US "Alive 35" Show 11: 10/12/09 - Philadelphia

DownNeckKiss
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by DownNeckKiss »

downboys wrote:Did I mention that this is SO FUCKING GAY!!!!!!!!

I'm sick of this bullshit...and I support these fuckers through think and thin...
anyway... before I got sacked by the spelling Kiss boy scouts in thier kiss panties...just wanted to say i feel ya bro.. i know what ya going through.
warmachine731
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by warmachine731 »

I say drop C'mon And Love Me, Strutter and Cold Gin and replace them with 3 more new songs. Or at least 2 more new ones and another oldie
punky
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by punky »

Just enjoy it or don't.
I mean c'mon...does it REALLY matter?
DownNeckKiss

Post by DownNeckKiss »

ferkberger747 wrote:I'll be honest...I'm getting sick and fucking tired of trying to be fucking positive about this bullshit. Honestly, KISS doesn't deserve to be #1. Album's been out a week, they refuse to play anything but the single and they don't have a video out for the single. Fuck it.
yes bout time... we need norma ray in this biotch

let's storm the castle :)
Spirit
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by Spirit »

It appears it is finally getting to people.
downboys

Post by downboys »

punky wrote:Just enjoy it or don't.

Yes. I paid $300 for tickets...it matters to me...
downboys

Post by downboys »

gshaller wrote:
downboys wrote:gay, gay, gay...
I wonder if the 10 percent of people here who ARE gay feel about that comparison. :wink:
Oh come on now Gary...different definition of the word gay being used here...

I didn't call Kiss' setlist homosexual...just gay...

:wink:
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

downboys wrote:

Why do people think it is wrong to expect something for your money?
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

downboys wrote:

I hear you. I saw them 4x including the Cobo shows so I had to fly and get hotels and cabs etc. Forked over a bunch of money for this tour. I won't say I'm complaining because it was well worth it to me, but the fact that they haven't done much to support SB is crazy. At least I got to see Nothin' To Lose 2 times in Detroit though!
DownNeckKiss

Post by DownNeckKiss »

downboys wrote:
gshaller wrote:
downboys wrote:gay, gay, gay...
I wonder if the 10 percent of people here who ARE gay feel about that comparison. :wink:
Oh come on now Gary...different definition of the word gay being used here...

I didn't call Kiss' setlist homosexual...just gay...

the kids spell that version as "ghey"

just helpin out :)
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

DownNeckKiss wrote:
GlamMetalChild wrote:
gshaller wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:

I'm sick of this bullshit...and I support these fuckers through think and thin...
it's how i felt since 2002... it's like you suddenly become that age when ya reelize santa aint real...or something like that.
Then comes the age when you start to spell "realize" correctly. That's later, though.

:P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ironically that was my reaction when i heard sonic boom the first time
Ironically, there's nothing ironic about that. It's just a coincidence.
downboys

Post by downboys »

Look - I'll have a great time at the 2 shows I'm going to...I'll love every minute of the show...but the setlists suck...bottom line...they haven't changed anything substantial in YEARS...
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

DownNeckKiss wrote:

anyway... before I got sacked by the spelling Kiss boy scouts in thier kiss panties...just wanted to say i feel ya bro.. i know what ya going through.
Man. A lot goin' on, here.

Good thing there are no psychologists on this board.

:shock:
downboys

Post by downboys »

gshaller wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:

:lol:
the-rockstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by the-rockstar »

I feel the exact same way and I'm sure many of us do. It's like they only did the album for an excuse to tour North America. I'm not very excited about seeing them anymore. 13 years of the same damn thing.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

ferkberger747 wrote:I'll be honest...I'm getting sick and fucking tired of trying to be fucking positive about this bullshit. Honestly, KISS doesn't deserve to be #1. Album's been out a week, they refuse to play anything but the single and they don't have a video out for the single. Fuck it.
Pink Floyd have had top 10 albums where they've never played a single song live.

Just saying.
downboys

Post by downboys »

gshaller wrote:
Pink Floyd have had top 10 albums where they've never played a single song live.

Just saying.
I hate Pink Floyd...

Just sayin...

DownNeckKiss

Post by DownNeckKiss »

Spirit wrote:It appears it is finally getting to people.
bout time KISS fans start acting like KISS fans

didn't Paul mention something about throwing your chair at a band who isn't giving you what you want?
punky
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by punky »

downboys wrote:

gshaller

Post by gshaller »

downboys wrote:
gshaller wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:

:D
ferkberger747
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ferkberger747 »

downboys wrote:Look - I'll have a great time at the 2 shows I'm going to...I'll love every minute of the show...but the setlists suck...bottom line...they haven't changed anything substantial in YEARS...
I agree...and I've never seen them live before.

