US "Alive 35" Show 8: 10/5/09 - Boston

Julien
Whee Wan

US "Alive 35" Show 8: 10/5/09 - Boston

Post by Julien »

Live updates, reviews, discussion, etc.
Last edited by Julien on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
DirtyLiver
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by DirtyLiver »

I'm going to this show and i was just wondering, are they keeping the same setlist through the whole tour?
warmachine731
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by warmachine731 »

Anyone planning on going to this show and sending me the setlist as it happens live? I don't have a hookup for this show. Please message me if you'll be able to report the songs live
destroyer65
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by destroyer65 »

DirtyLiver wrote:I'm going to this show and i was just wondering, are they keeping the same setlist through the whole tour?
The setlist has changed since the first show in Detroit.

You can view the setlists here:

http://www.kissfaq.com/KissFAQ-wiki/ind ... Tour_Stats

Click on each date to see the setlist for that show.
daltonic1
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by daltonic1 »

i've been / still am / away.
can i get an update on the tour?

why'd the set change so drastically if its still alive 35?
i love it loud?????
jstger6969
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by jstger6969 »

I'm leaving for the show now, I'm really looking forward to to it. I'm bringing 2 of my kids with me for the first time, a kind of passing of the torch so to speak. I can't wait to see the looks on their faces :lol:
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

1. King Of The Night Time World
2. Deuce
3. Got To Choose
4. Modern Day Delilah
5. Hotter Than Hell
6. I Stole Your Love
7. C'mon And Love Me
8. Parasite
9. She / Tommy Guitar Solo
10. Watchin' You
11. 100,000 Years / Eric Drum Solo
12. I Love It Loud
13. Black Diamond
14. Rock And Roll All Nite

----------------------------

15. Shout It Out Loud
16. Lick It Up
17. Let Me Go, Rock And Roll
18. Love Gun
19. Detroit Rock City
Last edited by warmachine731 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Lands End Drums
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by Lands End Drums »

God I hope they keep KOTNTW and ISYL in the setlist by the time they get to Cali!!!! Shake the rest up, MORE NEW SONGS!!!! I'm so psyched for this tour I can't help but come on here for setlist checkups, LOL 11/24 seems so far away, I'm like a kid waitin' for Xmas!
Abnrdvro
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Abnrdvro »

thanks once again warmachine :thumright:

any word on entry? (curtain drop vs. rising)
totiefields

Post by totiefields »

I've been a supporter of all things KISS, but I am not a big fan of KOTNW as the opener. Give me Deuce or DRC anyday over it.
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

Abnrdvro wrote:thanks once again warmachine :thumright:

Bring back the riser much much better..
zeusnation

Post by zeusnation »

totiefields wrote:I've been a supporter of all things KISS, but I am not a big fan of KOTNW as the opener. Give me Deuce or DRC anyday over it.

I would love to see them move I Stole Your Love into the opener slot.
dursin

Post by dursin »

zeusnation wrote:
totiefields wrote:I've been a supporter of all things KISS, but I am not a big fan of KOTNW as the opener. Give me Deuce or DRC anyday over it.

Same here...never liked KotNW as an opener.
zeusnation

Post by zeusnation »

dursin wrote:
zeusnation wrote:

Same here...never liked KotNW as an opener.

Great song though... glad it's in the set list.
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

warmachine731 wrote:1. King Of The Night Time World
2. Deuce
3. Got To Choose
4. Modern Day Delilah
5. Hotter Than Hell
6. I Stole Your Love
7. C'mon And Love Me
8. Parasite
10. Watchin' You
12. I Love It Loud
13. Black Diamond

15. Shout It Out Loud
16. Lick It Up
18. Love Gun
19. Detroit Rock City
So. Hopefully this is the last night with this setlist. I'm hoping for 4-5 new songs in Oshawa.
Austin Allison

Post by Austin Allison »

Shane_Penney wrote:
2. Deuce
3. Got To Choose
4. Modern Day Delilah
5. Hotter Than Hell
6. I Stole Your Love
7. C'mon And Love Me
8. Parasite
10. Watchin' You
12. I Love It Loud
13. Black Diamond

15. Shout It Out Loud
16. Lick It Up
18. Love Gun
19. Detroit Rock City
So. Hopefully this is the last night with this setlist. I'm hoping for 4-5 new songs in Oshawa.
Yes.
zeusnation

Post by zeusnation »

