US "Alive 35" Show 14: 10/17/09 - Greenville

Julien
Whee Wan

US "Alive 35" Show 14: 10/17/09 - Greenville

Post by Julien »

Discussion, meet-ups, set-lists, etc.
Last edited by Julien on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
spacedemonstarcat
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by spacedemonstarcat »

Taking my son tomorrow night. We're both really looking foward to it. I've only seen Kiss without the makeup in '83 and '85. I would love to hear a few different tunes, but I'll gladly take what I can get.
kissdude
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by kissdude »

Going and taking my wife and daughter. Its my daughter's first time seeing KISS and I'm pretty excited about it. She finally gets to see what Daddy is so into. I looked at her iPod playlists the other day and I noticed that she had put several tunes from Sonic Boom in there. So cool! Meeting up with another KISSFAQ member before the show to exhange some things. Looking forward to the show!
spacemountain8
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by spacemountain8 »

I am in Greenville as we speak and I am so excited that I can't sleep. Can't wait! Hope you guys have fun.
mattitude
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by mattitude »

spacemountain8 wrote:I am in Greenville as we speak and I am so excited that I can't sleep. Can't wait! Hope you guys have fun.
That was me Thursday night. What am I talking about? I just saw them last night and I'm still amped up this morning. I had a 4 -5 hour trip there and back so it was 10 hours of driving and a little over two hours of Kiss, totally worth it. Hopefully I'll crash out hard later today and get some rest. I need it.

In the meantime have a great time tonight. I know you will.
spacemountain8

Post by spacemountain8 »

mattitude wrote:
spacemountain8 wrote:I am in Greenville as we speak and I am so excited that I can't sleep. Can't wait! Hope you guys have fun.
That was me Thursday night. What am I talking about? I just saw them last night and I'm still amped up this morning. I had a 4 -5 hour trip there and back so it was 10 hours of driving and a little over two hours of Kiss, totally worth it. Hopefully I'll crash out hard later today and get some rest. I need it.

In the meantime have a great time tonight. I know you will.
Thanks man iI hope we all have a great time. I also hope tomorrow we all get to brag about hearing some new songs live for the first time from Sonic Boom. :lol:
Todd
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Todd »

Todd will be there.
DressedToKiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by DressedToKiss »

Can't wait for tonite - I've only seen 1 show before - Greenville in 2001 - right before the end of the Farewell tour in Charleston where Peter trashed the drumset.

For several years there I lost interest in KISS. Then they put out the Kissologies. Now I'm back and can't wait for the show!!!
jmitzel

Post by jmitzel »

I will be here tonight...

Hope to see you other KISS FAQ'ers there...let's get ready to ROCK the place!
spacemountain8

Post by spacemountain8 »

Just got back from Wal-mart here in Greenville and they don't have a KISS Korner. Figures. :evil:
Philly Cheese

Post by Philly Cheese »

jmitzel wrote:I will be here tonight...

Hope to see you other KISS FAQ'ers there...let's get ready to ROCK the place!
MOST DEFINITELY!

Thanks man! :lol:
Ratmir
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Ratmir »

GreenFIELD :D
Julien
Whee Wan

Post by Julien »

Ratmir wrote:GreenFIELD :D
?

http://www.bilocenter.com/
foxxcarr
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by foxxcarr »

For folks that don't know, on the farewell tour (April 21, 2000) when KISS played Greenville, on the big screen where it says "KISS Loves You (insert city here)" it said Greenfield. The band issued an apology later. To their credit, they said Greenville every time that night.
Julien
Whee Wan

Post by Julien »

foxxcarr wrote:For folks that don't know, on the farewell tour (April 21, 2000) when KISS played Greenville, on the big screen where it says "KISS Loves You (insert city here)" it said Greenfield. The band issued an apology later. To their credit, they said Greenville every time that night.
LOL. Didn't remember. Won't be the last time they thank the wrong city!
skulljam9
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by skulljam9 »

when Eric's set rotates, there's a big piece of paper with the name of the city they are in... you'd think when playing MSG, he would need a sheet saying New York on it though :?
mikeenc

Post by mikeenc »

saw kiss set for tonight...same except adding shock me tonight...confirmed w/tommy backstage...more tomorrow..on cell now.
timstar78
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by timstar78 »

If "Shock Me" is indeed added, that should shake up more things than the set list....
ferkberger747
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ferkberger747 »

mikeenc wrote:saw kiss set for tonight...same except adding shock me tonight...confirmed w/tommy backstage...more tomorrow..on cell now.
I really hope not. That's not a slap in the face to just Ace, but Tommy too. They guy has his own fucking song now...
Trance

re

Post by Trance »

Tommy probably isn't too happy about it either.