Look...I am a full time student who tries to support himself on a shitty $8.50 an hour. $200 for tickets is not chump change to me....it's nearly a weeks pay after taxes, insurance, etc. They have a new record out, they have all this momentum, and they're wasting it...and spitting in the diehards faces. The causals aren't gonna know at least 10 of those songs they ARE playing...maybe more. Why keep them and ignore the new stuff. It's laziness. I really don't think they've earned a #1 record.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

DownNeckKiss wrote:
Spirit wrote:It appears it is finally getting to people.
bout time KISS fans start acting like KISS fans
Yes, and then they can teach you how.
didn't Paul mention something about throwing your chair at a band who isn't giving you what you want?
Yes. I don't see that happening at the concerts.
ferkberger747
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ferkberger747 »

gshaller wrote:

Just saying.
I like Pink Floyd...and they're fucking idiots for doing that. They didn't deserve #1 either and I pity their fans.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

ferkberger747 wrote:
downboys wrote:Look - I'll have a great time at the 2 shows I'm going to...I'll love every minute of the show...but the setlists suck...bottom line...they haven't changed anything substantial in YEARS...

Look...I am a full time student who tries to support himself on a shitty $8.50 an hour. $200 for tickets is not chump change to me....it's nearly a weeks pay after taxes, insurance, etc. They have a new record out, they have all this momentum, and they're wasting it...and spitting in the diehards faces. The causals aren't gonna know at least 10 of those songs they ARE playing...maybe more. Why keep them and ignore the new stuff. It's laziness. I really don't think they've earned a #1 record.
It sux, yes, but the album still deserves to be top 10. It's a great record regardless of how much/little they play from it.
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

That's what made RTN so great. They changed more than 50% of the setlist from the regular '96-'00 set.

I remember Paul saying they fell slave to their own set lists and it seems to have happened again. At that time he was saying it was due to what the band was capable of. Apparently this band is capable of anything, why not play anything? Tears Are Falling, I Just Wanna, Heavens On Fire, Forever were hits. Why not play them? Get my point?
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

ferkberger747 wrote:
gshaller wrote:

Just saying.
I like Pink Floyd...and they're fucking idiots for doing that. They didn't deserve #1 either and I pity their fans.
The album was outstanding.
DownNeckKiss

Post by DownNeckKiss »

gshaller wrote:

Just saying.

lol..you are the last loyal supporter to the dying empire that gets stomped when the pissed off people of the village storm the castle.

:)
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

Albums can still be amazing even if a single note is never played live.

ferkberger747
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ferkberger747 »

gshaller wrote:
ferkberger747 wrote:

It sux, yes, but the album still deserves to be top 10. It's a great record regardless of how much/little they play from it.
Nowhere did I say that Sonic Boom didn't deserve it. I said that KISS didn't deserve Sonic Boom to be #1. Sonic Boom is certainly a #1 record, and the KISS fans deserve it. KISS, however, do not. At least in my opinion.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

DownNeckKiss wrote:
gshaller wrote:

Just saying.

lol..you are the last loyal supporter to the dying empire that gets stomped when the pissed off people of the village storm the castle.

:)
Nope. I'm just not a black-and-white thinker.
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

warmachine731 wrote:1. Deuce
2. Strutter
3. Let Me Go, Rock And Roll
4. Hotter Than Hell
5. Got To Choose
6. Modern Day Delilah
7. C'mon And Love Me
8. She / Tommy Solo
9. Parasite
10. 100,000 Years / Eric Solo
11. Gene Solo / I Love It Loud
12. Black Diamond
13. Rock And Roll All Nite

-------------------------------

14. Shout It Out Loud
15. Lick It Up
16. Cold Gin
17. Love Gun
18. Detroit Rock City
Part of me says that KISS deserves a #1 album

Then I look at the setlist and I think they don't.

It's too bad they've given up on promoting the album correctly. I really like it.
Last edited by Shane_Penney on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DownNeckKiss

Post by DownNeckKiss »

gshaller wrote:Albums can still be amazing even if a single note is never played live.

I don't remember the beatles announcing the "meet the beatles/sgt pepper tour"

the comparison doesn't work...very weak try.

lol... brother the wheels are coming off your whole operation here... hahahahahaha
timstar78

Post by timstar78 »

A minimum of two to three songs should be played from this record live, no exceptions. KISS has never played just one song from a new album on a tour in support of said album.

Just scanning back to COTN, here are the songs that were at least attempted and it would seem a minimum of three usually stayed in the set, at the least:

COTN: 6 songs
LIU: 6 songs
Animalize: 6 songs
Asylum: 4 songs
Crazy Nights: 6 songs
HITS: 5 songs
Revenge: 5 songs
Psycho Circus: 3 songs

This tour isn't over but this isn't promising. A new album that the band is extremely proud of and a lineup that is supposedly so versatile that it can play anything in the catalog. What gives?

