US "Alive 35" Show 10: 10/10/09 - MSG.NYC

fiyrhousemike
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by fiyrhousemike »

DownNeckKiss wrote:
gshaller wrote:I just spoke with my brother who saw the concert tonight at MSG. He said it was GREAT. Paul's voice, while rough in spots, held up well overall. Gene was in top form. Most of all, he said the chemistry between band members was fantastic. At one point, Paul jumped onto Gene's back. He said the setlist felt satisfying because it consisted of songs they haven't played in the States for some time. He said it was a great night for KISS at the Garden.
I got plenty of friends who went...one called me leaving the garden and said..."Bro you are lucky you didn't see this, they didn't play anything off sonic boom and the crowd was as lame as the set. This was the worst Kiss show ever"

that dude saw every show since asylum

he also said "we want Ace chants we heard at several times during the show."

plenty of my KISS friends who went will be returing... one friend said "wait till my review on the faq."

I'm so glad I didn't pay the money :)
You're friends were obviously smoking crack.
bigdaddyb
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by bigdaddyb »

saintsinner2007 wrote:
bigdaddyb wrote:
saintsinner2007 wrote:
bigdaddyb wrote:While Paul's voice was on and Gene was in more of demon mode than I've seen in ages I too am overly bored with this setlist. They just swapped a few songs around but its the same stuff since 08. I got excited when I Stole Your Love was added but that was dropped tonight for Strutter I guess.

I'm happy for Eric to have finally gotten to play MSG the first time in his career.

Show/Stage 7
Setlist 5
Vibe/Crowd 6.5/7
I agree it is basically the same set as they have done since '08. But since I had not seen them since '04, I didn't care. Truth is, it was a much different set then when I saw them last. It is my fault I know every damn set list from the past two years (lol)
with this lineup I'm sorry but there's no reason why they don't play other songs
they can't use the Ace and Peter can't play it excuse anymore
I agree with you 100%, and if they come back next year and are doing the same set, I will not go. But I don't care if they play this set tomorrow in Philly, next week and Florida and next month in California. For those cities, the show will be new since the last time they toured in the US the set list was much different.

Since Tommy and Eric are in the lineup now I expect next year the set list will be different.
someone posted here they s/w Doc Mcghee and they are supposedly getting "ready" to change the set up a bit.
too late for those of us broke Kiss fans who most are in a bind hoping to escape and see a new show, new songs and not the same old stuff but I digress.
ferkberger747
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ferkberger747 »

I can't believe they dropped ISYL and KOTNTW. 2 of 3 songs that are half way NOT played out in the last few years...and they fucking drop them. Hopefully they're just "changing it up". If they're not....that's lame.
Whttiger5477
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Whttiger5477 »

I wonder how many screen names Peter Criss and Vinnie Vincent have on FAQ
gshaller
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by gshaller »

thewhip wrote:
gshaller wrote:Why would anyone go on a message board and make the same complaints about the same issues for 7 years in a row?
If Kiss won't change, why should the complaints change?
Albert Einstein once said “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

DownNeckKiss wrote:
rumblechris wrote:
DownNeckKiss wrote:
gshaller wrote:I just spoke with my brother who saw the concert tonight at MSG. He said it was GREAT. Paul's voice, while rough in spots, held up well overall. Gene was in top form. Most of all, he said the chemistry between band members was fantastic. At one point, Paul jumped onto Gene's back. He said the setlist felt satisfying because it consisted of songs they haven't played in the States for some time. He said it was a great night for KISS at the Garden.
I got plenty of friends who went...one called me leaving the garden and said..."Bro you are lucky you didn't see this, they didn't play anything off sonic boom and the crowd was as lame as the set. This was the worst Kiss show ever"

that dude saw every show since asylum

he also said "we want Ace chants we heard at several times during the show."

plenty of my KISS friends who went will be returing... one friend said "wait till my review on the faq."

I'm so glad I didn't pay the money :)
Wow, I've heard twelve your olds make up better stories than this. Pathetic dude
I never heard a twelve your old... i know ya don't like me...but why insult the twelve your olds too?
Do most twelve-year-olds confuse the words "year? and "your?"
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

ferkberger747 wrote:I can't believe they dropped ISYL and KOTNTW. 2 of 3 songs that are half way NOT played out in the last few years...and they fucking drop them. Hopefully they're just "changing it up". If they're not....that's lame.
When I saw them on the Reunion tour, they didn't play "C'mon & Love Me," "Rock Bottom," "2000 Man," "I Was Made for Lovin' You," or "Take Me," all of which were played at different concerts on that tour.

You may not hear ISYL or KOTNTW when you see them, but you'll hear stuff others don't.
BDeav323
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by BDeav323 »

I went to the shows last night as well as the show at the Mohegun Sun last Saturday. I thought Paul's voice last night was way better then he sounded a week ago. He struggled on hitting some notes but overall I thought he sounded good. The band did seem in great spirits last night. I also would have liked to hear more songs from SB but the songs they did play sounded great. My only real issue with the show was 100,000 years. Someone did already mention this but I think it's worth repeating. First off, how is this song a "classic classic" as Paul puts it? I like the song but I don't consider it a "classic classic". More importantly though is the fact that they do draw this song out way too long. The show lost all of its momentum during this time. As stated by an earlier poster, people started sitting down around me during this time. It felt like it took 100,000 years for the song to finish. They could have easily played 2 if not 3 more songs in that time. That issue not withstanding I had a great time at the show and so did my 2 friends who were seeing there first Kiss show ever.
Ren5150
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ren5150 »

My clip....more to come. HD Cam shot.
Ren5150
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ren5150 »

My samples....
Ren5150
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ren5150 »

chiromannj
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by chiromannj »

Ren5150 wrote:
Where you sitting in section 225? Row B? Looks like you were right in front of me and the person right in front had a camera recording. If it was you, i was the one holding my 3 year old daughter the whole night
Ren5150
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ren5150 »

chiromannj wrote:
Ren5150 wrote:
Where you sitting in section 225? Row B? Looks like you were right in front of me and the person right in front had a camera recording. If it was you, i was the one holding my 3 year old daughter the whole night
Nope, 224!
fiyrhousemike
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by fiyrhousemike »

Here's a link to all the photos I took at MSG:

http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/575104276LOPkGS