US "Alive 35" Show 10: 10/10/09 - MSG.NYC

DownNeckKiss
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by DownNeckKiss »

gshaller wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:
gshaller wrote:I just spoke with my brother who saw the concert tonight at MSG. He said it was GREAT. Paul's voice, while rough in spots, held up well overall. Gene was in top form. Most of all, he said the chemistry between band members was fantastic. At one point, Paul jumped onto Gene's back. He said the setlist felt satisfying because it consisted of songs they haven't played in the States for some time. He said it was a great night for KISS at the Garden.
I got plenty of friends who went...one called me leaving the garden and said..."Bro you are lucky you didn't see this, they didn't play anything off sonic boom and the crowd was as lame as the set. This was the worst Kiss show ever"

that dude saw every show since asylum

he also said "we want Ace chants we heard at several times during the show."

plenty of my KISS friends who went will be returing... one friend said "wait till my review on the faq."

I'm so glad I didn't pay the money :)
So your friends hate KISS and make stuff up about them too?

It's cool to have stuff in common with your friends.
no that dude who called me payed close to 200 bucks a piece for his tickets for him and his girl...bought SB the day it came out, we argue all the time... He actually sounds like you all the time. I was floored to hear his call. first time I've heard him negative about KISS.

nice try
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

DownNeckKiss wrote:
gshaller wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:
gshaller wrote:I just spoke with my brother who saw the concert tonight at MSG. He said it was GREAT. Paul's voice, while rough in spots, held up well overall. Gene was in top form. Most of all, he said the chemistry between band members was fantastic. At one point, Paul jumped onto Gene's back. He said the setlist felt satisfying because it consisted of songs they haven't played in the States for some time. He said it was a great night for KISS at the Garden.
I got plenty of friends who went...one called me leaving the garden and said..."Bro you are lucky you didn't see this, they didn't play anything off sonic boom and the crowd was as lame as the set. This was the worst Kiss show ever"

plenty of my KISS friends who went will be returing... one friend said "wait till my review on the faq."

no that dude who called me payed close to 200 bucks a piece for his tickets for him and his girl...bought SB the day it came out, we argue all the time... He actually sounds like you all the time. I was floored to hear his call. first time I've heard him negative about KISS.

nice try
Spirit
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by Spirit »

scotty971 wrote:I'm seeing them in Philly on Monday. I have to say how disappointed I am in this set list.

I can't believe they now dropped "I Stole Your Love" and "King Of The Night Time World" already! I also can't believe they dropped "Watchin' You"

Please play something additional off Sonic Boom!

I wish I knew the set before I bought the tickets for pretty much the same exact show for the past 13 years with the exception of MDD!

I wouldn't have bothered.
Oh but they MIGHT change the list and rearrange the songs.

The anticipation is what you are paying all of that money for.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

Spirit wrote:
scotty971 wrote:I'm seeing them in Philly on Monday. I have to say how disappointed I am in this set list.

I can't believe they now dropped "I Stole Your Love" and "King Of The Night Time World" already! I also can't believe they dropped "Watchin' You"

I wish I knew the set before I bought the tickets for pretty much the same exact show for the past 13 years with the exception of MDD!

Interesting.
Folks complain when the setlist is the same every night.
Now they're complaining because it isn't.
vv
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by vv »

Just back from the show. It was great, Paul sounded pretty solid most of the night. The band was very tight. Cheers to all the FAQ'ers I met there.
DownNeckKiss

Post by DownNeckKiss »

gshaller wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:
gshaller wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:

nice try
no they don't.

he bought SB the day it came out and payed 200 a ticket...that sounds like a die hard....you just hate when diehards have an opinion that's not flattering... at least my friends are real that call me from the show and I don't have to make up pretend friends like someone else does.

pretend friends that make pretend calls defending KISS
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

gshaller wrote:
Spirit wrote:

Interesting.
:lol: :lol:

Why would anyone complain about a setlist with the two newest songs added pulled out, and now totalling only 18 songs?
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

DownNeckKiss wrote:
gshaller wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:
gshaller wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:

nice try
no they don't.

he bought SB the day it came out and payed 200 a ticket...that sounds like a die hard....you just hate when diehards have an opinion that's not flattering... at least my friends are real that call me from the show and I don't have to make up pretend friends like someone else does.

gshaller

Post by gshaller »

Spirit wrote:
gshaller wrote:
Spirit wrote:

Interesting.