"You wanted the best, you got the best" -- are we KISS fans really getting the "best" on this tour?
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

Look, people have every right to be pissed... myself included... about the setlist... AND it's not a reason (in my mind) to stop supporting the band.
skulljam9
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by skulljam9 »

my wife went to Mohegan with me... she knew RNRAN, Lick It Up, Love Gun and SIOL...that's it. She LOVED the show and it didn't matter to her that she didn't know the songs. So even the casual fan wouldn't mind a new song or two besides MDD
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

DownNeckKiss wrote:
gshaller wrote:Albums can still be amazing even if a single note is never played live.

lol... brother the wheels are coming off your whole operation here... hahahahahaha
Not really. The Beatles started the trend of bands recording music that couldn't be reproduced live. They were the 1st. KISS have no excuse, AND I refuse to stop enjoying what we have.
Acid Trip Massacre

Post by Acid Trip Massacre »

Good ol Kiss. Nice setlist. :lol:
skulljam9
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by skulljam9 »

I totally agree about enjoying what we have.... I just saw them twice in a week and I'm hoping they come back soon so I can go again... I had a great time at both shows. Even though my shoulder is killing me from recording them... :lol:
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

skulljam9 wrote:I totally agree about enjoying what we have.... I just saw them twice in a week and I'm hoping they come back soon so I can go again... I had a great time at both shows. Even though my shoulder is killing me from recording them... :lol:
It is what it is. I'd rather hear more new material, AND it's really just one of many things I don't understand about Paul's decision-making.
Acid Trip Massacre

gshaller wrote:
skulljam9 wrote:I totally agree about enjoying what we have.... I just saw them twice in a week and I'm hoping they come back soon so I can go again... I had a great time at both shows. Even though my shoulder is killing me from recording them... :lol:
It is what it is. I'd rather hear more new material, AND it's really just one of many things I don't understand about Paul's decision-making.
AGREED
ferkberger747
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ferkberger747 »

gshaller wrote:
ferkberger747 wrote:
gshaller wrote:

Just saying.
Good. It's too bad the band didn't respect their fans enough to do it on stage for them.
MovieDemon

Post by MovieDemon »

gshaller wrote:Look, people have every right to be pissed... myself included... about the setlist... AND it's not a reason (in my mind) to stop supporting the band.
Agreed.

I love Sonic Boom.

I loved the recent Nassau show.

BUT ...

I am baffled that KISS is only playing Modern Day Delilah. It makes no sense.
gshaller wrote:It is what it is. I'd rather hear more new material, AND it's really just one of many things I don't understand about Paul's decision-making.
It is a head-scratcher.
Acid Trip Massacre

MovieDemon wrote:
gshaller wrote:Look, people have every right to be pissed... myself included... about the setlist... AND it's not a reason (in my mind) to stop supporting the band.
Agreed.

I love Sonic Boom.

I loved the recent Nassau show.

BUT ...

I am baffled that KISS is only playing Modern Day Delilah. It makes no sense.

It's a big Kick In The Balls. When alot of us fans are getting Sonic Boom up the charts. Sad
ferkberger747
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ferkberger747 »

I'm not. I want them to be #1. They just don't deserve it.
DownNeckKiss

Post by DownNeckKiss »

gshaller wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:

Not really. The Beatles started the trend of bands recording music that couldn't be reproduced live. They were the 1st. KISS have no excuse, AND I refuse to stop enjoying what we have.
and this has what to do with KISS??

wheels are off brother...lol

keep going...it's funny watching ya grasp for straws in the dark.
ferkberger747
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ferkberger747 »

KISS aren't big enough to do that, Gary. They aren't the Beatles. They don't run on reputation alone. They have to get out and promote it. If they don't....some douche named Buble ends up at #1...
GlamMetalChild
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by GlamMetalChild »

I dont know what the fuck they are thinking... especially the money whore Gene. Right now... he would be puting the album art on a toliet.

KISS TOLIET
"MAKE YOUR OWN SONIC BOOM"
:lol: :lol:
Acid Trip Massacre

GlamMetalChild wrote:I dont know what the fuck they are thinking... especially the money whore Gene. Right now... he would be puting the album art on a toliet.

KISS TOLIET
"MAKE YOUR OWN SONIC BOOM"
:lol: :lol:
NICE :lol:
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

ferkberger747 wrote:
gshaller wrote:
ferkberger747 wrote:
gshaller wrote:

Just saying.
Good. It's too bad the band didn't respect their fans enough to do it on stage for them.
Meh. They were in a period of transition. It would have been a disaster. I'm talking about the last album they did with Waters before he left. There was no tour, and had there been one it would have been a mess.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

ferkberger747 wrote:
I'm not. I want them to be #1. They just don't deserve it.
I know what you mean, bro.