Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ferkberger747 »

gshaller wrote:
ferkberger747 wrote:
gshaller wrote:
ferkberger747 wrote:
gshaller wrote:
ferkberger747 wrote:I'll be honest...I'm getting sick and fucking tired of trying to be fucking positive about this bullshit. Honestly, KISS doesn't deserve to be #1. Album's been out a week, they refuse to play anything but the single and they don't have a video out for the single. Fuck it.
Pink Floyd have had top 10 albums where they've never played a single song live.

Just saying.
I like Pink Floyd...and they're fucking idiots for doing that. They didn't deserve #1 either and I pity their fans.
The album was outstanding.
Good. It's too bad the band didn't respect their fans enough to do it on stage for them.
Meh. They were in a period of transition. It would have been a disaster. I'm talking about the last album they did with Waters before he left. There was no tour, and had there been one it would have been a mess.
Oh...so what you're saying is that it's a completely different situation and has no merit in this conversation? :P
gshaller
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by gshaller »

DownNeckKiss wrote:
gshaller wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:
gshaller wrote:Albums can still be amazing even if a single note is never played live.

I don't remember the beatles announcing the "meet the beatles/sgt pepper tour"

the comparison doesn't work...very weak try.

lol... brother the wheels are coming off your whole operation here... hahahahahaha
Not really. The Beatles started the trend of bands recording music that couldn't be reproduced live. They were the 1st. KISS have no excuse, AND I refuse to stop enjoying what we have.
and this has what to do with KISS??
You figure it out.
keep going...it's funny watching ya grasp for straws in the dark.
Were you this negative back when you WERE a KISS fan?
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

ferkberger747 wrote:
gshaller wrote:
ferkberger747 wrote:
gshaller wrote:
ferkberger747 wrote:
gshaller wrote:
ferkberger747 wrote:I'll be honest...I'm getting sick and fucking tired of trying to be fucking positive about this bullshit. Honestly, KISS doesn't deserve to be #1. Album's been out a week, they refuse to play anything but the single and they don't have a video out for the single. Fuck it.
Pink Floyd have had top 10 albums where they've never played a single song live.

Just saying.
I like Pink Floyd...and they're fucking idiots for doing that. They didn't deserve #1 either and I pity their fans.
Good. It's too bad the band didn't respect their fans enough to do it on stage for them.
Meh. They were in a period of transition. It would have been a disaster. I'm talking about the last album they did with Waters before he left. There was no tour, and had there been one it would have been a mess.
Oh...so what you're saying is that it's a completely different situation and has no merit in this conversation? :P
Well 4 years later they toured and STILL didn't play a note of that album, so make what you will of it.

Now, I'm not saying KISS have any excuse, but I just chalk it up to yet another Paul Stanley decision that I don't understand.
ferkberger747
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ferkberger747 »

gshaller wrote:
ferkberger747 wrote:
gshaller wrote:
ferkberger747 wrote:
gshaller wrote:
ferkberger747 wrote:
gshaller wrote:

Just saying.
Well 4 years later they toured and STILL didn't play a note of that album, so make what you will of it.

Now, I'm not saying KISS have any excuse, but I just chalk it up to yet another Paul Stanley decision that I don't understand.
Well, 4 years later it's too late to translate the tour into album sales.

I don't get it either, bro.
G6O6A6T
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by G6O6A6T »

no KOTNW of ISYL.. they took out the two 'rare' ones on top of it all
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

Elder. COS. Unmasked. Solo albums.

There are albums I LOVE from which I've yet to hear a single note at any KISS concert I've ever attended.

"Sonic Boom" is icing on a cake. I never expected another KISS album. At LEAST we get one new track live. I want more, and I'll take what I can get.
DownNeckKiss
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by DownNeckKiss »

gshaller wrote:Elder. COS. Unmasked. Solo albums.

There are albums I LOVE from which I've yet to hear a single note at any KISS concert I've ever attended.

"Sonic Boom" is icing on a cake. I never expected another KISS album. At LEAST we get one new track live. I want more, and I'll take what I can get.
"take what I can get" is not a phrase a KISS fan utters

keep going bro... lol
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

DownNeckKiss wrote:

Sure it is.

Watch:

"I'll take what I can get."

See how that works?
DownNeckKiss

Post by DownNeckKiss »

gshaller wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:

Sure it is.

Watch:

See how that works?
wheels are off bro... lol
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

DownNeckKiss wrote:
gshaller wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:

Sure it is.

Watch:

See how that works?
Yes. Your wheels ARE off.