Why would anyone complain about a setlist with the two newest songs added pulled out, and now totalling only 18 songs?
I don't know. Why would anyone go on a message board and make the same complaints about the same issues for 7 years in a row?
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

vv wrote:Just back from the show. It was great, Paul sounded pretty solid most of the night. The band was very tight. Cheers to all the FAQ'ers I met there.
Cool. 8)
scotty971
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty971 »

gshaller wrote:
Spirit wrote:

Interesting.

I'm just totally disappointed. I expected something different in regards to their set list for this tour. No disrespect to any one on this board, but I don't think any Kiss fan can defend this set list. Just my opinion.

To clarify - I love Kiss, their awesome fans and this incredible site!
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

scotty971 wrote:
gshaller wrote:
Spirit wrote:

Interesting.

I'm just totally disappointed.
I'm disappointed, too. I can't think of any other time KISS toured for a new album and played fewer than 3 songs.
I expected something different in regards to their set list for this tour. No disrespect to any one on this board, but I don't think any Kiss fan can defend this set list. Just my opinion.

I understand, and I don't think it's something that can be "defended." It just is what it is, and the band is still great.
DownNeckKiss

Post by DownNeckKiss »

scotty971 wrote:
gshaller wrote:
Spirit wrote:

Interesting.

I'm just totally disappointed. I expected something different in regards to their set list for this tour. No disrespect to any one on this board, but I don't think any Kiss fan can defend this set list. Just my opinion.

cool 8)

I love the faq too
scotty971
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty971 »

DownNeckKiss wrote:
scotty971 wrote:
gshaller wrote:
Spirit wrote:

Interesting.

cool 8)

I love the faq too

Absolutely! I love all the passion for Kiss and the the unique perspectives of the great fans who post on this board. Great stuff!
djfrance
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by djfrance »

Makes zero sense that they are still not playing at least three new tracks.

On the Psycho Circus tour they did the title track, Within and Into the Void when I saw them.
thewhip
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by thewhip »

gshaller wrote:
Spirit wrote:
gshaller wrote:
Spirit wrote:

Interesting.

I don't know. Why would anyone go on a message board and make the same complaints about the same issues for 7 years in a row?
If Kiss won't change, why should the complaints change?
DownNeckKiss

Post by DownNeckKiss »

djfrance wrote:Makes zero sense that they are still not playing at least three new tracks.

On the Psycho Circus tour they did the title track, Within and Into the Void when I saw them.
perhaps they recorded an album they can't play live..... are a lazy band that doesn't wanna add 2 songs from the album... don't really like SB... or could give 2 shits.... who knows....

I know paul asked "what would we take out?"... they already took out 5 songs as i said in another post.
saintsinner2007

Post by saintsinner2007 »

Just back back from the show with a buddy of mine. I didn't tell my buddy about the fact that Paul's voice has been so so at best over the past few weeks. About 1/2 hour into the show he says to me "For a 60 year old Paul still sounds GREAT". This from someone who has seen KISS 10 - 15 times. He was right, Paul did sound pretty good tonight.

The set list..... glad I knew going in they were only doing one SB song. I did miss ISYL, but I was happy to hear the following:

Hotter Than Hell: 1st time I have seen in live since 92
C'mon and Love Me: 1st time since 96
Parasite: I've seen KISS 30+ times, only the third time I have seen this song.
Strutter: Classic I have seen only once since 96.

Sure I wished they did All American Man, Room Service, Mr. Speed, etc... but truth is, they still put on a really fun show, and the classic songs really are great songs!

Now for the bad: 100,00 Years. Geez. I like this song, but between the drum solo, and the drawn out part afterward it brought the show to a complete stand still. I think this went on for 10 -15 min (between the solo and the fan / band interaction right after it) Everyone in my section began to sit down and lose interest for a bit (by the way no one sat down any other time, even during MDD). It was during this time that I started thinking, damn they could be playing any other song during this time instead of this crap). It took a few songs for me to get back into the show, although I was never quite into as much after that point.

But, overall it was a good time. We don't know how many more years KISS will be around, and once they are gone we will be wishing for the shows with Love Gun, DRC, RNR All Nite, etc....

I thought once Ace & Peter were gone, I'd never go see KISS again. Glad I changed my mind. The band is good, and it is still a fun night out. In the end, that is all that matters :)
Trout_Player

Post by Trout_Player »

All day at work I thought about the blast people must have had tonight. I can't wait to see a couple photos from FAQ members who attended tonights show.
Trout_Player

Post by Trout_Player »

saintsinner2007 wrote:Just back back from the show with a buddy of mine. I didn't tell my buddy about the fact that Paul's voice has been so so at best over the past few weeks. About 1/2 hour into the show he says to me "For a 60 year old Paul still sounds GREAT". This from someone who has seen KISS 10 - 15 times. He was right, Paul did sound pretty good tonight.

