US "Alive 35" Show 14: 10/17/09 - Greenville

rockstar718
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by rockstar718 »

Austin Allison wrote:
1111976 wrote:
rockstar718 wrote:This shit fuckin pisses me off !!!! First of all I hate when Tommy sings Shock Me, and WHY THE FUCK dont they do the new songs. Its really a slap in the face to have him sing Shock Me and Not When Lightning Strikes. This is rediculous. They have a hit album out and wont play it, un fuckin believable !!!! Theres no way im going to see this lineup EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately, I have purchased tickets and I wish I could get my money back. No Sonic Boom and the fraud fake Ace singing Shock Me. Total shit.
Please, none of this.
None of what man. I have put enough time, money, and heart into following this band for a long long time. I believe I have a right to express myself when they do something that pisses me off. To be honest I actually Love the new album, I actually listen to it EVERYDAY! When it was announced that they were gonna have an all new album, new outfits, and an all new Stage....it was all very exciting. I still hate the fact that Tommy and Eric wear the makeup and everything, but I was actually starting to get passed that some with everything pretty much all the new. There is no reason for Tommy to keep copying Ace. Its a new tour, let him come up with his own schtick. Sing HIS song, come up with his own spotlight solo. Vinnie and Bruce had there own solos. Anyways Im not gonna keep complaining, its not gonna change anything. To each there own. But this time I believe a lot more people agree with me on the fact that KISS are def dropping the ball on this one.
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by 1111976 »

Austin Allison wrote:
1111976 wrote:
Austin Allison wrote:
1111976 wrote:
rockstar718 wrote:This shit fuckin pisses me off !!!! First of all I hate when Tommy sings Shock Me, and WHY THE FUCK dont they do the new songs. Its really a slap in the face to have him sing Shock Me and Not When Lightning Strikes. This is rediculous. They have a hit album out and wont play it, un fuckin believable !!!! Theres no way im going to see this lineup EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately, I have purchased tickets and I wish I could get my money back. No Sonic Boom and the fraud fake Ace singing Shock Me. Total shit.
Please, none of this.
Sorry. All of it. I've seen the real KISS. I'm tired of this one
real Kiss is Gene, Paul, Tommy, and Eric
Not even close. Too bad you don't know what you are talking about.
Austin Allison
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Austin Allison »

1111976 wrote:
Austin Allison wrote:
1111976 wrote:
Austin Allison wrote:
1111976 wrote:
Please, none of this.
real Kiss is Gene, Paul, Tommy, and Eric
Not even close. Too bad you don't know what you are talking about.
How is that?
Austin Allison

Post by Austin Allison »

rockstar718 wrote:
Austin Allison wrote:
1111976 wrote:
Please, none of this.
None of what man. I have put enough time, money, and heart into following this band for a long long time. I believe I have a right to express myself when they do something that pisses me off. To be honest I actually Love the new album, I actually listen to it EVERYDAY! When it was announced that they were gonna have an all new album, new outfits, and an all new Stage....it was all very exciting. I still hate the fact that Tommy and Eric wear the makeup and everything, but I was actually starting to get passed that some with everything pretty much all the new. There is no reason for Tommy to keep copying Ace. Its a new tour, let him come up with his own schtick. Sing HIS song, come up with his own spotlight solo. Vinnie and Bruce had there own solos. Anyways Im not gonna keep complaining, its not gonna change anything. To each there own. But this time I believe a lot more people agree with me on the fact that KISS are def dropping the ball on this one.
When somebody continually bashes something it gets old. It's not that I disagree, but some of the adjectives and verbs are a little strong if we're trying to have a reasonable debate. We don't need to resort to that stuff.
Austin Allison

Post by Austin Allison »

Don't get me wrong, I would rather not have Tommy sing Shock Me, but then again, I would rather not have Kiss play Love Gun every night. But the fact that he has sung it does not personally hurt me. I'm happy that there is something new.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Austin Allison wrote:
rockstar718 wrote:
Austin Allison wrote:
1111976 wrote:
Please, none of this.
When somebody continually bashes something it gets old. It's not that I disagree, but some of the adjectives and verbs are a little strong if we're trying to have a reasonable debate. We don't need to resort to that stuff.
We are sorry. You are right.

