my wife and my 8 year old daughter. Section 100 row x. It's my daughters first Kiss concert and she's real excited.
OOPS, I.m in Section 102. row X.
shaner5150

Post by shaner5150 »

YES!!!

A little under 14 hours 'til SHOWTIME!!! :D :D :D
rscott71

Post by rscott71 »

I'm starting to get excited.
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

We should be at Westgate at around 17:00 to eat. May have Johnny Rockets as the kids are picky eaters. Then hit the Yard House or Fox Sports bar for a few warm up brews. :D
RaiderDuck
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by RaiderDuck »

I am officially stoked! Less than an hour 'till we leave the house. I'll be the one in the 1970s hair and the Oregon Ducks T-Shirt. Seeya all there!
shaner5150

Post by shaner5150 »

Great show...band was tight as hell.

Paul's voice was stronger than I've heard it in most clips from this tour so far. I also noticed that Paul did ZERO backup vocals on songs that he didn't sing lead on...maybe that's one way that they're saving his voice some unnecessary strain. Eric and Tommy sounded great covering all the backups...didn't miss a beat.

I'll post more tomorrow (hopefully some pics)....been up for 20 hours straight, so time to go to bed.

KISS FUCKIN' ROCKS!!!!!! :D :D
RaiderDuck
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by RaiderDuck »

WOW. The show was beyond awesome. Paul's voice sounded great, the band was tight, everyone's solo spots rocked.

After almost 25 years of being a fan, I have finally seen KISS live. With my family, no less, and they had as great a time as I did.

KISS rules. Period.
Trout_Player

Post by Trout_Player »

shaner5150 wrote:Great show...band was tight as hell.

Paul's voice was stronger than I've heard it in most clips from this tour so far. I also noticed that Paul did ZERO backup vocals on songs that he didn't sing lead on...maybe that's one way that they're saving his voice some unnecessary strain. Eric and Tommy sounded great covering all the backups...didn't miss a beat.

I'll post more tomorrow (hopefully some pics)....been up for 20 hours straight, so time to go to bed.

KISS FUCKIN' ROCKS!!!!!! :D :D
RaiderDuck wrote:WOW. The show was beyond awesome. Paul's voice sounded great, the band was tight, everyone's solo spots rocked.

After almost 25 years of being a fan, I have finally seen KISS live. With my family, no less, and they had as great a time as I did.

KISS rules. Period.
Good to hear! I'm glad you guys had a blast. KISS indeed fucking rock.
rscott71

Post by rscott71 »

KISS fuckin rocked that place tonight.Same set list as the rest. I got two Buckcherry picks, but KISS didn't even throw any at our section
shaner5150

Post by shaner5150 »

I will also say that I wasn't really that thrilled with Say Yeah as the choice for the 2nd single off of SB, nor as the 2nd song from SB added to the setlist, as it's one of my less favorite songs from the album....but I was AMAZED at how well it translated live.

Great live song...the crowd response to that song was 10X what MDD got.
shaner5150

Post by shaner5150 »

Here's some pics of my boys at the show:

My 7 year old, Connor, and my 14 year old, Daniel (I have no idea what the hell is up with that look on his face):

Daniel (again with the dorky look on his face), Connor, and my 9 year old Brendan (middle) after the show....you can still see all the smoke in the air from the final pyros going off at the end of DRC:

shaner5150

Post by shaner5150 »

Here's the pics of the show that I got...not great, but still thought I'd share 'em:

scottkfan1
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by scottkfan1 »

shaner5150 wrote:Here's some pics of my boys at the show:

My 7 year old, Connor, and my 14 year old, Daniel (I have no idea what the hell is up with that look on his face):

Daniel (again with the dorky look on his face), Connor, and my 9 year old Brendan (middle) after the show....you can still see all the smoke in the air from the final pyros going off at the end of DRC:

nice photos great stuff with your kids thats whats its all about great stuff
Evo999

Post by Evo999 »

Looks like a good crowd. Funny seeing pics of your kids, Michael Doret mentioned on the PodKisst how he finds it interesting how Kiss fans go to great lengths to "convert" their kids to the Army as well.