The set list..... glad I knew going in they were only doing one SB song. I did miss ISYL, but I was happy to hear the following:

Sure I wished they did All American Man, Room Service, Mr. Speed, etc... but truth is, they still put on a really fun show, and the classic songs really are great songs!

Now for the bad: 100,00 Years. Geez. I like this song, but between the drum solo, and the drawn out part afterward it brought the show to a complete stand still. I think this went on for 10 -15 min (between the solo and the fan / band interaction right after it) Everyone in my section began to sit down and lose interest for a bit (by the way no one sat down any other time, even during MDD). It was during this time that I started thinking, damn they could be playing any other song during this time instead of this crap). It took a few songs for me to get back into the show, although I was never quite into as much after that point.

But, overall it was a good time. We don't know how many more years KISS will be around, and once they are gone we will be wishing for the shows with Love Gun, DRC, RNR All Nite, etc....

I thought once Ace & Peter were gone, I'd never go see KISS again. Glad I changed my mind. The band is good, and it is still a fun night out. In the end, that is all that matters :)
NO NO NO!! YOU CAN'T HAVE A GOOD TIME YOU SEE?! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE MISERABLE! HEAR ME? MISERABLE!!!!!!!

Kidding! I'm glad you dug it! Sounds like good times were had by all.
Trance

re

Post by Trance »

Why would he put "Strutter" back in the set when he can't sing it?
Trance

re

Post by Trance »

"MDD" sounded ok tonight.
saintsinner2007

Re: re

Trance wrote:Why would he put "Strutter" back in the set when he can't sing it?
I thought he sounded good tonight when he sang it. I had no problem hearing it tonight!
saintsinner2007

Trout_Player wrote:
saintsinner2007 wrote:Just back back from the show with a buddy of mine. I didn't tell my buddy about the fact that Paul's voice has been so so at best over the past few weeks. About 1/2 hour into the show he says to me "For a 60 year old Paul still sounds GREAT". This from someone who has seen KISS 10 - 15 times. He was right, Paul did sound pretty good tonight.

NO NO NO!! YOU CAN'T HAVE A GOOD TIME YOU SEE?! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE MISERABLE! HEAR ME? MISERABLE!!!!!!!

Kidding! I'm glad you dug it! Sounds like good times were had by all.
Yeah, it was a good time. I think some of us get caught up in what we as die-hards want, that we sometimes forget KISS at 80% is still better than nearly any other concert you can go to.

Truth is, had I not been reading the set lists online I would have thought the set list was pretty refreshing. Like I posted there were a handful of songs I have not seen them do in years. It's my own fault I knew what songs were coming next (lol)
Trout_Player

Post by Trout_Player »

Even though in the back of my head I know whats coming, I still get excited if Paul will say something like "This song's called Hotter Than Hell!" I'll still lose my shit. Theres something about being there that adds all the excitement in the world to it. It's a world of difference from sitting there with your clipboard going "Paul didn't hit that note. Tommy missed this. Gene flubbed that" It's nonsense to do while being in the audience for such an event. Because it is an EVENT. Not every day routine life. It's KISS! Not your boring job or annoying friend. It's time well spent.
bigdaddyb

Post by bigdaddyb »

While Paul's voice was on and Gene was in more of demon mode than I've seen in ages I too am overly bored with this setlist. They just swapped a few songs around but its the same stuff since 08. I got excited when I Stole Your Love was added but that was dropped tonight for Strutter I guess.

I'm happy for Eric to have finally gotten to play MSG the first time in his career.

Show/Stage 7
Setlist 5
Vibe/Crowd 6.5/7
saintsinner2007

bigdaddyb wrote:While Paul's voice was on and Gene was in more of demon mode than I've seen in ages I too am overly bored with this setlist. They just swapped a few songs around but its the same stuff since 08. I got excited when I Stole Your Love was added but that was dropped tonight for Strutter I guess.

I'm happy for Eric to have finally gotten to play MSG the first time in his career.

Show/Stage 7
Setlist 5
Vibe/Crowd 6.5/7
I agree it is basically the same set as they have done since '08. But since I had not seen them since '04, I didn't care. Truth is, it was a much different set then when I saw them last. It is my fault I know every damn set list from the past two years (lol)
bigdaddyb

Post by bigdaddyb »

saintsinner2007 wrote:
bigdaddyb wrote:While Paul's voice was on and Gene was in more of demon mode than I've seen in ages I too am overly bored with this setlist. They just swapped a few songs around but its the same stuff since 08. I got excited when I Stole Your Love was added but that was dropped tonight for Strutter I guess.