Fuck Kiss.
Austin Allison

Post by Austin Allison »

Spirit wrote:
Austin Allison wrote:
rockstar718 wrote:
Austin Allison wrote:
1111976 wrote:
Please, none of this.

Fuck Kiss.
I don't wanna sound like an ass, but was the f-word necessary?
KISSman24

Post by KISSman24 »

Yes!!! I'd LOVE to hear them do "Shock Me". I'm gonna see them in Tampa on Wednesday and I hope it stays in the set until then. :D
spacemountain8

Post by spacemountain8 »

Wow! Tonight's show was probably the best show since the HITS tour in 1990. This was the first time I've seen this lineup and I've got to say that this lineup is THE lineup of KISS as far as performing live goes. Don't get me wrong they were a bit rough in a couple of spots(MDD) but that happens with live music, but compared to the last three tours I saw (96,00,03) this lineup buries anything from those three previous shows including the performance of Shock Me. Great Night.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Austin Allison wrote:
Spirit wrote:
Austin Allison wrote:
rockstar718 wrote:
Austin Allison wrote:
1111976 wrote:
Please, none of this.

Fuck Kiss.
I am afraid it was.
Austin Allison

Post by Austin Allison »

Spirit wrote:
Austin Allison wrote:
Spirit wrote:
Austin Allison wrote:
rockstar718 wrote:
Austin Allison wrote:
1111976 wrote:
Please, none of this.

Fuck Kiss.
I am afraid it was.
I just want a moderately peaceful forum where people aren't calling people names. I'll admit it, I do it, but not to the extent of others.
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

Ace setlist from New Orleans 2008

Rip It Out
Hard Times / I Want You
Parasite
Snowblind
Rock Soldiers
Shot Full of Rock
Into the Void
Breakout
Strangeways
Medley
-- Torpedo Girl
-- Speedin’ Back to My Baby
-- 5 Card Stud
-- Trouble Walkin’
Stranger in a Strange Land
New York Groove (with lighted guitar)
Shock Me
Ace Solo (with ‘ole smoky)
Rocket Ride
-------------
Deuce
Love Her All I Can
Love Gun
Cold Gin (which led into the live ending of Black Diamond)

How come there were no complaints then?
Austin Allison

Post by Austin Allison »

Shane_Penney wrote:Ace setlist from New Orleans 2008

Rip It Out
Hard Times / I Want You
Parasite
Snowblind
Rock Soldiers
Shot Full of Rock
Into the Void
Breakout
Strangeways
Medley
-- Torpedo Girl
-- 5 Card Stud
-- Trouble Walkin’
Shock Me
Rocket Ride
-------------
Deuce
Love Her All I Can
Love Gun

It's not about Tommy singing Shock Me, it's about Tommy being in Kiss.
KISSman24

Post by KISSman24 »

Rip It Out
Hard Times / I Want You
Parasite
Snowblind
Rock Soldiers
Shot Full of Rock
Into the Void
Breakout
Strangeways
Medley
-- Torpedo Girl
-- 5 Card Stud
-- Trouble Walkin’
Shock Me
Rocket Ride
-------------
Deuce
Love Her All I Can
Love Gun

Because that's way different. :lol: :wink:
scottkfan1

Post by scottkfan1 »

1111976 wrote:
Austin Allison wrote:
1111976 wrote:
Please, none of this.
good dont let the door hit your ass on the way out..bye
fyrebear

Post by fyrebear »

mikeenc wrote:set was as listed except they dropped cold gin due to time. reaction to shock me was decent but seemed a lot of people did not know it. mdd went over like a john denver song...lots of blank stares
Mike, how was Tommy's vocal live on Shock Me?

Not surprised that the new KISS material gets little response. That's always the way. The majority of the fans at the show only know, and care, about the classic stuff.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

scottkfan1 wrote:
1111976 wrote:
Austin Allison wrote:
1111976 wrote:
Please, none of this.
Did you say bahhh?