Shane_Penney wrote:
2. Deuce
3. Got To Choose
4. Modern Day Delilah
5. Hotter Than Hell
6. I Stole Your Love
7. C'mon And Love Me
8. Parasite
10. Watchin' You
12. I Love It Loud
13. Black Diamond

15. Shout It Out Loud
16. Lick It Up
18. Love Gun
19. Detroit Rock City

I hope so too... but I highly doubt we'll see 4-5 new songs.
Capthowdy666
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Capthowdy666 »

i think 2-3 new songs. am i right i love the new album i hope to hear Stand and Say Yeah and another song
zeusnation

Post by zeusnation »

My sister just sent me a text, this was her first KISS concert at my suggestion.... she said "it was the best concert that I've ever seen". After seeing me obsessed with KISS for almost 23 years, I now think she's a fan too. :D
Starryeyed Guy

Post by Starryeyed Guy »

I just got back from the show. The entry is finally fixed:

Lights go down and the humming starts

Announcement

First notes of King. When the band joins in the bombs explode and the curtain drops... KISS is rising up in front of the logo during the intro to the song, including Eric.

EDIT: Whoops, Eric is rising up on top of the logo, I should have said. I'm tired.
zeusnation

Post by zeusnation »

Starryeyed Guy wrote:

I just got back from the show. The entry is finally fixed:

Lights go down and the humming starts

Announcement

First notes of King. When the band joins in the bombs explode and the curtain drops... KISS is rising up in front of the logo during the intro to the song, including Eric.

EDIT: Whoops, Eric is rising up on top of the logo, I should have said. I'm tired.

So G,P, & T are using the riser again to start the show? Nice!!
jstger6969
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by jstger6969 »

Just got back, what a great show! I kinda wish they'd shake up the set a little more, one thing of note during Tommy's solo one of the lighting fixtures came crashing down on the stage after he shot pyro from his guitar towards it. that looked like it wasn't supposed to happen. luckily no one was underneath it.
Starryeyed Guy

Post by Starryeyed Guy »

Man, what I saw tonight was a KISS show! It was a true KISS show. They spent some money this time. I can't tell you how much fire there was because it was so much. I was in the 8th row and it was hot. Fire columns, fire balls, red fire, green fire, orange fire, .... just a lot of freakin fire! I loved it.

They squeezed in so much pyro I wonder how they made money. :wink:

BTW, the upper tier was NOT blacked out. There were plenty of people up there in those seats nearly all the way back. You could see plenty of empties up there but the point is they did not black it out. There would have been no room for those people in the lower bowl.

I am so relieved that they brought back the rising from under the stage. That was cool and it was finally done right. I loved it.

I'm surprised at how much I actually enjoyed Lick It Up. Maybe it was all the fire :wink: but the song seemed to have a fresh life tonight. Can't explain it.

As for the Concert Live CDs. We could not find any booths for them. Just a bunch of advertisement cards around the arena everywhere advertising to go to the website. Funny, I got home tonight to find a box from them of the first 5 shows. I guess another order is in, well, order.

Great show. Paul sounds fine live because it's so loud but there were a couple times he cracked a bit. In the live setting it's not as obvious.

Gene accidentally made his was to his riser thing toward the end of Black Diamond and Paul gave him a look to tell him no. LOL Paul really does orchestrate things and keep things flowing smoothly. I did notice at the end of, god, whatever song they actually did go up the lifts on, that Paul went to stand in front of the logo and looked to the side of the stage and apparently was told that he would not be rising up. So he just went to stage center to bust the guitar. At least that's what it looked like for me. I was in the 8th row so it was pretty to read facial expressions.

Totally worth it. Am I disappointed they didn't play more from the new album? You bet! But am I disappointed by what I did see/hear? Not a chance!
Starryeyed Guy

Post by Starryeyed Guy »

jstger6969 wrote:Just got back, what a great show! I kinda wish they'd shake up the set a little more, one thing of note during Tommy's solo one of the lighting fixtures came crashing down on the stage after he shot pyro from his guitar towards it. that looked like it wasn't supposed to happen. luckily no one was underneath it.
:wink:
zeusnation

Post by zeusnation »

jstger6969 wrote:Just got back, what a great show! I kinda wish they'd shake up the set a little more, one thing of note during Tommy's solo one of the lighting fixtures came crashing down on the stage after he shot pyro from his guitar towards it. that looked like it wasn't supposed to happen. luckily no one was underneath it.