Show/Stage 7
Setlist 5
Vibe/Crowd 6.5/7
I agree it is basically the same set as they have done since '08. But since I had not seen them since '04, I didn't care. Truth is, it was a much different set then when I saw them last. It is my fault I know every damn set list from the past two years (lol)
with this lineup I'm sorry but there's no reason why they don't play other songs
they can't use the Ace and Peter can't play it excuse anymore
LiveToWin79
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by LiveToWin79 »

vv wrote:Just back from the show. It was great, Paul sounded pretty solid most of the night. The band was very tight. Cheers to all the FAQ'ers I met there.
It was great to meet you, VV. :)

Musically, it wasn't the best show I've seen... but as far as overall vibes, this show was pretty much at the top of the card.

And PAUL STANLEY FLEW RIGHT OVER MY FUCKING HEAD!!! Wait til you guys see the video I took. 8)
saintsinner2007

bigdaddyb wrote:
saintsinner2007 wrote:

Show/Stage 7
Setlist 5
Vibe/Crowd 6.5/7
with this lineup I'm sorry but there's no reason why they don't play other songs
they can't use the Ace and Peter can't play it excuse anymore
I agree with you 100%, and if they come back next year and are doing the same set, I will not go. But I don't care if they play this set tomorrow in Philly, next week and Florida and next month in California. For those cities, the show will be new since the last time they toured in the US the set list was much different.

Since Tommy and Eric are in the lineup now I expect next year the set list will be different.
Just_Lee

Post by Just_Lee »

DownNeckKiss wrote:

Ok I have an opinion on this post. Complete bullshit. I don't believe a word you posted. There you go......
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

DownNeckKiss wrote: I got plenty of friends who went...one called me leaving the garden and said..."Bro you are lucky you didn't see this, they didn't play anything off sonic boom and the crowd was as lame as the set. This was the worst Kiss show ever"

If you're talking about lame sets, it actually doesn't get worse than Asylum and Crazy Nights.

I'm not thrilled about the setlist, but I think its god-like compared to those shows in the mid to late 1980s in terms of the songs chosen.
Just_Lee

Post by Just_Lee »

DownNeckKiss wrote:
gshaller wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:
gshaller wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:

nice try
no they don't.

For fuck's sake dude...put down the crackpipe.
chiromannj
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by chiromannj »

its refreshing actually to hear got to choose live and hotter then hell. i know back during the aerosmith tour, we all would of killed to hear more Kiss alive in the set
Trance

re

Post by Trance »

WTF Paul sounded VERY good on "Strutter"!
Just_Lee

Post by Just_Lee »

DownNeckKiss wrote:
Just_Lee wrote:
Marie wrote:
Sam T Serpent wrote:
dannyelectro wrote:what was the attendance?
Sold Out.. MSG its around 16k i think
No it wasn't.

Oct 1 - Floor seats still availaible :
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c366/ ... 2009-1.jpg
Other seats still available around the arena :
Oct 7
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c366/ ... ct1020.jpg
Oct 8
Oct 9
Couldn't wait to get that post out there huh?

:lol:
do you have any opinion???... or do you just attack people's opinions??

this is a genuine question... Marie presented facts.

do you really think she gets joy out of this???
Who's attacking opinions??? Like you said she presented facts. But I didn't see a genuine question.

And yes I think she does get joy out of it. Did I leave anything out?
LiveToWin79
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by LiveToWin79 »

I actually thought Paul sounded really good for the most part... there were still a few parts that were tough to listen to, but it wasn't horrifically bad in my opinion.
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

LIke I said in another thread, I bitch about the setlist a lot. However, if people are happy and having a lot of fun that's all that really matters.

Glad you enjoyed the show.
DownNeckKiss

Post by DownNeckKiss »

Just_Lee wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:
Just_Lee wrote:
Marie wrote:
Sam T Serpent wrote:
No it wasn't.

Oct 7
Oct 8
Oct 9

Who's attacking opinions??? Like you said she presented facts. But I didn't see a genuine question.

other then the fact your are obsessed with every post i make.... KISS played a lame ass set...kiss can't and wont play any new songs of this supposed great album they just put out, your only defense is calling people you don't like Liars and you cry about anyone who says anything negative about KISS..... ya left all that out....oh yeah...and tonight, thayer shot one of the lights out with a rocket..it was scary, it wasn't supposed to happen.

even Kiss knows the songs off sonic boom aren't good enough to play live ..it was just a cash grab from walmart and they needed 12 bon jovi songs to do it...

there..i covered it all for you :)
chiromannj
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by chiromannj »

refreshing to hear KISS isnt a band like Bon Jovi, Bruce, Madonna who tell use who we should vote for or donate money too. im so glad paul made that point tonight and KISS doesnt stand on any soap box
vv
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by vv »

LiveToWin79 wrote:
It was great to meet you, VV. :)

Musically, it wasn't the best show I've seen... but as far as overall vibes, this show was pretty much at the top of the card.

