Summer '11 Show 13: 7/15/11 - Walker, MN

User avatar
KISS Unmasked II
Banned
Banned
Posts: 18989
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:31 am
Location: Right here... ________Right now...

Re: Summer '11 Show 13: 7/15/11 - Walker, MN

Post by KISS Unmasked II »

heart_of_chrome wrote:
Forevertj wrote:Tha band has earned the right to say or do whatever they want. If you don't like it, too bad.


Saying the pledge is not political. It is about patriotism and that has no party. Neither left nor the right. If you are an American and don't like it, move to Mexico. No one will miss you.
The reason for saying the pledge here - namely war - IS political. and do I have to accept it as an enemy of war? no. because I paid for a rock concert, not a political debate. so save your argument that I should stay home. if others get boners about this, they should go to events where it is appropriate. not, and I say it again, a rock concert. The reason why I have a problem with that is because there are children at those concerts. they are educated into war with this BS. there is no doubt that people who give their lives for the country should be honored. but does it have to be a Kiss concert? war is glorified through actions like this. and I don't think that the US needs another war after Aftghanistan, Iraq and now Lybia. It is the same with the army advertisements.
I am not an American but I have always had a fond appreciation of the country. I think it's great that the band is so patriotic. But I have always thought KISS was a way to escape such issues, not to be force fed them. Of course it's only a few minutes out of an entire show but still, it has no place being there at all in my opinion.
8)
heart_of_chrome
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8736
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:40 am
Location: Germany

Re: Summer '11 Show 13: 7/15/11 - Walker, MN

Post by heart_of_chrome »

KISS Unmasked II wrote:
heart_of_chrome wrote:
Forevertj wrote:Tha band has earned the right to say or do whatever they want. If you don't like it, too bad.


Saying the pledge is not political. It is about patriotism and that has no party. Neither left nor the right. If you are an American and don't like it, move to Mexico. No one will miss you.
The reason for saying the pledge here - namely war - IS political. and do I have to accept it as an enemy of war? no. because I paid for a rock concert, not a political debate. so save your argument that I should stay home. if others get boners about this, they should go to events where it is appropriate. not, and I say it again, a rock concert. The reason why I have a problem with that is because there are children at those concerts. they are educated into war with this BS. there is no doubt that people who give their lives for the country should be honored. but does it have to be a Kiss concert? war is glorified through actions like this. and I don't think that the US needs another war after Aftghanistan, Iraq and now Lybia. It is the same with the army advertisements.
I am not an American but I have always had a fond appreciation of the country. I think it's great that the band is so patriotic. But I have always thought KISS was a way to escape such issues, not to be force fed them. Of course it's only a few minutes out of an entire show but still, it has no place being there at all in my opinion.
8)
so do I. I will be studying there from august.I like the country a lot but, as you said, there is no place for such things during a kiss concert. well, I didn't expect an answer from tj anyway. I guess he is still looking for arguments...
User avatar
Forevertj
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 14655
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:56 pm
Location: Powerhouse Gym

Re: Summer '11 Show 13: 7/15/11 - Walker, MN

Post by Forevertj »

heart_of_chrome wrote:
Forevertj wrote:Tha band has earned the right to say or do whatever they want. If you don't like it, too bad.


Saying the pledge is not political. It is about patriotism and that has no party. Neither left nor the right. If you are an American and don't like it, move to Mexico. No one will miss you.
The reason for saying the pledge here - namely war - IS political. and do I have to accept it as an enemy of war? no. because I paid for a rock concert, not a political debate. so save your argument that I should stay home. if others get boners about this, they should go to events where it is appropriate. not, and I say it again, a rock concert. The reason why I have a problem with that is because there are children at those concerts. they are educated into war with this BS. there is no doubt that people who give their lives for the country should be honored. but does it have to be a Kiss concert? war is glorified through actions like this. and I don't think that the US needs another war after Aftghanistan, Iraq and now Lybia. It is the same with the army advertisements.

It is not political. It is patriotism. Learn the definitions of words before you make false assertions.

As a child, I said the pedge every day at school. It should still be done. The pledge has nothing to do with war.

War??? :D :D

That is unbelievable.
User avatar
Forevertj
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 14655
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:56 pm
Location: Powerhouse Gym

Re: Summer '11 Show 13: 7/15/11 - Walker, MN

Post by Forevertj »

KISS Unmasked II wrote:
heart_of_chrome wrote:
Forevertj wrote:Tha band has earned the right to say or do whatever they want. If you don't like it, too bad.