:lol: They first did this on the Dynasty Tour & from the Reunion Tours on. It's a prop... fake... suppose to fall.
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

Capthowdy666 wrote:i think 2-3 new songs. am i right i love the new album i hope to hear Stand and Say Yeah and another song
You're right in that that's more likely.

However, we got 3 songs from PC which wasn't that hot.

I'd say to KISS put your money where your mouth is. This is a lot better than PC, so have some faith in the songs.
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

Starryeyed Guy wrote:Man, what I saw tonight was a KISS show! It was a true KISS show. They spent some money this time. I can't tell you how much fire there was because it was so much. I was in the 8th row and it was hot. Fire columns, fire balls, red fire, green fire, orange fire, .... just a lot of freakin fire! I loved it.

BTW, the upper tier was NOT blacked out. There were plenty of people up there in those seats nearly all the way back. You could see plenty of empties up there but the point is they did not black it out. There would have been no room for those people in the lower bowl.

I am so relieved that they brought back the rising from under the stage. That was cool and it was finally done right. I loved it.

I'm surprised at how much I actually enjoyed Lick It Up. Maybe it was all the fire :wink: but the song seemed to have a fresh life tonight. Can't explain it.

As for the Concert Live CDs. We could not find any booths for them. Just a bunch of advertisement cards around the arena everywhere advertising to go to the website. Funny, I got home tonight to find a box from them of the first 5 shows. I guess another order is in, well, order.

Great show. Paul sounds fine live because it's so loud but there were a couple times he cracked a bit. In the live setting it's not as obvious.

Gene accidentally made his was to his riser thing toward the end of Black Diamond and Paul gave him a look to tell him no. LOL Paul really does orchestrate things and keep things flowing smoothly. I did notice at the end of, god, whatever song they actually did go up the lifts on, that Paul went to stand in front of the logo and looked to the side of the stage and apparently was told that he would not be rising up. So he just went to stage center to bust the guitar. At least that's what it looked like for me. I was in the 8th row so it was pretty to read facial expressions.

Totally worth it. Am I disappointed they didn't play more from the new album? You bet! But am I disappointed by what I did see/hear? Not a chance!
Thanks for the great review, how many would you estimate attended?
zeusnation

Post by zeusnation »

drgbootz wrote:
Starryeyed Guy wrote:Man, what I saw tonight was a KISS show! It was a true KISS show. They spent some money this time. I can't tell you how much fire there was because it was so much. I was in the 8th row and it was hot. Fire columns, fire balls, red fire, green fire, orange fire, .... just a lot of freakin fire! I loved it.

Thanks for the great review, how many would you estimate attended?

Sounds like the same turnout for the Aero/KISS Tour. Even with hometown Aerosmith headlining, they had alot of open upper level seats. Boston seems to be a hard sell.
jstger6969
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by jstger6969 »

zeusnation wrote:

:lol: They first did this on the Dynasty Tour & from the Reunion Tours on. It's a prop... fake... suppose to fall.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, What an awesome show, and my kids loved it!
zeusnation

Post by zeusnation »

jstger6969 wrote:
zeusnation wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up for me, What an awesome show, and my kids loved it!

Glad you liked it! Took my 6 y.o. son to his first concert ever Saturday night & he has a BLAST!! It honestly was a dream come true for me to share something that has meant so much to me in my life like KISS, with my son, the joy of my life. :D
DownNeckKiss

Post by DownNeckKiss »

dear lord :roll:
WhatsOnYourMind
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by WhatsOnYourMind »

Tired set list.
Opening KOTNTW is lame.
Wish they started with something like Take Me, Creatures of the Night or MDD.
destroyer65
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by destroyer65 »

Posting this without reading the other posts in this thread first.

The Mohegan Sun show was very good. The Boston show was excellent.
The Mohegan Sun show was sold out. At the Boston show all of the seats on the floor and in the lower arena from the soundboard to the stage
were sold out. There were some empty seats on the floor behind the
soundboard (these seats are pretty sucky; the soundboard is right in
your view). The upper arena was not curtained off. Not sold out. I'd
guess 1, 2, maybe three full sections if everyone was put together up there. I'd say there were more people in Boston than at Mohegan Sun. A much louder and more active crowd in Boston.

Setlist as mentioned in this thread. There was more promotion of "Sonic Boom" at the Boston show. The cd was shown on the giant screen and was part of the "spinning lp covers cubes". Paul mentioned Letterman and that MDD would be played.