I buy my nieces Kiss stuff including two shirts at the last concert I went to.

Didn't think it was a unique thing to Kiss but I guess you can "hook" the kids since there is so much more than just the music.

Thanks for this.
rscott71

Post by rscott71 »

It was a great crowd. I could see some empty seats at the very top at the very back
MikeBubbly
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by MikeBubbly »

I would say that if this tour is a kid's first concert, he's gonna be dissapointed for the rest of his concert-going life

maybe some other bands can play better (not sure), but I can't imagine any bands of today putting on a more sophisticated or complex show, or an audience being more into it
shaner5150

Post by shaner5150 »

MikeBubbly wrote:I would say that if this tour is a kid's first concert, he's gonna be dissapointed for the rest of his concert-going life

maybe some other bands can play better (not sure), but I can't imagine any bands of today putting on a more sophisticated or complex show, or an audience being more into it
I was absolutely thinking the same thing...it's going to be hard for any band they like to live up to what they saw last night.

But, hey....at least they saw it, you know? :D
spaceace414
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by spaceace414 »

shaner5150 wrote:I will also say that I wasn't really that thrilled with Say Yeah as the choice for the 2nd single off of SB, nor as the 2nd song from SB added to the setlist, as it's one of my less favorite songs from the album....but I was AMAZED at how well it translated live.

Glad to hear that you liked the show. I think I value your opinion on this site more than anyone else on here...so if you said it was good, then it was GOOD!

To continue my thoughts on your opinion....you are always consistent, wise, and fair. I have never seen you trash someone or someone's opinion just for fun. I appreciate having members like you on this board. Thanks.
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Home late up early. A bit tired, but it was worth it. The show was great as everyone has said. Ran into Charisma and his family before the show, he rcognized me as the guy with the Love Gun Bowling shirt and twin daughters. (good eye dude :wink: ) Wish we could have talked a bit more but we had just arrived there and still needed to find a place to eat before going in. (Margaritaville has great burgers and ice cold beers)
Missed Buckcherry's set, but ahd kinda planned on that anyway.
Couple key notes I noticed. When they played Shock Me a bit of the crowd seen this as an opertune time to visit the snack bar and bathroom it seemed. (I stayed next to my seat) Pauls voice as has been said sounded damn good, he should stop the yelling between songs though. My kids loved it, one of them didn't sit down the whole show. They were both wearing ear plugs as well, but she decided to remove them and said it wasn't too loud for her. I ended up buying the cd instead of the usb wristband as the band looked very cheap and the cd was 5 bucks less. Also, both are 5 bucks less at the show instead of pre-ordering them at there website. Let me try and upload some pics for everyone.
Last edited by :[GOB]:Ranger Dave on Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shaner5150

Post by shaner5150 »

spaceace414 wrote:
shaner5150 wrote:I will also say that I wasn't really that thrilled with Say Yeah as the choice for the 2nd single off of SB, nor as the 2nd song from SB added to the setlist, as it's one of my less favorite songs from the album....but I was AMAZED at how well it translated live.

Glad to hear that you liked the show. I think I value your opinion on this site more than anyone else on here...so if you said it was good, then it was GOOD!

To continue my thoughts on your opinion....you are always consistent, wise, and fair. I have never seen you trash someone or someone's opinion just for fun. I appreciate having members like you on this board. Thanks.
Wow...thank you very much for the compliments. :shock:

And of course, I just made a very un-diplomatic and uncharacteristically aggressive post in another thread just before I read this. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trout_Player

Post by Trout_Player »

Shaner, your son Daniel looks like Paul Stanley.
shaner5150

Post by shaner5150 »

Trout_Player wrote:Shaner, your son Daniel looks like Paul Stanley.
Do you think he looks like pre or post facial "enhancement" Paul? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IAS
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by IAS »

Im happy for you guys , sadly i missed the show last night .
Had to work and couldt get the day off, or at least leave work early and hitted the road early , but oh well hope they do they come back on the sonic boom tour next year .
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Ok, I tried to upload pics on here, but I guess I need to resize them. So instead, here is what I uploaded onto facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 367408bdee

Let me know if this works or not.