Saying the pledge is not political. It is about patriotism and that has no party. Neither left nor the right. If you are an American and don't like it, move to Mexico. No one will miss you.
The reason for saying the pledge here - namely war - IS political. and do I have to accept it as an enemy of war? no. because I paid for a rock concert, not a political debate. so save your argument that I should stay home. if others get boners about this, they should go to events where it is appropriate. not, and I say it again, a rock concert. The reason why I have a problem with that is because there are children at those concerts. they are educated into war with this BS. there is no doubt that people who give their lives for the country should be honored. but does it have to be a Kiss concert? war is glorified through actions like this. and I don't think that the US needs another war after Aftghanistan, Iraq and now Lybia. It is the same with the army advertisements.
I am not an American but I have always had a fond appreciation of the country. I think it's great that the band is so patriotic. But I have always thought KISS was a way to escape such issues, not to be force fed them. Of course it's only a few minutes out of an entire show but still, it has no place being there at all in my opinion.
8)

Perhaps you are right, but as an american, we used to do that ecery single day in school.
User avatar
cwr18
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6152
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:44 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Re: Summer '11 Show 13: 7/15/11 - Walker, MN

Post by cwr18 »

Spirit wrote:I never once said Kiss was not a draw. Matter of fact I have repeatedly said they draw very well.
Good conditioning. :)
Spirit
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 23974
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:00 am
Location: 100,000,000 DVD's Sold

Re: Summer '11 Show 13: 7/15/11 - Walker, MN

Post by Spirit »

cwr18 wrote:
Spirit wrote:I never once said Kiss was not a draw. Matter of fact I have repeatedly said they draw very well.
Good conditioning. :)

I don't argue numbers. They are what they are.
User avatar
cwr18
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6152
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:44 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Re: Summer '11 Show 13: 7/15/11 - Walker, MN

Post by cwr18 »

KISS Unmasked II wrote: I am not an American but I have always had a fond appreciation of the country. I think it's great that the band is so patriotic. But I have always thought KISS was a way to escape such issues, not to be force fed them. Of course it's only a few minutes out of an entire show but still, it has no place being there at all in my opinion.
8)
Pre-9/11 I would agree with you. It would be over the top jingoism. But, since 9/11 many Americans, me included (and apparently Kiss), feel differently.
User avatar
gshaller
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 51040
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:14 pm

Re: Summer '11 Show 13: 7/15/11 - Walker, MN

Post by gshaller »

heart_of_chrome wrote:
Stanley! You look so cute wrote:The pledge of allegiance was the most nauseating, mawkish and tacky stunt I've seen any band do. What an absolute load of shit.
I would put it more nicely but I agree that paul should finally shut up about politics. this was even worse than the speech on the RTN dvd...
Dude, no. That shit was FAR far worse.
User avatar
gshaller
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 51040
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:14 pm

Re: Summer '11 Show 13: 7/15/11 - Walker, MN

Post by gshaller »

KISS Unmasked II wrote:
heart_of_chrome wrote:
Forevertj wrote:Tha band has earned the right to say or do whatever they want. If you don't like it, too bad.


Saying the pledge is not political. It is about patriotism and that has no party. Neither left nor the right. If you are an American and don't like it, move to Mexico. No one will miss you.
The reason for saying the pledge here - namely war - IS political. and do I have to accept it as an enemy of war? no. because I paid for a rock concert, not a political debate. so save your argument that I should stay home. if others get boners about this, they should go to events where it is appropriate. not, and I say it again, a rock concert. The reason why I have a problem with that is because there are children at those concerts. they are educated into war with this BS. there is no doubt that people who give their lives for the country should be honored. but does it have to be a Kiss concert? war is glorified through actions like this. and I don't think that the US needs another war after Aftghanistan, Iraq and now Lybia. It is the same with the army advertisements.
I am not an American but I have always had a fond appreciation of the country. I think it's great that the band is so patriotic. But I have always thought KISS was a way to escape such issues, not to be force fed them. Of course it's only a few minutes out of an entire show but still, it has no place being there at all in my opinion.
8)
Indeed.
User avatar
jconnors
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 9072
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:12 pm
Location: OHIO STATE BUCKEYES 2018 AND 2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Re: Summer '11 Show 13: 7/15/11 - Walker, MN

Post by jconnors »

[quote="Forevertj"]Tha band has earned the right to say or do whatever they want. If you don't like it, too bad.


Saying the pledge is not political. It is about patriotism and that has no party. Neither left nor the right. If you are an American and don't like it, move to Mexico. No one will miss you.[/quote]

+1