Anyway, back to the topic; KISS played a concert tonight.
GlamMetalChild
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by GlamMetalChild »

gshaller wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:
gshaller wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:

Sure it is.

Watch:

See how that works?
Yes. Your wheels ARE off.

Anyway, back to the topic; KISS played a concert tonight.
Did they???? I saw this set list 2 weeks ago.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

Right, and?
Skeeter
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Skeeter »

the set list 2 weeks ago had 20 songs, not 18.
Trance
Banned

re

Post by Trance »

They obviously recorded the album because Wal-Mart wrote them a check not because of the fans or because is at it's best, they never had any intention of playing anything except the single ... Paul's interview from September proves it, IMO.
bjd624
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by bjd624 »

just got bak... will post in depth review w/ pics tomorrow!
GlamMetalChild
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: re

Post by GlamMetalChild »

Trance wrote:They obviously recorded the album because Wal-Mart wrote them a check not because of the fans or because is at it's best, they never had any intention of playing anything except the single ... Paul's interview from September proves it, IMO.
I was thinking it was to shut the die-hards up. After hearing people complaining about it for 10 years, they just did it.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

Who cares why? Personally, I'm glad they made a good record.
GlamMetalChild
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by GlamMetalChild »

gshaller wrote:Who cares why? Personally, I'm glad they made a good record.
Im glad they made a fantastic record too... but what the point of making a record just to play one song? I want to hear songs off Sonic Boom live. Not a record made 34 years ago. They dont even play the full record.
Trance
Banned

rt

Post by Trance »

It doesn't really matter why they recorded it, money is a good incentive for anything but I don't want to hear that they did it for the fans and then only play one song, if the album sucked then it wouldn't matter but it's the best album since "Rock n Roll Over".
LiveToWin79
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by LiveToWin79 »

gshaller wrote:Personally, I'm glad they made an awesome record.
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

Just walked in the door from the show. Very solid showing. I think better than the last time they toured the US for RTN. I'll give a more detailed description later. Must go to sleep if I'm going to make it into work in the morning.
KISSman24
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSman24 »

Just got back from the show... well actually, from eating a Philly cheesesteak after the show... but man, was that a great concert!!!! 8)

The place was about 90% filled which was great to see!

I've avoided watching YouTube footage as well as even looking as a setlist from the US tour in an effort to keep some amount of surprise and it definitely paid off for me. I really liked the fact that they just didn't play Alive! straight through as they did at the prior Alive 35 tours.

The band just sounded top notch tonight. I was quite happy with Paul's voice tonight as well. I had read about how 'horrible' Paul's voice was on this tour so I was expecting the worst. Personally, I thought it sounded better tonight than it did on any of the recordings I've heard from the European and South American shows.

Everyone I was with was just blown away by Eric's playing. For some of them, it was their first time seeing Eric and he made quite an impression on them. Personally, I thought his solo was really amazing and was so happy that it was a legitimate length solo.

I was also really impressed with Tommy's stage presence on this tour. He just seems so comfortable now and his playing was great.

As for Gene, I thought his updated blood-spitting performance was exactly what I've been wanting from him for ages! The new spotlight/bell thing he does is creepy-cool and the whole bit seems a lot more inspired than prior tours.

Other than when I was lucky enough to see them in 2006 in California, that was probably my favorite KISS show since New Years Eve 1996/97. This show really kicked my ass and the crowd tonight was awesome!

God, I love this band. :D
drgbootz
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by drgbootz »

KISSman24 wrote:Just got back from the show... well actually, from eating a Philly cheesesteak after the show... but man, was that a great concert!!!! 8)

I've avoided watching YouTube footage as well as even looking as a setlist from the US tour in an effort to keep some amount of surprise and it definitely paid off for me. I really liked the fact that they just didn't play Alive! straight through as they did at the prior Alive 35 tours.

The band just sounded top notch tonight. I was quite happy with Paul's voice tonight as well. I had read about how 'horrible' Paul's voice was on this tour so I was expecting the worst. Personally, I thought it sounded better tonight than it did on any of the recordings I've heard from the European and South American shows.

Everyone I was with was just blown away by Eric's playing. For some of them, it was their first time seeing Eric and he made quite an impression on them. Personally, I thought his solo was really amazing and was so happy that it was a legitimate length solo.

I was also really impressed with Tommy's stage presence on this tour. He just seems so comfortable now and his playing was great.

As for Gene, I thought his updated blood-spitting performance was exactly what I've been wanting from him for ages! The new spotlight/bell thing he does is creepy-cool and the whole bit seems a lot more inspired than prior tours.