And PAUL STANLEY FLEW RIGHT OVER MY FUCKING HEAD!!! Wait til you guys see the video I took. 8)
i videoed that one too. his boot was about 8 inches from my face!! section 6 was great.
LiveToWin79
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by LiveToWin79 »

Just_Lee

Post by Just_Lee »

DownNeckKiss wrote:
Just_Lee wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:
Just_Lee wrote:
Marie wrote:
Sam T Serpent wrote:
No it wasn't.

Oct 7
Oct 8
Oct 9

other then the fact your are obsessed with every post i make.... KISS played a lame ass set...kiss can't and wont play any new songs of this supposed great album they just put out, your only defense is calling people you don't like Liars and you cry about anyone who says anything negative about KISS..... ya left all that out....oh yeah...and tonight, thayer shot one of the lights out with a rocket..it was scary, it wasn't supposed to happen.

even Kiss knows the songs off sonic boom aren't good enough to play live ..it was just a cash grab from walmart and they needed 12 bon jovi songs to do it...

there..i covered it all for you :)
LOL. You are a funny, funny guy downupstair.....funny.
rumblechris
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by rumblechris »

DownNeckKiss wrote:

Wow, I've heard twelve your olds make up better stories than this. Pathetic dude
DownNeckKiss

Post by DownNeckKiss »

rumblechris wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:

Wow, I've heard twelve your olds make up better stories than this. Pathetic dude
I never heard a twelve your old... i know ya don't like me...but why insult the twelve your olds too?

that's kinda pathetic too,,... nooo?...... by the way..my other friend came home and posted his review on here.... he liked the show and had a good time from what I see...which is kewl :)
Evo999

Post by Evo999 »

Just_Lee wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:
Just_Lee wrote:
Marie wrote:
Sam T Serpent wrote:
No it wasn't.

Oct 7
Oct 8
Oct 9

Why in the hell would anyone who wasn't at the show take the time to do some research to show that some who was actually there was lying when they said it was sold ourt. All you have to do is look at the pics to see that there was a huge crowd there. So what if it was 98%.

BTW there was an estimated walk up crowd of 2,500 in Boston so none of those would be included.

Why people are so happy to try and see this band fail is beyond me.
Trance

r

Post by Trance »

Paul sounded really good tonight from what I've seen on YouTube.
rumblechris
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by rumblechris »

DownNeckKiss wrote:
rumblechris wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:

I never heard a twelve your old... i know ya don't like me...but why insult the twelve your olds too?

that's kinda pathetic too,,... nooo?......
No. Just your pathetic interpretation of my post.
Curveboy

Post by Curveboy »

Unreal...easily in my top 5 best KISS shows I've seen. The band was on FIRE, taking away the terrible memory of the Reunion MSG show I saw (OK, the Psycho Circus show was good).

How anyone can call them a "rock n roll" band is beyond me. It was one of the heaviest shows I've ever seen them do!

Oh, Paul's voice was GREAT over-all. He seemed to be taking it easy during background vocals...now if only he'd shut up between songs maybe his voice would recover a bit more.

Highlights: Strutter, Modern Day Delilah, Parasite, 100,000 Years
Lowlights: Cold Gin, no I Stole Your Love

My first time seeing Tommy with the band and man, I have to tell you the guy gives 110%, just a great player.

I think they should drop Cold Gin, which is really a boring, plodding song that only really sounded good with Carr and Vincent and maybe play one more new song (Say Yeah or All For The Glory would be killer live) or at least replace it with Watchin' You. Oh, and Gene spitting blood and then singing I Love It Loud was just strange...you need a "God of Thunder" type song when he's done with that...or maybe throw in at least one obscure song like X-Ray Eyes or something...

The shock of the night for me was how good Rock N Roll All Nite and Lick It Up were considering how sick I am of both songs. They dropped more confetti than I've ever seen during the former, and threw in some Who licks during the latter. Fun stuff.

Thanks Gene, Paul, Eric and Tommy for an incredible night I won't soon forget.
Curveboy

Re: re

Post by Curveboy »

Trance wrote:WTF Paul sounded VERY good on "Strutter"!
Yes, he seemed to go back to his lower register ala Alive and it worked great.