Seriously Gene and Paul do some stupid shit.
mikeenc

Post by mikeenc »

deuce...strutter...lmgrnr...hotter...shock me...mdd...dr love...she...parasite...100k years/eric...i love it loud...black d...raran...siol...liu...cold gin...love gun...drc...kiss curtain just dropped...
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

mikeenc wrote:deuce...strutter...lmgrnr...hotter...shock me...mdd...dr love...she...parasite...100k years/eric...i love it loud...black d...raran...siol...liu...cold gin...love gun...drc...kiss curtain just dropped...
If this is the case, it's not going to sit well with some. Dr. Love is appreciated though.
PyroMessiah86
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

poor......The Tommy Situation is fine with me..i have no issues but leave Aces songs alone G&P!! Tommy has his own material now
greekmeat
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by greekmeat »

Faq......

I guess Dr. Love is ok. But why can't they insert other songs....new, old, rare, obscure, cover...Anything!!!!!!!! Hell, even some Wicked Lester tunes would be good.
nightwingken
Might as well be the Admin!
Location: Celebrating 12 years whining.Complaining since 2001.

Post by nightwingken »

BlackieUK wrote:poor......The Tommy Situation is fine with me..i have no issues but leave Aces songs alone G&P!! Tommy has his own material now
i dont even care if they did SM, but they have a new song off of SB that features Tommy, it makes no sense
ferkberger747
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ferkberger747 »

nightwingken wrote:
BlackieUK wrote:poor......The Tommy Situation is fine with me..i have no issues but leave Aces songs alone G&P!! Tommy has his own material now
i dont even care if they did SM, but they have a new song off of SB that features Tommy, it makes no sense
I don't want them doing SM with Tommy...but that is the main reason I'm mad. They're ignoring SB again...
nightwingken
Location: Celebrating 12 years whining.Complaining since 2001.

Post by nightwingken »

ferkberger747 wrote:
nightwingken wrote:
I don't want them doing SM with Tommy...but that is the main reason I'm mad. They're ignoring SB again...
i agree
otisbarr1
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by otisbarr1 »

as Shock Me was done by Tommy 4 times before in March of last year (in Australia and New Zealand) the ONLY good thing about it would be the live CD soundboard recording of it just to get a good recording of it for the archives..
but lets make it a ONE off performance and get When Lightning Strikes in there for the love of god!!
scottkfan1

Post by scottkfan1 »

i have no problem with it ace does allot of kiss songs what does it matter ace will like the royalties from the cd sales
dursin

Post by dursin »

They need to play some songs of SB...especially if they want to continue to sell copies. I was planning on buying at least 3 or 4 more copies of SB as 'stocking stuffers' this year. If I don't hear something other than MDD when I see them in Tampa next week or Chicago on the 6th, those stocking stuffers will be hand made CDR's rather than Walmart bought copies.
otisbarr1
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by otisbarr1 »

dursin wrote:They need to play some songs of SB...especially if they want to continue to sell copies. I was planning on buying at least 3 or 4 more copies of SB as 'stocking stuffers' this year. If I don't hear something other than MDD when I see them in Tampa next week or Chicago on the 6th, those stocking stuffers will be hand made CDR's rather than Walmart bought copies.
I'll be in Tampa on Wed night too. Where you sitting dursin?
dursin

Post by dursin »

otisbarr1 wrote:
dursin wrote:They need to play some songs of SB...especially if they want to continue to sell copies. I was planning on buying at least 3 or 4 more copies of SB as 'stocking stuffers' this year. If I don't hear something other than MDD when I see them in Tampa next week or Chicago on the 6th, those stocking stuffers will be hand made CDR's rather than Walmart bought copies.
Went with the 'cheap seats' for the Tampa show. Seats are up front in section 329 which is right near the stage. Have great non-floor seats for the Chicago show.
otisbarr1
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by otisbarr1 »

dursin wrote:
otisbarr1 wrote:
Went with the 'cheap seats' for the Tampa show. Seats are up front in section 329 which is right near the stage. Have great non-floor seats for the Chicago show.
As my boss had this week scheduled off I have to be at work so I couldnt follow them around Florida this time :-( so Tampa will be my only show this tour - so we did VIP - 4rth row center.
Should be a great show!
Starryeyed Guy

Post by Starryeyed Guy »

Shock Me and Dr. Love should have been.......

