Summer '11 Show 4: 6/26/11 - Kamloops, BC

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Summer '11 Show 4: 6/26/11 - Kamloops, BC

Post by Admin »

Discussions, reviews, live-updates, meet-ups, etc!

Details
June 26 – Interior Savings Centre, Kamloops, BC, Canada
Promoter: Jelly Events/Live Nation
Opening act(s): Bad City
Reported attendance: ? / 6,400

SETLIST

http://kissfaq.com/tourdates/2011/062611.html

Notes:
- The Envy were scheduled to open most dates on the tour, but cancelled all on 6/19...
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

The KISS Army and legions of other fans scooped up all available tickets Friday for a June 26 Interior Savings Centre concert.

Within minutes of going on sale, all remaining tickets after a Thursday pre-sale were sold out, said Bill Jaswal of Jelly Events.

“We still kept more than half available for today and that was gone in minutes,” he said. “People had to buy allotments in single seats.”

Tickets for a Dawson Creek KISS concert sold out just as quickly.

Jaswal, who books talent for the City, has never seen anything like it in Kamloops. He figures there is a loyal following of KISS fans — dubbed the KISS army — in Western Canada that’s driving demand for the tour of smaller-centre venues.

“The band has young kids to the young-at-heart kids that are very loyal.”

On top of that, there has never been a concert with a price scale as high as that of KISS, not even the heavily marketed and elaborate productions of Cirque du Soleil. Prices range from $125 a seat up to the premium forward seats at $175 a pop.

“This is groundbreaking for Kamloops because we’ve never had a concert with that ticket scaling.

http://www.kamloopsnews.ca/article/2011 ... in-minutes
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Good to see the shows selling so well early.............But,we knew they should,after all most of them are from the fan-voted tour from 2009..
JohnnySabotage
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Re: Summer '11 Show 4: 6/26/11 - Kamloops, BC

Post by JohnnySabotage »

I managed to score Row 2, seats 17 & 18. :D
I hoping that with this being the 3rd show of this mini tour, that they will have worked out any bugs and Paul's voice is in good shape.
I'm bringing the wife for her first every KISS show so I hope their on their "A" game.
commedimus
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by commedimus »

I Will also be there in row 2. I am hoping against hope that they will use the SB stage and not the stage set used in Sacramento. If not however, I can live with it because at least I won't have to make the trip to Vancouver as I have continually had to do since my first show in 1985 (my first show should have been 1979 but some people in a position to take me lied and said it was sold out).
RARANAPED
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by RARANAPED »

no updates yet?
KISS Unmasked II
Banned

Post by KISS Unmasked II »

RARANAPED wrote:no updates yet?

Waiting...waiting...
:lol:
commedimus
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by commedimus »

Just back... Show kicked ass......same setlist minus GGRRTYII... same merch as on website.....Paul's voice actually appeared to be in pretty good form....possibly more later.....exhausted!!!!!!!!!!
RARANAPED
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by RARANAPED »

how loud was it?
drgbootz
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by drgbootz »

Nice set of footage here:

kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

drgbootz wrote:Nice set of footage here:

THANKS-Let Aceshigh know that the sign has been fixed :lol: ,he was worried about it the other day.
commedimus
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by commedimus »

Okay...... I am still exhausted but I can elaborate on things somewhat. One thing I noticed as I have the setlist from last night was that both IWMFLY and GGRRTY2 were listed to be played during the encore. They didn't end up playing those songs but they were listed on the setlist. The merchandise was pretty much exactly what was listed recently on the Kissonline website. There were autographed sticks and guitar straps for Eric and Tommy and an autographed drum skin from Eric.

I know how cynical we often are on this board but I have to say......... That show kicked ass in a ways I never expected. The first was........ I did the meet and greet. I know what people will say but it was a lot of fun. Everybody ended up being quite nice. Paul right away commented on a couple of jackets I was wearing. I know that sounds funny but I wasn't sure what I could get signed and I thought if I wore the items they would be less likely to tell me I couldn't get them signed. As it turns out, there wasn't a huge turn out for this so it ended up being fairly casual and un-rushed. That can be the advantage of seeing a show in a smaller city..... The turnout isn't quite as big (though it can be) and it ends up being a bit better. Paul was quite chatty and both he and Eric asked about my Kiss leather jacket from the '95 convention tour (with the middle finger, which is fairly rare), as well as a Japanese satin jacket from 2009 that I thought was a limited edition jacket sold to the public. Paul said that no.... they were band or crew jackets from that tour and are very rare. I was able to get everything I wanted signed.

I know the show in many ways is the same old thing but having my friends there really made me experience the show through their eyes. My one friend went with me to a reunion show in '96 but my other friends had never seen a Kiss show. They absolutely were blown away by the spectacle. I know Kiss' show isn't quite as unique anymore as there are lots of big and impressive productions but at the end of the day.... it still is a really cool show, especially if you have never scene it before.

It was also really cool for me because we were second row and while I have been pretty close before, I have never experienced a Kiss show from that vantage point before. You are truly in the show and the confetti storm at the end of RARAN is one of the best things I have ever experienced. Again.... I have experienced it but not fully immersed in the storm.... It really was unbelievable. If you have never been within the first few rows of a Kiss show.... You need to because it is very different and very cool.

Paul sounded pretty good from when I was paying enough attention. Honestly.... It isn't easy to judge vocals at the show because the sound may not be great where you're at, and there are lots of visuals etc to distract from critically evaluating. I made a point at times to really listen and while there were one or two cracks in his voice, it really was pretty good. He is avoiding singing backgrounds on some songs though.

Musically was the one area where I wasn't excited. I have just seen those songs performed too many times to get all that excited.

Bottom line....... I am as cynical as the next fan here but I had one of my favorite experiences at a Kiss show last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never would have expected to be blown away by this show, but I was!
commedimus
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by commedimus »

Also forgot to say that I saw Doc McGhee at the show. I was surprised to see him at a small show like that. Man that dude is short!
TRIOdevil
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by TRIOdevil »

Aside from the small meet and greet, how was the overall attendance?
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

[quote="TRIOdevil"]Aside from the small meet and greet, how was the overall attendance?[/quote]

As reported by the Administrator-

"The KISS Army and legions of other fans scooped up all available tickets Friday for a June 26 Interior Savings Centre concert.

Within minutes of going on sale, all remaining tickets after a Thursday pre-sale were sold out, said Bill Jaswal of Jelly Events.

“We still kept more than half available for today and that was gone in minutes,” he said. “People had to buy allotments in single seats.”

Tickets for a Dawson Creek KISS concert sold out just as quickly. "
commedimus
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by commedimus »

Yeah...... This show was completely sold out!
TRIOdevil
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by TRIOdevil »

Great news regarding attendance then. Fantastic!