Summer '11 Show 8: 7/2/11 - Fort McMurray, AB

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Summer '11 Show 8: 7/2/11 - Fort McMurray, AB

Post by Admin »

Discussions, reviews, live-updates, meet-ups, etc!

Details:
July 2 - MacDonald Island Park "Canada Rock" Festival, Fort McMurray, AB, Canada
Promoter: Events Wood Buffalo/MacDonald Island Park
Opening act(s): Bad City

SETLIST

http://kissfaq.com/tourdates/2011/070211.html

Notes:
- Part of the 2011 Canada Day event, a three-day celebration of Canadian Heritage running June 30-July 2.
- The Envy were scheduled to open most dates on the tour, but cancelled all on 6/19...
Shane_Penney
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: Summer '11 Show 8: 7/2/11 - Fort McMurray, AB

Post by Shane_Penney »

Sold out according to the local newspaper.

The article was on scalping tickets.

Anyhow....It's on KISSONLINE.
toffie
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by toffie »

what happend to the reviews from the shows??? anyone??
Spirit
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Spirit »

toffie wrote:what happend to the reviews from the shows??? anyone??

No one remembers the show.
Black_Diamond
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: In a moonlit grocery store, hence why I'm in my werewolf form. :p

Post by Black_Diamond »

Spirit wrote:
toffie wrote:what happend to the reviews from the shows??? anyone??

No one remembers the show.
Maybe no FAQer went, considering how it seems to be a place completely lost at the far end of the world...
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

heart_of_chrome

Post by heart_of_chrome »

paul sounds pretty good. I just don't understand why they play it even slower than the original recording
Just_Lee

Post by Just_Lee »

Sounded like that crowd was having a great time. Good for them. Rock on KISS..... 8)
Casablanca
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Casablanca »

jmitzel
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by jmitzel »

Not a bad looking crowd...
Attachments
ft mcmurray.jpg
ft mcmurray.jpg (47.98 KiB) Viewed 3906 times
rscott71

Post by rscott71 »

according to aceshigh, it's all crackheads and drunks. Of course he probably thinks it's a picture from last years tour
Just_Lee

Post by Just_Lee »

rscott71 wrote:according to aceshigh, it's all crackheads and drunks. Of course he probably thinks it's a picture from last years tour

:lol: :lol:
aceshigh
Banned

Post by aceshigh »

rscott71 wrote:according to aceshigh, it's all crackheads and drunks. Of course he probably thinks it's a picture from last years tour
Have you ever been there? It's not according to me. Go on youtube and search for doc's on the place you will see that what I say is not my opinion it is a general consensus. The saddest part is that these guys that go up there for work can make about 60,000 in six mnths, then be broke in two mnths because of the rents, gambling and drugs. I suggest you go for a visit or at least educate yourself on this town before you comment.
aceshigh
Banned

Post by aceshigh »

For those of you who would like a little bit of info. This is Fort Crack.
Just_Lee

Post by Just_Lee »

aceshigh wrote:

Ever been to Detroit or Cleveland??
aceshigh
Banned

Post by aceshigh »

Did you watch it? Have you been there? I have lived in Montreal, Toronto, and Calgary. Sorry have not visited the ghettos of Cleveland and Detroit. Ft McMurray is a horrble place it's a fact rent a one bedroom for 3000 a mnth a trailer for half a million. Minus 45-50 in the winter and nothing to do but gamble, drugs and crack. Go for a visit this is not a city it is an outpost. There is hardly a police presence at all. It's amazing that you are even commenting. Have you been there? Didn't think so.
Just_Lee

Post by Just_Lee »

aceshigh wrote:Did you watch it? Have you been there? I have lived in Montreal, Toronto, and Calgary. Sorry have not visited the ghettos of Cleveland and Detroit. Ft McMurray is a horrble place it's a fact rent a one bedroom for 3000 a mnth a trailer for half a million. Minus 45-50 in the winter and nothing to do but gamble, drugs and crack. Go for a visit this is not a city it is an outpost. There is hardly a police presence at all. It's amazing that you are even commenting. Have you been there? Didn't think so.
No, I haven't been there. What is your point in posting this?? KISS just played a show there. If it is indeed as bad as you are making it out to be, and I have no reason to doubt you, wouldn't it be a good thing that KISS did a show there? You would think the people would need an event to let off some steam.

