US "Alive 35" Show 21: 10/29/09 - Little Rock

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

US "Alive 35" Show 21: 10/29/09 - Little Rock

Post by Admin »

Discussion, meet-ups, set-lists, etc.
Last edited by Admin on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Abnrdvro
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Abnrdvro »

T-minus 24 hours for me :D
Ok folks I believe I may be the only one on the board going tonight. I'll be sending the set to warmachine to update. Likely to be the same but you never know. Something weird always seems to happen in LR. Last time it was "the jackass with the laser episode". I'm about to start my 3 hour drive down hoping the KISS arc won't be needed. 5-7 inches of rain expected through tonight. :shock:
KISSman24
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSman24 »

Isn't this show happening right now? Doesn't anyone else care? It's so lonely in this thread.... :(
Stunman_D
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Stunman_D »

KISSman24 wrote:Isn't this show happening right now? Doesn't anyone else care? It's so lonely in this thread.... :(
I'll spoon you if it makes you feel better!! :lol:
Sam T Serpent
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Sam T Serpent »

ill keep ya company lol
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

Deuce
Strutter
Let Me Go, Rock And Roll
Hotter Than Hell
Shock Me
Modern Day Delilah
Calling Dr Love
Say Yeah
She
Parasite
100,000 Years
I Love It Loud
Black Diamond
Rock And Roll All Nite

Shout It Out Loud
Lick It Up
Love Gun
Detroit Rock City
Last edited by warmachine731 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

The crowd was very much into the chorus of Say Yeah. Paul actually stopped singing and appeared shocked by the crowd reaction (Because everyone was singing along). Maybe he will now realize that people have this album and really dig it, front to back.

My point? Play the damn songs!

For Crazy Nights they played the title track, Bang Bang You, No, No, No, and Reason To Live on a regular basis. They also attempted Hell Or High Water and When Your Walls Come Down. I like the album but comparatively speaking it's cheese compared to the rest. What's the sense of writing songs if you'll never play them? Not asking for them all but if they picked 1 spot in the set and played a new song, then a few shows later replace that with another new song. Not asking for them all in 1 set, but play the songs!
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

Tommy screwed up the solo to Parasite, bad!
Sam T Serpent

Post by Sam T Serpent »

warmachine731 wrote:The crowd was very much into the chorus of Say Yeah. Paul actually stopped singing and appeared shocked by the crowd reaction (Because everyone was singing along). Maybe he will now realize that people have this album and really dig it, front to back
its because its got more of a sing-a-long chorus than MMD..
Insufficient Data
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Insufficient Data »

warmachine731 wrote:Paul actually stopped singing and appeared shocked by the crowd reaction (Because everyone was singing along). Maybe he will now realize that people have this album and really dig it, front to back.
Yeah, they should be approaching Sonic Boom the same way they did Crazy Nights, Revenge, Psycho Circus, etc. Hopefully this will convince Paul to do at least 3 new songs a night.

I also agree it's a good idea to periodically rotate new songs in a given slot. It would be a nice way to promote the album, yet still leave plenty of room in the setlist.
Austin Allison

Post by Austin Allison »

warmachine731 wrote:Tommy screwed up the solo to Parasite, bad!
Strike 1 for Tommy
Sam T Serpent

Post by Sam T Serpent »

Insufficient Data wrote:
warmachine731 wrote:Paul actually stopped singing and appeared shocked by the crowd reaction (Because everyone was singing along). Maybe he will now realize that people have this album and really dig it, front to back.
Yeah, they should be approaching Sonic Boom the same way they did Crazy Nights, Revenge, Psycho Circus, etc. Hopefully this will convince Paul to do at least 3 new songs a night.

I also agree it's a good idea to periodically rotate new songs in a given slot. It would be a nice way to promote the album, yet still leave plenty of room in the setlist.
Agreed.
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

Insufficient Data wrote:

Like Metallica has played all of their new songs from Death Magnetic. But they will swap songs in and out. Granted they play 6 new songs a night but even that isn't necessary. From KISS I will settle on 2 songs but rotate them. Swap out Shock Me with When Lightening Strikes. The next night bring back Shock Me, drop Dr Love and play Russian Roulette. Then drop Say Yeah and try Never Enough. OK you get the point but hopefully something to this effect will start happening
Trance
Banned

re

Post by Trance »

GREAT news about the crowd, I can't wait to see video.

They should replace "MDD" with "All For The Glory" and of course replace "Shock Me" with "When Lightning Strikes".
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by 67321 »

tommy really IS becoming ACE, :lol:
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

Paul's riser did not go up for the guitar smash
KISSman24
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSman24 »

Great to see people eventually migrated to this thread. 8)

I think it's a good idea that they put a song between "Say Yeah" and "Modern Day Deliliah". I rather have more integration of the new and old songs in the setlist. Now, I'd like to see "When Lightning Strikes" added to the set. Anyhow, I can't wait to hear the how "Say Yeah" sounded with the crowd tonight.
MrSnackwell

Re: re

Post by MrSnackwell »

Trance wrote:GREAT news about the crowd, I can't wait to see video.

They should replace "MDD" with "All For The Glory" and of course replace "Shock Me" with "When Lightning Strikes".
They can't do "All for the Glory" until Tommy learns the solo from "Parasite."

Thank you, you've been a great crowd.
Trance
Banned

re

Post by Trance »

Looks like they brought the floods with them.
Abnrdvro
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Abnrdvro »

Floods O'plenty. Quick short review. It was just awesome. They don't look like a band that is going to stop anytime soon to me. They appear to be having so much fun up there these days. Sound was great all night. Paul got a real kick out of a couple of Geno's usual flubs. Tommy on parasite solo was not good. Doesn't show up as much on usb live I got though. Crowd was about 85-90% sold I'd say. Way more people than RTN when there. Vocally Eric was great, Paul for the most part was as well, Gene great and "THE BELL" was back in his solo. During Tommy solo the falling lights came about a foot from landing on security guys head. They took a bad bounce and it was almost brutal. Overall great show, great crowd. I would love to see more change in the set but honestly for me once there I had a complete blast singing everyword to every song like it was the first time. I love this band! I brought my 12yr old daughter and she is still in complete awe! I'm already looking forward to my next show on Dec. 8th! Long live KISS!
Edit: listened to instant live again and uh yeah parasite solo issues for sure. lol I thought initially he broke a string but it sounds like he just got kind of lost. Overall though Tommy was outstanding at doing what he does.
Knappy
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Knappy »

I was there last night as well. It was my first show for myself and my dad and we were floored. I have been careful not to read any setlists or any news of the shows so it was a surprise for me. Say Yeah sounded awesome.
Abnrdvro
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Abnrdvro »

Knappy wrote:I was there last night as well. It was my first show for myself and my dad and we were floored. I have been careful not to read any setlists or any news of the shows so it was a surprise for me. Say Yeah sounded awesome.
8) Say Yeah did sound awesome! It went over very well with the crowd it seemed as well. Much more so than MDD I thought. Great show and glad you guys enjoyed it.
Knappy
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Knappy »

Abnrdvro, where were you seated?
Abnrdvro
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Abnrdvro »

Knappy wrote:Abnrdvro, where were you seated?
4th row right in front of Paul's mic stand. :D
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

I certainly wasn't there, but I read a news clipping on KISSonline that said there were over 10,000 there.

That's better than 1996 and 2000.
MikeBubbly
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by MikeBubbly »

anybody getting the instant live CD of this show & you want to trade, PM me

thank you