When Lightning Strikes and Yes I Know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kssdiehard

Post by kssdiehard »

There seems to be a trend here. They add two new songs (I Stole Your Love and KOTNTW). They take them away. They return to the same set. They add two more new songs (Shock Me and Dr. Love). Anybody know what will happen next?
mikeenc

Post by mikeenc »

confirmed they did both...sm & dr...paul sounds like shit but getting better...eric carrying gene vox a lot
ferkberger747
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ferkberger747 »

mikeenc wrote:confirmed they did both...sm & dr...paul sounds like shit but getting better...eric carrying gene vox a lot
Lame.
bigdaddyb

Post by bigdaddyb »

Mike what was the crowd reaction to Shock Me?
creaturesrevenge
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by creaturesrevenge »

"Shock Me" appears on a KISS lp, not an Ace Frehley solo lp.
rockstar718

Post by rockstar718 »

This shit fuckin pisses me off !!!! First of all I hate when Tommy sings Shock Me, and WHY THE FUCK dont they do the new songs. Its really a slap in the face to have him sing Shock Me and Not When Lightning Strikes. This is rediculous. They have a hit album out and wont play it, un fuckin believable !!!! Theres no way im going to see this lineup EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

kssdiehard wrote:There seems to be a trend here. They add two new songs (I Stole Your Love and KOTNTW). They take them away. They return to the same set. They add two more new songs (Shock Me and Dr. Love). Anybody know what will happen next?
Do You Love Me and God Gave Rock And Roll To You?
Trout_Player

Post by Trout_Player »

warmachine731 wrote:
kssdiehard wrote:There seems to be a trend here. They add two new songs (I Stole Your Love and KOTNTW). They take them away. They return to the same set. They add two more new songs (Shock Me and Dr. Love). Anybody know what will happen next?
Do You Love Me and God Gave Rock And Roll To You?
I wouldn't mind that.
mikeenc

Post by mikeenc »

set was as listed except they dropped cold gin due to time. reaction to shock me was decent but seemed a lot of people did not know it. mdd went over like a john denver song...lots of blank stares
Julien
Whee Wan

Post by Julien »

mikeenc wrote:set was as listed except they dropped cold gin due to time. reaction to shock me was decent but seemed a lot of people did not know it. mdd went over like a john denver song...lots of blank stares
Down to 17 songs... Wow. Was 100,000 years 18 minutes all inclusive.

I just wish they'd promote this new album properly...
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

Admin wrote:
mikeenc wrote:set was as listed except they dropped cold gin due to time. reaction to shock me was decent but seemed a lot of people did not know it. mdd went over like a john denver song...lots of blank stares
Down to 17 songs... Wow. Was 100,000 years 18 minutes all inclusive.

I just wish they'd promote this new album properly...
But I do think that this is the most interested that I've been in getting an Instant Live from this tour. I'll eventually hear it. However, I'm not buying any more than the 3 that I have coming until they add Sonic Boom songs.
Austin Allison

Post by Austin Allison »

very happy!!! Go Tommy!

Post by 1111976 »

rockstar718 wrote:This shit fuckin pisses me off !!!! First of all I hate when Tommy sings Shock Me, and WHY THE FUCK dont they do the new songs. Its really a slap in the face to have him sing Shock Me and Not When Lightning Strikes. This is rediculous. They have a hit album out and wont play it, un fuckin believable !!!! Theres no way im going to see this lineup EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately, I have purchased tickets and I wish I could get my money back. No Sonic Boom and the fraud fake Ace singing Shock Me. Total shit.
Austin Allison

Post by Austin Allison »

1111976 wrote:
rockstar718 wrote:This shit fuckin pisses me off !!!! First of all I hate when Tommy sings Shock Me, and WHY THE FUCK dont they do the new songs. Its really a slap in the face to have him sing Shock Me and Not When Lightning Strikes. This is rediculous. They have a hit album out and wont play it, un fuckin believable !!!! Theres no way im going to see this lineup EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately, I have purchased tickets and I wish I could get my money back. No Sonic Boom and the fraud fake Ace singing Shock Me. Total shit.
Please, none of this.

Post by 1111976 »

Austin Allison wrote:
1111976 wrote:
Please, none of this.
Sorry. All of it. I've seen the real KISS. I'm tired of this one
Austin Allison

Post by Austin Allison »

1111976 wrote:
Austin Allison wrote:
1111976 wrote:
Please, none of this.
Sorry. All of it. I've seen the real KISS. I'm tired of this one
real Kiss is Gene, Paul, Tommy, and Eric