Oh, you said bye. My bad.
scottkfan1

Post by scottkfan1 »

Rip It Out
Hard Times / I Want You
Parasite
Snowblind
Rock Soldiers
Shot Full of Rock
Into the Void
Breakout
Strangeways
Medley
-- Torpedo Girl
-- 5 Card Stud
-- Trouble Walkin’
Shock Me
Rocket Ride
-------------
Deuce
Love Her All I Can
Love Gun

becouse they cant move on there fav member of kiss ace has left kiss 2 times now and they still want to blame gene and paul for all aces problems..ace has not been in kiss for 7 years now ace plays kiss songs that he never sang on but thats ok big double standard and they will try to tell you how its different...
Philly Cheese

Post by Philly Cheese »

Rip It Out
Hard Times / I Want You
Parasite
Snowblind
Rock Soldiers
Shot Full of Rock
Into the Void
Breakout
Strangeways
Medley
-- Torpedo Girl
-- 5 Card Stud
-- Trouble Walkin’
Shock Me
Rocket Ride
-------------
Deuce
Love Her All I Can
Love Gun

EXACTLY!

Hypocrisy...
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

My guess is they're trying to cram as many different golden oldies into 1 tour to please the mainstream crowd.

I'd have rather they'd left "Shock Me" alone and done "When Lightning Strikes," but I've also made peace with the fact that I cannot figure out Paul Stanley.
mikeenc

Post by mikeenc »

fyrebear wrote:
mikeenc wrote:set was as listed except they dropped cold gin due to time. reaction to shock me was decent but seemed a lot of people did not know it. mdd went over like a john denver song...lots of blank stares

Not surprised that the new KISS material gets little response. That's always the way. The majority of the fans at the show only know, and care, about the classic stuff.
tommy sounded fine...it was a very good version of the song...i heard some rumblings backstage that paul was sick...his voice sounded really rough...saw him but did not speak to him...they were running really late for the m&g, so we barely had time to speak to eric...i wound up talking to tommy a bit more...he is a cool guy and seemed stoked to be doing the song...certainly no vibe that gene and paul were making him do it! sorry for lack of caps in posts but i am still on my phone!
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

1111976 wrote:
Sell them on ebay or back through ticketmaster onsale program?
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

mikeenc wrote:
fyrebear wrote:

tommy sounded fine...it was a very good version of the song...i heard some rumblings backstage that paul was sick...his voice sounded really rough...saw him but did not speak to him...they were running really late for the m&g, so we barely had time to speak to eric...i wound up talking to tommy a bit more...he is a cool guy and seemed stoked to be doing the song...certainly no vibe that gene and paul were making him do it! sorry for lack of caps in posts but i am still on my phone!
That's cool Mike. Great to hear. Did you pick up the Instant Live? I can't wait until the soundboard surfaces
rockstar718

Post by rockstar718 »

Austin Allison wrote:
Spirit wrote:
Austin Allison wrote:
Spirit wrote:
Austin Allison wrote:
rockstar718 wrote:
Austin Allison wrote:
1111976 wrote:
Please, none of this.

Fuck Kiss.
I am afraid it was.
I just want a moderately peaceful forum where people aren't calling people names. I'll admit it, I do it, but not to the extent of others.
Then Mabey you should go join a Clay Aiken forum, This Is FUCKIN' KISS !!!!!!!!!! Besides who called anyone a name?
rockstar718

Post by rockstar718 »

Rip It Out
Hard Times / I Want You
Parasite
Snowblind
Rock Soldiers
Shot Full of Rock
Into the Void
Breakout
Strangeways
Medley
-- Torpedo Girl
-- 5 Card Stud
-- Trouble Walkin’
Shock Me
Rocket Ride
-------------
Deuce
Love Her All I Can
Love Gun

Because when Ace does classic Gene or Paul KISS songs hes performing songs that he was a part of to begin with. Should Ace not perform "Cold Gin" because Gene originally sang it? Ace was there to help create the classic songs he does. Besides its not like Ace is pretending to be Gene or Paul either. When Genes voice gave out on him in Japan 1997 Paul covered his songs. When an original member performs songs from the lineup they were part of, its different then when an imitator does it.
rockstar718

Post by rockstar718 »

I will say this....I apologize to anyone who gets offended by any excessive use of bad language used by me on this forum. I dont usually get that bad with it. But it really pissed me off that they would bring back "Shock Me" for Thayer to do, and Not His new tune.
foxxcarr
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by foxxcarr »

Yup, Shock me and Dr. Love added and Got to choose and C'mon and Love Me were dropped it. It was pretty obvious why. Paul seemed really sick. I was in 5th row and several times throughout the show you could see Paul trying to clear his throat (kinda like something was stuck in there and he couldn't get it out). He was spitting all over the place and seemed really out of sorts. He sounded Terrible on Strutter and Modern Day Deliliah. The rest, not too terrible, but incredibly strained. They intro'd Shock Me with Paul saying something to the effect of: "we're not playing the same set that we've been playing this tour. We're gonna do something that we haven't played this whole tour. Tommy's gonna sing a song." Immediately I got excited thinking it was When Lightining Strikes. Then Paul said "Shock Me," and I died a little inside. To be fair, it wasn't a bad version but Tommy botched the solo (which he did a few times early in the set).