The start of the show:

The curtain dropped. Paul, Gene, and Tommy rose from underneath the
stage. The KISS logo was shining, but there were no flames on top. Eric
rose from behind the KISS logo. KOTNTW was being played as they rose up. Tommy did not go over to the amps to get feedback.

There was one change in the show that lead to some miscommunication.
The roadies had set up the lift holders for "Rock And Roll All Nite". When
the song was coming to an end Gene went to his riser, Paul got his guitar to smash and went to his riser in front of the drums, but Tommy stayed
back near the speakers (stage left). Paul and Gene kept looking at Tommy as if to get on his riser, but Tommy shook them off. Gene and
Paul moved away from their risers, Paul smashed the guitar center stage,
and the song ended. The roadies removed the lift holders from the risers.

The thing is they had changed the song that the risers were going to be use in to Detroit Rock City. Tommy remembered, but Gene and Paul had
forgotten and/or the roadies messed up. The roadies set up the lift holders for DRC. Gene and Tommy went up. Paul went to stand on his riser, but it didn't rise, so he stepped away from it.

I noticed more video on the large screen this time than in CT.

Paul sounded very good all night. The sound was much better in Boston than in CT. I could hear everything clearly and evenly in Boston.

Parasite was excellent. Eric really kicked ass on that one.

Tonight's show ranks with my favorite KISS shows I've seen:

Hot In The Shade (3 times)
Revenge (club tour)
Revenge (arena tour)
KISS Konvention

Tonight's show blew away all 3 Alive/Worldwide and all 3 Farewell shows
I saw.
destroyer65
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by destroyer65 »

Shane_Penney wrote:
2. Deuce
3. Got To Choose
4. Modern Day Delilah
5. Hotter Than Hell
6. I Stole Your Love
7. C'mon And Love Me
8. Parasite
10. Watchin' You
12. I Love It Loud
13. Black Diamond

15. Shout It Out Loud
16. Lick It Up
18. Love Gun
19. Detroit Rock City
I'll guess one new Gene song and one other new song. I'll guess "When Lightning Strikes" and "Yes I Know" or "Hot And Cold".
destroyer65
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by destroyer65 »

It's part of the act. They've been doing it since the Alive/Worldwide tour.
missingdiver

Post by missingdiver »

Thanks for the reviews guys! Glad to hear they got the intro all worked out.
jamvmusic
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by jamvmusic »

destroyer65 wrote:
Shane_Penney wrote:
2. Deuce
3. Got To Choose
4. Modern Day Delilah
5. Hotter Than Hell
6. I Stole Your Love
7. C'mon And Love Me
8. Parasite
10. Watchin' You
12. I Love It Loud
13. Black Diamond

15. Shout It Out Loud
16. Lick It Up
18. Love Gun
19. Detroit Rock City
I'll guess one new Gene song and one other new song. I'll guess "When Lightning Strikes" and "Yes I Know" or "Hot And Cold".
With all the ESPN airplay that All For The Glory is getting and with KISS dropping Nothing To Lose, I wouldn't be surprised if they added it in as well!
destroyer65
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by destroyer65 »

jamvmusic wrote:
destroyer65 wrote:
Shane_Penney wrote:
2. Deuce
3. Got To Choose
4. Modern Day Delilah
5. Hotter Than Hell
6. I Stole Your Love
7. C'mon And Love Me
8. Parasite
10. Watchin' You
12. I Love It Loud
13. Black Diamond

15. Shout It Out Loud
16. Lick It Up
18. Love Gun
19. Detroit Rock City
With all the ESPN airplay that All For The Glory is getting and with KISS dropping Nothing To Lose, I wouldn't be surprised if they added it in as well!
I'll guess that they'll play "All For The Glory" on the official "Sonic Boom" tour next year. Eric's already singing lead on "Black Diamond" on the
Alive/35 tour.
RatSalsa
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by RatSalsa »

destroyer65 wrote:There was one change in the show that lead to some miscommunication.
the song was coming to an end Gene went to his riser, Paul got his guitar to smash and went to his riser in front of the drums, but Tommy stayed
back near the speakers (stage left). Paul and Gene kept looking at Tommy as if to get on his riser, but Tommy shook them off. Gene and

The thing is they had changed the song that the risers were going to be use in to Detroit Rock City. Tommy remembered, but Gene and Paul had
forgotten and/or the roadies messed up. The roadies set up the lift holders for DRC. Gene and Tommy went up. Paul went to stand on his riser, but it didn't rise, so he stepped away from it.
So they dont do the "freeze" thing anymore?