Other than when I was lucky enough to see them in 2006 in California, that was probably my favorite KISS show since New Years Eve 1996/97. This show really kicked my ass and the crowd tonight was awesome!

Great to read your review and news of another healthy crowd is great news too.
KISSman24
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSman24 »

drgbootz wrote:
KISSman24 wrote:Just got back from the show... well actually, from eating a Philly cheesesteak after the show... but man, was that a great concert!!!! 8)

Yes, I was really happy with the turnout tonight in Philly! Here is actually a shot of the back of the audience with my crappy phone cam. The majority of the remaining seats were up the top in the back.

Also, to answer a question I posted a day ago on the forum, you can in fact buy a USB concert wristband at the show as well as the CD -- which is the format I wanted and got at tonight's show. 8)
Attachments
PhillyBackArena.jpg
PhillyBackArena.jpg (170.41 KiB) Viewed 3313 times
DarknessWillFall413
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by DarknessWillFall413 »

As I mentioned in the other Philly thread, Paul sounded the
best he has on the tour so far and they were all in great spirits
backstage. (They also dabbled with a few Boom tunes at sound
check. "Danger Us", "Never Enough", and "Russian Roulette".)
We were also blown away by the turnout. The place was close
to packed.

Going to DC tonight as well.
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

KISSman24 wrote:
drgbootz wrote:

Yes, I was really happy with the turnout tonight in Philly! Here is actually a shot of the back of the audience with my crappy phone cam. The majority of the remaining seats were up the top in the back.

Also, to answer a question I posted a day ago on the forum, you can in fact buy a USB concert wristband at the show as well as the CD -- which is the format I wanted and got at tonight's show. 8)
Excellent love the boy looking the opposite way to everyone else l :lol:
sunday driver
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by sunday driver »

I just got back from the show. I didn't really have any intention of getting online and posting a review tonight, but since the Mountain Dew from the ride home hasn't worn off yet, I'll give it a try.
We got to the arena around 6:30 and we were able to park 10 feet from the door. I was very worried about the turnout at that point. I was worried for nothing. The place was packed. It was not a sell-out as Paul announced on stage, but I doubt there were more than 1000 empty seats.
Paul's voice was ok. It wasn't nearly as bad as people were posting here, but he also isn't Paul Stanley from 10 years ago, either. He can't do the screams as well as he used to. I will say that if you really weren't looking for problems with his voice, you wouldn't notice it. Maybe his voice is getting better as the tour rolls on?
I don't know what else to say about the setlist that hasn't already been said. I would have liked to hear a couple more songs from SB. I would have also liked a setlist that was more representative of their entire career. I think it's absolutely criminal that they don't play a single song from Rock and Roll Over. That being said, it was nice to hear Got To Choose, Parasite and C'mon and Love Me.
Gene was fine. He played well and sang well and I don't believe he forgot any of the words. Surprisingly, during I Love It Loud, he no longer sings the Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh Yeah part. That's now being handled by Eric. I don't know if that's something new or not, but I've never seen or heard it before.
Tommy is interesting. He plays Ace's parts note for note. The problem is he's not Ace. He doesn't have the stage presence of Ace. He really comes off as what he is, a tribute band Ace. I don't have any problem with him personally and I think he's probably being told exactly what to do. It just doesn't work. If they want Ace that bad, then they should re-hire Ace into the band. If they want Tommy in the band, then let him do his thing his way. You just can't have someone else in Ace's make-up and outfit standing there playing Beethoven's fifth and shooting out lighting rigs during the guitar solo.
I also think 100,000 years needs to either be done differently or dropped. The nonsense that goes on after the drum solo with Tommy and Paul is almost unwatchable and unlistenable. It's a waste of time and a crowd killer.
I've been a Kiss fan for as long as I can remember. I've seen them 20 times since 1986. I've seen and heard just about every available bootleg. I'm saying this because that makes the Kiss concert experience is different for me. I'm going to find the little things that bother me. The truth is, though, that it's a really entertaining show. They are always going to be my favorite band. They are one of the few bands I can go to see where I can scream every single lyric. They do their best to appeal to as many people as possible, and of course that's going to mean that just about everyone finds something they would have done differently. At the end of the night, however, there were 18,000 fans leaving the building saying they had a great time. That's all that really matters. I hope everyone that's still going to see them has as good of a time as I had.
Sam T Serpent

Post by Sam T Serpent »

how many times have you seen KISS or this tour?? i remember you saying this will be your first KISS concert.. if thats the case why are you worried about the apparently Same ol' setlist?? everything will be all new to you.
Spirit
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Spirit »

gshaller wrote:
skulljam9 wrote:I totally agree about enjoying what we have.... I just saw them twice in a week and I'm hoping they come back soon so I can go again... I had a great time at both shows. Even though my shoulder is killing me from recording them... :lol:
It is what it is. I'd rather hear more new material, AND it's really just one of many things I don't understand about Paul's decision-making.
Gene has no say in this? not likely. You blame Paul three times in this thread alone.
LoveGuns

Post by LoveGuns »

KISSman24 wrote:
drgbootz wrote:

damn you were close!