The band was rough for the first half of the set. By the time "She" came around, they were hitting it out of the park. It was crazy how many people were there. I don't think it was sold out but it was damn near close to capacity.

Now it's time to crash...so tired!
DressedToKiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by DressedToKiss »

Spirit wrote:
scottkfan1 wrote:
1111976 wrote:
Austin Allison wrote:
1111976 wrote:
Please, none of this.
Did you say bahhh?

Oh, you said bye. My bad.

My ba-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-aaaaaaaad.
ACK!

Post by ACK! »

Philly Cheese wrote:

Rip It Out
Hard Times / I Want You
Parasite
Snowblind
Rock Soldiers
Shot Full of Rock
Into the Void
Breakout
Strangeways
Medley
-- Torpedo Girl
-- 5 Card Stud
-- Trouble Walkin’
Shock Me
Rocket Ride
-------------
Deuce
Love Her All I Can
Love Gun

EXACTLY!

Hypocrisy...
If you guys don't know the difference already, no point in trying to explain it to you.
BagBoy
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by BagBoy »

rockstar718 wrote:

Rip It Out
Hard Times / I Want You
Parasite
Snowblind
Rock Soldiers
Shot Full of Rock
Into the Void
Breakout
Strangeways
Medley
-- Torpedo Girl
-- 5 Card Stud
-- Trouble Walkin’
Shock Me
Rocket Ride
-------------
Deuce
Love Her All I Can
Love Gun

Because when Ace does classic Gene or Paul KISS songs hes performing songs that he was a part of to begin with. Should Ace not perform "Cold Gin" because Gene originally sang it? Ace was there to help create the classic songs he does. Besides its not like Ace is pretending to be Gene or Paul either. When Genes voice gave out on him in Japan 1997 Paul covered his songs. When an original member performs songs from the lineup they were part of, its different then when an imitator does it.
So Ace can Sing a G&P Kiss song cause he was part of it.

So that means G&P can do an Ace Kiss song cause they were part of it.

Makes sense!

Look I don't see why people are all whine whine. Shock Me is a good song and Kiss has realized it. Tommy does a fine job at doing it. Shock Me is part of the Kiss legacy. I don't get why people are all whine whine on this issue really. Look I'd rather see Bruce back in the group but it's not the way it is. Kiss is four iconic characters. People Know Gene Simmons and if youre lucky Paul Stanley. I think they should be doing Sonic Boom songs and hopefully they will but until then if they wanna do Shock Me cool! Wish they did it at the DC show but I love the show I saw!
Trance

re

Post by Trance »

I don't care what Tommy sings but for fuck's sake why can't it be a new song? I don't get it.
trip730
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by trip730 »

Calling Dr Love...what an absolutely boring song!Don't blame Tommy for having to sing Shock Me, blame Paul and Gene for that.

Wake up Paul and Gene, we are all sick and tired of this set list. :x
madvass
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by madvass »

rockstar718 wrote:
What he said!!
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

Rip It Out
Hard Times / I Want You
Parasite
Snowblind
Rock Soldiers
Shot Full of Rock
Into the Void
Breakout
Strangeways
Medley
-- Torpedo Girl
-- 5 Card Stud
-- Trouble Walkin’
Shock Me
Rocket Ride
-------------
Deuce
Love Her All I Can
Love Gun

Probably because he doesn't have Paul, Gene, & Peter imitators on stage with him......
Ratmir

Post by Ratmir »

ACK! wrote:
Philly Cheese wrote:

Rip It Out
Hard Times / I Want You
Parasite
Snowblind
Rock Soldiers
Shot Full of Rock
Into the Void
Breakout
Strangeways
Medley
-- Torpedo Girl
-- 5 Card Stud
-- Trouble Walkin’
Shock Me
Rocket Ride
-------------
Deuce
Love Her All I Can
Love Gun

EXACTLY!

