US "Alive 35" Show 22: 10/31/09 - New Orleans

Julien
Don't miss it!

US "Alive 35" Show 22: 10/31/09 - New Orleans

Post by Julien »

Discussion, meet-ups, set-lists, etc.
Last edited by Julien on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
MIGGO_ZERO
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by MIGGO_ZERO »

I will be in attendance. Won't be dressing up as Paul though due to the supposed rain and inability to drink and walk around in platforms. I'll probably dress up as Nikki Sixx or some generic Eighties rocker...still haven't figured it out yet.

fifthdeadlyvenom
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by fifthdeadlyvenom »

The rain is supposed to be cleared out by early Sat. morning, but the fields could still be a little sloppy. Don't blame you for not trying to deal with that in platform boots.

There's usually a looooong line at the entrance gate, so be prepared. We'll be getting out there anytime between 1:00 and 2:00 and we'll be checking out The Bingo! Show at 2:45.
http://thevoodooexperience.com/2009/art ... bingoshow/

After that, it's probably just walking around to different stages, drinking and eating, until Down starts around 6:15. I figure I'll just ask anyone I see wearing KISS gear if they're on the FAQ! :lol:
Capthowdy666
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Capthowdy666 »

downs gonna be there too shit i wish i could go i saw down a year back at a little club one of sickest shows and crowds i've ever seen
fifthdeadlyvenom
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Saw it mentioned on the local news earlier today, they're expecting between 150,000 to 200,000 people in attendance over the three days. Historically, Saturday gets the majority of the crowd during the festival.

What's officially the biggest U.S. crowd KISS has played to, Anaheim '76 at just under 43,000? That number might get shattered Saturday night.

Can't wait!!! Hope I get to meet some fellow FAQ brethren out there.
Just_Lee
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Just_Lee »

fifthdeadlyvenom wrote:Saw it mentioned on the local news earlier today, they're expecting between 150,000 to 200,000 people in attendance over the three days. Historically, Saturday gets the majority of the crowd during the festival.

What's officially the biggest U.S. crowd KISS has played to, Anaheim '76 at just under 43,000? That number might get shattered Saturday night.

Can't wait!!! Hope I get to meet some fellow FAQ brethren out there.
Yea, they might beat that 43,000 number tonight. The sun has came out here in Biloxi. Think the rain is gone from last night. Going to be heading out in time to see Down. It's going to be a killer time.
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

I know there's little chance for a special show tonight, but you never know......

The rare opportunity where KISS decides to mix things up really doesn't fit into any particular pattern.

Regardless, to all those attending....enjoy.
jmitzel
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by jmitzel »

no one updating???
KISSman24
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by KISSman24 »

KISS must be on by now -- right? :scratch:
GlamMetalChild
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by GlamMetalChild »

KISSman24 wrote:KISS must be on by now -- right? :scratch:
I reckon?
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

Nothing?

One thing for sure...I'll bet that KISS playing in New Orleans on Halloween is one hell of a party.
KISSman24

Post by KISSman24 »

The show has to be over by now -- where are the reviews?? Oh, I forgot... cell phone technology has yet to make it that far south in America. 8)
missingdiver

Post by missingdiver »

:?:
MIGGO_ZERO
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by MIGGO_ZERO »

What do you expect! We've been drinking since nine!

No Say Yeah
Crowd was into it
Church bell was in blood spitting routine
Paul screamed "NAWLINS!" a lot
Paul had an affinity for tweaking his nipples during DRC
Cannot remember setlist from memory -- Parasite was played after MDD (I think)
Good vibe, people were wearing KISS shirts and/or cheap KISS makeup all day
Was in front for the show, have no idea how big the crowd truly was

Going back to downtown for more drinking. Let someone else fill in the details.
bagg
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by bagg »

Deuce
Strutter
Let Me Go, Rock and Roll
Hotter Than Hell
Shock Me
Modern Day Delilah
Calling Dr. Love
She
Parasite
100000 Years
I Love It Loud
Black Diamond
Rock and Roll All Night

Shout It Out Loud
Lick It Up
Love Gun
Detroit Rock City
fifthdeadlyvenom
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Going solely from memory, and drunken memory at that. Some of the songs may have been in a different order but you get the idea:

Deuce
Strutter
Let me go, rock and roll
Hotter than Hell
Shock Me
Modern Day Delilah
Calling Dr Love
She (guitar solo)
Parasite
100,000 years (drum solo, drum riser didn't rotate)
I Love it Loud (Gene blood with bell sound and spotlight, flying)
Black Diamond
RARAN
Shout It Out Loud
Lick it Up
Love Gun (Paul flying)
Detroit Rock City
Big fireworks display after the show.

Just stopped in at a friends place in the Quarter to rest and get my second wind before we go out and continue the partying. I may post more in-depth about the show later, but suffice it to say they didn't disappoint. Was hoping to see 'em play Say Yeah, but oh well. The band was tight as usual. Paul sounded good, at least from out in the crowd. Maybe the instant live cd will tell a different story but who knows. Gene was "on" and in character. Loved his performance tonight. Tommy was Tommy, rock solid. And this isn't news to anybody, but Eric Singer is a fuckin' beast (vocally as well).