Cool review, thanks!
destroyer65
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by destroyer65 »

Ratatouille wrote:
destroyer65 wrote:There was one change in the show that lead to some miscommunication.

So they dont do the "freeze" thing anymore?

Cool review, thanks!
At the Boston show Gene and Tommy were at the top of their risers. Eric's drum kit was at the top. Paul was front, center stage. They all held their positions for ~ 30 seconds.
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

11k in attendance if the boston herlad is correct at 75% capacity, another healthy showing. Greenville also is creeping closer to a sell out.
chadb2448
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by chadb2448 »

drgbootz wrote:11k in attendance if the boston herlad is correct at 75% capacity, another healthy showing. Greenville also is creeping closer to a sell out.
Good to hear Greenville is close to a sell out. Kiss has seemingly faired well in the South over the years.
Evo999

Post by Evo999 »

People who apparently were in the "know" said attendance was estimated to be 8,500 and the show to be scaled back. This means, if new estimates are correct there were about 11,000 there meaning there was a walk up crowd of 2,500.

This would bode well for the tour. I'll be curious to see how the attendance goes in other larger centers.
Sam T Serpent

Post by Sam T Serpent »

this tour seems to be selling quiet well.. what are the average attendance for the tour so far?
kisssman
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by kisssman »

This has been mentioned before. It IS supposed to happen.....and Ace did it on the Faewell Tour. :roll:
kisssman
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by kisssman »

destroyer65 wrote:Posting this without reading the other posts in this thread first.

The Mohegan Sun show was sold out. At the Boston show all of the seats on the floor and in the lower arena from the soundboard to the stage
guess 1, 2, maybe three full sections if everyone was put together up there. I'd say there were more people in Boston than at Mohegan Sun. A much louder and more active crowd in Boston.

Setlist as mentioned in this thread. There was more promotion of "Sonic Boom" at the Boston show. The cd was shown on the giant screen and was part of the "spinning lp covers cubes". Paul mentioned Letterman and that MDD would be played.

The start of the show:

rose from behind the KISS logo. KOTNTW was being played as they rose up. Tommy did not go over to the amps to get feedback.

Paul sounded very good all night. The sound was much better in Boston than in CT. I could hear everything clearly and evenly in Boston.

Revenge (club tour)
Revenge (arena tour)
KISS Konvention

I saw.
Are they making so many tweaks that they and the roadies can't remember what is what? Geez, I hope they settle on a fixed program by Nov. 6th and get their acts together.
drolaw

Post by drolaw »

100,000 years, Got to Choose, and Parasite should go for more upbeat and fist pumping songs like War machine, FLAG, Dr. Love, More songs from Sonic Boom.

Kiss needs more energized songs on this tour. Stop playing slow songs that the masses don't know. Who outside of Kiss fans know 100,000 years, Parasite, and Got to Choose.

Give me upbeat energy songs!!
DirtyLiver
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by DirtyLiver »

Went to this yesterday and have to say, probaly the best live show i'v ever seen
torpedo_girl1980
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by torpedo_girl1980 »

Finally got to go to my first KISS show...and, MAN, was that a SHOW!!

Not a bad moment throughout the entire show. Buckcherry were pretty awesome too. :]

We saw Doc McGhee scoping out the place between the two bands, and then he came around and gave guitar picks to the kids near the floor. My eleven-year-old neighbor was with me, so he got a pick from Doc, and another one from another guy later on.

Oh, and anyone else notice that Gary Cherone was in the audience? My mom spotted him during the Buckcherry set; he was standing pretty close to us. He disappeared a little after that.

I'd go on a full-scale rant, but I'm too drained to do that right now. ^^
destroyer65
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by destroyer65 »

kisssman wrote:
destroyer65 wrote:Posting this without reading the other posts in this thread first.

The start of the show:

Revenge (club tour)
Revenge (arena tour)
KISS Konvention

I saw.
Are they making so many tweaks that they and the roadies can't remember what is what? Geez, I hope they settle on a fixed program by Nov. 6th and get their acts together.
They've only played one week's worth of shows. They'll get the kinks out.

We'll know after the Oshawa show which song the risers will be used in.

At the CT show the risers were used in "Rock And Roll All Nite". At the Boston show the risers were used in "Detroit Rock City". IMO, it's better
to use them during the grand finale (DRC).