And I agree that Eric's solo was one of the highlights of the show.
cwr18

Post by cwr18 »

DarknessWillFall413 wrote:As I mentioned in the other Philly thread, Paul sounded the best he has on the tour so far and they were all in great spirits backstage. (They also dabbled with a few Boom tunes at sound
:?:
bartokomous
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by bartokomous »

Spirit wrote:
gshaller wrote:
skulljam9 wrote:I totally agree about enjoying what we have.... I just saw them twice in a week and I'm hoping they come back soon so I can go again... I had a great time at both shows. Even though my shoulder is killing me from recording them... :lol:
It is what it is. I'd rather hear more new material, AND it's really just one of many things I don't understand about Paul's decision-making.
Gene has no say in this? not likely. You blame Paul three times in this thread alone.
Blaming Paul for KISS not bringing anything else other than MDD from SB, because Gene is to lazy to memorize the lyrics of his own new songs makes perfect sense to me! :D
Paulstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Man what a buncha whiners

Post by Paulstar »

WHAT A BUNCHA WHINERS........LOL :cry:

...Bottom line is ALLL THE WORLD ISNT WATCHIN KISS LIKe a hawk does roadkill!! :D

NOONE IN U.S. HAS SEEN KISS ALIVE/35. iTS NOT KISS' fault that a selected group study every move....and the rest of the world wants to here ALIVE as promised.Anyone here thats in a band knows it takes a few to NAIL a song live. Id hate to hear any SHITTY VERSION of Boom songs.

THEY WILL PLAY BOOM.... be patient..... :idea:
drdelaware
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by drdelaware »

Amazed at the turnout last night. Almost full capacity. Wachovia Center is huge and one of the ushers said the walk up sales at the door were incredible.
RisingForce

Re: Man what a buncha whiners

Post by RisingForce »

Paulstar wrote:
....and the rest of the world wants to here ALIVE as promised.
If that's what the rest of the world wants.......then they'll be disappointed too since a nice chunk of Alive (25% of it) has been removed from the set.
db99
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by db99 »

Ramdom thoughts from last night:

- Buckcherry - OK opener. One of the guitar players obviously loves the Angus Young...

- As somebody posted earlier, looked like maybe 1000 or so empty seats. I'll be curious to see an official attendance number.

- Paul's voice was fine. Its not what it once was and it never will be again. The double-foot jump getting all of two feet of air was over done.

- Everyone else in the band played well and they sounded great.

- Set list - We've beaten that to death already. I agree that something needs to be done with the whole 100,000 Years thing with it dragging on. I love that tune, but it does drag the show down and more importantly, kills time where you could fit in another song or two.

Overall, I really enjoyed the show. I think as die hard fans, we all want more the from the set list perspective, but that aside, I find it hard to complain about the performance from this line up.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

Spirit wrote:
gshaller wrote:
I post what I know.
rlivo
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by rlivo »

DarknessWillFall413 wrote:As I mentioned in the other Philly thread, Paul sounded the
best he has on the tour so far and they were all in great spirits
backstage. (They also dabbled with a few Boom tunes at sound
We were also blown away by the turnout. The place was close
to packed.

Going to DC tonight as well.
Ditto. I have pics and a full review coming soon. Paul sounded fucking killer for most of the show. His voice was the BEST so far on this tour. I was in Detroit for Cobo and it is a marked improvement in his singing. Great to hear and you can clearly see he is much happier and more confident. He seemed to be having way more fun in Philly than he was in Detroit.
ferkberger747
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ferkberger747 »

Sam T Serpent wrote:

how many times have you seen KISS or this tour?? i remember you saying this will be your first KISS concert.. if thats the case why are you worried about the apparently Same ol' setlist?? everything will be all new to you.
It will be my first time at a KISS show, but I own nearly 200 on DVD. I'm not saying that I won't have a great time. I know I will. I'm just saying that this setlist is ridiculous.
Beauvoir
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Beauvoir »

gshaller wrote: Pink Floyd have had top 10 albums where they've never played a single song live.

Just saying.
They also have a few albums where they played the entire thing live in order!