One thing I noticed about the show was that all the songs and stunts I've seen countless times and become semi-jaded with may have actually been the most enjoyable parts of the show for me tonight. It was probably the energy from the crowd, the majority of which isn't obsessed with this stuff and have never seen it before. I'd have never in a million years thought I would enjoy "I Love it Loud" and "RARAN" so much after all this time but I got sucked right in to the "shock and awe" felt by all those KISS newbies.

I hope they do have a second leg of this tour and make their way back here, so I can see them in the right setting: a comfortable arena instead of a muddy field at an outdoor festival.

Time to head back out and do some more damage to my liver.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
bagg
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by bagg »

It's hard to judge the size of the crowd, it literally looked like a sea of people. I would say at least 30,000--quite possibly more.

I didn't notice them selling the Concert Live CD's, though it's entirely possible I missed it. I did see the merch stand, the shirts looked horrible. An announcer mentioned prior to Kiss going on that they were filming it for a Fuse TV special.
Trance

tr

Post by Trance »

No "Say Yeah"?

WTF?
gothunder

Re: tr

Post by gothunder »

Trance wrote:No "Say Yeah"?

WTF?
They probably chalked it up as a special show meaning lots of non Kiss fans in the crowd so take the NEW tune out and put something in non fans may know(therefore no SY). I'll bet it will be back in the set next show.
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

First clip I could find from this show not great footage but there you go:

Ace Cadet

Post by Ace Cadet »

Should a whipped out GOT for the Halloween show. The scariest Kiss song. Well, it was scary when I was 8. 8)
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

Cool crowd shots at Kissonline looks like a great turn out!!!
paracon
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by paracon »

No risers from the stage.
bigdaddyb

Post by bigdaddyb »

gothunder wrote:

WTF?
They probably chalked it up as a special show meaning lots of non Kiss fans in the crowd so take the NEW tune out and put something in non fans may know(therefore no SY). I'll bet it will be back in the set next show.
but they didn't they add anything just dropped say yeah
in this instance IWMFLY would've worked cause it's well known
Julien
Don't miss it!

Post by Julien »

Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

gothunder wrote:

WTF?
I would think the opposite. Why not get it out there for the gigantic crowd?
Makes no sense.
Just_Lee

Post by Just_Lee »

Lots and lots of people. Probably the most I have ever been with at a KISS show. I realize it was a "festival" gig, but it sure seemed like a KISS crowd....lol.

Muddy field. Kinda cool out there, but it didn't matter. I drank to make up for it. Hungover today.

It was a great show as usual from the boys. I was disappointed with no "Say Yeah". I mean I saw Pensacola....no "Say Yeah", Birmingham....no "Say Yeah". They played it the next night in Atlanta I think, but I didn't go. So I figure I see it for sure in New Orleans, but noooooooooooooo, they skip it.
But, I'm not crying about that, they rocked. Lots and lots of fireworks afterwards.

This was my first time to see them outdoors. I still prefer to see them at an arena, but this was a spectacle that I am glad I was a part of. Going to try to make the show in Houston in December.....maybe. If not this could be my last KISS show. For me show #32, and it didn't disappoint, aside from the no "Say Yeah" thing.
kssdiehard

Post by kssdiehard »

Ace Cadet wrote:Should a whipped out GOT for the Halloween show. The scariest Kiss song. Well, it was scary when I was 8. 8)
The studio version? :shock: :shock: :shock:
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

Just_Lee wrote:Lots and lots of people. Probably the most I have ever been with at a KISS show. I realize it was a "festival" gig, but it sure seemed like a KISS crowd....lol.

Muddy field. Kinda cool out there, but it didn't matter. I drank to make up for it. Hungover today.

It was a great show as usual from the boys. I was disappointed with no "Say Yeah". I mean I saw Pensacola....no "Say Yeah", Birmingham....no "Say Yeah". They played it the next night in Atlanta I think, but I didn't go. So I figure I see it for sure in New Orleans, but noooooooooooooo, they skip it.
But, I'm not crying about that, they rocked. Lots and lots of fireworks afterwards.

This was my first time to see them outdoors. I still prefer to see them at an arena, but this was a spectacle that I am glad I was a part of. Going to try to make the show in Houston in December.....maybe. If not this could be my last KISS show. For me show #32, and it didn't disappoint, aside from the no "Say Yeah" thing.
Any ideas about attendance numbers, I read somewhere that this may be the biggest crowd on US soil that the band has played to?
Just_Lee

Post by Just_Lee »

drgbootz wrote:
Just_Lee wrote:Lots and lots of people. Probably the most I have ever been with at a KISS show. I realize it was a "festival" gig, but it sure seemed like a KISS crowd....lol.

Any ideas about attendance numbers, I read somewhere that this may be the biggest crowd on US soil that the band has played to?
There were a lot of people, but it's not the biggest crowd that KISS has played to on U.S. soil. It is the biggest crowd I've seen as a KISS show......out of 32 shows. But I don't think it broke any records.
120 Decibels Jr.

Post by 120 Decibels Jr. »

BOO ...!
sugardaddy

Post by sugardaddy »

That was my 35th KISS show and one of the best. It was electric. Starchild was ON!!!!!