Oh and...I will comment on whatever I want to comment on as long as I am here....What are you the board police??......... :roll:
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

KISS doing what KISS has done since the beginning.Playing places other bands don't play,that's what made them :!:
Casablanca
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Casablanca »

aceshigh wrote:Did you watch it? Have you been there? I have lived in Montreal, Toronto, and Calgary. Sorry have not visited the ghettos of Cleveland and Detroit. Ft McMurray is a horrble place it's a fact rent a one bedroom for 3000 a mnth a trailer for half a million. Minus 45-50 in the winter and nothing to do but gamble, drugs and crack. Go for a visit this is not a city it is an outpost. There is hardly a police presence at all. It's amazing that you are even commenting. Have you been there? Didn't think so.
Could you imagine if someone was using this mindset to rip on a place Ace played??

Unbelievable.
Just_Lee

Post by Just_Lee »

kissthat wrote:KISS doing what KISS has done since the beginning.Playing places other bands don't play,that's what made them :!:
Agreed. Good for KISS, good for the fans in Ft. McMurray in my opinion.
Philly Cheese

Post by Philly Cheese »

aceshigh wrote:

And for the rest of you, ^this^ is what happens when they give morons computers.
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

Is it possible to simply discuss the show without the senseless insults? I'm sure some of you can do it if you try.
aceshigh
Banned

Post by aceshigh »

Thanks RF. I am addressing the show that KISS played. It is nothing for KISS or their fans to be proud of. Selling out that venue in 20 minutes is not a feat, anyone could do it.
aceshigh
Banned

Post by aceshigh »

Here is the proof go to 4:20.

Just_Lee

Post by Just_Lee »

aceshigh wrote:Thanks RF. I am addressing the show that KISS played. It is nothing for KISS or their fans to be proud of. Selling out that venue in 20 minutes is not a feat, anyone could do it.

Again, I don't see what's wrong with KISS playing there. It's a win, win for the band and the fans. They sold it out in 20 minutes or whatever...good for KISS....plain and simple.

The economy is hit and miss here in America, much as it was on the last tour the band did here. They did well in some areas and not so well in other areas that was hit harder by the economy....but of course that was no excuse then so why would this be an excuse for the band to sell out now?? But of course, it's all about the agenda I suppose.
aceshigh
Banned

Post by aceshigh »

Just_Lee wrote:
aceshigh wrote:Thanks RF. I am addressing the show that KISS played. It is nothing for KISS or their fans to be proud of. Selling out that venue in 20 minutes is not a feat, anyone could do it.

Again, I don't see what's wrong with KISS playing there. It's a win, win for the band and the fans. They sold it out in 20 minutes or whatever...good for KISS....plain and simple.

The economy is hit and miss here in America, much as it was on the last tour the band did here. They did well in some areas and not so well in other areas that was hit harder by the economy....but of course that was no excuse then so why would this be an excuse for the band to sell out now?? But of course, it's all about the agenda I suppose.

I do not have an agenda. I could care less where they play. Some of you guys cheer them on like you're getting a cut grom ticket sales or something. KISS played a shit town where there is nothing to do but drugs and drinking and gambling. It is no surprise they sold it out in record time. Still nothing to be proud of KISS fans. 2 nights in Toronto would be special, one night in Ft McMurray is not. It is different when they play a place like Oshawa Ontario which was hard hit by the automotive industry, it is a whole different thing when they play in places like FT MAC. Whats next The Pas?
Just_Lee

Post by Just_Lee »

aceshigh wrote:
Just_Lee wrote:

I could care less where they play.
Yea we can tell..... :wink:
aceshigh
Banned

Post by aceshigh »

Just_Lee wrote:
aceshigh wrote:
Just_Lee wrote:

Actually it is embarrasing being a KISS fan today. I do care what they do and where they play. :D
Just_Lee

Post by Just_Lee »

aceshigh wrote:
Just_Lee wrote:
aceshigh wrote:
Just_Lee wrote:

Actually it is embarrasing being a KISS fan today. I do care what they do and where they play. :D

Wait....now you care....you didn't care, now you do.
If only Ace were back you could make up your mind huh???