Hypocrisy...
If you guys don't know the difference already, no point in trying to explain it to you.
The point is that there IS a hypocrisy. Often Ace don't get critisized by the same people who are ready to eat Gene and Paul when they do the same thing. Sometimes it's opposite and people forgive G&P but not Ace.

I don't have a problem Tommy singing Shock me, I supported it in 2008, but now I don't like it because he has his own song.
daltonic1

Post by daltonic1 »

a. tommy shouldn't be doing shock me. ever. but especially now that he has his own song it just seems even more lame than it did last year.

b. what band puts out a record that people have waited 11 years for, it hits #2 in the charts, and then they play one song off of it??
is that promotion?

c. who thought paul and gene's voices could handle the touring schedule they lined up?
honestly...
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

Ratmir wrote:
The point is that there IS a hypocrisy. Often Ace don't get critisized by the same people who are ready to eat Gene and Paul when they do the same thing.
Ace isn't doing the same thing, so it isn't hypocrisy.

A good example of hypocrisy is when fans say "It doesn't matter who is under the Space-Ace and Catman makeup.....but no one else can wear the Starchild or Demon makeup".
daltonic1

Post by daltonic1 »

correct.
*Chameleon*
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by *Chameleon* »

I have no problem with Eric Singer doing the material Peter Criss & Eric Carr sang, but Tommy singing Ace songs just rubs me the wrong way.
It doesn't make sense but that's how I feel.

In any event, I'm much more interested in Sonic Boom songs showing up in the setlist. Let Tommy & Eric do their new songs, they (IMHO) are two of the best songs on the cd anyway!
Todd
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Todd »

I don't agree with Tommy doing "Shock Me" either, but what REALLY rubbed me the wrong way was during his solo he fired the rockets off the end of his guitar, even with the fake-light-fixture-falling-down routine thrown in.

That is a signature Ace stunt that I don't want to see anyone else doing.

A word on Paul being sick last night: My wife and I did the Meet and Greet, and she told me that while he was signing for her, he was talking over top of her head to one of his assistants asking for Afrin. He then apologized to her for doing so during her moment with him.
mrdeuce
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by mrdeuce »

I would prefer Tommy not do Shock Me, but it doesn't bother me all that much. What really disappoints is not doing more than the one song off the new album. It didn't get released and nobody bought it. It debuted at #2, and they keep talking about how proud they are of the album. Play a couple of songs from it, for cryin' out loud.
Deleted User 32

Post by Deleted User 32 »

RisingForce wrote:
Ratmir wrote:
The point is that there IS a hypocrisy. Often Ace don't get critisized by the same people who are ready to eat Gene and Paul when they do the same thing.
Ace isn't doing the same thing, so it isn't hypocrisy.

A good example of hypocrisy is when fans say "It doesn't matter who is under the Space-Ace and Catman makeup.....but no one else can wear the Starchild or Demon makeup".
Or, people feel differently about the people who were originally under those makeup designs. They may not accept anyone else under gene and Paul's makeup simply because they won't accept gene and Paul not being in the band.
kissthat

Post by kissthat »

I know it's a little late-but I was at the show and after about 10 seconds of sort shock that they would play this(Shock Me),the crowd was into it.I do believe though it's hard for some .seeing the make up being used and songs that they have stayed away from live before now,really shows that another reunion will never happen,Sort of adds a final stamp to it.But if a song was on a KISS album to start with,it should be able to be played live.Think of all the bands out there that sing songs by members no longer in the band.It does strike me odd though,that Paul was sick as hell that night and they cut a song sung by Gene?Cold Gin
Last edited by kissthat on Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
tonguebath

Post by tonguebath »

I thought it was a bad idea for them to do Shock Me as it's known more for being Ace's signature piece even in his solo band, than it is a Kiss song.
swedishace
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by swedishace »

tonguebath wrote:I thought it was a bad idea for them to do Shock Me as it's known more for being Ace's signature piece even in his solo band, than it is a Kiss song.
they should not play it if Ace isnt in the band
Same138
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Same138 »

"she...parasite..."

You jammy American &^$+*<)s. I'd have sold Gene my soul if they'd played this particular double bill in Glasgow this year instead of IWMFLY and one of the three SB songs (if I was choosing from what was played that night I'd have dropped "Animal"). You think you got shit set lists? Whiners!