Anyway, like I posted on this topic many times already, I can't think of one reason why it's a bad thing that KISS played Ft. McMurray and sold it out in record time.
aceshigh
Banned

Post by aceshigh »

Just_Lee wrote:
aceshigh wrote:
Just_Lee wrote:
aceshigh wrote:
Just_Lee wrote:

Anyway, like I posted on this topic many times already, I can't think of one reason why it's a bad thing that KISS played Ft. McMurray and sold it out in record time.

What would you think if they played a homeless shelter full of crackheads and winos? That is what FT Mac is like it or not.
Just_Lee

Post by Just_Lee »

aceshigh wrote:
Just_Lee wrote:
aceshigh wrote:
Just_Lee wrote:
aceshigh wrote:
Just_Lee wrote:

What would you think if they played a homeless shelter full of crackheads and winos? That is what FT Mac is like it or not.
What about the fans in FT Mac?? Why shouldn't they be able to enjoy a KISS show?? Just because they are stuck in this "hell-hole" or whatever it is, why shouldn't they be able to go enjoy a KISS show??
aceshigh
Banned

Post by aceshigh »

Just_Lee wrote:
aceshigh wrote:
Just_Lee wrote:
aceshigh wrote:
Just_Lee wrote:
aceshigh wrote:
Just_Lee wrote:

What about the fans in FT Mac?? Why shouldn't they be able to enjoy a KISS show?? Just because they are stuck in this "hell-hole" or whatever it is, why shouldn't they be able to go enjoy a KISS show??
If KISS cared so much about their fans in FT MAC why did they not play there during the reunion tour when it mattered?? C'mon now you know Gene is scrapping the bottom of the touring barrel playing up there. I have given proof. Can KISS not do any better then a weekend festival in the crime and drug capital of my beloved CANADA?
Just_Lee

Post by Just_Lee »

aceshigh wrote:
Just_Lee wrote:
aceshigh wrote:
Just_Lee wrote:
aceshigh wrote:
Just_Lee wrote:
aceshigh wrote:
Just_Lee wrote:

If KISS cared so much about their fans in FT MAC why did they not play there during the reunion tour when it mattered?? C'mon now you know Gene is scrapping the bottom of the touring barrel playing up there. I have given proof. Can KISS not do any better then a weekend festival in the crime and drug capital of my beloved CANADA?

Scraping the bottom of the touring barrell?? Reunion tour when it mattered??? Just proof of your agenda showing through.

Somebody offered them money to play in a shit town in Canada, shit town according to you, they played it. So what?? They have always played out of the way places. You are losing it dude. I mean it was bad enough last tour when you accussed them of using the same pictures when the roof was obviously different.....remember that?? This is pretty much the same thing. Typical from you.....carry on, as I am done with this topic. You obviously have an agenda. Good luck with that.
aceshigh
Banned

Post by aceshigh »

Amazing and also scary that you remeber a mistake I made a year ago. I don't even know what you typed yesterday. Agenda? It's only discussion. :lol:
gshaller
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by gshaller »

No. Not scary at all. It's just another glaring reminder of the piss-poor attempts you've made to minimize anything this lineup does, that's all.

Sorry, but trying to insult the current lineup by commenting on how bad the neighborhood is surrounding a venue where KISS perform is fucking stupid. YOU are not fucking stupid, but those kinds of posts are fucking stupid. Cobo Hall isn't exactly in the ritziest part of town, but acknowledging a FACT like that would be just so inconvenient.
Spirit
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Spirit »

gshaller wrote:No. Not scary at all. It's just another glaring reminder of the piss-poor attempts you've made to minimize anything this lineup does, that's all.

Sorry, but trying to insult the current lineup by commenting on how bad the neighborhood is surrounding a venue where KISS perform is fucking stupid. YOU are not fucking stupid, but those kinds of posts are fucking stupid. Cobo Hall isn't exactly in the ritziest part of town, but acknowledging a FACT like that would be just so inconvenient.
Has nothing to do with a neighbourhood, but you knew that already.
Austin Allison

Post by Austin Allison »

Spirit wrote:
gshaller wrote:No. Not scary at all. It's just another glaring reminder of the piss-poor attempts you've made to minimize anything this lineup does, that's all.

Has nothing to do with a neighbourhood, but you knew that already.
I do not speech forin. Speek Englis. It is 'neighborhood.'
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

[quote="Spirit"][quote="gshaller"]No. Not scary at all. It's just another glaring reminder of the piss-poor attempts you've made to minimize anything this lineup does, that's all.

Sorry, but trying to insult the current lineup by commenting on how bad the neighborhood is surrounding a venue where KISS perform is fucking stupid. YOU are not fucking stupid, but those kinds of posts are fucking stupid. Cobo Hall isn't exactly in the ritziest part of town, but acknowledging a FACT like that would be just so inconvenient.[/quote]

Has nothing to do with a neighbourhood, but you knew that already.[/quote]

Posts like this work better when you make a valid point; please make some effort.
shupey

Post by shupey »

Unbelievable. I must just suck for some of you that people actually still get enjoyment from this band.
Spirit
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Spirit »

[quote="gshaller"][quote="Spirit"][quote="gshaller"]No. Not scary at all. It's just another glaring reminder of the piss-poor attempts you've made to minimize anything this lineup does, that's all.

Sorry, but trying to insult the current lineup by commenting on how bad the neighborhood is surrounding a venue where KISS perform is fucking stupid. YOU are not fucking stupid, but those kinds of posts are fucking stupid. Cobo Hall isn't exactly in the ritziest part of town, but acknowledging a FACT like that would be just so inconvenient.[/quote]

Posts like this work better when you make a valid point; please make some effort.[/quote]

Learn how to quote. Please make some effort.
Black_Diamond
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: In a moonlit grocery store, hence why I'm in my werewolf form. :p

Post by Black_Diamond »

[quote="Austin Allison"][quote="Spirit"][quote="gshaller"]No. Not scary at all. It's just another glaring reminder of the piss-poor attempts you've made to minimize anything this lineup does, that's all.

I do not speech forin. Speek Englis. It is 'neighborhood.'[/quote]

Both exist. One is american, one is british... Are you sure you speak ENGLISH or do you rather speak AMERICAN ? ;)
Anomaly
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Anomaly »

I like how aceshigh would've wanted KISS to have played Ft. McMurray in 1996 when they'd be scraping the bottom of the barrel that year as well.

Actually scratch that...Ace and Peter would've been back and Ft. Mac would've instantly redeemed itself in his eyes.
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

http://www.fortmcmurraytoday.com/Articl ... ?e=3198853

KISS show draws crowds to MacIsland
Updated 1 day ago
Greg Halinda

Special to Today

Iconic rock band KISS didn't rely on its flamethrowers and fireworks at Saturday's Macdonald Island concert to prove their show is still hot.

The nearly 10,000 fans at the night's show took care of that, stoking their own excitement to a frenzy and revelling in the heat thrown off by the flames and sparks flying above the stage.

While many were fuelled by nostalgia for the band they grew up listening to from the mid-1970s onward, others were carried by the excitement of being part of the biggest rock and roll show to ever hit Fort McMurray.

As they would attending any world-class large outdoor venue, fans had hours to build their anticipation as they rode transit or walked to the site, stood in a long entry lineup, passed a security screening, perhaps stood in another lineup for food, drink, or merchandise, and then listened to the opening acts.

The Envy and Bad City got the nod to warm up on the same stage before KISS played.

Once the main act hit the stage, everyone was on their feet, screaming their welcome to KISS.

The band licked up the attention. Pointing and waving at fans with cameras, they worked both to entertain the crowd and let them know they were happy to be in Fort McMurray. They even proclaimed it a "Rock City", a tag they applied to their hit "Detroit Rock City."

Fort McMurray residents Patrick and Michelle Boudreau made the concert the ninth KISS show they've seen since 1996.

"What was amazing to me was to see kids under the age of 25 singing along and freaking out to classic old KISS songs. It just goes to show you how ageless they are," said Patrick, a fan since the age of five.

Boudreau grew up in New Brunswick alongside three brothers who listened to the band's tunes.

"My brothers made me a cardboard drum kit. They had a wall in the house covered with KISS posters. I also remember going to a friend's house and dressing up in KISS makeup and rocking out using tennis racquets as guitars," he said.

He realized a dream at the Fort McMurray show, which was the only Alberta stop the band made on this tour: he and his wife paid a premium to attend a meet-and-greet photo session with the band before they went on stage.

"I've been waiting 35 years to meet these guys. I'm never at a loss for words, but all I could say to them at first was, 'I can't believe I'm standing here.'"

Boudreau called the show finale the best part: "It was

over the top … the last song

had Gene and Tommy on risers 30 feet above the stage. Paul then smashes his guitar on stage.

"They've turned a concert into an art from when it comes to blowing your mind. Everything is calculated … the lights, fireworks, flames … but it never ceases to amaze me how they do it," he said.
Slick2007
Banned

Post by Slick2007 »

[quote="kissthat"]http://www.fortmcmurraytoday.com/Articl ... ?e=3198853

KISS show draws crowds to MacIsland
Updated 1 day ago
Greg Halinda

Special to Today

Iconic rock band KISS didn't rely on its flamethrowers and fireworks at Saturday's Macdonald Island concert to prove their show is still hot.

The nearly 10,000 fans at the night's show took care of that, stoking their own excitement to a frenzy and revelling in the heat thrown off by the flames and sparks flying above the stage.

zzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzWhile many were fuelled by nostalgia for the band they grew up listening to from the mid-1970s onward, others were carried by the excitement of being part of the biggest rock and roll show to ever hit Fort McMurray.

As they would attending any world-class large outdoor venue, fans had hours to build their anticipation as they rode transit or walked to the site, stood in a long entry lineup, passed a security screening, perhaps stood in another lineup for food, drink, or merchandise, and then listened to the opening acts.

The Envy and Bad City got the nod to warm up on the same stage before KISS played.

Once the main act hit the stage, everyone was on their feet, screaming their welcome to KISS.

The band licked up the attention. Pointing and waving at fans with cameras, they worked both to entertain the crowd and let them know they were happy to be in Fort McMurray. They even proclaimed it a "Rock City", a tag they applied to their hit "Detroit Rock City."

Fort McMurray residents Patrick and Michelle Boudreau made the concert the ninth KISS show they've seen since 1996.

"What was amazing to me was to see kids under the age of 25 singing along and freaking out to classic old KISS songs. It just goes to show you how ageless they are," said Patrick, a fan since the age of five.

Boudreau grew up in New Brunswick alongside three brothers who listened to the band's tunes.

"My brothers made me a cardboard drum kit. They had a wall in the house covered with KISS posters. I also remember going to a friend's house and dressing up in KISS makeup and rocking out using tennis racquets as guitars," he said.

He realized a dream at the Fort McMurray show, which was the only Alberta stop the band made on this tour: he and his wife paid a premium to attend a meet-and-greet photo session with the band before they went on stage.

"I've been waiting 35 years to meet these guys. I'm never at a loss for words, but all I could say to them at first was, 'I can't believe I'm standing here.'"

Boudreau called the show finale the best part: "It was

over the top … the last song

had Gene and Tommy on risers 30 feet above the stage. Paul then smashes his guitar on stage.

"They've turned a concert into an art from when it comes to blowing your mind. Everything is calculated … the lights, fireworks, flames … but it never ceases to amaze me how they do it," he said.[/quote]

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz